22 minutes ago, ssteph said:

They change the female character's name?

Yes they did. Because the name is similar to that of Chun Young Cho, a real-life prominent figure during South Korea's 1987 student protests. The Netizens made a fuss so it was changed.

Kudos to JTBC sticking to their guns in airing this. Now we wait and see... 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

First Teaser

The first teaser has been released for “Snowdrop”!

Set in 1987 Seoul, the upcoming JTBC drama tells the emotional love story of university students Su Ho and Young Ro. Jung Hae In plays elite university student Su Ho, who suddenly appears at a women’s university dorm in a bloody state one day, while BLACKPINK’s Jisoo is Young Ro, a student at the women’s university who hides him and takes care of his wounds while facing danger under close surveillance.

The teaser begins by giving a glimpse of the setting, Hosu Women’s University, and shows Su Ho riding a bike through the lightly falling snow. He emotionally says in a voiceover, “I’m sorry. It’s because of me.” The clip then teases heart-fluttering scenes as Su Ho and Young Ro overlap their hands and also run into each other. The teaser ends with Young Ro’s voice saying, “I miss you. I wish I could see you just once,” and she is seen grasping Su Ho’s sleeve.

“Snowdrop” is created by writer Yoo Hyun Mi and director Jo Hyun Tak, who previously worked together on the hit drama “SKY Castle.” Other cast members include Yoo In NaJang Seung JoYoon Se AhKim Hye Yoon, and Jung Yoo Jin. The drama is scheduled to premiere in December.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Party! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

BLACKPINK’s Jisoo And Jung Hae In’s “Snowdrop” Announces Premiere Date With New Teaser Poster

snowdrop.jpeg

Jung Hae In and BLACKPINK’s Jisoo’s “Snowdrop” has unveiled its premiere date and a new poster!

Set in 1987 Seoul, the upcoming JTBC drama tells the emotional love story of university students Su Ho and Young Ro. Jung Hae In plays elite university student Su Ho, who suddenly appears at a women’s university dorm in a bloody state one day, while Jisoo is Young Ro, a student at the women’s university who hides him and takes care of his wounds while facing danger under close surveillance.

The new poster revealed on November 9 features Su Ho and Young Ro sitting together under the warm sunlight. Su Ho looks off into the distance while Young Ro gazes at him with loving eyes. The poster captures the youthful beginning of their relationship as their faces show hints of excitement. A snowdrop flower in the foreground has its stem going right between the pair and adds a romantic atmosphere to the image. But at the same time, the way Su Ho doesn’t meet Young Ro’s gaze indicates some tension, which is only amplified by the text that reads, “Must not get caught. Both love and fate.”

“Snowdrop” is created by writer Yoo Hyun Mi and director Jo Hyun Tak, who previously worked together on the hit drama “SKY Castle.” Other cast members include Yoo In NaJang Seung JoYoon Se AhKim Hye Yoon, and Jung Yoo Jin.

The drama has announced that it will premiere on December 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 1

BLACKPINK’s Jisoo And Jung Hae In Open Up About Their Drama “Snowdrop” + Feeling Nervous For The Premiere

Jung-Hae-In-Jisoo-2.jpg

In a recent interview and pictorial for Harper’s Bazaar magazine, BLACKPINK’s Jisoo and Jung Hae In dished on their upcoming drama “Snowdrop”!

“Snowdrop,” which will be helmed by the director and writer of the smash hit “SKY Castle,” is a new JTBC romance drama set in 1987.

Jung Hae In will star as Su Ho, a student at a prestigious university who suddenly rushes into a women’s university dorm covered in blood one day, while Jisoo will star as Young Ro, a student at the women’s university who hides him and takes care of his wounds even while facing danger under close surveillance.

When asked why he had chosen the drama for his next project, Jung Hae In replied, “The biggest reason was the writing. The strength of the writing, the strength of the story, and my infinite trust in the writer and director.”

As for whether Jisoo ever felt any whiplash when switching back and forth between BLACKPINK promotions and filming for “Snowdrop,” she revealed, “Because the worlds that Young Ro and Jisoo live in are so completely different from one another, I actually didn’t find myself getting confused.”

“On top of that, from the moment that I arrived on the filming set, everyone treated me like Young Ro instead of Jisoo,” she continued. “Thanks to them, I was able to completely focus on being Young Ro, so I was really grateful to the staff.”

Jisoo.jpg

Spoiler

Jisoo-2.jpg

Jung Hae In also opened up about some of the difficulties he faced while filming the drama.

“‘Snowdrop’ is the project during which I found myself running into the most walls in terms of my acting,” he shared. “Because of that, I relied even more on not only the director and Jisoo, but also each and every member of the production staff. During that process, I realized that there truly is nothing that you can do entirely on your own. So I think I’ll be more nervous than ever before as I watch the first episode air.”

Meanwhile, Jisoo spoke about how her bandmates had given her strength during filming.

“The other BLACKPINK members promised that no matter what, they would watch the drama when it airs on TV,” said Jisoo. “Even when I was filming, because we contact each other so often, they were always cheering me on. Because the members were so curious [about the drama], I found myself gaining strength and working even harder.”

Finally, when asked with whom she’d be watching the premiere of “Snowdrop” when it aired, Jisoo jokingly replied, “I don’t have the confidence to watch the premiere with anyone. I want to watch it by myself at home, but I don’t know what will end up happening. I think I may end up covering my eyes with my hands and watching through the tiny gap between my fingers.”

Jung-Hae-In-2.jpg

Spoiler

Jung-Hae-In.jpg

“Snowdrop” will premiere on December 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 1

Someone on the YT comment posted this translation for the above teaser @mademoiselle

Young Ro: “I wondered what ‘falling in love at first sight’ meant but the moment I met this man, I knew right away. Our hands just slightly touched but my heart dropped. Is this what first love is? Can we meet again?”

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Watch: Jung Hae In, BLACKPINK’s Jisoo, And More Impress At 1st Script Reading For “Snowdrop”

snowdrop-jung-hae-in-jisoo1.jpg

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Snowdrop” shared a behind-the-scenes look at the script reading!

Directed and written by the “SKY Castle,” team, “Snowdrop” takes place in Seoul in 1987. The drama tells the love story between Im Su Ho (Jung Hae In), a student at a prestigious university who rushes into a women’s university covered in blood one day, and Eun Young Ro (BLACKPINK’s Jisoo), a student at the women’s university who hides and takes care of him despite facing danger under close surveillance.

The script reading begins with director Jo Hyun Tak sharing, “I’ll become a director you can always comfortably talk to about anything.” Scriptwriter Yoo Hyun Mi states, “I’ve harbored this topic in my heart for 12 years. I’ll work really hard to write it.”

From the first script reading, Jung Hae In and Jisoo impressed with their understanding of their roles and character portrayal. Jung Hae In plays Im Soo Ho, a graduate student of a prestigious university who is from Germany and has a lot of secrets. Jung Hae In comments, “He’s a figure that gets swept up in a whirlwind of events as the story progresses.” He later adds, “Since the director, scriptwriter, and senior actors eased my nervousness, I was able to participate in the script reading very comfortably and enjoyably.”

Jisoo stars as freshman Eun Young Ro, who is majoring in English at Hosu Woman’s University. In the interview, the actress shares, “She gets swept up in an incident with Su Ho, so please tune in to find out what happens and what incident they get caught up in.” Jisoo also remarks, “It was my first script reading, but I got energized because everyone treated me comfortably and cheered me on a lot.”

Jang Seung Jo takes on the role of the stubborn Lee Kang Moo, who is the relentless team leader of the National Security Planning Agency’s investigation team. Yoon Se Ah plays Hosu Woman’s University’s dorm inspector Pi Seung Hee, while Kim Hye Yoon stars as the dormitory’s phone operator Gye Boon Ok. Kim Hye Yoon comments, “I’m grateful to be able to act in such a good project, and I think it’ll be a project I can learn a lot from.”

snowdrop1.jpg

Furthermore, Jung Yoo Jin plays Jang Han Na, the hot-tempered employee of the National Security Planning Agency, Heo Joon Ho plays Eun Young Ro’s father Eun Chang Soo, Kim Jung Nan plays Eun Chang Soo’s wife Hong Ae Ra, Park Sung Woong plays security general Nam Tae Il, and Jung Hye Young plays Nam Tae Il’s wife Jo Sung Shim.

Spoiler

snowdrop-22.jpg

The script reading ends with the cast expressing their excitement for the upcoming premiere. Take a look at the full script reading below:

“Snowdrop” will premiere on December 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1

Jung Hae In And BLACKPINK’s Jisoo Have Romantic Yet Tense 1st Encounter In “Snowdrop”

jung-hae-in-jisoo.jpeg

JTBC’s “Snowdrop” has unveiled its first stills of Jung Hae In and BLACKPINK’s Jisoo!

Directed and written by the “SKY Castle” team, “Snowdrop” takes place in Seoul in 1987. The drama tells the love story between Im Su Ho (Jung Hae In), a student at a prestigious university who rushes into a women’s university covered in blood one day, and Eun Young Ro (Jisoo), a student at the women’s university who hides and takes care of him despite facing danger under close surveillance.

New stills reveal Im Su Ho and Eun Young Ro locked in an embrace though they are meeting for the first time. Eun Young Ro looks nervous as Im Su Ho suddenly approaches her, and Im Su Ho holds her tight with an uneasy gaze. The scene is both romantic and tense, raising questions about what could have happened to the pair. Eun Young Ro then looks at Im Su Ho, but he doesn’t return her gaze.

In order to film the scene well, Jung Hae In and Jisoo conversed and engaged with each other on set. The two actors became more in tune with their roles by reading their characters’ emotions, and they showed great teamwork as they helped each other rehearse their movements for the scene.

The producers of “Snowdrop” shared, “With their shining teamwork, the two actors Jung Hae In and Jisoo fully portrayed the scene that contains both tension and excitement. Please show lots of interest and anticipation for how the pair and their budding romance will overcome the whirlwind of events that come at them.”

“Snowdrop” premieres on December 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 1

“Snowdrop” Reveals New Poster Showcasing Romantic Chemistry Between BLACKPINK’s Jisoo And Jung Hae In

snowdrop2.jpg

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Snowdrop” has released a new poster of the charming main duo!

Directed and written by the “SKY Castle” team, “Snowdrop” takes place in Seoul in 1987. The drama tells the love story between Su Ho (Jung Hae In), a student at a prestigious university who rushes into a women’s university covered in blood one day, and Young Ro (Jisoo), a student at the women’s university who hides and takes care of him despite facing danger under close surveillance.

The new poster showcases Young Ro and Su Ho closely facing each other while romantically looking into each other’s eyes.

Young Ro’s hand is placed on Su Ho’s shoulders while she looks up into his eyes. The warm lighting mirrors their chemistry, reflecting on the upcoming youthful romance.

The words on the poster read, “I hoped that it was just the fate of the two of us,” previewing the unexpected turns in their relationship.

“Snowdrop” premieres on December 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 1