Destined With You 이 연애는 불가항력 [2023]

58 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

I’ve been wanting to say this - I love Gidong too. He’s actually a very good sidekick. Where did he get those “coupons” he’d been cashing in on with Shinyu? I don’t remember seeing them anywhere

The coupons were given by Shin Yu to Gi Dong in exchange of the venue he asked Hong Jo to meet him if I remember correctly.

59 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

And the suits. Row on almost wears nothing. but suits save those few casual smart occasions. And almost always 3-pc suits. He looks so dapper in them. I love his black on black on black aesthetic. 

Yeah he looks so good in suits. I don't think there is currently any styles he wore in here that I didn't like, casual or formal.

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

Was this series entirely pre-produced? They were filming through the seasons, were they? Story also seemed to span a period of at least 4+ months from Autumn into winter? 

Yeah you can say that. It usually takes 4-7 months to complete filming. This was filmed last Oct to end of May.

I think if I had to nitpick on this drama, it would be these annoying supporting characters who don't seem to serve any purpose to the main story. I don't care about the team leader & boss' love story either. The show didn't spend enough time to help me invest in them.

• Like 1

@mademoiselle As we head into the last week of this show (I don’t want to leave this couple yet!!!) what are you hoping and wishing for?

I want to see her call him “oppa”! It shouldn’t be Nayeon calling him that. 

I want all of Nayeon’s affair and b*txhiness outed!!

I want them to get married!

I think it would be nice to see mum and dad get a happily ever after too. 

I’d like it if her colleagues got nicer. like really nicer. They have been quite a waste of time indeed. Including the manager and branch head’s “love story”. It got lame quite a while ago already. 

And Eun-wol Halmoni - I’m not so sure there’s a real purpose for her actually. Hmm… 

More cutes and lovey-doveyness!!

• Like 1

@gilaswan I'm expecting a wedding or a proposal (I'll be so jealous as well on the side hahaha!). Also, I have been spoiled by Rowoon's wrap up photo, which I think he forgot to censor coz he censored pictures up on his head. The picture is on page 2 in this thread in first 3 pages here.

Spoiler

He was wearing a ring in there. Also, in the Jenga game, they were asked what was the most memorable or funniest NG scenes, and Rowoon blurted out "daughter"...

Since they will be married, I guess Oppa wouldn't matter anymore, coz she will be calling him "yeobo" 😂

I want justice, so I want all 3 – Na Yeon, her dad and Lee Hyun Seo ousted!

Don't care about her colleagues, but my guess is they might be nicer to her after what had happened.

Mount Onju? I think it's just to let the government develop that area. Think from the beginning, Shin Yu has already mentioned the government has already touched their family land without their permission, so if Hong Jo insisted to tear down the shrine, Shin Yu will take them to court and they will lose.

🤔 Did Aeng Cho died on Mount Onju? Probably why Mu Jin made sure his descendants owns the land, and keeping it intact. Using the curse as a reason for him and Aeng Cho to find each other again, even when he himself doesn't know there is reincarnation. Their love is so tragic! If this is a full drama, I would hate it (although on Dramabeans people want this more). I think it's just enough, I can't with Joseon style bad ending. Haha.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I want justice, so I want all 3 – Na Yeon, her dad and Lee Hyun Seo ousted!

Hahahaha... JUSTICE! JUSTICE! Yeah, I'd like it to all come clean, guts spilled for all to seeeeee!!! I just don't like the idea that Hongjo might still have that cloud of false guilt hanging over her with regard to her relationship with Shinyu. Also, Shinyu has been such a gentleman. Even after he knew about her affair with Lee Hyun Seo, he continued to take on the blame for ending their relationship. He never once questioned her actual fidelity towards him as well. Hmm... But yes, he was the one who wanted to end their relationship, not her. Just that she really needs to be put in her place, that Na Yeon. Tsk. 

Did Aengcho die on the mountain? Well, that entire plot of land including where the shrine was built belonged to the Jang family right? There was a scene where he was tending to her, and they showed her hands turning black. Was that a flashback scene after she was stabbed by him? Was she dying at that point already and he was just tending to her until she died? Or did she die on that snowy field soon after being stabbed? 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Even after he knew about her affair with Lee Hyun Seo, he continued to take on the blame for ending their relationship. He never once questioned her actual fidelity towards him as well.

My interpretation of this is he doesn't love her, so he can't be F about her infidelity. He doesn't want to waste time on another woman that isn't Hong Jo. :laugh: That said, I do think he did sincerely feel bad about dumping her for Hong Jo, which is why he's acting all nice about it. I'm hoping what we saw in the preview could be the last draw. C'mon, Shin Yu, protect your girl!!! Their love stemmed from 300+ years ago and so much hurdle that they are finally together, must protect this love fiercely! Yeah, don't you agree?

15 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Did Aengcho die on the mountain? Well, that entire plot of land including where the shrine was built belonged to the Jang family right? There was a scene where he was tending to her, and they showed her hands turning black. Was that a flashback scene after she was stabbed by him? Was she dying at that point already and he was just tending to her until she died? Or did she die on that snowy field soon after being stabbed? 

I think the shrine is located inside Mount Onju. She was running away from the men, and can't possibly run too far in the snow. I think Shin Yu took over the land afterwards based on the letter he left to his descendants, and now passed on to Shin Yu. Her hands turned black inside the well, an after-effect of using the dark curse*. She died from stabbing by Mu Jin.

*We have yet to confirm this dark curse was the curse on Crown Prince or the one she put on whoever killed her. I think it's the latter.

• Insightful 1
On 10/9/2023 at 6:53 PM, mademoiselle said:

My interpretation of this is he doesn't love her, so he can't be F about her infidelity. He doesn't want to waste time on another woman that isn't Hong Jo. :laugh: That said, I do think he did sincerely feel bad about dumping her for Hong Jo, which is why he's acting all nice about it.

I do think Shinyu did feel it wrong that he was two-timing her which was why at the start he was trying very hard to have Hongjo rid him of the effects of the spell. That was until he probably realised that his feelings were independent of the spell (which I still have difficulty trying to logic out). I reckon the moment he found out about Nayeon’s affair, it just made it pointless to fight the spell’s impact on him - there was clearly no relationship to be had between them, only status and political gain, neither of which was attractive to him.

I’m still puzzling over the impact of the spell on Shinyu vs Gardener Man. Shinyu has seemed very aware of the effects of the spell on him, Gardener Man not so.

On 10/9/2023 at 6:53 PM, mademoiselle said:I think Shin Yu took over the land afterwards based on the letter he left to his descendants, and now passed on to Shin Yu. 

Having trouble editing on my iPad. Anyway, wanted to say that I think the king gave him a reward and he asked for Mount Onju. Hahaha…

Edited by gilaswan
  • Haha 1

Episode 15 Pre-release

Hahaha, they go dating with 2 bodyguards following 🤣 Sweetness is back @gilaswan! I'm gonna miss this, now that I'm invested...

I've always questioned whether the gardener did drink the love potion. It's never really confirmed, isn't it?

13 hours ago, gilaswan said:

That was until he probably realised that his feelings were independent of the spell (which I still have difficulty trying to logic out).

This bit, spell or no spell, once he remember their connection in past life it didn't matter anymore. So that is my logic. He didn't have to fight it or be confused whether this feeling is real.

Coz the feeling is real...

@mademoiselle Aiyoh… I’m also very invested in this couple. Hahahah… did not expect to be, but Rowoon and Boah’s chemistry is really very nice! There’s so much cute, yet so much seriousness, and good tension… it’s like the characters are very believable you know? And their portrayal of their Joseon vs present day selves are also very natural. You can tell the characters are different but there’s still a connection. 

I’m so happy lovey dovey is back! But not all is calm yet. Mr Gardener is still at large! I just think this potion thing is a bit odd though. So she fills her pink flask with the potion and pours some out for Jaegyeong which Shinyu drinks. Then she leaves her flask overnight at work and Branch Manager safe-keeps it for her and responds cheekily if he should not have drunk anything from it when asked. But let’s assume he didn’t cos… why would he? But then she takes the flask with her out to the field and still does not wash it out? Why would you bring a flask of potion with you when you don’t need it anymore or already had a possible drink scare with your boss? Again she misplaces it (exactly why Shinyu said to her, you might as well have poured it into River Han!), and Mr Gardener picks it up and says he drank it to find out what type of tea she drinks and even commented the water had an interesting taste to it. So I reckon he did drink it. But, eeeww… hygiene, people! Hygiene and Covid-19! Are we still sharing drinks with strangers? I do reckon Mr Gardener already liked her (for him to want to know what kind of drink she takes). Ingesting the love potion just brought out the worst in him.

So I reckon: 

• If you have no interest in the person, perhaps drinking it will make you notice the person, but

• if you do actually have an interest - like Shinyu and Mr Gardener - drinking it heightens emotions in you 

Spoiler

I must also say that this drama has reacquainted me with Rowoon. I saw him first in Extraordinary You (where Jaewook left a stronger impression though), then King’s Affection…. But this role is making him stick in my mind as a good actor! And of course, his height and looking very dapper in suits! The other actor in my mind that looks dapper in full suits is Lee Jongsuk. It’s like they’re made for suits! Step aside, Harvey Spector!

Watched the episodes of House on Wheels 4 with Jaewook, Hyeyoon, and Rowoon - their friendship is so cute and adorable!

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 1

@gilaswan +1. When the FL was announced, I was unsure because her previous pairings with the male leads, I didn't feel the chemistry. Not with Park Hae Jin. Not with Lee Dong Wook. Surprisingly, in here, they match well. I wouldn't say they are the most matching because for me, that'd be Lusi and Chen Zhe Yuan (Hidden Love) this year. But, no complaints as on-screen couple naturalness.

Yeah, exactly my thought. It's unhygienic to drink from someone else's bottle, which is also why I thought maybe they didn't. They were just "saying" it. Furthermore, isn't it disrespectful? I'd be very offended if someone drinks from my bottle without my permission (except Shin Yu/Rowoon, coz he's Oppa). :laugh: Ah, hahaha, I digress.

Spoiler

If you want more Rowoon, I recommend checking out She Would Never Know. It's on Netflix, so easy access. If Shin Yu hadn't come along, his character Chae Hyun Seung in this drama would be my favourite character. He's just such a good guy in there, the perfect boyfriend we wish we had in reality. He looks just as gorgeous too. First two episodes, people complained because his action was questionable, but there's reasoning behind it, and he learnt the consequence of it. Not a dealbreaker. His acting is good here too. The other one is Tomorrow.

I'll be brutally honest, The King's Affection is meh for me now that I saw the whole drama. In the beginning I enjoyed it, but the middle to the end weren't great. Rowoon's character wasn't doing it for me either. His acting is there, but there's not much for him to work on. Additionally, I just love him in modern dramas than sageuk. Sadly, the next one is sageuk.

• Like 1

Rowoon, Jo Bo Ah, Yura, And Ha Jun Bid Farewell To “Destined With You” With Closing Remarks

20231011063540_destined-with-you-1-.jpg?

The cast members of “Destined With You” thanked viewers and shared what to look forward to in the drama’s remaining episodes!

“Destined With You” is a romance drama starring Rowoon as Jang Shin Yu, a lawyer bound by a centuries-old curse, and Jo Bo Ah as Lee Hong Jo, a civil servant who holds the key to Jang Shin Yu’s freedom in the form of a banned book that was sealed 300 years ago. Ha Jun plays Kwon Jae Kyung, a popular man at Onju City Hall whom Lee Hong Jo has a crush on.

With just two episodes left for “Destined With You” to wrap up, viewers’ attention is focused on what kind of ending Hong Jo and Shin Yu will have. The cast members of “Destined With You” Jo Bo Ah, Rowoon, Ha Jun, and Yura shared their closing remarks as well as what viewers should look forward to in the remaining two episodes of the drama.

From playing the confident and lovable Lee Hong Jo to playing the tragic Aeng Cho from her past life, Jo Bo Ah endeared herself to viewers as she went back and forth between emotional extremes.

Jo Bo Ah shared, “I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all the viewers who watched and supported ‘Destined With You,'” adding, “Although the moment to say goodbye to Hong Jo has come, I would like to ask for your attention and love for the remaining episodes 15 and 16.”

Choosing the emotional connection between Hong Jo and Shin Yu from their past lives and the ongoing confrontation with Na Joong Beom (Ahn Sang Woo) as what viewers should focus on in the remaining two episodes, Jo Bo Ah shared, “Hong Jo and Shin Yu’s past life narratives have been revealed. Based on the identity of ‘Red Hand’ (Aeng Cho) and the poignant history of Hong Jo and Shin Yu, you will be able to feel even more sad emotions,” adding, “I hope you will also enjoy the confrontation with Na Joong Beom.”

Rowoon, who captured viewers’ hearts with his portrayal of the characters Shin Yu, a lawyer whom a spell was cast on, and Min Ju, who was cursed due to a tragic choice, shared, “I was really happy to be able to portray Jang Shin Yu, a character I loved so much. I hope you will remember Shin Yu for a long time to come,” adding, “Please watch until the end to see whether Hong Jo and Shin Yu, who have gone through many twists and turns, will be able to stay together.”

Ha Jun, who added excitement and tension to the drama, shared, “I remember when we filmed the drama, I think I always filmed with a warm heart and in a bright atmosphere even on cold days. I was embarrassed to play the role of Kwon Jae Kyung, who is in charge of visuals, but I’m grateful that viewers found Kwon Jae Kyung cute.”

He continued, “The weather has gotten quite chilly. I hope you don’t catch a cold, and I hope you stay healthy both physically and mentally,” adding, “I’m really grateful to all the viewers who loved our drama so far. I hope you will pay attention to what choice Kwon Jae Kyung will make.”

Yura, who made a strong impression as Jang Shin Yu’s girlfriend Yoon Na Yeon, commented, “I was so sad when filming ended, and now that the drama is about to finish airing, I feel even more sad. We had a lot of fun filming, and I hope that everyone who watched the drama had a good and happy time. Thank you to everyone who has loved ‘Destined With You’ so far.”

She concluded, “Na Yeon has done a lot of things to be hated for. Please watch and see if she will repent and change or if she will stay the same,” adding, “Please don’t hate her too much and watch the drama until the end.”

source

• Like 1

@mademoiselle omo! Those stills! They’re just so cute together! You’re right about King’s Affection, but I enjoyed that one nevertheless. Might watch Tomorrow. The storyline just didn’t seem very interesting to me. I thought that Rowoon and Jo Boah captured their Joseon selves very well though.

Some other thoughts as this drama comes to a close:

1. Red hand belonged to Hongjo’s Joseon self - did it prevent him from seeing Nayeon when he crashed into the decorated road dividers?

2. Eunwol Halmoni did tell them how to break the love spell - by accepting their intertwined destinies, so that spell is already broken.

3. I had hoped for clearer connections to the past for the other characters - but they seemed to me to have the “same face” than a real emotional or spiritual connection like for Shinyu and Hongjo. 

• Like 1

@gilaswan Tomorrow is on a heavier theme as it ties in to real-life, social commentary. One-two episodes tackling one story, and a few of them are quite tear-jerking but in a good way. My personal fave is episode 6 with the haraboji. Let me know what you think. If you want light romance, then She Would Never Know is the one to go to.

Agree, the Joseon bit for this drama was well-done, though I must say it maybe is because there's not as much of it. Hahaha! If they give me more of this star-crossed romance in full-blown 16 episodes, I will be sulking. Besides, they won't be able to do cute kissing like they do in the present time!

15 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

1. Red hand belonged to Hongjo’s Joseon self - did it prevent him from seeing Nayeon when he crashed into the decorated road dividers?

Nope. He sent the car to the shop, and went took a cap to see Na Yeon at the bar because she said it was urgent.

16 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

2. Eunwol Halmoni did tell them how to break the love spell - by accepting their intertwined destinies, so that spell is already broken.

Is this your new-found logic to explain the love spell?

18 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

3. I had hoped for clearer connections to the past for the other characters - but they seemed to me to have the “same face” than a real emotional or spiritual connection like for Shinyu and Hongjo. 

We might, especially for the Gardener. There had to be a reason why they appear in the past life too.

---

New episode tonight, but I can't watch it until after work tomorrow! SUCH A TORTURE!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@gilaswan Tomorrow is on a heavier theme as it ties in to real-life, social commentary. One-two episodes tackling one story, and a few of them are quite tear-jerking .

I’ll prolly give Tomorrow a try.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Nope. He sent the car to the shop, and went took a cap to see Na Yeon at the bar because she said it was urgent.

What I meant was the spirit of the red hand attempted to prevent him from seeing Nayeon by causing the accident. Hahaha… ignited after he encountered the actual owner of the red hand. Hahaha… #fantasylogic

As for the love spell logic, well, she did ask Eunwol how to end the spell, and ended up with that answer. Hmm? Heh…

• Like 1

@mademoiselle indeed, that scene was very well done - Shinyu was definitely very impatient 😂 He didn’t want to slow down even after she asked him to wait. 😂😂 But the scream was also for the ending and preview! They better give us a happy ending! How can you as a bodyguard leave your station?! Even if your client asks for privacy, you’ve still got to find a way to know where she is at all times!! Kdrama stupidity for the sake of dramaaaaaa!!

ooh, and couch kiss was very hawt too… the boy was certainly getting impatient…

• Haha 2

Finale Pre-release

@gilaswan I am not worried of the ending preview, coz I am 101% sure we will have happy ending, although the way this pre-release played out, I suddenly thought to myself, that cotton candy machine wouldn't go KABOOM, right? 🤣🤣🤣

The 69 kiss was hot too, particularly when their kiss deepens. Abs, you are missing out on my boy's coming of age drama! 😂

@abs-oluteM Less than 10 times but more than 5 maybe. Unfortunately, I have to go to work! I was trying to figure out one scene where the position of his hand was. I knew I could rely on the fans to help me on this. Haha. So hawt!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

ooh, and couch kiss was very hawt too… the boy was certainly getting impatient…

You know what I was thinking on the way to work? Shin Yu finally shows desires. He had minus zero for Na Yeon! With Hong Jo, he's like 🌋 🤣🤣🤣

@abs-oluteM I should show off this kiss to @Chocolate, I think she will likey (but might still nitpick). Choco, see few post above. I'd give you UHD if I could but it's near end of E15 if you wanna watch it yourself. Hehe. Be nice. It's my boy's debut after all 😂

• Haha 3