Dr. Romantic 3 낭만닥터 김사부 3 [2023]

@mademoiselle I can feel the male testosterones coming into play . :laugh: Woo Jin vs KDJ . Why does our WJ looks little bit jealous. So is YYS gonna stay on till the end ? 

I managed to catch eps 11 on the plane since I downloaded it on my Disney app.  I am not too hot about how they are going about with the funding . My dearest Dir Park & Dr Ung …,why why …I don’t want these dirty tricks. It’s unethical regardless. 😌

And I feel bad for EJ . You can’t choose your family , I don’t like her parents but at the end of the day they are her parents. Of course she will feel conflicted & hurt with all the gossip . I agree with WJ that getting married under these circumstances just to solve their problems is not how marriages should start off. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 12

Glad that Eun Jae stood up to her mother. It's about time she breaks away from the power her mother has over her. Parents think they know best and keep hurting their children. Now that Eun Jae is independent, it's good to see her voicing her feelings and not surpressing it and be upset and hurt.

I particularly liked the scene of Woo Jin and Cha Jin Man too. There were some really nice social commentary there from both on the generation gaps for I also see/experience this at work now.

I think Dr. Ung was let go a bit too easily even though he already knows he's at fault. Kim Sabu just have the knack for making the kids come clean with it. Still, I think officially he should still be punished - at least a slight deduction to his salary or something like that.

As for Director Park, a bit of a disappointment this episode. Though I'm glad he gets to see the true face of Assemblywoman immediately. That woman, honestly, drive me up the wall right now. I thought we could be free of politics this season, but looks like we can't completely be free of it. At least I take comfort in knowing we only have four more episodes left so the politics shouldn't be the main focus.

Ok, have to admit even though I didn't like Dong Joo in S1, I can't help but feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside for his cameo at the end. The nostalgia.

To be honest, I actually think Kim Sabu is a person who actually knows how to play politics, but just too lazy to do it himself. Since the trauma centre is his dream, I'm sure to make it happen he has been well-prepared and thought about all the possibilities and hindrance he'll face. I'm now even thinking, (if I'm a smart writer), could the first three mentees who went away from Doldam Hospital were something that was planned and in preparation of the Odd Ball Project/Trauma Centre?

Do In Beom went back to the main hospital and came back as some sort of "committee member" that can decide Doldam's fate in S2. Dong Joo and Seo Jung went to extend their skills. I'm sure they also extend some more "social network" too. Together they can definitely network with some strong influencial parties overseas and in South Korea. Obviously this is me brain speculating and wishful thinking... no basis at all. :idk:

@Tofu Don't tell me one cameo from S1 per season? Then S4 is Yoon Seo Jung and only in S5 we get a full casts? :laugh: Everyone will be TOO OLD by then!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

It’s S1 golden boy meet S2 golden boy 😂 I’m even watching S1 again to refresh my memory and I think I’ve changed my mind about YYS. In ep 1, he grabbed the FL and kissed her! And that was not a peck, it was a firm one 😜! Watching it now after I have seen other works of these actors also makes a difference.

Was it you @mademoiselle who predicted KDJ would come back to head the trauma centre? Good one!

I was surprised Cha JM left so early. This role seemed to be one of his better ones - he was more humane - even if we didn’t agree with his actions or principles, we could understand it.

The second half of this drama is so much better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha, I don't remember these scenes in Coffee Friends at all!

I remember the Shark song scene, but not the others for some reason. I can't believe I watched this show. I remembered I stayed up late watching it, but I have no idea how I got interested in the first place.

To be honest, I skipped the episode on Saturday. I just watched the ending scene with KDJ. From people's comments, it doesn't seem like I need to watch the full episode to know what happened. :idk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Chocolate Hahaha how can you forget that forced kiss! It's totally right up your alley / your cuppa! xD That was a hot kiss, I must admit, but after that I never really got on board of their romance except one scene I enjoyed where he found out Seo Jung and Do In Beom live in the same boarding house.

16 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Was it you @mademoiselle who predicted KDJ would come back to head the trauma centre? Good one!

Nah. Not me. It was the Netizen where the moment Kim Sabu told Cha Jin Man, he's plan B and they think KDJ is plan A. To be honest, I never thought with his hot-headedness, he would be fitting as the leader of Trauma centre. LOL.

17 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I was surprised Cha JM left so early. This role seemed to be one of his better ones - he was more humane - even if we didn’t agree with his actions or principles, we could understand it.

Yeah me too. Didn't think he'd leave so early. That said, I didn't mind his character at all — much better than Director Do where all he wanted was to oust Kim Sabu and wasn't really fighting for the doctors or any cause. I've to say he's so disappointing as a father to Do In Beom. I'd be so embarrassed to be his son/daughter.

17 hours ago, Chocolate said:

The second half of this drama is so much better.

Wait. Do you mean first half is better? Coz I didn't like the pace of episode 11. Episode 12 was alright. I hope the last 4 becomes interesting again because I think not only Woo Jin will butt head with Dong Joo, but perhaps Dong Joo will butt head with Kim Sabu as well.

• Like 2

@Tofu I'm so jelly. YYS will cameo for 4 episodes! :pandasadspoon:

===

Recap of how Dong Joo practice hard to stitch up as quick as Kim Sabu

====

image.png

This is funny. The weibo poster said K-Netizens are worried for Woo Jin, who took away KDJ's phone.

Comments:

1. Woo Jin ah, he is Kang Dong Joo, not Ahn Jung Won.

2. Woo Jin ah, go watch S1, this guy is dorai.

3. Woo Jin ah, Kim Sabu has said it before, he's a cornerstone with the most angular edge (this one i'm not sure I'm translating right).

4. Yoon Seo Jung is not here, no one can stop Kang Dong Joo

5. Woo Jin Ah, you will be ok right?

:lmao2:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
52 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

...much better than Director Do where all he wanted was to oust Kim Sabu and wasn't really fighting for the doctors or any cause. I've to say he's so disappointing as a father to Do In Beom. I'd be so embarrassed to be his son/daughter.

Yeah that Director Do is really horrid! No ethics at all. I'm at ep15 of S1 already. Now I remember why I didn't like YYS  - he was quite petulant the whole drama 🤣

52 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Wait. Do you mean first half is better? Coz I didn't like the pace of episode 11. Episode 12 was alright.

I really prefer the 2nd half. The first few episodes I found boring and there were some irritating parts like Dr Jang etc. I even liked 11 and 12 - maybe because I do like the politics. And Eun Chae is turning out much better than in S2. I just hope they don't make Woo Jin do silly things out of jealousy v-a-v KDJ. I'd rather see how KDJ beats the councilwoman.

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Yeah that Director Do is really horrid! No ethics at all. I'm at ep15 of S1 already. Now I remember why I didn't like YYS  - he was quite petulant the whole drama 🤣

Hahahaha. He is. Fight with Kim Sabu. Fight with Do In Beom. I also feel like he was forcing Yoon Seo Jung to like him back too... only second half he and In Beom got over their differences and really became a part of Doldam that I was ok with him. I should do a rewatch because I've forgotten a lot of the details now.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Episode 13

Another super engaging, awesome and enjoyable episode. I hope you guys also like it.

I love seeing the tension created by introducing Kang Dong Joo into the story and appointing him as the Head of Trauma Centre. Inasmuch as it looks like he was being hard hearted about putting Doldam ER on pressure, I do get and appreciated him teaching everyone there on differentiating the cases. He made a valid point to Woo Jin with that speech of his, and also showed Eun Jae the consequences of her action. When it is just a small ER, the staff could potentially be "romantic" about their beliefs, but now they are expanding to the trauma centre, they can't operate the same way they do anymore.

I love that there is a test of trust between Kim Sabu, the S1 OG staff and Dong Joo too. It almost feel like the older generation needs to learn to let go and trust the next generation.

I also think Kang Dong Joo's speech about Kim Sabu and the narration after the speech was something he himself has probably experienced in the past, coupled with his further studies in the US and came to that conclusion. Rules were introduced for a good reason, and it's because Woo Jin broke the rule that now he's faced with the sequela that he might never reach the stage that he could have because of his hand injury. On weibo, there were a lot of comments siding Eun Jae (not sure if this is because they are LSK's fans) that why she is the one being scolded. But I think from a narrative POV, there's nothing wrong with it. Her character is the machinery used to teach other doctors (and audiences). I thought it is within her character since no other doctors in Trauma Centre is as young and hot-headed as she is, other than Woo Jin. Plus Woo Jin was not being professional when he snatched the phone from Dong Joo. I can see that Dong Joo was actually not being uptight about the rules of asking/sending help between the ER and Trauma Centre. He wanted the medical staff to follow the decisions he and Kim Sabu as the Head of their areas made hence he insisted Eun Jae must report to Kim Sabu first — which I think is valid. 

Anyway, it was soooo good seeing Dong Joo doing surgery again. I always enjoy the surgery scenes, and of course having Woo Jin as his assistance was the cherry on top of the cake. Even though Dong Joo came to the conclusion that Kim Sabu is Kim Sabu, but in terms of surgery, he worked hard with precision and speed to match Kim Sabu — and this, Woo Jin notices it. What I'm more curious about is, we all know in S1 Dong Joo learnt Kim Sabu's stitching technique but did Woo Jin not? I don't think it was emphasized since S2 that he tried to replicate Kim Sabu's technique. Right?

Trust that useless Dr Yang will make a fuss about Dong Joo being above him. Hahaha! It's funny to see him being told off by not only Jung In Soo but also Park Min Guk. 

Oh god, how frustrating is Eun Tak? The boys too, are of no absolute help, apart from Jang Dong Hwa. Now that Jang Dong Hwa is no longer annoying or causing trouble, he's become a lot cuter. Haha! Eun Tak is being so dap dap hae these days. I think Ah Reum should just confront him and tell him straight what she is expecting. The rock doesn't know... LOL!

And @Tofu the drama would have been even more interesting if In Beom joins. Imagine the tension double-fold between Woo Jin, In Beom and Dong Joo. LMAO! Why all the GS surgeons so hot-headed and competitive? 😆 Besides, I wanna see how after 6 years the chemie between Dong Joo and In Beom is like. I wanna see the growth of their characters after gaining more experience in their respective areas because narratively they all went to further study to be more prepared for the trauma centre.

@Chocolate @abs-oluteM @Tofu Hope to read your thoughts about this episode.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 3

@mademoiselle my last night in Tokyo before I fly home tomorrow 😭. Trying to maximise whatever time I have  left 

Sadly Disney plus is limited here in this region unlike Netflix . So I haven’t had a chance to go see the episode. I am glad you wrote a recap since it was difficult trying to piece things together on Twitter. Looks like a really exciting episode. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM I'm happy to hear you're returning ~ feels like I've been talking to myself a lot more the past few days 😅 and yet a lil' sad to hear that your holiday is coming to an end. It brought back my own memories of a week's short trip I have. It was a bit bittersweet due to the length. Will definitely plan for another trip again soon.

As for Disney+, if not available, try Kissasian. It is accessible in Japan too. Try downloading few episodes of Bloodhounds to watch on the plane if you want something to kill time. I did that with The Good Bad Mother on the plane.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

@mademoiselle yes , I plan to download Bloodhound .  Hate using KA especially on my phone 🤪, so I will just watch it when I return home . 

Which episode is this ? Wahhhh so tension filled 

What is going on???? 🥲

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@abs-oluteM Both are from episode 14. I'm not sure what else happen (or not happen) with Ah Reum, but I think she's fed up because Eun Tak didn't speak to her after she cracked the sh*t. He tried, after listening to Dong Hwa's suggestion, bought a bouquet but left it in his locker for days. Jang Dong Hwa bought a new bouquet to help him and just as he was gonna do it, Ah Reum asked to break up.

So unnecessary! Why make Eun Tak's character like that?

Please tell me that CS coming is cameo by Seo Hyun Jin! 😭🙏🏻

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

So unnecessary! Why make Eun Tak's character like that?

100% agreed! I don't remember Eun Tak being like that. If I think back to how he court her in S2, he was always upfront with how he was feeling with her (asking why he can't be someone she has a crush on, not to eat chicken with someone else, etc.).

So much tension in episode 13 and 14. I feel like this should have been the start of drama and not the end. I'm enjoying KDJ's presence even though I still find him a bit annoying. :laugh:

I think KDJ could have found a better timing to scold CEJ, but what KDJ said to her was needed. If you a trauma doctor and you leave you post, you risk people's lives. Plus for someone who had to watch SWJ get outcast, she was quick to do the same to KDJ. I definitely looked at her differently in that moment. 

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Anyway, it was soooo good seeing Dong Joo doing surgery again.

Same! I forgot how hard KDJ worked to match Kim Sabu's speed. Not only that but he must have worked really hard to learn as much as he can in the years he's been gone. 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Please tell me that CS coming is cameo by Seo Hyun Jin!

It would be amazing if the CS coming is her! :yoongibtspls:

I'm not going to lie, I'm ready for this drama to be over. I like all the characters but I'm so sick and tired of their whining. The main purpose of your job is to save people -- put aside your differences and do that. Don't let stuff like that affect the patients. :pandacop:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 6/11/2023 at 4:09 AM, Tofu said:

So much tension in episode 13 and 14. I feel like this should have been the start of drama and not the end. I'm enjoying KDJ's presence even though I still find him a bit annoying. :laugh:

I think KDJ could have found a better timing to scold CEJ, but what KDJ said to her was needed. If you a trauma doctor and you leave you post, you risk people's lives. Plus for someone who had to watch SWJ get outcast, she was quick to do the same to KDJ. I definitely looked at her differently in that moment. 

I am enjoying the tension Kang Dong Joo brought to the story. I rewatch S1 and gosh, I forgot how Kim Sabu was like! He was such a gangster to Dong Joo, wanting to cut off his hand. He was definitely more skeptical, blunt with words, and tough towards Kang Dong Joo and Yoon Seo Jung. He's so mellow down and benevolent now towards S2 casts and S3 newbies. I guess even Kim Sabu has growth from S1→2→3. LOL. Whereas Kang Dong Joo is still very Kang Dong Joo in S3 after rewatching S1.

I can't decide whether it is right or wrong timing, but I do think if Cha Eun Jae still falter under pressure during surgery after being scolded then she's probably not going to last in the Trauma Centre.

Same! I forgot how hard KDJ worked to match Kim Sabu's speed. Not only that but he must have worked really hard to learn as much as he can in the years he's been gone. 

Yes! Dong Joo's speed was what Kim Sabu pushed him for during that heart surgery in S1. The beginning of E14 was really enjoyable, with Woo Jin being all impressed. Hahaha! I now have a dream. I wanna see Dong Joo, In Beom and Woo Jin performing a surgery together. Is this too much to ask? :P

I'm not going to lie, I'm ready for this drama to be over. I like all the characters but I'm so sick and tired of their whining. The main purpose of your job is to save people -- put aside your differences and do that. Don't let stuff like that affect the patients.

I don't mind another season IF they will bring back the first generation (KDJ, YSJ, DIB) and the S2 staff. The trauma centre just began so there's a lot more narrative can be expanded from it. Dong Joo said he's back for good + In Beom saying he's only away for awhile too, isn't that a hint of another season? I quite enjoy S3 because the story is richer than S2. There's social commentary and nice contrast shown between Kim Sabu's romantism vs realism. Of course it'd be nice to omit annoying characters like Yang Ho Jun though he symbolises the negative side of all human being—people like him do exist at workplace. Did you know Secretary Jang and Nurse Oh were divorced couple??? No wonder I always thought there's something between them. LOL, after all these years I only find out about this now.

If there really will be an S5 where OG returns to join S2 casts (unlikely :jiminbtssigh:), I hope fans don't forget this drama is an ensemble casts. Kim Sabu is the heart and soul - the central figure of the series, while we still have "main leads", it doesn't mean their characters get all the screen time. It can be something like HosPlay or R88 where all the main casts are leads.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2