I admit that I was a total blubbering mess watching episode 9 about Kong, the dog who ran away from home and was going to die in order to try to spare his beloved owner pain. I didn't think I would react this way while watching the previews, but it brought memories of my beloved dog who died a few years ago to the fore, so that I was literally sobbing with missing her so much.

I did like the scene where Hun is able to smile thinking about his beloved Kong. I think about mine every day, and most days I smile, though some days I still cry a little bit when I'm just by myself at how much I still miss her.

I liked the epilogue where Kong reunites with his owner Hun, though it was still a bit sad for me to think that Kong would reincarnate as a human and thus be separated from Hun again.

I wish there was a Rainbow Bridge so that she can be happy frolicking with friends somewhere.

Also, I liked N as Hun. It feels as if it's been a really long time since I watched him in a drama.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Also, I liked N as Hun. It feels as if it's been a really long time since I watched him in a drama.

He was discharged in late 2020. His first project back that I saw him in was Bad&Crazy. He was great in that but I was so heart broken for his character (during the first half of the drama). Even when I see the stills of him in this drama, I think about his character in Bad&Crazy and it makes me sad all over again. :letalQQ:

• Like 2

I am such a mess after this episode. It's hitting so close to home because my dog is turning 15 in eleven days. He has to undergo surgery next week to remove a mass they found during his checkup. I won't know if it's cancerous until they do labs. Watching him go through that and this episode about Kong, I swear I cried the entire time. 

It probably doesn't help that I watched N go through pain in Bad&Crazy (he was beat up so much trying to save people) and he is going through that in this episode too. I like N as an actor and I hope to see him in more dramas. Maybe in a leading role and not so much supporting roles.

Good to finally see more information on our grim reapers again. They are really waiting until the last few episodes to reveal everything. I wonder if Ryung Gu is reacting strongly to the sexual assault (preview for tomorrow) has to do with his past life. 

@stroppyse As per the drama, your dog is waiting for you so you can be reincarnated together as sisters again. 

• Like 2

I cried for this episode too. Not as bad as episode 6 so I recovered quicker today from the sadness. I occasionally think/miss our pets too. If reincarnation exists, I do hope they all reincarnated to have a better life.

Kong is such a good animal actor, so obediently sits on the chair and not move.

I can see that this episode's theme is resonating with many people online. I like that the show presented the point of view not just from the humans but also Kong's—with Joon Woong acting on behalf of Kong expressing its feelings/thoughts and Gu Ryeon on the perspective of those who was left behind without the ability to bid farewell to their loved ones.

I hope the surgery goes well with your pet dog @Tofu.

Episode 11 Preview

Looks like the story will continue to focus on Ryung Gu's past. Yay! Judging from the cuts, we got some more crumbs on Ryeon and Joong Gil's past too.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Looks like the story will continue to focus on Ryung Gu's past. Yay! Judging from the cuts, we got some more crumbs on Ryeon and Joong Gil's past too.

Yay, finally! The story about Ryung Gu's past is very sad. I can't imagined how I would feel if I lost my mom at that age. I'm assuming the murder he committed is tied directing to the people who assaulted his mom?

For Joong Gil and Gu Ryeon, I still think they were past lovers. When the Jade Empress talked about Gu Ryeon killing the person Joong Gil loved, I'm assuming she was referring to Gu Ryeon as that person. 

There are so many fanmade videos of Gu Ryeon and Joong Gil on YT too. Here's one of them...haha!

Episode 11 Preview

• Like 1

"Tomorrow" keeps making me cry... 😅

Sexual assault stories are always difficult to watch. I could barely feel satisfied even when the attacker got what he deserved, the rape victim's suffering doesn't end there. She will carry this trauma for the rest of her life.

Regardless his death was changed to being burnt alive, I'm not happy that in the end the attacker died in the bus. Granted in this "world building", we know he will be punished harshly anyway in hell but I still think he needs to serve his time in the prison first in the human world and pay for more in hell (if there is any at all - which could be our own wishful thinking and the victim will never be able to verify).

I feel the depictions of each case thus far in this show shown us had been more PG-15 than other dramas, touching the surface of each topic and not dwelling too deep, dark or extreme into showing or exploring the persons' darkest emotions. Maybe I say this because I've just finished with a much darker theme drama (The King of Pigs).

As for the crumbs on Gu Ryeon and Joong Gil... it's so open to interpretation that it can be so many things! :pandahehe: Now I'm thinking maybe Gu Ryeon didn't marry Joong Gil but someone else.

Episode 10 BTS

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Now I'm thinking maybe Gu Ryeon didn't marry Joong Gil but someone else.

I thought that in GR's conversation with the Jade Empress that she mentioned that she had killed someone close to JG? Anyway, I also don't think that JG and GR had been married.

The sexual assault was hard to watch, as was the victim's family's reaction. I'm sure they said what they said in their fear and anger at what had happened, but it came out as victim blaming when she needed their support. I think that this may be too common an occurrence. 

I also think that the rapist should have served time in earthly prison before he got burned alive to go to hell.

I was curious about Deputy Lim this episode. It's sad that his mother was gang raped, and it looks as if we'll see the full story in the next episode. From the previews, it seemed his mother had been a gisaeng who had quit, but a nobleman was determined to put her in her place after refusing his advances and ordered his soldiers to rape her. Afterward, Deputy Lim came home to find his mother.

Also, who is the pregnant girl that he goes to watch. I thought that perhaps she is the reincarnation of his mother?

Anyway, he has to have had a reason to agree to be a grim reaper rather than go on to the afterlife with its chance to be reincarnated, so I guess we'll see.

• Like 2
On 5/1/2022 at 4:36 PM, stroppyse said:

I thought that in GR's conversation with the Jade Empress that she mentioned that she had killed someone close to JG? Anyway, I also don't think that JG and GR had been married.

Jade Emperor said Gu Ryeon killed someone he loves. But the context could still mean she killed herself, whom he loved. They were meant to marry each other based on the scene where they were young but maybe it didn't happen when they reached adulthood. But there was also a scene where she looked like she wanted to kill herself and he tried stopped her. Both were wearing white undergarments and you must be married to be able to see each other in such clothings... :idk:

Also, who is the pregnant girl that he goes to watch. I thought that perhaps she is the reincarnation of his mother?

The pregnant woman in present time is his mother.

From the previews, it seemed his mother had been a gisaeng who had quit, but a nobleman was determined to put her in her place after refusing his advances and ordered his soldiers to rape her. Afterward, Deputy Lim came home to find his mother.

His mother has hung herself when Ryung Gu was young. Hmm, did Ryung Gu worked as Grim Reaper so that his mother can reincarnate? She should be in hell since she took her own life. Based on the next episode's preview, it mentioned Ryung Gu killed someone in the living world, I am guessing after he grew up he may have become someone's guard/husband and a Yangban was raping another woman. He couldn't stand it so he killed this Yangban. In episode 5, there was a scene in Joseon period that Grim Reaper Joong Gil came for Ryung Gu and Gu Ryeon blocked him.

New stills

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
On 5/1/2022 at 1:36 AM, stroppyse said:

I also think that the rapist should have served time in earthly prison before he got burned alive to go to hell.

I think burning him was the easy way out. He deserve to serve time in prison and live a life where he has no control over. 

@stroppyse @mademoiselle The person he's watching is his mother and I also think that his wish might have something to do with her. Even though she's reincarnated, maybe there's a curse or she has to pay for the sins of her past lives (like Joon Woong). 

The new OST for Tomorrow is actually not a brand new song. It is Yoo Hwe Seong's version of his hit song with Lee Hong Gi. The original version is one of my favorite. I'll put the original in a spoiler tag if you want to hear the difference. 

Spoiler

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

The new OST for Tomorrow is actually not a brand new song. It is Yoo Hwe Seong's version of his hit song with Lee Hong Gi. The original version is one of my favorite. I'll put the original in a spoiler tag if you want to hear the difference. 

The original version is really nice. I think I like the rasp of Lee Hong Gi's voice contrasting with the softer tone of Yoo Hwe Seong's. Thanks for posting.

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

The person he's watching is his mother and I also think that his wish might have something to do with her. Even though she's reincarnated, maybe there's a curse or she has to pay for the sins of her past lives (like Joon Woong).

Thanks, and good point. He's clearly still traumatized by his mother's fate, and probably wants something better for her reincarnated life. It does make me wonder about her pregnancy, though, and his feelings, since the baby is not him.

• Like 1

Don't have much to input about episode 11. This whole episode is dedicated to give us Ryung Gu's backstory. There's not too huge of a surprise in his backstory. Next episode will still be about Ryung Gu and his reincarnated mother. At first I thought she has post natal depression but now with the help of subs, turns out she had lost the baby. 

And now I wonder IF this would link to Gu Ryeon's own backstory. One of the theories that netizens are sharing online was that Gu Ryeon lost her baby, that's why she chose suicide to end the pain.

• Like 1

2022.05.08 BTS for E11-12

I think I am crying almost every weekend thanks to these somber kdramas 😅

Episode 12 officially ended Ryung Gu's backstory. I thought the next 2 weeks we'll be focusing on Ryeon and Joong Gil's backstory but looks like the show still have one more topic in stall for us. Hopefully this is the answer to why Ryeon took her life.

I really like the bond Joon Woong is forming with the Jade Emperor. Really hope he'll be able to keep his memory when he returns to his body.

• Like 1

I thought it was interesting how these two episodes lined up with Mother's Day so well. I cried towards the end of episode 12 when he was apologizing for saying those things to his mom. I can't imagined how he must have felt carrying that weight around for many years -- the thought that he was the reason his mom committed suicide. 

It makes sense for episode 13/14 to be on Joong Gil and Goo Ryeon. They have to save episode 15/16 for Joon Woong's return to the Land of the Living. 

• Like 2

2022.05.11 New stills

On 5/9/2022 at 11:07 PM, Tofu said:

It makes sense for episode 13/14 to be on Joong Gil and Goo Ryeon. They have to save episode 15/16 for Joon Woong's return to the Land of the Living. 

I think episode 13 is still focusing on comfort women (though will link it to Goo Ryeon) and then episode 14-15 for our Grim Reaper pairing. Joon Woong will just get a bit of focus in episode 16  :jiminbtssigh:

Edited by mademoiselle