Episodes: 12

Schedule: 13 October 2022

Websites: Official | NamuWiki | Naver TV |

Casts:

Sung Dong Il, Kim Hee Won and Rowoon

Guests:

E1-2: Kim Ah Jung (Grid)

E3-4: Kim Ha Neul (18 Again)

E5-6: Kim Min Ha (School 2017, Pachinko)

E7-8: Kim Hye Yoon, Lee Jae Wook (Extraordinary You)

E9: None. Recap.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1

SF9’s Rowoon Confirmed To Join “House On Wheels” Season 4 As New Member

ed2209-cuab-digital-1-1661443173.jpg

It’s official: SF9’s Rowoon is joining the fourth season of tvN’s hit variety show “House on Wheels”!

On August 31, tvN responded to reports of Rowoon joining the cast by confirming, “It’s true that Rowoon will be appearing on ‘House on Wheels 4.'”

“House on Wheels” is a variety show in which the cast travels to quiet spots in Korea in a mobile home and invites special guests, such as friends and family, to stay with them for a night or two.

The first season of the program, which premiered in 2020, kicked off with cast members Sung Dong Il, Kim Hee Won, and Yeo Jin Goo. Im Siwan replaced Yeo Jin Goo in the show’s second season, and Gong Myung took over for Im Siwan in its third season last year.

With Gong Myung currently serving in the military, Rowoon will be joining the cast as the new youngest member for Season 4, which will premiere in late September.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
On 10/4/2022 at 9:40 PM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL The preview for first episode is out. I've a feeling I'll be all alone in this thread talking to myself 🤣

@mademoiselle No, I'll definitely watch because RW's guests or pool of guests are some of my faves since I've pretty much watched most of his dramas in the past fews years except Sunbae :yayaya: But I don't really know where to watch variety shows, actually?!

• Like 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL I'm wondering if tvN is teasing us. But it would be awesome if all of them are his guests! I've not properly watched an episode of House on Wheels so I'm not so sure, but I suspect it should be the same place you watch the kdramas.

Yeah or I'm wondering if they're looking at who will be most popular and shove those guests on? It would be hard to pick - probably between Extraordinary You and The King's Affection? They really didn't have anyone for Sunbae huh. :thinking:

Ok I'll poke around on my Kdrama sites and see. I'm sure someone will point the way :heiboi:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1

Oh cool! I'll try a few episodes. Lately, I've been in a bit of a drama slump or break. Haven't felt like picking up many things so variety might be more fun for me. :idk:

Also is it just me or is Rowoon's hair looking a little longish?! :MonkaTang:

• Haha 1

Episode 1

So glad it's available now. I've been checking every day since it aired. Lots of awkwardness in the beginning between Rowoon and the original cast Sung Dong Il and Hee Won. Seeing how shy and awkward Rowoon is, I'm guessing his MBTI starts with "I", hehehe. He brought cookies for the sunbae and that led to sunbae recalling last maknae, which is Gong Myung, didn't bring anything. LOL. I bet Rowoon did his homework. 😆

I honestly thought Rowoon was going to be good at making drip coffee, seeing he offered first. LOL. And thanks to that, I had a good laugh and was entertained by the temporary mishap. At least he was smart enough to check YouTube 😆. And being a habit since cleaning after other SF9 members, Rowoon took up the cleaning tasks immediately. At the rate of cleaning he's going, I am thinking he's doing it because he's on the show or he has OCD. 😆😆😆

Every time I watch Korean variety with food, I always wish I'm there with them to try all the seafood. *Slurps* I want to eat those fresh shrimps and clams so so much! And I can't believe how much they are eating. I mean, they went from afternoon snack to full meal and supposedly they will eat again later for dinner. Howwww? I did clock Rowoon mention he hasn't had white rice for a looong time. Why boy? He's not even filming... just eat at least once or thrice a week should be fine.

I was hoping to see guests relating to Rowoon appearing but we have Kim Ah Joong as the initial guest first. She's both sunbae's guests, which both had worked with her before. I love how she made pillow cases for all of them and the guests. I was looking hard to see if the pillow cases had the guests' names embroided on it but tvN was smart not to show it... or maybe it wasn't customised.

Lastly the first episode ended with the casts on quad bike. Ahhhh so so fun. Kim Ah Joong was totally enjoying herself whereas the boys are super cautious, especially Rowoon. I have been on quad bike once and although I couldn't drive fast due to my friend driving like tortoise before me but I totally would enjoy the speeding since there's absolutely nobody on the beach.

Since it's the first episode it might still be a bit awkward but I hope Rowoon will warm up soon and just be himself and enjoy filming.

The house looks nice and revamped. It made more sense as well compared to last season. Though I wonder how will they fit 4 people in there, espcially with 190 cm tall Rowoon. I don't even think the bed can fit him so he's likely have to sleep on the floor to be more comfortable. The bed although looks like it could fit two people, it's still too small for two big men.

Also how or where are they going to wash up/shower? Are they suppose to go to some public bathhouse for this?

@JenL Yes, Rowoon's hair is the longest I've seen since I've adopted him.

Episode 2 continued on with Kim Ah Jung's visit. They really did spend a night in the house whereby Ah Jung slept on the top and supposedly Sung Dong Il and Hee Won slept at the bottom. As expected, Rowoon slept on the floor where he didn't have to bend his body like a cooked shrimp. The bed did look big enough for two people though but turns out Sung Dong Il in a tent outside where he explained it's because he snores. Nice of him to be considerate since everyone needed to look pretty on TV.

In the morning Kim Ah Jung cooked Vietnamese Pho (although substitute with vermicelli rather than using the flat noodles). Everyone loved it. They then went into the sea to fish for baby octopus. I love octopus but I also feel sad of seeing them being cooked in ramen as a whole.

Dinner was cooked by Sung Dong Il with Rowoon as his helper. He asked Rowoon to cut off the octopuses' eyes and Rowoon couldn't do it without looking away each time. Man, I feel him. I'd be disgusted too. I love prawns but each time I cut off the prawn's legs I feel bad. I always think, "what if I'm the one being treated this way instead"... but I still continue eating prawns. Haha.

Each time I watched on TV people cook clam soup, they always said it is good but when I had it, they are always salty and fishy. :idk: So these days I mostly just stir-fry with lots of ginger and wine and that's superbly tasty enough rather than having it as soup.

Next episode's guest is also not Rowoon's guest. :letalQQ: It doesn't seem like we will have all of those ones tvN teases us with. Hmph.

Episode 3 Preview

Edited by mademoiselle

Rowoon and the drip coffee incident had me laughing so much. :lmao2:

Some devices have built-in drippers so you don't need to use one, but the one they had didn't have a built-in dripper. Rowoon was smart to look it up right away when it wasn't working. I rely on YT and Google just like that too. Haha! 

I shouldn't have watched this late at night because all of the foods! :SquirtleNiceAhah:

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Each time I watched on TV people cook clam soup, they always said it is good but when I had it, they are always salty and fishy.

I'm not on this episode yet but I agreed. I'm not a fan of clam soup even though I like clams. There's something about the soup that doesn't appetize me. 

I actually like Rowoon with the longer hair. I always thought he was cute before but this longer hair gives off a different vibe. I'm loving it! It can't get longer than this though; otherwise, it goes from cool/refreshing to strange and kind of sleazy. Hahaha! 

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I shouldn't have watched this late at night because all of the foods!

I'm loving the seafood. :SquirtleNiceAhah: I just had Japanese for lunch today and the sushi/sashimi were so fresh I ended up spending a bit too much just so I could have the otoro (tuna belly sashimi). Though Kim Ah Jung's Pho looks just as good too.

20 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I'm not on this episode yet but I agreed. I'm not a fan of clam soup even though I like clams. There's something about the soup that doesn't appetize me. 

They kept saying it's refreshing but the message my taste bud sent to me isn't refreshing. :laugh:

21 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I actually like Rowoon with the longer hair. I always thought he was cute before but this longer hair gives off a different vibe. I'm loving it! It can't get longer than this though; otherwise, it goes from cool/refreshing to strange and kind of sleazy. Hahaha! 

Hahahaha I don't like it but don't hate it either. I definitely much prefer it to be shorter especially because it's summer when he is filming it so I thought it would be less hot for him if he has it trimmed...?

---

I always wonder where do they shower when they film this show. It doesn't look to me there's a shower in the caravan...?!

Are you watching full episode or just the cut clips, @Tofu?

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I always wonder where do they shower when they film this show. It doesn't look to me there's a shower in the caravan...?!

Ever since the beginning of the episode where they showed a tour of the trailer, I kept wondering where they go to use the bathroom (toilet and shower) There isn't one inside the trailer, so does that mean they just park close by to an actual bathroom? This show doesn't strike me as a camping show (even though that's kind of what they are doing), so I don't think they have outdoor showers/toilet. 

18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Are you watching full episode or just the cut clips, @Tofu?

I'm watching the full episode! Hahaha! I don't watch full episodes for my actual oppas, but I'm watching it for Rowoon. :lmao2:

• Like 1

@Tofu I'm thinking the toilet should be outside so it doesn't stink up indoor in case there's clog LOL but shower, I am honestly guessing they might have gone to a public bath house or something. Surely there's hotels nearby where the staff will stay so they shower there. It's all for show anyway.

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm watching the full episode! Hahaha! I don't watch full episodes for my actual oppas, but I'm watching it for Rowoon.

Ahahahaha Rowoon will be honoured. But, will uri Tofu watch all full episodes to the end??? :mine:

• Haha 1