Let Me Be Your Knight 너의 밤이 되어줄게 [2021-22]

stroppyse

I love the episode  too @stroppyse @Tofu with plenty of key developments for the leads , the 2nd romance as well as Yoo Chan’s acting ambitions. 

I appreciate that Tae In is not one to waste time , gets straight to the point about stuff . He would have gotten a positive response if it wasn’t for her identity problem. 

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

felt that the CEO could give more consideration to Yoo Chan who has been a good member of the band so far, even though everyone is clearly second fiddle to TI. This has been a maturing process for YC, and it's good for him to realize what he wants versus what his mother wants for him.

I was annoyed too for WC . It is clear that WC was excited about the acting gig., It does feel like there’s favoritism even though I understand that Tae In is the creative heart of the group . 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@stroppyse @abs-oluteM I loved the positive spins TI put on everything and it actually had me laughing so much. He was all, "ain't no valley low enough, ain't no river wide enough, to keep me from getting to you, baby":laugh:

I hope YJ tells him and let him choose what he wants to do and I also hope TI is able to look past this. Despite the lie, YJ was genuinely helping him.

I did not like that the CEO didn't even consider the acting gig for YC too. I felt so bad for him because it seemed like he really liked the script. Considering that they are on a break, it's not like he would be taking time away from Luna if he acted.

You know, I was a bit surprised by the reaction from YC when he found out about LS's relationship. I expected him to be upset that the relationship can be damaging to Luna, but the comments about the PD being a divorcee and older took me by surprise. I did not see that coming and was a bit shocked. I really didn't get the vibe that he would be narrowminded like that. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

You know, I was a bit surprised by the reaction from YC when he found out about LS's relationship. I expected him to be upset that the relationship can be damaging to Luna, but the comments about the PD being a divorcee and older took me by surprise. I did not see that coming and was a bit shocked. I really didn't get the vibe that he would be narrowminded like that. 

Is that whole ex divorcee thing such a big stigma in SK? @stroppyse. I was surprised too. 

But I hope Shin sticks to his guns and goes public because I think that's a good message for fans.

What happened to @SilverMoonTea? Have you watch yet ? Or changed oppa? 

@Alice Wonderland I know is busy with Choi Woo Shik :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@Tofuis right, I haven't really moved on from JY @abs-oluteM😅, but I'm really super tired this week. 

YJ running is super fast :lol:

Oh god TI in love is so honest, cute and kind of desperate lols. 

Mi for driving mi crazy :laugh: 

My only problem each episode always not enough of TI & YJ, sigh... And looks like next episode have a lot of Shin 😔

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

21 hours ago, Tofu said:

I don't think this is a fair assessment of YC. It is still a super big deal in SK to be a divorcee and in a relationship with a man who has never been married before. It's becoming less of a big deal for the woman to be older than the man, but we're usually talking 1-2 years, whereas the PD seems significantly older than Shin.

It's really when people are much older and there is less of a chance of making an appropriate match that less desirable matches are considered and accepted. For someone who is young as Shin is and with all of his blessings, including his money, it would be extremely unusual for him to have a partner who is an older divorcee.

For YC who has been hugely influenced by his mother and doesn't seem to have had that much bandwidth to think much for himself, he would have followed society's norms. It's only after he's thought about it, that he may come to other conclusions since he does not seem to be particularly narrow-minded. It's just something that he had not previously thought about.

Shin may stick to his guns and go public, but honestly, in RL, he would be committing career suicide for a long time. He definitely would not be in kpop for much longer than the reveal since knetz can be cruel like that. Since he didn't actually commit a crime, he'll probably be able to make a comeback, but it would take him years to be accepted as a singer again. However, since this is a drama, Shin should be able to weather the storm with his Luna bandmates backing him up.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

My initial thoughts after watching episode 10: Not enough TI and YJ, I'm a bit disappointed that YJ did not tell TI that day, and with the preview, I don't know how to process TI's reaction to YJ's secret -- ultimate betrayal, no? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

My initial thoughts after watching episode 10: Not enough TI and YJ, I'm a bit disappointed that YJ did not tell TI that day, and with the preview, I don't know how to process TI's reaction to YJ's secret -- ultimate betrayal, no? 

Yup. I was a bit annoyed that Tae In found out about Yoon Ju's deception in the worst way possible. I felt she had several opportunities to tell him but somehow she didn't. I suppose she had the burden of the loan on her mind plus I do think she didn't want to disappoint him considering that she likes him too. Realistically , I don't know how Tae In will be able to forgive her now. It is as if she had intended not to tell him at all.

I didn't quite mind the story on Shin and Ji Yeon even though I am not as invested in their romance. I felt sorry for  them, but I guess JiYeon knew the repercussions of them going public and made the tough choice of ending it. She knew it would be a lot more complex than just standing their ground - she was particularly concerned about the impact on Shin.  Her fears were realistic. But I did wish she'd have more faith in him being an adult and weathering this together. Nevertheless , I do like her - find her matured and level headed. Glad she terminated her contract with that CEO Jang. ( Urrgh ..can Yoo Chan not sign with him, that man is just awful).

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM She doesn't strike me as someone to hesitate that much, but I guess this is a big burden on her. Couple with the fact that everyone around them think she is undeserving of him.

Thinking back to the preview, I am going to assume that what was shown was TI's initial reaction to finding out that YJ lied about her identity. Once he finds out the true reason why she did that, he'll come around. I have this weird feeling that WJ might be the one to help reason with TI. :cry:

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But I did wish she'd have more faith in him being an adult and weathering this together. Nevertheless , I do like her - find her matured and level headed.

Same. I wished it didn't have to turn out that way, but I understand. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu I wished that they had dealt with YJ's identity thing earlier. Given what we have seen , it really feels like the couple will only be together in the finale. And actually dating idols are so complicated. So we won't know if Tae In and YJ can date happily or not.

Subbed film making

• Like 3

Eps 11

I have a small rant about eps 11 and overall about the pacing of this show where the main romance is concerned. When I started off , I really liked the pairing and I was excited with the development.  Unfortunately, as the drama heads towards the finish line, I find myself rather annoyed at how late it took for the plot to reveal Yoon Ju's real identity to the band. And that I think has led me to feel unexcited about whether they would even end up together. When I see their flashbacks, her caring moments for him can just be interpreted as that of a caring doctor - while I could clearly see his feelings develop, hers felt a lot less organic.

Now even if I overlook how poorly developed the romance is towards the 2nd half,  I am still appalled at the fact that they want to throw in an obsessed employee angle.

Spoiler

Seriously between the issues with the band and all the romances, is there even enough time for something like this? 

They also finally addressed the real issue with the band members - they should have done this an episode ago. The crux of the problem with the band is that  TaeIn, the creative genius of the group often overshadows the rest. His needs are prioritised over theirs. And as a leader he was too absorbed with his own problems and really didn't show leadership at times. WY was right in calling him selfish as he often dismissed their feelings. So it isn't surprising that it has all come down to the group almost breaking up when tempers flared. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@abs-oluteM I've been feeling less excited for these remaining episodes too. The start of this drama was really good, but towards the end, they kept dragging on the main issue including the members' individual issues too. I think a lot of the members' issues should have been resolved within the next episode or two after that focus on Ga On's issue.

17 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

When I see their flashbacks, her caring moments for him can just be interpreted as that of a caring doctor - while I could clearly see his feelings develop, hers felt a lot less organic.

Yeah, I can understand why you feel this way. It's very apparent when and how Tae In developed his feelings. We didn't get to see much of when Yoon Ju developed her feelings. She's a caring person which usually make it hard to tell if someone is being nice or if they do like the other person too. 

33 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am still appalled at the fact that they want to throw in an obsessed employee angle.

:jiminbtssigh::jiminbtssigh:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

First off, I want to mention how much Woo Ga On as played by Kim Dong Hyun has grown on me. There is something about his earnest puppyishness that really worked in the role.

Next, I thought the "Misery" development was an interesting way to draw the OTP and the band back together. There are other ways that could have happened, but given the depth of TI's feelings of betrayal, it was a bit of a short cut to them confessing their feelings to each other and keeping it rather comic. Not to mention shortening the length of time to bring the band back and working as a team to save their own.

I agree with @abs-oluteMthat the OTP romance has not been played out that well, mostly because YJ's feelings for TI seemed a rather abrupt development. It's definitely a bit of a makjang ending to an otherwise charming and character-driven drama.

Anyway, I was entertained by this drama at a time when I couldn't find anything else I wanted to watch. Perhaps I'm burnt out on kdramas or something. So, it's been fun!

• Clapping Hands 2

Hmmmm annoyed. I am not sure I was fully satisfied ...the ending was like one of those smile at each other open endings...why did she need to go to the US with her sis etc and not even give their romance a start after her confession and all they have been through? Can dramas stop all this "find yourself sort of thing" and just stick to the romance especially when the genre is such?  If they had 16 episodes or paced themselves better , I can accept some time apart. They practically crammed all the key developments into the last half hour. I was so pissed off they spent half hour of the finale with the whole stalker fan scenario , so that YJ's affections can be proven. Then for them to separate until the last few minutes. 

Am seriously rolling my eyes :zzzz:

Not even one decent kiss ...Imitation and PDDH had way more satisfying endings. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

30 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Am seriously rolling my eyes 

:lmao2:

I don't disagree with you. In so many ways, the OTP romance started off lop-sided and remained so. It was also easier to see TI falling for YJ than the other way around. I blame that on the writing. Probably.

And the pacing was a bit hit and miss.

I just appreciated the time apart as a chance for TI to re-focus on Luna without having to juggle the romance with YJ.

And after thinking about it, I didn't mind the separation this time because it wasn't pure coincidence that brings them back to meet again.

In some ways, I think that both Y and TI did need some time apart to process their feelings and think through what they had been through. YJ needed some time to herself to figure out her life since a lot of things had happened to her, including getting scammed, having her life threatened by loan sharks, being rejected then reunited with her sister, falling in love. Going with her sister to America so that they can continue to build their relationship was important as well, plus giving her the space to think of herself only.

In the end, it's clear that YJ still likes TI a lot, though she probably isn't confident enough to think that they could have a relationship after she returns. She leaves without asking him to wait for her because who knows what the future may hold, and she didn't want either Ti or herself to dwell on that versus really giving them a chance to go forward, albeit separately.

TI for his part reconnects with his bandmates, puts together a new album and new concert with them, but is also thinking about YJ, going so far as to buy her childhood home, knowing that she had wanted to live there.

So, when YJ goes to see the new landlord who turns out to be TI, it's not coincidence. Rather, it's planning on TI's part who is certain that he wants to be with YJ.

It's too bad about not seeing a good kiss when they reunite, but I'm satisfied that they will be together going forward, and having to deal with all the issues of dating, not to mention dating a celebrity.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1