Destined With You 이 연애는 불가항력 [2023]

New stills

387049499-857715435724269-35034168776932

I thought they will handle Gardener in episode 15, but taking the suspense to the finale. Not bad-ah, this PD. Usually everything ends in episode 15 and episode 16 is fillers. LOL.

Spoiler

387077107-857715465724266-12590024296186
387793436-857715412390938-27276610035235

Episode 15 stills

20231012-140127-7743.jpg

@Tofu You are right about the jawline. Need to diet so much to achieve that. I like that they tried to be creative in the romance department here. Plus, because Rowoon is too tall to stand and kiss, so has him sit and kiss and now 69. Woot.

Spoiler

20231012-140123-1145.jpg
20231012-140135-5112.jpg
20231012-140142-4964.jpg
20231012-140149-6527.jpg
20231012-140154-9383.jpg
20231012-140508-7695.jpg
20231012-140514-1478.jpg
20231012-140518-4759.jpg
20231012-140805-3918.jpg
20231012-140811-2202.jpg
20231012-140815-1889.jpg

1efa70039e460746af270256463174fab1f9047c

:lmao2:

This one killed me. I laughed so hard I snorted! Rowoon is hilarious. Where did he even get all these ideas from? @Tofu @gilaswan @abs-oluteM @JenL

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3

Episode 15

I'm drawing a blank right now after all that spazzing. :laugh:

Okay, firstly, Jae Kyung — I still have faith in you. Don't let me down! Secondly, the editing must have stuffed up this whole Mount Onju development side-story because I didn't even know Shin Yu gave his land to the government. Although now it makes sense why the Mayor was thankful and the parents are eager for their kids to wed. Whatever it is, Shin Yu, please just oust them all in the finale!

And then there's the supporting characters, apart from Ki Dong, I really don't care about them. Love the bit where he back hug Shin Yu. He makes an awesome comedic sidekick. It'd have been nice that the screen time is given to showing Shin Yu doing some real lawyer work, or give us some father-son time as well.

Does it look like his parents won't be divorce now? Appa looks remorseful, although I feel he'd do it again. Of course, this time, Omma going back to acting might give her more confident and make her feel useful.

Agreed, I was frowning as hard as Shin Yu at the bodyguards for really leaving Hong Jo's side. WTF. Dude. You are being paid to guard her! I demand a refund on behalf of Shin Yu!

The sweet scenes are so adorable from beginning to the end. The 69 kiss was so well done. Jawline is beautiful and perfecto! The morning after scene of them freaking out was also cute and hilarious. Even just flipping his wake-up hair, I am swooning.

3e7f62993ac66cdd6bfa5b2e685a7f83d04a4906

I'm not sure if I liked Shin Yu letting his dad berate Hong Jo like that. I expected him to go back in and defend his girl. I'd really appreciate being privy to a scene like that.

Absolutely adore Rowoon in this episode, and love his performances. The comical timing is spot-on. The romantic part is heart palpitating. I just love seeing Shin Yu adore Hong Jo, giving her forehead kisses in the morning and night. Eeeek. Exactly my kinda guy. Needless to say, the dressing room make-out was a shitload of crazy sexy hotness. There was a right amount of urgency in the kisses, the cinematography craftily showing them unbuttoning the shirt, Hong Jo caressing his wound, teasing us with kisses and some muscly back and nek kid skin... hell yeah.

And it's like icing on top of the cake with Eun Wol Halmoni telling Shin Yu they will have a daughter. So this must be what Rowoon was talking about in the Jenga Game. He's right, it is indeed funny. Did Eun Wol Halmoni “see” what they were doing? 🫣🫢 Oooooh front row seat. Oh, wait, silly me. She probably didn't since she said she dreamt of picking peach. I think I'm just too high from this today. That said, I'm kind of sad we won't see them with a daughter! Rowoon always love picking up kids, and I'd love another scene of him with little Ha Eun (from She Would Never Know).

Although it's probably too early, but I would totally dig seeing handsome Rowoon play a single dad with a cute daughter like Ha Eun!

One more episode left, and I now don't want it to end! It took me a while to get invested in the couple, and now that I'm invested, we've reached the end.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@mademoiselle For you, I shall check it out and try to be nice 🤣🤣🤣

Edit: From the gifs in the above post, it does look good! It's open mouth 🤪 Definitely hotter than the King The Land One hahaha.

@Chocolate Cut is here! I have been waiting for the cut so I can show off my boy's debut to more people...summoning @ktcjdrama 😂 come! Look!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

You know what I was thinking on the way to work? Shin Yu finally shows desires. He had minus zero for Na Yeon! With Hong Jo, he's like 🌋 🤣🤣🤣

@abs-oluteM I should show off this kiss to @Chocolate, I think she will likey (but might still nitpick). Choco, see few post above. I'd give you UHD if I could but it's near end of E15 if you wanna watch it yourself. Hehe. Be nice. It's my boy's debut after all

I'm all up for a rewatch if anyone wants to start on it now. The party ain't over yet. hahaha...

Yes, Shinyu finally has desires. It's been weeks he's been waiting. hahaha... I think if he wasn't still nursing a stab wound, the couch 69 kiss would have gotten much hotter and heavier sooner. :smug: And where did that hand go? Heh. His hands were certainly very busy.

I want to say though - Dad was so rude and annoying. What on earth did he even see in Nayeon??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I have been waiting for the cut so I can show off my boy's debut to more people...summoning @ktcjdrama 😂 come! Look!

Wow wee.... He is really good.... I agree with @Chocolate that it's hotter than King The Land (we're talking about the sprinkler kiss, right? coz I'm still stuck in Thailand, lol). I wish it wasn't that dark though :laugh: I guess I must resume watching because of this? Seriously though, is the story good or not?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

19 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I'm all up for a rewatch if anyone wants to start on it now. The party ain't over yet. hahaha...

Yes, Shinyu finally has desires. It's been weeks he's been waiting. hahaha... I think if he wasn't still nursing a stab wound, the couch 69 kiss would have gotten much hotter and heavier sooner. :smug: And where did that hand go? Heh. His hands were certainly very busy.

I want to say though - Dad was so rude and annoying. What on earth did he even see in Nayeon??

Hahaha I totally wouldn't mind hanging out in this thread for a little while longer! Why show has to end when I've finally invested in the OTP? I find myself tend to take time to attach to the OTP, and every time when I finally did, the show ends.

His hand was busy doing PPL for Tiffany & Co.! Rowoon endorses it, they really make full good use of him and incorporating it into the drama. Was Hong Jo wearing Tiffany's earrings as well at the beach? I thought only girls get a proposal ring, why is Rowoon wearing one too? And they don't even match! This has to be just for the sake of PPL, right? Men don't usually wear an engagement ring. That's a SUPER BIG diamond there, by the way.

16 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Wow wee.... He is really good.... I agree with @Chocolate that it's hotter than King The Land (we're talking about the sprinkler kiss, right? coz I'm still stuck in Thailand, lol). I wish it wasn't that dark though :laugh: I guess I must resume watching because of this? Seriously though, is the story good or not?

I've attached the brightened version. Gotta love the fans helping us switch on the “night lights”. :laugh: The story is good, not perfect, but definitely has a story! Hahahaha! Rowoon's acting is very good in here, too, and this isn't because I'm biased. Ask @gilaswan. Their couple scenes are driving me up the wall green with jealousy (so natural, by the way), but I'm giggling watching it. Hahahaha!

16 hours ago, gilaswan said:

@mademoiselle What did that ending mean??

I think it just means Mu Jin was the one who buried the box. 

Wrap Up Greetings

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1

You're so excited @mademoiselle 😂

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Wow wee.... He is really good.... I agree with @Chocolate that it's hotter than King The Land (we're talking about the sprinkler kiss, right? coz I'm still stuck in Thailand, lol). I wish it wasn't that dark though

Yes haha, they conveniently banged up against the light switch, and then darkness...

Yes, the scene next to the BBQ - I thought the kissing was too long in that scene, if it doesn't progress, get's boring after awhile.

Actually, I think how the actors kiss in these scenes are likely how they are in real life as well. Like HB, he likes to hold the lady's face at the side, below the ear at the neck - the kiss with SYJ during the wedding also like that. So @mademoiselle, now you know the intimate secrets of your boy! But these korean actors are so tall, it's quite painful to see them bend so much to reach the girls lol.

• Haha 4

I like how the hot kiss scene has suddenly livened up this thread right at the end of the run of this drama, but yes! @mademoiselle hang around a bit more and @ktcjdrama and @Chocolate if you’re watching, I’m game to re-watch! 😂

Just some quick thoughts from last night’s finale episode:

1. I liked that we were still gripping our seats at the start of the episode (pre-release scenes notwithstanding). Before knowing what it was with Eunwol Halmoni’s conception dream, I did wonder if it would end up with them finding out they had “lost the baby” as. result of the trauma. But then again, it was literally the day after only…

2. @mademoiselle The discovery of Mr Gardener’s psychotic nature has made me wonder again if indeed the spells worked at all because 

• Eunwol did say it works for those who believe and at the end of it all, Hongjo said she accepts she had a past life but does not believe in spells. 

• Mr Gardener was just all round psychotic so it wasn’t the potion that made him that way. He saw his dead wife in Hongjo and that was all he needed to be obsessed. 

• As you said, right up until Hongjo, Shinyu had no desire whatsoever for anyone. He ended up with Nayeon just because (in the same way he accepted the marriage proposal after breaking up with her, just because). He was probably very shocked by his own sudden emotions with Hongjo and needed some way to explain it since he was indeed two-timing and it clearly went against his principled self. Sometimes our own actions surprise us. 

3. I did not really appreciate the small goofy scenes - him meeting U-ram and the bullies, or even the (un)necessary PPL for the bank. I would have wanted to see more scenes of Shinyu being the hotshot lawyer that he is. 

4. Gong-Ma wedding took up too much screen time. I’m with @mademoiselle on this - I don’t know how their side story advanced the entire drama. OK. maybe it provided some plot distractions but I could not appreciate them after a while. One good came out of it perhaps - Hongjo got closer to her colleagues. Sort of. 

5. I didn’t like this thing with the mum actually getting pregnant. Sure it was for comic relief, but she just found her life again back in acting, then?? I would’ve much preferred if it was something like Eunwol being totally wrong - she didn’t seem like a very competent shaman after all - and maybe it was Ma-Gong that was having the daughter. Hahaha. Aside - how old were Shinyu and Hongjo supposed to be? How young were his parents that she could still get pregnant?!

6. Dad is so rude! So very rude still! I don’t like that he still goes on and on about not accepting Hongjo. I wish mum would now put Dad firmly in his place. He would change his tune if he knew Hongjo was responsible for the curse being broken. Sorta. Or at least that their destinies finally meeting as it should has made it all well for the family. I was actually expecting some sort of a reveal for that but it never happened!

7. And the back stories - those were never told too. What spell did Aengcho actually cast? Who cursed the crown prince? 

8. For all the professions about it being ready to settle down, they did end up with a marriage proposal. I guess buying the house was just step 1 in his plans, and now the 2 levels will be connected. Hahaha

9. Rings? It’s not uncommon for male and female engagement bands to look different. Tiffany bands are just overpriced, but hey. The man owns all of Onju. 

10. Bestie going into acting and giving up law… I dunno. Wasn’t it just to be a side gig? And Shinyu returning to the firm where Mr Rich-and-Bratty had shares in? Didn’t he have controlling shares in the law firm?

11. Glad Nayeon got arrested for her involvement in plots against Hongjo, but how did the police track her down to Hongjo’s house to arrest her??

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Chocolate @gilaswan I'm like an Energizer Rabbit since yesterday after seeing the debut scene. 😂 I'm going to be spamming some photos soon. It's become more precious now that it has ended 😣

@Chocolate

I agree with you on the KTL kitchen kiss. It did indeed go on too long, and it's just not normal in reality because if anyone has desire, it'd have either stopped or gone straight to what my boy did there. Ahem.

I haven't seen enough of Rowoon's kiss scene to know his intimate secrets. The only deeper kiss scenes he had was in She Would Never Know. How he touches his co-stars are also based on their discussed/rehearsals, so what I see now is not entirely reliable (yet).

@gilaswan I need to write my thoughts too, but you picked out my gripes and more plot holes I wished this drama hadn't left. It could have been perfect-er, now I've to dock 5 points off my rating! Hahaha!

PHOTOS—WRAP UP!

387755516-194825860233142-13243561696912F8-QXe1-Bbo-AAo-Hj-L.jpg

Spoiler

387681927-697471702297207-41909578221497
387708616-217816801148690-70344760749392
387719277-674491444654781-40884204077262
387745236-328415033202903-90818972876859
391367669-1085140059532923-3412882062444
F8-P92qpas-AAq-Tck.jpg
F8-QJ0x-Ga-YAA7r59.jpg
F8-Sr-Jiak-AA-p-C1.jpg
F8-Ss-AEFa0-AAO4-OI.jpg
F8-TD2-Xsak-AAO1wm.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Episode 16 Finale

@Chocolate @ktcjdrama @gilaswan @abs-oluteM @Tofu THIS!!!

img.gif

Holy Scheisse! Totally not necessary, but the point is the tease. ARGHHHH! My heart, be still.

Okay, I need to snap out of it and think about the “drama”! So distracting now that I've put the GIF here. Can't stop looking at it~

Firstly, I thought it was quite anti-climax with how this whole kidnapping turned out? I mean, it explained absolutely nothing as to why he is obsessed with Hong Jo and whether it was due to their past life. I refuse to believe it was just purely because he is psychotic because being psycho is one thing, but being a psycho remembering a past life is another. Furthermore, I honestly thought this show will be different because so far they did try to tie back in to what was introduced before when the complete past life plot was revealed. I think there are many things edited out to give way to the supporting actors and their side-stories.

I also wanted to knock Hong Jo's head hard for what she put Shin Yu through. Shin Yu would have disagreed, but there's definitely a smarter way to be a bait! At least tell the bodyguards to follow closely behind to guard her whilst being the bait, you know? That said, I did love Rowoon's portrayal at the hospital scene. He's the one privy to their past life, so the fear he felt seeing Hong Jo unconscious must have been ten-fold stronger. I particularly liked the scene where he opened the curtain to seeing her finally awake. So many emotions and his expressions there was very well-done.

Spoiler

The plot twist to the “daughter” premonition. Okay, that was funny. I'd have preferred they nullify Eun Wol's ability so that people would stop being superstitious with Shamanism. I appreciated the comedy of this, but Mum getting pregnant just after she restarted her career is disappointing. I'm all for women finding themselves, and the men and family are not the centre of their attention. I'd have preferred a time jump and seeing the OTP with a daughter.

Hurray! All three of them are ousted! I'd appreciate Na Yeon's cheating be ousted too because the video only showed her being a bully. I knew I could count on Jae Kyung, but if I were to re-write this, I would like to make him work with Shin Yu on this.

Overall, it had been an enjoyable, fun watch. The drama has a plot and story, else I'll be angry at Rowoon. On the contrary, I'm happy he took this role because I have one heck of fun watching him act! I definitely have some gripes with some unanswered side-plots, and wish there's more focus on Shin Yu, the lawyer in action but what to do, the flaws of all kdramas.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

@gilaswan

2. @mademoiselle The discovery of Mr Gardener’s psychotic nature has made me wonder again if indeed the spells worked at all because 

• Eunwol did say it works for those who believe and at the end of it all, Hongjo said she accepts she had a past life but does not believe in spells. I didn't think she didn't believe it. She cast so many of them. LOL!

• Mr Gardener was just all round psychotic so it wasn’t the potion that made him that way. He saw his dead wife in Hongjo and that was all he needed to be obsessed. We will never get an answer whether he really drank the potion.

• As you said, right up until Hongjo, Shinyu had no desire whatsoever for anyone. He ended up with Nayeon just because (in the same way he accepted the marriage proposal after breaking up with her, just because). He was probably very shocked by his own sudden emotions with Hongjo and needed some way to explain it since he was indeed two-timing and it clearly went against his principled self. Sometimes our own actions surprise us. Not “probably”, he was very indeed very shocked and tried to explain it away as the love spell. He said so himself in E9.

Spoiler

3. I did not really appreciate the small goofy scenes - him meeting U-ram and the bullies, or even the (un)necessary PPL for the bank. I would have wanted to see more scenes of Shinyu being the hotshot lawyer that he is. There were A LOT of PPLs in the last two episodes. I notice it tends to be the trend.

5. I didn’t like this thing with the mum actually getting pregnant. Sure it was for comic relief, but she just found her life again back in acting, then?? I would’ve much preferred if it was something like Eunwol being totally wrong - she didn’t seem like a very competent shaman after all - and maybe it was Ma-Gong that was having the daughter. Hahaha. Aside - how old were Shinyu and Hongjo supposed to be? How young were his parents that she could still get pregnant?! I didn't think of this at first, but now that you pointed it out. I agreed, she just got her career back. Based on the divorce paper, the Dad was born 1969 and the Mum was 1971. Shin Yu was born 1991. I think his parents married young due to the curse. Getting pregnant at age 52😅, I guess it's possible if she hasn't menopause?

6. Dad is so rude! So very rude still! I don’t like that he still goes on and on about not accepting Hongjo. I wish mum would now put Dad firmly in his place. He would change his tune if he knew Hongjo was responsible for the curse being broken. Sorta. Or at least that their destinies finally meeting as it should has made it all well for the family. I was actually expecting some sort of a reveal for that but it never happened! +1. I really wanted Mum and Shin Yu to put him down. My imagination of Hong Jo meeting the parents were them supposedly being very welcoming of her because their son found someone he really loves and the curse for the family is finally broken. This should have been addressed and celebrated!

7. And the back stories - those were never told too. What spell did Aengcho actually cast? Who cursed the crown prince? Yes! This! I guess it doesn't matter to the main plot, that is, the present OTP. What's done is done, and it's 300 years ago. Of course, some clarification would be appreciated as an audience.

9. Rings? It’s not uncommon for male and female engagement bands to look different. Tiffany bands are just overpriced, but hey. The man owns all of Onju. I don't get how the land went back to Shin Yu.

10. Bestie going into acting and giving up law… I dunno. Wasn’t it just to be a side gig? And Shinyu returning to the firm where Mr Rich-and-Bratty had shares in? Didn’t he have controlling shares in the law firm? Does Haum have shares in the firm? I thought he was just the VIP client?

11. Glad Nayeon got arrested for her involvement in plots against Hongjo, but how did the police track her down to Hongjo’s house to arrest her?? Seeing all 3 of them ousted was indeed satisfying. Though I wanted her cheating outsted too, so that Hong Jo is not seen as the third wheel. The police possibly track her down through her phone signal, plus there's CCTV, Shin Yu or Jae Kyung could call the police on her. Ahahaha.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@mademoiselle All in all I did enjoy this drama (all things considered) primarily cos I found myself very impressed with Rowoon's portrayal of his character. If you want a range of emotions and genres in one drama portrayed by one actor - this one could well be it. Serious, intellectual hotshot lawyer - he nailed it. Comedic time - nailed it. Intense emotions of grief - got it. Being head-over-heels in love - he got that too. Being worried for a loved one - for sure. Loving son - he was that. Hot lover? Jealous boyfriend? Tsundere? - all of that. Even a Joseon swordsman trying but failing to fight against cultural norms and loves. Crying scenes? Nailed all the different reasons for crying - anger, relief, despair, grief... I am most certainly impressed with this young man. I would like to see him in a Harvey Spector type roll. I do wish there was more "lawyering" done in the show. This little clique of Lee Jaewook, Anh Hyoseop, and Rowoon - very promising lot ah?

And while his chemistry with Jo Boah was very good, I still feel he carried the show. I don't think I'm being biased. Never thought of Rowoon as an actor to watch until this drama. Jo Boah... honestly doesn't leave much of an impression on me still.

I also agree that him being miraculously cured should have been highlighted, underscored, and celebrated by his family. I'm still miffed with Dad. 

If he's 32 and mum is 53, then mum really had him very young! And yeah, 52 is possible but really pushing it. Kid might as well be Shinyu's to take care of. Gee...

Yes! Hongjo cast so many of them! All perhaps in an attempt to convince herself that spells work, but... Whatever were they thinking...?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

@mademoiselle All in all I did enjoy this drama (all things considered) primarily cos I found myself very impressed with Rowoon's portrayal of his character. If you want a range of emotions and genres in one drama portrayed by one actor - this one could well be it. Serious, intellectual hotshot lawyer - he nailed it. Comedic time - nailed it. Intense emotions of grief - got it. Being head-over-heels in love - he got that too. Being worried for a loved one - for sure. Loving son - he was that. Hot lover? Jealous boyfriend? Tsundere? - all of that. Even a Joseon swordsman trying but failing to fight against cultural norms and loves. Crying scenes? Nailed all the different reasons for crying - anger, relief, despair, grief... I am most certainly impressed with this young man. I would like to see him in a Harvey Spector type roll. I do wish there was more "lawyering" done in the show. This little clique of Lee Jaewook, Anh Hyoseop, and Rowoon - very promising lot ah?

...and you nailed what I had in mind about Rowoon's performance in this drama. I saw this on my TL, didn't want to spam at first, but I think it goes well with your description, so now I will share.

Some of Rowoon's expressions in this clip were more than what had been mentioned, but it was a good collage. I hope he continued to challenge himself. Honestly, I didn't expect he could show so much range for a romcom based drama. Now I really hope to see in the future he takes on more varieties.

And while his chemistry with Jo Boah was very good, I still feel he carried the show. I don't think I'm being biased. Never thought of Rowoon as an actor to watch until this drama. Jo Boah... honestly doesn't leave much of an impression on me still.

Since she did better than her previous dramas, I shall not complain. Brace yourself too because her next drama is with Lee Jae Wook on Netflix! Come to think of it, did anyone open a drama thread? I probably thought Lee Jae Wook's fan such as @JenL would do the honour, or @Tofu! https://asianwiki.com/Hong-Rang_(Netflix)

Yes! Hongjo cast so many of them! All perhaps in an attempt to convince herself that spells work, but... Whatever were they thinking...?

The spells did work. Didn't it? I thought we concluded that it did. Hahaha!

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

brighten version!

:laugh: Trusty netizens to be so tech savvy and able to brighten up the scene ~ "Thank you very much!!"

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

And guys, they gave us THIS too!

Effortlessly.... :wow:

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I agree with you on the KTL kitchen kiss. It did indeed go on too long, and it's just not normal in reality because if anyone has desire, it'd have either stopped or gone straight to what my boy did there. Ahem.

Agree... but they always do long shots eg. the laying out of the tablecloth... remember? :laugh:

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama I hope you can pick this back up, because they did A LOT of lovely couple stuff. The most famous one is the unique octopus cling. You HAVE to check this out. I do not think any couple has done this before in dramas! @Chocolate What about you?

Reflecting on this, they really did it all.

1. The imaginative drunk kiss
  2. The forced/tension kiss
  3. The sneaky tilt-his-head kiss
  4. The sweet forehead kisses, those that you get from the guy when you're asleep or in the morning.
  5. Plenty of comforting hugs.
  6. Back hugs
  7. Back hug with your coat
  8. The jump-on, Koala hug
  9. Octopus cling
  10. The sexy HOT make out kisses
  11. Candy floss kiss
  12. 69 kiss (others called it The Spider-Man kiss)
  13. …and many more I lost count

I really cannot complain when it comes to this! :eeeee:

31 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Agree... but they always do long shots eg. the laying out of the tablecloth... remember?

Oh god, that scene was horrible. Honestly, now that I've seen this drama, I totally reckon KTL could have given us better OTP scenes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2