Destined With You 이 연애는 불가항력 [2023]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“Destined With You” Confirms to Premiere in August

20230612143220_Destined-With-You.jpg?s=9

Upcoming drama “Destined With You” is set to premiere in August!

JTBC’s “Destined with You” is a fantasy romance drama following the love story of a woman who obtains a forbidden book sealed 300 years ago and a man who becomes a victim of the forbidden book. The drama is penned by “100 Days My Prince” writer No Ji Sul and helmed by director Nam Ki Hoon of “Oh My Baby” and “Voice 3.” The drama will star SF9’s Rowoon, Jo Bo Ah, Ha Jun, and Girl’s Day’s Yura.

SF9’s Rowoon will play the handsome, intelligent, and popular lawyer Jang Shin Yu, who gets swept up in a series of unexpected events due to a terrifying curse that has been passed down from the Joseon era. Regarding his character, Rowoon shared, “I’m so excited to play a character with a different personality from the characters I’ve played so far,” adding, “I’m looking forward to my new role. Please look forward to it too.”

Jo Bo Ah, who is good at expressing rich emotions and colorful character variations, will star as Lee Hong Jo, a 9th-grade civil servant at Onju City Hall and the one who will break Jang Shin Yu’s curse. Revealing her feelings about the drama and her experience while filming, the actress shared, “I found myself blushing at some point because I was captivated by the fresh and interesting concept and the charm of the characters.” She continued, “Just like how I felt when I read the script for the first time, I had a lot of fun filming with the actors, director, writer, and crew in a harmonious environment where there was a lot of laughter.” She concluded, “I am looking forward to the premiere and wondering what kind of story will unfold, and I am really preparing hard, so please stay tuned and look forward to it.”

Ha Jun will play Kwon Jae Kyung, a popular man at Onju City Hall who Lee Hong Jo has a crush on. He hides his scars behind a sweet smile and rarely reveals his true feelings. On working with the cast and crew of “Destined with You,” Ha Jun revealed, “I was excited to work with writer Noh Ji Sul, director Nam Ki Hoon, actress Jo Bo Ah, and actor Rowoon, who I’ve always been a fan of, and the filming set was great.” He added, “It was also nice to work with actress Yura for the second time. The actors and crew are all so nice, so I enjoyed going to the set every day.”

Girl’s Day’s Yura plays Jang Shin Yu’s lover Yoon Na Yeon. Talking about the drama, the actress shared, “This is a project that I fell in love with as soon as I read the script and I’m happy to be working with such a great group of people.” She concluded, “I worked hard to create a compelling portrayal of Na Yeon and I hope that what I felt about the drama and the character will be conveyed to the viewers. Thank you for your interest and love.”

source

• Clapping Hands 1
  • 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Yes! I did that for My Good, Bad Mother. I tried other ones too but due to region restrictions, the Korean movies I downloaded did not have the right subtitles.

After you download, did the subtitles stayed from the region you're from?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Tofu said:

After you download, did the subtitles stayed from the region you're from?

The Good, Bad Mother did. Just not the Korean movies for some reason. I think when I download, my default subs is my native. So when I tried to watch it in Japan, no other subs were available. :thinking: I think you should be fine with this drama coz it is a global release.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Script Reading Pictures!

F0-ZOc7tak-AAZl-Dr.jpg

528127-654641-2630.jpg

Spoiler

F0-ZOcbaa-IAAOx58.jpg
528127-654642-2631.jpg
528127-654644-2633.jpg
528127-654645-2633.jpg
528127-654649-2636.jpg528127-654646-2634.jpg
528127-654647-2635.jpg
528127-654648-2635.jpg

The first script reading stills have dropped for JTBC’s Destined with You, featuring the fantasy rom-com’s main cast, led by Jo Boa (Military Prosecutor Doberman), Kim Ro-woon (Tomorrow), Ha Joon (Missing: The Other Side 2), and Yura (Forecasting Love and Weather).

The setup of the story begins 300 years in the past when a mysterious book was declared forbidden and sealed from the public eye. In present day, the book somehow makes its way into the hands of our heroine – civil servant Lee Hong-jo (Jo Boa) — and gives her the key to unlock an old curse. Said curse has been afflicting our attorney hero Jang Shin-yu (Kim Ro-woon) and his family for generations.

But with their fates now tied and romance starting to blossom, Hong-jo’s colleague and crush Kwon Jae-kyung (Ha Joon) is none too pleased by our main pair’s growing relationship. Our love square is also complicated by Shin-yu’s girlfriend, Yoon Na-yeon (Yura), who has a history of bullying Hong-jo in the past.

In supporting roles, Na-yeon’s dad is Mayor Song Young-kyu (Agency), while Jung Hye-young (Reborn Rich) and Lee Pil-mo (The King’s Affection) will be playing Shin-yu’s parents. We will also be seeing Lee Tae-ri (Red Heart) as Shin-yu’s best friend from high school.

Rounding out the government office team, Hong-jo’s co-workers include Lee Bong-ryun (Crash Course in Romance), Hyun Bong-shik (Shadow Detective 2), Mi-ram (Yumi’s Cells 2), and Park Kyung-hye (Love in Contract).

Written by Noh Ji-seol (100 Days My Prince) with PD Nam Ki-hoon (Big Bet, Kiss Sixth Sense) at the helm, JTBC’s Destined with You is slated to follow Miraculous Brothers in the Wednesday-Thursday slot, premiering on August 23.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
On 5/27/2023 at 7:55 AM, mademoiselle said:

It's not a Netflix series. It's JTBC.

Ah, I see. I thought it is original NF, so they just bought the broadcasting right. 

Oooh! The 30s teaser looks okay, he looks super handsome with that CEO outift, ommo haru ya, you've grown up so much!  

I like it if it's comedy, the moment he drove her away when the intruder comes in, 😄😆 that must be embarassing moment!

They already drop us the teaser, tell me when will this be aired? This August? Or near end year. Hopefully sooner is better. 

P.S. oh, it's on top of this thread title, lols. Sorry, not paying attention. Ok, see you all on August then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3