Dr. Romantic 3 낭만닥터 김사부 3 [2023]

@mademoiselle @Tofu I was a little frustrated when ET didn’t immediately pick up AR’s call during the evacuation. I really hate it when people do things like this especially when we know that person is worried. Their arc was the weirdest this season. I think this writer doesn’t do well with the romances. . I have to confess I have personally not felt 100% invested in any of the lovelines in S3. For me this drama’s strength is in the relationship between Kim Sabu and his charges. 

Overall I was satisfied with the ending . It did a good wrap up - there were some resolutions to the differences in approach between the main doctors . I will be happy to watch a 4th season. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 6/18/2023 at 4:57 PM, mademoiselle said:

Based on Kim Sabu and Nurse Oh's conversation, Kim Sabu is cooking up something else other than the Trauma Centre and when they were searching for him, the camera zoomed into a thick folder named "Rough Rock Project". Last time it was called Oddball project so I assumed this is something new Kim Sabu is working on. How on earth does he even have time to do all this?

Good catch!

I really wanted to give Eun Tak a kick when he said absolutely nothing after how worried Ah Reum is. I know he needs to keep moving, but at least spew some words before leaving! The make up kiss was good except the whole time I was imagining @Chocolate giving this look 🙄(and FF). 😆😆😆

You know me so well hahaha. But when he ran off to look for Kim Sabu, I was smh. Just pull her along lah and search together. Like WJ and EC. She just wants to be with you and know you are safe. He just left her there and ran off - isn't he worried for her too? 🙄

@Chocolate That fried chicken PPL looks good! 🤤. I thought of you because we discussed about Korean's fried chicken before.

Yeah that chicken looked good. Was there a brand? I do crave for the BHC in Singapore, but wondering if they've got over the start-up issues.

On the whole, I enjoy this series very much. I think Han Suk Kyu is the key here - who else could be Kim Sabu except him.

I wish they had given Director Park a larger role this season. I wondered why he was not the one to head the trauma centre since it was also his dream to set up the TC. But I suppose as President of Doldam, both the hospital and the TC comes under him. I would have liked to see him show his surgical prowess too since in S2, he mainly made mistakes despite having a good reputation. So Nurse Oh's acknowledgement at the end was good to see.

Given all the fuss that the doctors at TC should not be helping out at the ER, how does it work for Kim Sabu and Director Park? They are the 2 most senior doctors and it seems such a waste that they are handling the more minor cases in the ER, instead of leading the medical team for the trauma cases. For Director Park, is his time mostly spent in admin? I guess for Kim Sabu, this is succession planning since he has medical issues.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
19 hours ago, Tofu said:

It would be great if we can get both S1 and S2 doctors, but all have become big stars that I don't think this will happen. It also seems like S2 actors stay in contact post-production more than S1 actors. I wonder if that's because S2 actors are closer in age or have known each other previously?

It wouldn't be easy even for the S2 casts. Apparently, S3 was possible because Lee Sung Kyung took the initiative to gather everyone. Meanwhile Kim Min Jae rejected many ML offers although he was told not to, it won't be good for him but he insisted of accepting. I definitely think they are younger, but then HosPlay casts built a bond too, so maybe fingers crossed miracles can happen.

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Their arc was the weirdest this season.

Yeah I think so too. It's so forced and weird because they are supposed to be a couple who has dated 3 years. They should already be more open with one another and comfortable etc.

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Yeah that chicken looked good. Was there a brand?

Yes, there was a brand. The camera focus on it coz it's PPL except it's all in Korean so I don't know what it says.

I wish they had given Director Park a larger role this season. I wondered why he was not the one to head the trauma centre since it was also his dream to set up the TC. But I suppose as President of Doldam, both the hospital and the TC comes under him. I would have liked to see him show his surgical prowess too since in S2, he mainly made mistakes despite having a good reputation. So Nurse Oh's acknowledgement at the end was good to see.

Tell me about it. Instead, Yang Ho Jun seems to have meatier screen time than him. Nurse Oh's acknowledgement is second to Kim Sabu, I feel.

Given all the fuss that the doctors at TC should not be helping out at the ER, how does it work for Kim Sabu and Director Park? They are the 2 most senior doctors and it seems such a waste that they are handling the more minor cases in the ER, instead of leading the medical team for the trauma cases. For Director Park, is his time mostly spent in admin? I guess for Kim Sabu, this is succession planning since he has medical issues.

I think their expertise will still be required by the TC, especially Kim Sabu, as he is the only Neurosurgeon. It's perfect time for the two newbies to shine. That's how Kang Dong Joo and Do In Beom gain their experience too, especially In Beom. He did most of them through simulation.

By memory Director Park was already in a more senior / admin role in Geodae Hospital. He has step behind the scene and would only perform limited (or big) surgery. He wanted to move up the ladder more than being hands on which is why he went to Doldam, isn't it? So I'd think that's where his goal is. Meanwhile, Kim Sabu prefers to be hands on so he's totally fine with Park Min Guk doing all the admins and political stuff. LOL.

I really don't want SBS milk this drama to the stage that I've to watch Kim Sabu's condition worsen. I'd very upset. Let's just leave it as he's still healthy and leading the teams.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone must already completed the series while here I'm enjoying the party late all by myself. Well that's fine. Since I decided to save it for later so now it's the time to finish it now. 

Now I'm done until ep 12, so Kang Dong Ju returned from Yulje Medical Centre to Ddoldam Hospital. So there he was all this time. 😄

I really like how KSB always thinks two steps ahead to every decision he made. So that every ways he took always based on the sense of duty of a doctor solely. That is admirably respectful. 👍 And I love how everyone learned their lessons here. From ep Jang Do Ha to the recent failure of reckless director park min gyu. And Kim Sabu never stand still without coming back with a counter solution to the current crisis. That is the main reason I like watching this series. 

I think if they continue with new season every year wont be a bad idea, lols. I just like to see those medical scenes done here, how they save or revive the dying hopeless patient is really good to watch. One of my childhood dream lists is becoming a doctor. You know kids in my age loves to include doctor or pilot as our goals. But sadly, I failed. So watching this is kind of solace for me. 😅

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Amazing gravity! I think this drama really knows how to tug at your hearstrings. The endless excitement of this season had me on the edge of my seat. And all casts are doing their best for delivering the characters. Also, just like Kim Sabu said the romance shouldn't stop here, next year I wish they could come back with 4th season with all ddoldam team together.

The finale hinting a lot of potential stories to tell us, I want more! And I love the exchange gifts for both SWJ and CEJ, their romance is just so sweet! I love to see their wedding in the next season too,  And this is the only drama of AHS I diidnt ffd when they're a couple, so I approve them! 😄 I am glad that they don't forget to show us that In Su sunbae listened to the suggestion he got before. YSJ gets back to ddoldam! Isn't great to have a kind of family drama like this, I mean no need to be fifty or even hundreds episodes, one season per year would be so great to watch. 

And... I couldn't write all things here, but I am so glad with the ending! 낭만닥터 김사부 Was a great solace for me. 

The perfect team of ddoldam, please writer make it happen! Give me season 4!

• Like 3
  • 5 months later...

@mademoiselle Bahaha …I know the shippers will be rejoicing. ( But I ship her more with KYK 🤣🤣) . You know AHS is one lucky man - he’s paired up with so many pretty actresses that I like in the last few years . 

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

So do you think something is up with these two???

Which 2? 😂 But I think nothing with both. But I don't follow them, just based on snippets I see here and there so may not be accuate! LOL.

LSK - if there was anything, they won't be so obvious about it. Since they are being their natural self, means they have nothing to hide. So likely just friends/colleagues. (Unlike the KTL couple - the award snips show them not so natural....)

KSJ - If AHS had a girlfriend, he won't be taking off his jacket for any other woman! Especially if the GF is at the same event! So likely nothing there too or he is real insenstive haha.

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)

@SilverMoonTea 👆🏻

9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

So likely just friends/colleagues. (Unlike the KTL couple - the award snips show them not so natural....)

Hmm, maybe actors who chose projects like DotS, CLOY, KTL are actual real life couples. If KTL confirms later, I think Tea, we can assume even if we don't feel their chemie, it's their signal to fans that they are real  (a tactic to ensure to ease fans into giving them blessings). :laugh: But @Chocolate LJH and Y still young though, not the same age range as DotS and CLOY couples, wanting to start family liao...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1