I'm so so for this drama. It took me 2 days to get past the first 3 episodes. Ep4-6 were good. Then it went downhill from there. Like @abs-oluteM says, the fight is between Grandpa Choi and Kim Myeonggil. When Choi and his knifers died, the drama lost something. I would have been more interested to see how they intended to bring the villians down, considering they were such a small but skillful team. More brains and less brute force would have been better - but I guess boxing is the theme here.

They were very careless - how can you assume that your locations will not be discovered? Everyone should just have stayed together in the house. How could the knifer and his wife still stay in their house? GW's mother was already attacked once. And that house did not have a safe/panic room? It had an open basement. And what can 1 gun do against so many? And Choi left the safe open. 🙄🙄🙄

The revenge plot was weak, and the way they brought the villian down was even weaker.

Choi Siwon's role - he was being threatened by a video of him naked - that's all right? He was willing to give up his hotel, kowtow to the villian etc just for that? And when he had so many relatives that could have threatened KMG with audits etc? He just needed to tell one of his relatives and his problem would have been solved. Even without them, I would just let him distribute the video and call the police on it. He's a man. What's the big deal about a naked video. (Btw, this is my first time watching him. Looked familiar until I read his name here then I remembered he is the bachelorette party dancer @tofu showed earlier haha.)

And breaking into his phone just to destroy a portable drive? Did they not think there would be backups? Hello. Plus this only solves the rich boy's problem. How about the revenge?

Then the two of them go on the ship ALONE. Why? The police could have gone on it with them and arrested everyone! Nothing makes sense.

On 6/10/2023 at 12:22 AM, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate I remember you said you liked actions. This has good amount of fight scenes with good storyline. I quite enjoy the battle of wit between the current loan shark vs former loan shark (aka mentee vs mentor). I literally am forcing myself to go to bed so I can prolong watching this drama! Just FYI in advance, I'm sure you will criticise the use of fists rather than weapons, and I agree with you. The difference in this is the main leads are not the same as Jang Do Ki because they tried not to hurt people that way. However, there are multiple times I'm gritting my teeth and having evil thoughts wishing they would not be so righteous and fight fair because the villains never do. Unlike Taxi Driver, I actually take pleasure in seeing these boys fight with their fists. There was more sense of satisfaction they won with their boxing skills... if you know what I mean.

The action was good. And yes, there were moments I was thinking, please grab one of the bars 😂 But they prevailed so it's fine haha.

On 6/11/2023 at 2:51 AM, Tofu said:

I finished the first episode and I liked it. After seeing Woo Do Hwan and Lee Sang Yi, I am really thankful that Lee Do Hyun and Kwak Dong Yeon did not accept the casting offer. 

I definitely think WDH is a better fit than LDH would have been. I was surprised by LSY - only saw him in Hometown Cha Cha Cha and he was such a goody. But I think KDY could have done this too.

On 6/12/2023 at 7:17 AM, Tofu said:

I think the drama lost it's heart after episode six. The last two episodes felt a bit disjointed from the rest. Although, I think the reason why we feel this gap is because Kim Sae Ron's character does not return. If Kim Sae Ron didn't get into a scandal during filming, I don't think we would be feeling this way. Her character would still be in episode 7 & 8, which would have helped bridge that gap. 

I was also wondering why she disappeared after ep6. Understood after reading the reason here.

But her character is dispensable for me. She didn't listen to grandpa Choi and this was what caught the villian's attention. So it's on her. With the plot, she would have just been another fighter at the end. So with or without her, I think makes no difference.

On 6/15/2023 at 3:16 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I wish Disney Plus would do the same with some of their shows . 

I read Disney is laying off the team developing k-dramas. Seems the 2023 lineup will still go ahead, but maybe no more/less after that. Also good. Too many subscriptions to maintain now 😂

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I read Disney is laying off the team developing k-dramas. Seems the 2023 lineup will still go ahead, but maybe no more/less after that. Also good. Too many subscriptions to maintain now 😂

They won't invest making their own but they will still buy copyright, isn't that still the same?

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM In the video @mademoiselle posted of them talking about the BTS, it's suggested that LSY's muscle definition is real. They both complained about eating chicken and brown rice for every meal. :laugh:

I remember Lei Lei had strict diet too when playing Ashile Sun. And I remember that clip where he was so happy he could eat rice!

I honestly don't know how Koreans do it, in the sense that, when they show the actors "eat well" or taking a mouthful of food on screen, it's always big spoonful of white rice*, not the veggies or meat. But the actors are on diet so repeatedly having them swallow white rice on screen isn't going to help with their diet. 😅

*Although I think from many years of watching kdramas, eating a lot of white rice symbolises someone can "eats well" and "enjoy a meal" that makes the oldies happy.

• Haha 1