1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I know! I can't see anything for Love All Play too! I don't know why they block everything. :cry:

Hahaha do you love Chae Jong Hyeop that much to watch every BTS? I think because it's on Disney+. KBS blocked Affection BTS too since it's on Netflix, but it doesn't block the videos if you re-upload on your channel during airing. For Tomorrow, I couldn't be bothered re-uploading because I foresee YT will block it since they've blocked the first teaser I re-uploaded.

If I really wanted to watch the BTS I'll have to be resourceful and do either of the below:

Spoiler

1. Watch on Twitter or Weibo (and if I wait a bit the fan club will sub the BTS).

2. Use VPN to watch Naver TV

3. Get the video link and download

• Like 1
On 4/17/2022 at 9:25 AM, mademoiselle said:

There were so many scenes that trigger the tear ducts, down to Joong Gil's line showing us he was there, too, at the battlefield. It made it more meaningful given his background as a military officer himself when he was human. Joong Gil paying his respect by having all his teams sending Haraboji off was so impactful on an emotional level and I want to praise that the BGM took it up a notch.

On 4/18/2022 at 4:24 PM, stroppyse said:

I cried in episode 6 (The Soul is the Star) though. It was so sad that old soldier was so brave and was able to inspire the younger soldiers, and yet he went on to have such a sad life, all alone. This plot seems to be a reflection on how poorly veterans may be treated in SK (and elsewhere). The veterans sacrificed so much for their homeland, but their efforts are not recognized for long. The veteran was clearly suffering from PTSD, though in his day and age, that wasn't something that was commonly understood and definitely not treated.

Episode 6 was the best so far. I too cried, almost from the beginning to the end. In addition to the 2 points mentioned above, the scene that touched me most was this. Regret is a hard emotion to live with. (That's why before I buy a big ticket item, I think very long and hard lol - just joking.)

He was an honourable young man to volunteer in the war. You can beautify it and say he contributed to how successful the country is now. But in actual fact, he suffered for 50-60 years. From an individual point of view, it was not worth it. And that's why he said this. Despite knowing what his life became, I think he would still have chosen to volunteer. Thus, he wished to have been born in another age.

I've got to read up on the Korean War. It seemed to have so many countries involved and I wonder who was good and bad. Apparently there was a Chinese movie recently and had great reviews - any one watched it?

qA0hjTn.jpg

oDtYtwu.png

21 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate will know who this is 😁

Yes, Yoo Jin Woo's personal assistant in Memories of the Alhambra. He did great there. Cried buckets for him too.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@mademoiselle In the picture of him lying down, I realized how much of a giant Rowoon is. :Mimed:

The alternative for the "grim reaper" is worse than dying (feels like he is escaping his punishment), but in the moment, that was really hard decision to make. I would have hesitated the way Joon Woong did too. 

I'm glad to know more about Joong Gil's and Gu Ryeon's past in today's episode, but I will have to say that with this drama, I am definitely more engaged when all four grim reapers appear. Joong Gil was missing from yesterday's episode (appeared only in the epilogue) and in today's episode, he made 3 or 4 small appearances. There has to be a walking scene of Joong Gil in every episode, don't they know that? :laugh:

TMW-17.gif

The beginning of episode 7 reminds me of Dr. Romantic where it's an unspoken rule to never comment on how quiet it is. :lmao2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Episode 7-8

Episode 7 pales in comparison to the previous. But I think it delivers some very important message to the public, especially people who suffer/experience similar situation.

Spoiler

This is the second time Joon Woong has a one-on-on talk with Gu Ryeon, and then another with Ryung Gu. I really like these scenes where our main characters reflect on the incident and get to know each other better.

So Park Joong Gil doesn't remember his past but it seems Gu Ryeon does. And I guess soon we will see Joong Gil in dark circles like in webtoon. Not sure in the webtoon why he's got dark circles but maybe it is because he couldn't sleep as well although in webtoon there's no loveline with Gu Ryeon so the dark circles may not be related to drama's version. Anyway, it's rather strange how initially there was so much antagonism/disapproval towards Gu Ryeon in the beginning of the drama, and then the show gives us a scene 10 years ago that Park Joong Gil would tell Gu Ryeon something as personal as himself having nightmare and that's why he doesn't sleep. Very little crumbs of their backstory this week but I'm not complaining. Looking forward to more reveal next week.

The guest actor from MotA put in a good performance playing a psycho and the story seems to specially designed as another life lesson for Joon Woong and his character development. As Rowoon has never done a genre/theme like in this episode, it's refreshing to see this side of him I've not seen in his previous projects, and that he's doing fairly well in them too. I'm glad he's venturing outside of the realm of romance/rom-com/comedy. Tomorrow is a much better script/character for him than Affection.

Hahaha, next episode will be interesting coz the target to help is a dog! The pup is so cuteeee! Animal related theme is another archilles of mine. Let's see if it will break my tear ducts again. I'm guessing this case is focusing on the issues of abandoned pets and a story from their perspectives. COVID lockdown over here caused a surge in household adopting pets, but now that lockdown is over, there have been news about pets being abandoned.

3K8s2DB

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

The alternative for the "grim reaper" is worse than dying (feels like he is escaping his punishment), but in the moment, that was really hard decision to make. I would have hesitated the way Joon Woong did too.

Yeah. I think the moral of this is not to stoop to their level and allow ourselves to become them. Agree it's hard not wanting death or punishment or karma befall on someone evil. We're all humans with emotions after all.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Anyway, it's rather strange how initially there was so much antagonism/disapproval towards Gu Ryeon in the beginning of the drama, and then the show gives us a scene 10 years ago that Park Joong Gil would tell Gu Ryeon something as personal as himself having nightmare and that's why he doesn't sleep.

Joong Gil mentioned at one point that Gu Ryeon was one of his best team members. I think disclosing his sleeping deprivation issues might have been the result of the relationship they had when they were working together. 

19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha, next episode will be interesting coz the target to help is a dog! The pup is so cuteeee! Animal related theme is another archilles of mine. Let's see if it will break my tear ducts again. I'm guessing this case is focusing on the issues of abandoned pets and a story from their perspectives. COVID lockdown over here caused a surge in household adopting pets, but now that lockdown is over, there have been news about pets being abandoned.

I KNOWWW!! I am probably going to be a mess again since it'll air around the same time my dog is going in for surgery. :letalQQ:

We have a lot of COVID pets getting abandoned here too. The shelters are overflowing to the point where some animals have had to be euthanized to keep up with the incoming inventory. The rescue groups do not have space and our animal humane society are not open in full capacity yet (they closed down multiple sites during COVID). There's a waiting list of 2-3 months for people to surrender their pets. 

Kim Hee Sun's clothes are so colorful, I'm kind of loving it! It's definitely a nice contrast to all the dark colors everyone else is wearing.  

• Like 3

I didn't really appreciate this week's episodes as much, I guess. Episode 7 dealing with body shape, body dysmorphia, and societal pressures around it both real and perceived, are all valid concerns, but the way it was written, it felt a bit of a stretch as to why the Risk Mgmt Team was put on it, and the bit about how they had tech issues that meant that they had to try to figure out who the suicide candidate also felt strained so that the team could be put into the office as workers rather than able to do their usual grim reaper thing.

Episode 8 also felt a bit contrived. It felt mostly to show JW learning a lesson about how earthly punishment could be worse than the afterlife punishment, however, it didn't feel all that real. There are plenty of really awful people who are living just fine with their misdeeds. And, the death assist guy didn't seem to really be a suicide anyway since he says he feels better watching other people die. Anyway, watching it, this episode felt like a hot mess.

Actually, the only bits that I watched with actual interest were the flashes of GR and JG's back stories.

22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

So Park Joong Gil doesn't remember his past but it seems Gu Ryeon does. And I guess soon we will see Joong Gil in dark circles like in webtoon. Not sure in the webtoon why he's got dark circles but maybe it is because he couldn't sleep as well although in webtoon there's no loveline with Gu Ryeon so the dark circles may not be related to drama's version. Anyway, it's rather strange how initially there was so much antagonism/disapproval towards Gu Ryeon in the beginning of the drama, and then the show gives us a scene 10 years ago that Park Joong Gil would tell Gu Ryeon something as personal as himself having nightmare and that's why he doesn't sleep. Very little crumbs of their backstory this week but I'm not complaining. Looking forward to more reveal next week.

That talk was from 10 years prior so if the dark circles were from not sleeping, wouldn't JG already have them? Also, since they are in the afterlife, is sleep really necessary anyway or just an affectation?

I appreciated the crumbs they gave us about GR and JG's evolving relationship. What I got from it is that GR used to be on JG's team, where she was a valued member of his team and someone that he liked, even though she preferred to transport souls to hell. When the Jade Empress decided to make the Risk Management Team, however, JG was not in favor of it, and seemed to have taken offense that he was not even consulted about it despite being the senior team leader of the biggest department in the afterlife. Even worse, the Jade Empress put GR in charge. The piece I think we're missing is whether GR had done something to get kicked off JG's team prior to being put in charge of the RMT or whether GR had still been working underneath JG's team when she took the new position without even discussing it with JG.

Anyway, it's clear that JG disapproves of the RMT, but his disapproval of GR seems to have a more personal element to it.

It's an interesting conceit to make the afterlife a bit of a corporate affair with all the various petty politics that is part of the corporate culture.

• Like 2

Something interesting I've found.

The message of the drama deviated from the original webtoon. In the drama, Joon Woong had asked Gu Ryeon before whether Kang Woo Jin was sinned in his past life hence in this life he has had to suffer so much. And Gu Ryeon said it was irrelevant to past lifes and it was about choice. In the webtoon (below), past life does affect future lives. I can see why they've changed it since the drama's intention is to send positive message, not conclude it with a reason we've no way to confirm for sure. 

4. JunWoong's family background and the reason he hasn't been able to get employed

5 Differences Between The "Tomorrow" K-Drama And Webtoon

In the K-Drama, JunWoong is depicted as someone who is just down on his luck when it comes to finding employment for a number of reasons. His family is also depicted as a regular family that consists of his mother, younger sister, and their late father who was a reporter. We only find this out in the 3rd episode.

Whereas, in the 2nd episode of the webtoon (still in the hospital), we find out that his family is different. In the webtoon, he was born with a golden spoon in his mouth (from a well-off family) and his family consists of a hospital manager father, a mother who is a judge, a prosecutor oldest sister, and a medical student older sister.

He also finds out that he was born into that kind of family because he saved his country in his past (third) life. Additionally, he finds out that the reason why, despite his family background, he is unable to find employment now is that he was a disloyal subject in 2 of his past lives.

source: https://www.kpopmap.com/5-differences-between-the-tomorrow-kdrama-and-webtoon/

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

That talk was from 10 years prior so if the dark circles were from not sleeping, wouldn't JG already have them? Also, since they are in the afterlife, is sleep really necessary anyway or just an affectation?

Found a link that confirms in the original webtoon, Park Joong Gil is Choi Joong Gil. He has dark circles because he doesn't sleep. With this it's assumed in this webtoon version, Grim Reapers do need to rest. Every time Joon Woong them all bid farewell, getting off work, I do wonder where these Grim Reapers go to "rest"... there's this part of world building that is unclear in the drama.

As he's not a main character in the webtoon, there is very little involvement with Gu Ryeon's team. Therefore the talk from 10 years ago is likely limited to the drama version. As to the reason I said he'd have dark circles soon was because it was mentioned in the press con that in latter stage, Joong Gil will start to have dark circles like in the webtoon. I can only guess maybe he didn't have proper deep sleep but he does take rest, which was shown in E8. However, now that he saw Gu Ryeon in the dream, he might either be avoiding resting altogether or attempted to see the dream even more that the dark circles developed because he's exhausted mentally and physically.

• Insightful 2

Just started and done 1 ep. So far I like it. It has some good comedy and I like JW's character here. He's like the balance among his team. I think the company reminds me of Hotel Del Luna's building. The hall is quite familiar and the side big stairs too. So alike. The only difference maybe the bright white paint. 

So they are grim reapers who's not only dealing with taking lifes or whatsoever. They have different department and tasks, 🤔🤭 interesting. And they were offered with a great result after their contract is completed. Ryeon must have her own wish to be fulfilled too. Maybe losing her loved one. I saw a glinpse of her in white robe for funeral or something. Well, i'm interested to see their next adventure in the memory of the bullied writer. 

• Clapping Hands 2