South Wind Knows 南风知我意 [2023]

NiteWalker

@SilverMoonTea

It's just promotional material for the drama -- a teaser with some basic information about the show

It starts with the leads pointing to their character names "Zhu Jiu" and "Fu Yunshen".

Then in the next sequence the wording above her is "perfect male god" and above him is "stuck-up handsome businessman"

In the third set of writing above her is "blunt sweet doctor" and above him is "perfect goddess"

In the fourth set, the title above her means "rivals/enemies inevitably cross paths" and above him is "can't give out spoilers"

In the fifth set,  the words are "little wolfhound" and "Fu Yunshen"

Then it's back to both their character names Zhu Jiu and Fu Yunshen where they point at each other with hearts.

Then it ends with "Watch South Wind Knows"... "After work watch South Wind Knows"

On 9/16/2023 at 2:25 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

This drama actually a bit badly written. I'm not sure how long I can stay just because the pair and my CY... 

It's a fairly generic plot but I'm finding it generally watchable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@SilverMoonTea

It's a fairly generic plot but I'm finding it generally watchable.

Thanks so much 40SA. 

I found somehow the flow or the pacing a bit out of tune, just the whole piece don't feel natural and kind of forced. It's true the same plot have been used multiple times before. 

I guess after saw ep 11 I'm a bit more invested to this drama now, because CY looks so good while suffering ? I swear he accepted this script because of this 😅 Also it was heartbreaking that only after 2 years she managed to cross path with him, only to find him in such a bad state. I'm not sure why his assistant also never try to find and tell her, probably he forbid him to do so. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Thanks so much 40SA. 

I found somehow the flow or the pacing a bit out of tune, just the whole piece don't feel natural and kind of forced. It's true the same plot have been used multiple times before. 

I guess after saw ep 11 I'm a bit more invested to this drama now, because CY looks so good while suffering ? I swear he accepted this script because of this 😅 Also it was heartbreaking that only after 2 years she managed to cross path with him, only to find him in such a bad state. I'm not sure why his assistant also never try to find and tell her, probably he forbid him to do so. 

I have been waiting for this to air since Stand By Me...so it feels a bit anti-climax now that it is out. Reading your description of suffering and looking good, I burst out laughing. I can see those two words going very well with his name. I finished Mysterious Lotus Casebook and the only two reasons I could tell my friend for watching it (besides the fast-paced storyline) was: (a) he looks elegant performing the wire work and martial arts stance; (b) where there is any suffering, lots of coughing up blood, pained looks, and it's him? Sign me up for it.

:lmao2:

• Haha 2
21 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@IpohBanana Heard CY clothes here is his personal own clothes? Not sure it's because of the budget or because he like to wear his own clothes 😅

Anyway glad you come back here and sign up for the life suffering together with me & 40SA 😂

haha, I am thinking where to start watching right now...I am sure the beginning parts are typical...and since I signed up for miserable looking CY, I should start where you mentioned it.:lmao2:

I watched a bit of tonight's episode and someone was getting on my nerves. Such a stubborn prick. sigh. There's only so much of noble idiocy that I can stand before I wanna get up and slap him. :GengarCool:  But luckily they released the trailer for E15-16 and it seems that he has come to his senses and isn't being that stubborn prick anymore. So, after tomorrow the going should get easier, until they meet the next hurdle.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Haha 2

@SilverMoonTea I watched E15. You are right; the editing is weird. They probably were so poor that they got some amateurs to edit it. She got up to get coffee while he was waiting and in the blink of an eye, she was back - it was like they didn't cut it properly. Plus a few other scenes that make me feel something is off. 

Haha, I was watching an interview between Esther Yu and Zhang Ling He, and they were interacting with fans' questions. So they were asked what they could wish each other - EY asked him to wish her, that her face would never look bloated again. I say this because CY's face looks puffed up in this drama. Or maybe that's his normal appearance, and the face we saw in MLC was after losing tons of weight plus the hair-do/make-up.

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

@SilverMoonTea I watched E15. You are right; the editing is weird. They probably were so poor that they got some amateurs to edit it. She got up to get coffee while he was waiting and in the blink of an eye, she was back - it was like they didn't cut it properly. Plus a few other scenes that make me feel something is off. 

Haha, I was watching an interview between Esther Yu and Zhang Ling He, and they were interacting with fans' questions. So they were asked what they could wish each other - EY asked him to wish her, that her face would never look bloated again. I say this because CY's face looks puffed up in this drama. Or maybe that's his normal appearance, and the face we saw in MLC was after losing tons of weight plus the hair-do/make-up.

I actually admiring his face here becase he look so thin and have amazing jawline too... I didn't really felt he look puffy? I found among C actor and C actress he's the one seldom look bloated, even when just appear on the street, when he want to go somewhere 😅 (I'm not stalking him, or maybe I am 😆

Is it the budget really very low for this drama? I thought CY back then in 2021 already quite popular. I'm also not sure did they really shoot in Germany? It did looked so. Eventhough I know the M country is just somewhere in China. 

I'm also waiting the CP to be at least have some promotion or something 😅 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Episode 15 was particularly weirdly cut. Probably the fingerprint of the censorship -- the reason why it took them 2 years to get this on the streaming platform. I think this show has suffered from being heavily censored. For instance Country M (bad English, bad ADR, dubbing issues). I'm not surprised if they've had to reshoot scenes to comply with censors.

Anyway I'm okay with the show. It's not going to win any awards. And for a soap opera, the characters are at least properly fleshed out. I still don't like the mother but at least I understand where she's coming from.

• Like 2

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma Haha, a copy of the typical Korean mother who gives a wad of money to her son's girlfriend. After watching My Journey to You, the way this drama is shot and edited is so jarring in contrast. Certainly, a different genre but it's like having Godiva soft-serve ice cream, and then the next day, having McD's version. :lmao2: 

Sigh, I will have to lower my bar for CY's sake. My memory could be flawed, it's been so long, but I feel like the relationship they had in Stand By Me was more intense/ emotional than this one.

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I might not be able to finish this. They overutilized CY and his suffering and the vomit blood 😅 Eventhough he looks good on it. There had to be some more substance on it. Not sure about the novel, but this drama writing type I felt like I also can write one 😅 I had quite enough after he able to walk, then he got hit up again. I mean like serious? 🫠

16 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

Sigh, I will have to lower my bar for CY's sake. My memory could be flawed, it's been so long, but I feel like the relationship they had in Stand By Me was more intense/ emotional than this one.

Yes felt the same. Probably the story contribute, and their chemistry still fresher. 

• Like 1

@IpohBanana @SilverMoonTea

It's a light (and predictable) watch admittedly but surprisingly I'm enjoying it. It's kind of fun actually. Sometimes I can watch trashy dramas with unseemly glee. This seems to be one of those.

I'm enjoying watching the older brother Xizhou spiralling over to the dark side and I love hating on the meddlesome mother. At least in this show people's bad decisions come to bite them... hard.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@SilverMoonTea i haven't been really watching. Mother's boy is not my cup of tea and sometimes I watch he is in a wheelchair and sometimes he's not. I am confused with such a storyline, though if I were to follow each episode I am sure there is a valid explanation. Anyways, tonight is ending and I watched it!!!! Really old-school drama. Dunno how many times CY is in the hospital, now not enough, the FL also in the hospital. :laugh:

• Haha 2