The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

@oppasaranghaeyoit is such a beautiful kiss n whole look was just sigh... So magical. Our houye does know how to woo a gal. He decided to open up after the drunk 22 episode n remembering what linbo says. From then on he is openly courting her. Our 11 just doesn't know what hit her.

I love the family bed scene too. Even though she put his arm under her to stop him from moving about. The action wasnt a shy one. I mean same bed whole night, she slept on his arm. Skinship. She looks comfy sleeping on his arm smiling. 

When they were making the bed, his hand touched her, she did not withdraw immediately. Tsy was so good i could almost feel shiyi heart pumping like mad. Oh oops it could be my heart pumping away. Hehe 

But i hope the rating goes up. I realky don know what e people complaining about. Some saya story is mot strong n very illogical. Guess they prefer to see lots of ferocious females scheming like yanxi. N they end up gettibg an annoying illogical madame xu n a mean qiao which was not very intelligent in her scheme and a ridiculous pout. Honestly i thought yuanniang scheme was much more intelligent n makes me hold my breadth more. But nvm i still love thw show. I will try my best to go dramalist n see if i can rate it all 10. Haha..... 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
16 minutes ago, SnT said:

But i hope the rating goes up. I realky don know what e people complaining about. Some saya story is mot strong n very illogical.

The ratings and rankings are already through the roof awesome! No worries there. As for those comments, yeah, I read them too. I think a lot of the impatience stems from not fully understanding the plot development and setting. Besides, many people skipped lots of segments because they don't like this or that scene, so if they are unclear, then that's their own doing (or more like, their undoing). On the whole, I see many, many more viewers enjoying the slow and steady build up to a solid romance. I'm awed by this PD and screenwriter, and 1101CP are true masters of their craft. They are perfect as a couple who married not out of love, but for familial reason and then slowly understanding each other and slowly falling in love with each other. So believable!

18 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

Guys look what i found!!! hahaha i guess we are in for some serious kiss today???!!! heheheh

OH YAY! I can't wait! :love:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

28 minutes ago, SnT said:

But i hope the rating goes up. I realky don know what e people complaining about. Some saya story is mot strong n very illogical. Guess they prefer to see lots of ferocious females scheming like yanxi. N they end up gettibg an annoying illogical madame xu n a mean qiao which was not very intelligent in her scheme and a ridiculous pout. Honestly i thought yuanniang scheme was much more intelligent n makes me hold my breadth more. But nvm i still love thw show. I will try my best to go dramalist n see if i can rate it all 10. Haha..... 

the rating is based on the audience...and i think the audience are divided, some find it illogical since HouYe and ShiYi done the deed the on the wedding night

and they are laughing...however in the drama they yet to done it....however honestly....i find i like the pace in the drama itself and also i didnt read the book and i dont really care hahaha

im loving the drama by itself 

1 minute ago, SnT said:

Omg omg omg.. Hope it will be like full few min haha 😍😍

hahaha i knew u guys going to love it...i was so excited to post it to moment i found it lols hahhaha

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
11 minutes ago, MorningDew said:

I agree with this... the writer done a good job considering that the original piece novel has such a long chapters. 

Can you guys lowkey don’t remind me how much chapters the novel have. It unmotivated me to translate :cry:

i joke! Definitely agree, they perfectly shrink everything to just 45 episodes

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

I read that novel is very long n it is about very mundane daily things in the inner courtyard. N it goes to talk about their son too.. 

I m the same i love the drama. I don read the novel. Anyway, jt should be treated differently.  I though the pacing was great. N logical n the lead acting makes is very strong. 

I remember ruyi i was complaining many things don make semse. I think jjy acting was a little wooden. N the pd team was do bad esp the script. I mean there is some similarity. Ie male prepared divorce psper to protect the lady, fske news on death of male. Lady hurt male because of a close relatives death, lsdy got imprison. Many parts were truly illogical. But here  w s&b I don't get that all. 

• Like 7
17 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Can you guys lowkey don’t remind me how much chapters the novel have. It unmotivated me to translate :cry:

i joke! Definitely agree, they perfectly shrink everything to just 45 episodes

Opps sorry.. I didn’t mean to demotivate you. 🙏🙏

but you’re doing such a good job with translating the novel to English for others to read..👏 Thank you💕

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, MorningDew said:

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! Finally.. what’s their couple name ? Do they have one?😂😂

Ti mian couple.. Ti mian was original mentioned by yuanniang meaning give my sister dignity accorded to the maim wife. So he recall that word during wedding night n he tried to consummate to give her the dignity. So from then on the consummation between them is refer to as ti mian but the words ti can also sound n mean body, mian sound n mean face. So ti misn is a short saying as body face to face... U girls get it haha..... 

And all the fans who asked and called for them to have their bodies face to face is called mian fen = sound like flour... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
24 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

hahaha....sorry.....

Hugs Hugs...you have been doing a great job in translating honestly....keep going k my dear

LOL no worries. Thank you, thank you! **hugs**

21 minutes ago, MorningDew said:

Opps sorry.. I didn’t mean to demotivate you. 🙏🙏

but you’re doing such a good job with translating the novel to English for others to read..👏 Thank you💕

I was joking! Don’t worry :eeeee:

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, SnT said:

Ti mian couple.. Ti mian was original mentioned by yuanniang meaning give my sister dignity accorded to the maim wife. So he recall that word during wedding night n he tried to consummate to give her the dignity. So from then on the consummation between them is refer to as ti mian

Aww..this is quite funny but cute since their interaction during the wedding night is super awkward 😆😆

• Like 3

Omg i m not sure how to download from weibo... There is scene of her falling down in the rain. N he pick her up. N sje was crying because they hv a argument of him. Saying to her.. U only hv guilt n gratitude for me. That's why u don trust me. Omg... Will it happen in ep 32 u guys reckon.. 

@niema found it. Thanks sm... 6 more hours to go. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
2 minutes ago, SnT said:

Omg i m not sure how to download from weibo... There is scene of her falling down in the rain. N he pick her up. N sje was crying because they hv a argument of him. Saying to her.. U only hv guilt n gratitude for me. That's why u don trust me. Omg... Will it happen in ep 32 u guys reckon.. 

uh usually if you click on it? The share button have a download button? Unless some weibo restricted (this is phone) 

for laptop, there’s a website where you can download them by pasting link 

yes. I saw that scene, I even saw the scene they kissed after making up and continued kissing while on the bed

• Like 4

Haha looks like our houye just cannot hold up under 11 attack. I saw the scene she apply medicine on him n he almost fall off the chair. Haha... Poor guy... Completely gone. I think saw her crying n that's it. He surrendered. 

I cam speak n understand spoken mandarin pretty well, but i cant read fluently. I actually download weibo for our cp n this drama. Hope my mandarin will fly upwards after this drama w all these stalking n scrolling on weibo. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 4

Darn!! I changed my phone and I can't retrieved back my Weibo and they gave me a visitor one that is so limited in features. Weibo is so strict now, it's difficult to create a new account.....:GengarPout:

I am so irked by some comments in some forum that bashing HouYe because he got many wives.....:Mimed: I was like pluuusseee, people!!! This is ancient time, haul your behind to the modern drama if your feminism got offended.....I am stuck in episode 24, no subbed yet from 25 onward....#CryingInMyJades

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
47 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

uh usually if you click on it? The share button have a download button? Unless some weibo restricted (this is phone) 

for laptop, there’s a website where you can download them by pasting link 

yes. I saw that scene, I even saw the scene they kissed after making up and continued kissing while on the bed

U mean there will be more than just blur out slowly fall into bed like typical chinese drama bed scene.? 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I am so irked by some comments in some forum that bashing HouYe because he got many wives.....:Mimed: I was like pluuusseee, people!!! This is ancient time, haul your behind to the modern drama if your feminism got offended.....I am stuck in episode 24, no subbed yet from 25 onward....#CryingInMyJades

same here...some of them really need to read the history....are they aware that the emperors has way more than the HouYe have??!!

• Clapping Hands 3
1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

same here...some of them really need to read the history....are they aware that the emperors has way more than the HouYe have??!!

IKR!! In every ancient civilization, men got many wives mah.....Some even talked about consent, don't made me go there.....:shocked:  Those feminazis should stick to modern super hero drama/movie.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Darn!! I changed my phone and I can't retrieved back my Weibo and they gave me a visitor one that is so limited in features. Weibo is so strict now, it's difficult to create a new account.....:GengarPout:

So true.. the genre is historical.. and it’s a reality for the people that time to be polygamous.. but some people get triggered and forgot that the context of this drama is two strangers find true love in an arrange marriage after getting to know each other character deeply. 

That bashing comment to Houye is annoying. Lmao..they didn’t even watch the drama properly and be judgemental. 

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

IKR!! In every ancient civilization, men got many wives mah.....Some even talked about consent, don't made me go there.....:shocked:  Those feminazis should stick to modern super hero drama/movie.

which is why whenever one of my friends ask me what genre im watching now im saying im watching harem show....u wanna watch? dont complain pls!!! lols

• Haha 3
  • Party! 3