Let Me Be Your Knight 너의 밤이 되어줄게 [2021-22]

stroppyse

What? They are already airing only one eps a week and they want to postpone it to the new year? Urrghhh

Hmm looks like they aren't doing couple pictorials or even a group one?

Jung In Sun for Arena ( Jan 2022)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

9 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Will they air it tonight?

Yes. IQIYI releases around 10pm or so  (KST)  for me ( usually)

---------------------------

Tae In is releasing a solo on 3rd Jan ( 12 noon) ..is this a love song for YJ?

202112310729152410_1.jpg

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 12/30/2021 at 8:48 AM, Tofu said:

I can't even give you a reaction to your post because I don't like it. 🙅‍♀️🙅‍♀️

She is Nina , supposedly Tae In's agency mate and a singer songwriter. 
Can the drama please focus on solving YJ's identity, that is way more pressing than a love triangle.

• Like 3

Wow, TI, with his buddy NIna's help, finally realizes his feelings for YJ and serenades her before confessing to her! Yay! Plus, both TI and YJ being jealous.

Though in the preview for the next episode, it seems that YJ turns TI down saying that he's not her style. I'm not super happy about this, though I do get why YJ turns TI down. After all, she's lying to him and everyone else in the band about who she really is, so how can she start a relationship with him. Also, I've always felt that YJ was in more denial about her attraction to TI than even TI was about liking her. The jealousy in this episode is something, but I think that YJ still needs to become aware of how she feels. Also, YJ needs to come clean about her true identity in order to move anything forward.

Btw, I'm not super happy about YJ turning TI down like that because TI who has no experience with relationships is going to be very hurt. I think the next episode will play it like a comedy with TI asking for dating advice and a style makeover, but at the end of the day, he's still going to be hurt.

Still, I'm glad we got our 1 episode this week, though it also makes me realize that we don't have many episodes left. So, I hope that YJ's identity thing will be cleared up soon.

Also, poor Yoo Chan. It looks as if his mother is trying to sell him to a higher bidder. She is the worst kind of mother.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm not super happy about this, though I do get why YJ turns TI down.

I have a mix feeling too about this. But I super love how TI just say he can't do mildang (play hard to get 😅) in next episode. And seems he will make a lot of funny attempts to try to win her heart. He looks like an anxious puppy whenever YJ around. 

The song & the serenade is super sweet, these days not many confession in K drama moving me, but this one really lovely. 

Because it's only 12 episodes, tbh I don't really have interest with other bandmate story. I hope they can focus more on the OTP 🥺 Not sure how they can cram all together into 4 left episodes and give us satisfying ending.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

19 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Because it's only 12 episodes, tbh I don't really have interest with other bandmate story. I hope they can focus more on the OTP 🥺 Not sure how they can cram all together into 4 left episodes and give us satisfying ending.

Actually, it's in longer dramas when they spend so much time on the other stories that I get impatient. Because this drama has a low episode count, I figure that any of the side stories will be taken care of efficiently rather than dragged out.

Though Lee Shin's arc may prove me wrong since the nasty girl is still sticking to him and doing her best to damage him since she can't have him.

21 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The song & the serenade is super sweet, these days not many confession in K drama moving me, but this one really lovely. 

Definitely very sweet!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
18 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The jealousy in this episode is something, but I think that YJ still needs to become aware of how she feels. Also, YJ needs to come clean about her true identity in order to move anything forward.

True. She was affected by the attention that Nina gave Tae In and how chummy they were.

We don't have many episodes left and her real identity issue is gonna be like throwing a spanner in the works isn't it? It is a pretty big deception, how will Tae In be able to accept this? Separation angst will take at least an episode ...

What I like was that TaeIn acted pretty quickly on his feelings - that was the best part about the episode for me. 

• Like 4

I have rewatched the episode twice today, I just love, love it so much!

TI's friend become a sweet cupid this episode, I am so glad that she isnt that random childhood frineds who come to sway the OTP relatinship. 

He confessed through his song, aww how sweet he is! I think he learns to be a nicer guy that SJ likes now. He even eats that lamb he dislikes just because she served it for him. 

That cheerful member, Ga-on roomate, forgot his name, I hope he didnt agree to what his mom asked him. That CEO is a toxic guy who only thinks of money. Moon CEO is more humble. 

The preview seems worrying, I don't expect SJ to get caught sooner. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

What I like was that TaeIn acted pretty quickly on his feelings - that was the best part about the episode for me. 

Yes, it's great that TI takes decisive action once he becomes aware of himself! It makes his character even more likeable. It's also rather endearing that he's exposing his vulnerabilities and that even his cold, aloofness comes from thinking he has to be strong and in control all the time. Though with a father like his, TI probably has learned to be aloof and in control in order to counter the criticisms which started with his own father, not to mention the ever-existent anti-fans.

4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

That cheerful member, Ga-on roomate, forgot his name, I hope he didnt agree to what his mom asked him. That CEO is a toxic guy who only thinks of money. Moon CEO is more humble. 

Yes, Yoo Chan is the one who had to have a meal with his mom and that toxic CEO. I don't think YC is going to go along with it, and this may be the straw that allows YC to set boundaries on his mother's whims? Anyway, I hope so.

• Like 4

How can anyone not fall in love with Yoon Tae In. Loved episode 9. Two scenes in particular with TI and YJ that had me in tears and in stitches.

The first was when TI is trying hard to make himself over to please YJ. First of all, it shows that TI looks good in any outfit! And, then this is the dialogue to the scene when YJ finally realizes that TI has been trying to make himself over.

YJ: So, everything that you’ve been doing recently was for…?
TI: Yes. I’ve been trying really hard to become the style of guy that you like. (almost to himself) Even though I like you just the way you are.
TI: Why do you not like me?
YJ: Well, that is…
TI: Please tell me the reason that you don’t like me. Right now.
TI: I’m not playing around. I’m being serious.
YJ: That is… Anyway, how can you suddenly just demand someone tell you everything that they don’t like about you?
TI: Fine. Then by tomorrow, please write 10 reasons down on paper and give it to me.
YJ: On paper?
TI: Until then I can’t believe that you don’t like me. Was I just crushing on you by myself? I definitely felt a connection between us.

I went from laughing at TI's makeover attempts to having my heart bleed a bit for bewildered TI who is trying so hard to please someone, for the first time in a long time, and his bewilderment that she doesn't just like him the way he is even though he likes her as she is.

The second scene is YJ's birthday scene. Rather than withdrawing and being aloof to nurse hurt feelings over being rejected by YJ, he was planning a surprise birthday event for her. At first I thought the heart bling was rather too blingy until I realized that it was a USB key and he had recorded himself singing the ballad that he had written for her to give to her.

Given the final scene, I hope that YJ finally decided to tell TI the truth. Since she likes him, too, she does owe it to him to tell him and give him the choice to participate in what happens to them rather than just shutting him out completely.

Also, Shin's relationship is out. I guess that evil kpop chick who wanted Shin decided to burn him if she couldn't have him. I don't understand people like her except to think that she probably did not really love Shin anyway. If so, even if she's in pain, she would want him to be happy.

Which brings me to WJ. My heart broke for him this episode as he finds out both YJ's true identity as well as that she likes TI. He so wanted a chance with her, but it wasn't to be. Still, he kept on protecting YJ.

I felt that the CEO could give more consideration to Yoo Chan who has been a good member of the band so far, even though everyone is clearly second fiddle to TI. This has been a maturing process for YC, and it's good for him to realize what he wants versus what his mother wants for him.

I really like the little bantering scenes between the guys when they're in their house together. Even if they keep their personal lives separate from each other, it's the interaction moments that make them really seem like members of a band that's been together for awhile.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2