Episode 4

So was the fried chicken good or not good (Joon Woong said he tried it and it was OK before. Or became bad after the time-travelling LOL)? If it is originally bad, the cooking certificate was a waste of time. LOL.

Since Jumadeung Fried Chicken shop was there waiting for the Grim Reapers to visit, I am more inclined to think it was pre-destined. When they were back from the past, it didn't seem like Jae Soo's memory had change so I guess his father somehow still die in the past...? The only exception is Joon Woong changing his own past a little, allowing himself to see his father off (who never returned after he left) and leave a last family photo for his family.

Interesting that only a year ago Gu Ryeon was working under Park Joong Gil. I had thought their "engagement" would have gone back way further. It also seems odd that few episode back he said he now recognise Gu Ryeon as the Grim Reaper who tried to save the guy suiciding, whereas when they re-show the scene again, he knew she'll be the one going to the Crisis Management Team. The editing for this drama isn't the best, I feel.

• Like 3

@mademoiselle I thought of the fried chicken the way @stroppyse did -- it was as if it was preordained to happen that way. I laughed when Rowoon found a way to continue his heart signs with his costar, even if it was forced. :laugh:

I think I'm also waiting for more back stories of our grim reapers. They are all very interesting characters and I wished there was more. :jiminbtssigh:

• Haha 3
15 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I thought of the fried chicken the way @stroppyse did -- it was as if it was preordained to happen that way. I laughed when Rowoon found a way to continue his heart signs with his costar, even if it was forced. :laugh:

I think I'm also waiting for more back stories of our grim reapers. They are all very interesting characters and I wished there was more. :jiminbtssigh:

Hahahahaha so true and if you look closely (caught on gif) KHS has actually NG when she looked down (she smiled) 🤣. I'll share it when I'm home. At first I thought it was from BTS. Hahaha!

8998c43968dc91617a16d5c7c1fdf0861d7356b7

297e726c3cf642158631ae9364659ed04346e58f

So in the end, Rowoon still manage to make heart with all his female co-star :lmao2:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahahaha so true and if you look closely (caught on gif) KHS has actually NG when she looked down (she smiled)

Hahahahaha!! :lmao2:

Rowoon still is successful regardless. 👏👏

19 minutes ago, JenL said:

More importantly...how did you get to 8 pages on this thread???

The amount of promos MBC released for this drama is insane. I think there were 2-3 things everyday leading up to when it aired. I'm surprised @mademoiselle kept up because at one point, I couldn't anymore. :BulbaConfused:

• Haha 3

LOL, I'm BFF with Park Joong Gil 😅

12 hours ago, Tofu said:

The amount of promos MBC released for this drama is insane. I think there were 2-3 things everyday leading up to when it aired. I'm surprised @mademoiselle kept up because at one point, I couldn't anymore. 

It would have been more if MBC hadn't blocked the BTS. On average they release two BTS after airing one episode the same night.

• Haha 2

We have more insights into Gu Ryeon's backstory in episode 5! By the looks of it, the show will dangle a little carrot in front of us and only give us breadcrumbs bit by bit. But the information revealed this time is considered huge. I've found a news article confirming child actor Park Sang Hoon is playing young Park Joong Gil so it's pretty much confirmed these two were married couple but something went south. We've also clued into Joong Gil enlisted as military officer, and perhaps Gu Ryeon thought he was dead and decided to end her life. There's some flashbacks of adulthood Gu Ryeon being attacked by people, but no sight of adult Joong Gil. Maybe in the end Joong Gil didn't die and came back, but Gu Ryeon had taken her life, and that's why Joong Gil detested humans who chose suicide.

I know I'm one of the ones wanting them to be connected, but now that I have it, I thought the mystery was solved too easily 😅. Hahaha! Other than that we've also got glimpse of Gu Ryeon recruiting Ryung Gu in Joseon period and she was also blocked by Joong Gil.

FQarDqKVgAIaeW2?format=jpg&name=4096x4096  FQarDq2VsAEDE0t?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

There's even backstory to Gu Ryeon's choice of eye shadow. This boy plays Kim Min Jae in Brahms. He and child actor Koo Woo Rim who plays Rowoon in Affection look so alike that I thought Koo Woo Rim has grown again.

This episode is quite sad. Cost me a few bucket of tears and kudos to the guest actors. There were some lines that were meaningful and through their sad story, we learnt that the tree couple will meet again in the next life because they were bound by red thread of fate, whereas Gu Ryeon broke her red thread when she chose suicide. The conversation between Joon Woong and Gu Ryeon was deep, somber and also poignant. I quite like this scene.

In order to save Kang Woo Jin, Gu Ryeon signs a contract with Joong Gil. This will be interesting to see how it plays out given we now know their history.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The conversation between Joon Woong and Gu Ryeon was deep, somber and also poignant. I quite like this scene.

Same, I liked this scene too. The other scene I enjoyed watching was the one between PJG and the Jade Emperor. She basically told him that he went overboard and he didn't need to do all that. 

The little flashback of their history was nice to see. PJG's resentment is probably tied to GR's suicide. I wonder if both of them remember their past and if they have ever openly talked about it with each other? 

9 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Next episode his lips look like sausage

TMW-14.gif

But he looks so sad....:letalQQ:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Same, I liked this scene too. The other scene I enjoyed watching was the one between PJG and the Jade Emperor. She basically told him that he went overboard and he didn't need to do all that.

Yes that scene was another good scene with good dialogues because I also agree it takes a lot of courage to end one's life. The person who did it must be in so much pain or depression to choose this extreme path.

Spoiler

Last year we were all very shocked to find out a colleague's wife took her newborn baby in a pram towards the train. The baby died on the spot and she was hospitalised. It was just few days ago that he brought them in to show us. I didn't know them very well but even with this news, we were all shocked to tears. We don't know what really happened to this day. The news only reported the incident but doesn't follow it up and none of us would dare to ask him anything about this.

We had someone come in supposedly to tell us what we should do/behave when he returns to work, but that person asked how we feel (give us lecture on the stages of grief), made us talk about it (and cried) rather than tell us what we should do or the right thing to do/say to this colleague.

• Sad 1