Destined With You 이 연애는 불가항력 [2023]

@mademoiselle I started this yesterday, but tbh, the story not that engaging. Apart from the handsome face of RoWoon :wow: (so handsome here, and HaJun too), nothing is appealing  to me :nervous: FL character just so-so, her colleagues are nightmares.

I have debated if I should continue or not.... but, seeing your excitement, I might stick around till ep.4 and decide from there. 

Btw, many people are envying the bloody red hand, and wishing that they were the red hand :laugh:I am now curious who that hand belongs to as well. 

• Haha 6

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

21 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@mademoiselle I started this yesterday, but tbh, the story not that engaging. Apart from the handsome face of RoWoon :wow: (so handsome here, and HaJun too), nothing is appealing  to me :nervous: FL character just so-so, her colleagues are nightmares.

I have debated if I should continue or not.... but, seeing your excitement, I might stick around till ep.4 and decide from there. 

Btw, many people are envying the bloody red hand, and wishing that they were the red hand :laugh:I am now curious who that hand belongs to as well. 

Definitely stick around till episode 4 before you decide. I actually like this cold Shin Yu but the Shin Yu in episode 4 is hilarious too. I think this role (at this point) is more interesting than his role in TKA and Tomorrow. And yes, he is super gorgeous to look at 😍.

Yes, it is funny how people want to be the red hand 🤣. I like how creepy it is and gives him pain. I hope to see it return to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

Episode 6 Pre-release

Oh dear. They are going to do another spell!

16 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

At least you have customers  @mademoiselle ... I believe I am watching at least a couple of dramas where I am the only one watching :laugh:

I know, but I want more people to appreciate the beauty of Rowoon... I mean, the show. Also I've this fear that the current customers will leave (coz they are fleeting viewers :laugh:) @Chocolate already threatens to drop. @Alice Wonderland Are you still watching this?

• Haha 5

@mademoiselle I watched ep 3, the one where you said he is so cute as he fights between adoring her and knowing he is under a spell. My conclusion is "cuteness is in the eyes of the beholder" 😂 But because this is on Netflix, I will likely stumble across it soon. Longing for You is ending and after that, I have no live drama to watch.

@abs-oluteM So sorry for leaving you on My dearest thread alone. I do plan to watch but the coming angst terrifies me. Think I'll wait until part 2 is out.

20 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Doesn't it belong to a woman he killed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Episode 5

Not much progress in this episode in terms of the curse/past life or ending the love spell. There are less comedic scenes and a bit more brooding because Shin Yu tries to fight the spell whereas Hong Jo spent some time with Kwon Jae Kyung.

In episode 4 when Shin Yu was at the bar trying to figure out the puzzle with lawyer friend, Na Yeon proposed to Shin Yu, so they got back together since they had a family dinner in episode 5.

We learn the backstory of how Hong Jo's dad passed away. We also get an insight into how Na Yeon was like back in high school. As expected, she's one of those Mean Girls who felt entitled.

As neighbours, Kwon Jae Kyung invited Hong Jo over for dinner (as a house warming). The whole interaction is awkward for me and not that enjoyable to watch, but I think it's true to Jae Kyung's character because he's just not a fun or interesting person to be with. Also I think he's too cold, the kind that is truly cold-hearted, not like Shin Yu whose mouth says all the prickly things but has a soft heart.

Shin Yu is still using his left hand more than his right, so I really can't figure out whether he's stopped feeling the curse. Also it was weird that when he was with Na Yeon at Palace Chang Deuk, he saw Hong Jo is hanbok. That wasn't Hong Jo, since she was with Shaman Halmoni at the time, so why is Shin Yu "seeing" the past and seems to getting more and more vivid?

@Chocolate Him fighting against adoring her and going back and forth is in episode 4.

35 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

@abs-oluteM So sorry for leaving you on My dearest thread alone. I do plan to watch but the coming angst terrifies me. Think I'll wait until part 2 is out.

I'm watching too, but I'm watching it at snail pace. I'm done with episode 4 ~ my sobangnim scene. Haha!

36 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Doesn't it belong to a woman he killed?

LOL. On social media, viewers are wondering if it's FL. I doubt it. Just a hand, any women's hand can do the job.

• Like 2

I think the best of ep 5 is the scene where he came to her house drunk and also meet JK in the process. They both have high tension and he accuse him of being a two timer. I think I'm addicted to some kind of drama between the three of them lols. 

And are we going to have a kiss? I think maybe no, and @mademoiselle should pray that it's not, or she will loose all her flaky customer lols 

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@mademoiselle I haven't read through the thread yet coz I'm still 2 episodes behind...But I'm watching and up to episode 3! I can't really tell if I enjoy the storyline yet, but I'll tell you what I do enjoy? Rowoon :wow: Damn, I don't know what it is, but he is on fire in this drama. I think it's a combination of: 1. He's in a suit the whole time 2. While I'm not a big fan of the cold CEO type who is mean to the girl at first, I feel like his character is not that old stereotype- he's not really mean, just more deadpan and sarcastic which is fun/funny and I personally really like these charactertistics 3. Rowoon's acting has improved a lot of the years and he's more convincing now :heart: He's already adopted, but maybe he'll scale the tiers in my eyes from this drama :laugh:

As for the rest of the drama, I'm unsure of how I feel about it just yet. I'm curious about the curse and back story (especially since I never read a synopsis about this drama), but why is Jang Sin Yu being molested by a bloody red hand?! It's so weird. I do also find the female lead character a bit much so far. Not due to acting, but due to the fact I've never been a fan of the ditzy girl trope. There are times when a character toes the line of ditzy, but I warm to them if they're more fun and bubbly than an airhead. However, if the antics are too silly, then all I want to do is cringe (eg. when she mistaked Jang Sin Yu as a grim reaper and when she decided to do a love potion)..I feel conflicted because I don't hate her, but I find the cringe factor a bit too much and it kinda puts me off. I'm annoyed by her work mates too. But I'll continue to watch because Rowoon is the hottest I've seen him yet (which is important to a drama, right? :smug:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I have done ep 5 this morning. So he kissed her? I knew it. She likes him already! She just plays hard to get. The random subway kid confirmed this for me. 😆

Well, I don't like the set up really! I mean why did he have to back together with his ex? I mean they have broken up last time right? And the drama portraying the bullying part pretty late so it feels like the female lead is coming between the two and the love potion thing is pretty not cool. I mean they kissed before everything is solved well. It reminds me how I got annoyed with YYS-MGY drama last time. I dropped it once the went to the betrayal route. Dont like it at all whatever the reason, bla blah. So this one kinda giving me that vibe too. I havent seen ep 6 yet. Who knows I might see something unexpectedly good? But I wont watch it for now. Lately, I prefer dramas with good comedy more, so I can laugh at it and release my stress. While this one should be watched when I'm fully rested. So don't worry @mademoiselle I'm not giving up yet. Rowoon in suits still motivating me. 

@SilverMoonTea lols, that first floor guy is going to regret soon. He is the GoTop ceo partner in CL drama, isnt he?? He seems familiar. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@SilverMoonTea I enjoy this episode more than 5. I think there's a good mix of comedy and emotions.

Miss @Alice Wonderland, come back you. There is no kiss. The kiss scene was imagined because uri Shin Yu couldn't remember what happened after being drunk, and this is one of his imagined scenarios. That said, to present this scene, my boy did really kiss and kissed very well! To all the stans, I rather be Jo Bo Ah's lips than the bloody hand! 😆

17 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I mean why did he have to back together with his ex? I mean they have broken up last time right?

Because it is hard to say no when she's begging him to have her back and did the proposing? Shin Yu is not a cold-hearted guy even though he seems like one. Even though he never loved her (pre-love potion), he did sincerely treat her as his a partner he will eventually marry, and only chose to break up because his condition was getting worse and the love potion makes thing worse. Based on the timeline, this proposal scene took place after seeing Shaman Halmoni and getting the clue from Hong Jo. He must have thought there was a way to breaking the love spell, but who knows the clue was "they are destined".

17 hours ago, JenL said:

@mademoiselle I haven't read through the thread yet coz I'm still 2 episodes behind...But I'm watching and up to episode 3! I can't really tell if I enjoy the storyline yet, but I'll tell you what I do enjoy? Rowoon :wow: Damn, I don't know what it is, but he is on fire in this drama. I think it's a combination of: 1. He's in a suit the whole time 2. While I'm not a big fan of the cold CEO type who is mean to the girl at first, I feel like his character is not that old stereotype- he's not really mean, just more deadpan and sarcastic which is fun/funny and I personally really like these charactertistics 3. Rowoon's acting has improved a lot of the years and he's more convincing now :heart: He's already adopted, but maybe he'll scale the tiers in my eyes from this drama :laugh:

As for the rest of the drama, I'm unsure of how I feel about it just yet. I'm curious about the curse and back story (especially since I never read a synopsis about this drama), but why is Jang Sin Yu being molested by a bloody red hand?! It's so weird. I do also find the female lead character a bit much so far. Not due to acting, but due to the fact I've never been a fan of the ditzy girl trope. There are times when a character toes the line of ditzy, but I warm to them if they're more fun and bubbly than an airhead. However, if the antics are too silly, then all I want to do is cringe (eg. when she mistaked Jang Sin Yu as a grim reaper and when she decided to do a love potion)..I feel conflicted because I don't hate her, but I find the cringe factor a bit too much and it kinda puts me off. I'm annoyed by her work mates too. But I'll continue to watch because Rowoon is the hottest I've seen him yet (which is important to a drama, right? :smug:)

Omg, did you have a radar or something? I was just wondering where you were coz you promised to watch and spazz with me. And yes, how hot is Rowoon in this drama? Agreed he's on fire in here! He did try very hard to stay pretty and keep his weight down when he filmed this drama but he couldn't stop himself pigging out in House on Wheels when Jae Wook and Hye Yoon were with him. Haha.

1. Agreed.

2. Agreed, and I also thought it was refreshing he's never played this kind of roles before.

3. Agreed again. It's a huge contrast versus EY. And yes, it did look like his acting improved again from his last ones. I'm loving this improvement.

I'm alright with FL and the actress playing her. This is actually the more likable roles I've seen her in. Character set-up wise, I am ok too. I feel like this kind is more acceptable that those where at first they started off being sassy and then later on become meek or a doormat.

Her female work mates are horrible. I'm glad the lady boss is nice and stop the bullying.

• Like 3

Episode 6

I'm really not warming up to Kwon Jae Kyung, but don't mind him being the catalyst to the OTP's relationship. Plus, thanks to him that we see more reactions and silly antics from Shin Yu. That said, both men have the same goal i.e., to bring down that good-looking jerk CEO played by Kim Kwon. He appeared again in this episode, just when Shin Yu was about to attend a court hearing with his company. As a side-story to the main plot, I do hope Shin Yu and Jae Kyung will work together to bring down the CEO, else it is pointless to bring Kim Kwon's character back.

Did that flower shop owner really drink the love potion? He's giving me a creepy stalker vibe, and Hong Jo did lose her favourite PJ. He must have stolen it! Now I'm hopeful for a stabbing scene for Shin Yu later, since I didn't get one from MML. 😅

img.gif

As per the GIF, the imaginative kiss scene is super hot! This is a deep kiss! *Jelly* What really happen was also good. I thoroughly enjoyed that scene where big baby Shin Yu aegyo Hong Jo not to leave him there coz he's scared of insects. HAHAHA. I swear, there must be a lot of ad-libs in that scene and Rowoon really is scared of bugs in real life.

img.gif

img.gif

And then there's the drunk confession. I had feels when Rowoon delivered Shin Yu's emotions. I feel for Shin Yu. He's so confused.

I also like the scene where Shin Yu tries to stall Hong Jo from casting another spell. There were some really deep gazing at Hong Jo, the kind that @Chocolate likes. Not to mention fringe down Rowoon in all black with a long coat is just as handsome as fringe up Rowoon in suit.

I'm shocked at how obnoxious Shin Yu's father is! What is wrong with that man? I'm all for the mum to divorce him for being such an ass.

Na Yeon's true colours need to show soon so that she and Shin Yu can officially break up. Funny thing is I actually thought Yura looks pretty when she fake-cries. LOL.

The incorrect Hanja talisman. Ahahahaha! I don't blame Hong Jo since not all Koreans learn Hanja well. They truly are fated. At least this time she didn't have to burn the page! She can re-cast the spell next month!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea I enjoy this episode more than 5. I think there's a good mix of comedy and emotions.

Me too. I think it's a quite swooning episode! And I already totally forgot with that manager whose wife passed away 😅 and he also joined in the queue line with SY and JK lols. He's totally creepy though and when SY save her, SY looks super dashing 🤩

Btw I also enjoyed the convenience store eating gimbap with JK, and I'm quite confused with JK too. He seems already claimed a stake at her lols, with a reason that SY already in relationship and two timing. 

I have to admit I enjoyed the tangled & messy relationship 😆 And I love the ending, because the 3 of them back to square one lols... The OST also perfect for the scene!

• Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Episode 7

@Alice Wonderland @Tofu You two can't drop the drama now. Na Yeon was shagging the dirtbag CEO (Kim Kwon) behind Shin Yu all along! Not that this excuses Shin Yu.

I'm still enjoying the show even though there's no progress with whatever past life entanglement there is between them. There were some cute and childish moments between Shin Yu and Kwon Jae Kyung. Jae Kyung refuted both Shin Yu and Hong Joo's reason of Shin Yu's infatuation after Hong Joo casting the beauty spell as Hong Joo's face did not seem to show much difference. This obviously makes Shin Yu question himself. He goes to see his doctor and from their conversation, if putting curse aside, Shin Yu's sickness caused him to hallucinate the red hand. The doctor said what he's experiencing with Hong Joo is a condition called "neural coupling". I'm honestly annoyed why the show wouldn't tell us whether Shin Yu's health condition is cured or not after casting the sickness spell! It would have been noticeable whether or not he's cured if the spell works! And now Show goes on to confuse us by telling us the spells are fake.

Someone sent Na Yeon's photos of Shin Yu and Hong Joo. Upset, Na Yeon Barbie Girl-slap Hong Joo and went off to shag CEO. Seeing how they interact, it's evident that it's not their first time. Now this is interesting and begs the question why does Na Yeon want to marry Shin Yu especially after knowing he's sick...?

I guess the initial Na Yeon—Jae Kyung loveline that I thought would develop is not happening anymore with CEO as her cheating sex partner. Gosh, how smug must CEO must feel that towards Shin Yu all this time. The "Hey, I shagged your girlfriend multiple times, and you don't even know about it!" — especially when Shin Yu always acted arrogant towards him. I also wonder when did they started sleeping together... before Shin Yu quit or after quitting?

Rowoon looks a lot more skinnier (and sickly) from the scenes of him having a meal with family and Na Yeon. I don't know if this is intentional or it is because the scene was filmed at different times after he lost more weight at the later time during filming...

There are some really nice scenes in this episode. I don't know how to describe it, but lots of it are in the nuance. Like the names saved on each other's phone. A simple "I am worried about you". Contrary to chasing around her, Shin Yu became quieter and avoided interactions, and we see Hong Joo's feelings changes as well for Jae Kyung and Shin Yu... she's hurt she didn't even deserve a name in Shin Yu's phone ...

OST 6: Noel - That's You

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Behind the Scenes

Episode 9 Preview

Finally we will get a glimpse of the story of their past life (maybe?). Shin Yu is seen unconscious on a hospital bed, so his consciousness might be taking him on a memory lane. Not sure what happens to him too since episode 8 ended at a scene of him face to face with stalker florist ahjussi.

• Like 2