Destined With You 이 연애는 불가항력 [2023]

20 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Wow! So many tags and all in this thread. LOL! @mademoiselle have you decided what badges you want now that the drama is over? 

Not yet. I was too excited with the last 2 episodes! I have to start going through all the GIFs and short-list them. It will be challenging because he's so beautiful! I tried before & was too hard LOL. I'm still waiting for the GIF masters to share the last 2 episodes' in full (they take a while).

@mademoiselle That clip of all his emotions - I like! But the tags are too simplistic. Just the tag “Pain” failed to recognise that they were all different types of pain he was experiencing - physical pain, physical pain possibly leading to death, pain related to grief. Likewise for “sadness”. Sadness because of rejection, intense grief, loss, disappointment - list goes on. He’s managed to portray them very well. That wide range through his eyes alone! Aiyoh. How do I narrow down the difference and complexities of human emotions that he’s managed to capture as an actor? Like that look Shinyu had when he asked Hongjo if she could live without ever seeing him again and she said yes. That hurt, pain, disappointment, yet a desire to understand, wanting to cry, but holding back tears - wah. I wanted to cry. And my hubby and kids will tell you that I’m always emotionless when I watch movies or TV. 

Rowoon - you have a new fan. 

• Awesome 1

@gilaswan Yes!!! The tags were definitely not enough. He did a wide range of emotions. There was one particular scene in E13 stood out for me, unfortunately no one captured it in GIF. It was when he was outside waiting for Hong Jo to come out to give her his mum's food. He took a big breath, looking nervous with so much uncertainty. But when Hong Jo came out, he acted all casual like nothing happened. I thought to myself at the time, “Wow, OK, details.”

And then there's that outstanding scene where Hong Jo was in the hospital… so many emotions there and he portrayed it so well, I am impressed.

F8-UTy-MPbw-AAf-EVR.jpg

Spoiler

His hand was trembling...F8-Uaaf-Ia-MAA90wb.jpgF8-UTy-MJa-MAA73si.jpg
F8-Uaaf-Jac-AAYtwk.jpg
F8-Uaaf-Pbs-AEz6-Ee.jpg

F8-Ua-SBfa8-AA1a-L.jpg

…and I feel so entertained by his performance. Proud, too! Coz he went from being criticized for his acting in EY to this!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1

@mademoiselle I too am impressed. My husband said, “but that’s the expected range of emotions in any show mah…” but I disagree leh. His character really went through some kind of transformation. Not to mention there’s the Joseon version of him too. 

Did a rewatch of ep 16 (sped through scenes I did not like). 

As always, Kdrama logic of safety and security is off. But I reckon very much in keeping with HJ’s character that she should make herself bait to NJB.  She almost died. Not thinking for her loved one - SY is really family already. So reckless. But then, where was the site SY thought they would have gone to, and why did it take them so long to get there? Or does the sun fall quickly in Spring? Can’t be… When he eventually finds here - where did the police go? For cinematic effect the scene clears and there’s only the 2 of them? 40 mins later they’re at the hospital. So I reckon I must read that scene with dramatic license that in SY’s mind, it was just she and him alone in his absolute devastation of mind…

Then SS Harabeoji - I don’t see how, no matter how good a lawyer SY is, that he could have gotten off scott free for his part in providing a false alibi for NJB. I was hoping to see something about HJ and SY fostering UR. I think they would make such wonderful foster parents for the child. 

I wish their new house could have had better interior design - he can afford it for sure. But perhaps he’s trying to live a simpler life for her… 

I also wish there was something with Park Gi Dong in the last episode. He should’ve been taken to the law firm with SY after all those efforts to get close to him. 

About the spells - I think my final conclusion to that is that they didn’t work. Hahaha…

I think Onju Mountain went back to SY cos the transactions were illegal and therefore nullified. Actually, my question would be why he was willing to hand the land to the govt? Because his father was originally going to develop it?

Oh, and about Mr Brat being major shareholder of Law & High - it’s in Episode 1 around the 12,43 mark where the lawyers tell their boss that they want to do something about the assault the team had gone through the night before and he tells them, “No law firm files a lawsuit against their biggest client and a major shareholder.”

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, gilaswan said:

@mademoiselle I too am impressed. My husband said, “but that’s the expected range of emotions in any show mah…” but I disagree leh. His character really went through some kind of transformation. Not to mention there’s the Joseon version of him too. 

It's expected to have that range of emotions from an actor, but not all actors can deliver. I think what's really stood out for me is Rowoon's Shin Yu is multifaceted and he portrayed Shin Yu by given him multiple layers of emotions, those that at first the cold character had never experienced. And once he's learnt his past life, he's also had to incorporate Mu Jin's feelings and memories into Shin Yu's. The past (the loss) impacted Shin Yu and we have this hospital scene.

where did the police go? For cinematic effect the scene clears and there’s only the 2 of them?

I was thinking the same, "someone hurry call an ambulance!" Don't just cry! But it's definitely just dramatic effect where the show needed time to convey an emotional, dramatic scene.

I think Onju Mountain went back to SY cos the transactions were illegal and therefore nullified. Actually, my question would be why he was willing to hand the land to the govt? Because his father was originally going to develop it?

I think it originally went through proper tendering channel, then Na Yeon directed it to Haum. As to why he handed, because it benefited them both? They were getting married, Dad is developing it, he owns the land—seem like all win-win for all parties in terms of profit.

“No law firm files a lawsuit against their biggest client and a major shareholder.”

Do you think maybe the law firm sold his shares to Shin Yu? He could easily buy it out. I like this office better anyway. 😂

Ah. I wish the BTS of the spidey kids had Eng subs. I want to know what motivated the change from a regular side-by-side kiss on the couch as they rehearsed to that. Also, when will she stop using ssi when addressing him?!

A YouTube channel might cover it or Netflix K Content will. But I watched a fan-subbed version on weibo, it was PD's idea to go for something more special and as Rowoon suggested Hong Jo goes to take the first aid kit, PD then mentioned they do a 69 kiss and they started discussing how to best present it, use one hand only, not two to pull Hong Jo in for a deeper kiss.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1

Netflix K-Content Cuts

I'm just finding reasons to post some more because I haven't got over this, and I'm already missing Rowoon's Jang Shin Yu. Otteoke, @gilaswan! I was watching Strong Girl, Nam Soon this afternoon, and Nam Soon came out of the bathroom exactly in the white shirt the male lead gave him and all I can think of is the above scene. Obviously it's too early for Nam Soon and male lead to do the deed, but you know, don't wear the male lead's shirt if you don't intend to seduce him. :laugh:

P.S. Netflix should also release the hospital scene cut. I'm still not over this one too because it was so good. I think I liked it more than the Joseon snow scene, which most Netizens were crazy about (because everyone made GIFs of it).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think what's really stood out for me is Rowoon's Shin Yu is multifaceted .

I remain very impressed by Rowoon’s portrayal of Shinyu. I was watching his other past videos of him with SF9 also. He’s very likeable. And then other cuts from his other dramas. But this role seems to really seal him firmly as an actor. I see a lot of comparison between him and Cha Eun Woo too. But nah, Rowoon hands down. 

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think it originally went through proper tendering channel, then Na Yeon directed it to Haum. As to why he handed, because it benefited them both? They were getting married, Dad is developing it, he owns the land—seem like all win-win for all parties in terms of profit.

I think it would make sense if it worked this way:

To be above board, they decided to hand the land over to the City of Onju and go through a proper tender process so that no one can say there was favouritism or nepotism involved because Shinyu is upright that way. The land was his anyway and as a civil servant at that point, employed by the City Hall, he did not want anyone calling him out on corrupt practices. 

But Daddy Dearest was not a straight man - no wonder his daughter grew up to think she owned the world. He would do anything for his daughter, and hence the dirty underhanded deals. That’s why when there was a sudden change in developer, Shinyu questioned the legality of it and said they won the tender fair and square. 

I wonder how Dad would feel if he knew that CEO Haum was banging up his daughter - it looks like he never knew till the end. And this jerk who also dumped his daughter - Nayeon was really deluded to the end. She actually told her friends she was getting married when in effect there was nothing between them following her breakup with Shinyu. That girl was really desperate to get married to power. 

And oui - I like the idea of Shinyu becoming the controlling shareholder of High & Law. Hahahaha. I love how we’re filling up the “gaps”. I think Gidong should be brought over as his personal assistant too. 

I can’t leave this drama yet. 

6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm just finding reasons to post some more because I haven't got over this, and I'm already missing Rowoon's Jang Shin Yu.

P.S. Netflix should also release the hospital scene cut. I'm still not over this one too because it was so good. I think I liked it more than the Joseon snow scene, which most Netizens were crazy about (because everyone was made GIFs of it).

Keep the posts coming!! hahaha. I’m here with yoooooooo… Jang Shin yoooooooo 😂😂😂 and @mademoiselle, you of course. 

I too think the hospital scene where out of sheer relief and fatigue he collapses at her bed side and cries. Aiyoh. So many overwhelming emotions at one go. How is this young man so talented? He must have a lot of empathy for people and the emotions they feel. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

I wonder how Dad would feel if he knew that CEO Haum was banging up his daughter - it looks like he never knew till the end. And this jerk who also dumped his daughter - Nayeon was really deluded to the end. She actually told her friends she was getting married when in effect there was nothing between them following her breakup with Shinyu. That girl was really desperate to get married to power.

Shin Yu was so gentleman to the end. I'd have made sure to tell him to his face that his precious daughter was a cheater and banging Hyun Seo. He still did not know in episode 16. He probably only found out after being arrested, but then again, them shagging up isn't exactly related to the corruption and her relation to psycho Gardener. I just hate that this is all behind the scenes, and I'm filling up this gap. LOL.

7 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

And oui - I like the idea of Shinyu becoming the controlling shareholder of High & Law. Hahahaha. I love how we’re filling up the “gaps”. I think Gidong should be brought over as his personal assistant too. 

Maybe he will after his good friend left to act. Haha, let's fill up more gaps ourselves 😆

8 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

But this role seems to really seal him firmly as an actor.

The irony of it all is that his agency officially announce he left SF9 in the midst of this drama airing. And lots of things became different from the way the agency promote him after he became an official actor.

11 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

I see a lot of comparison between him and Cha Eun Woo too. But nah, Rowoon hands down. 

I've seen this too. There is a bit of antagonism between the fandoms, I believe. Apparently, this drama was first offered to Cha Eun Woo. Eun Woo is Oppa as well, but I'm glad it didn't work out.

Spoiler

I can't imagine him in this role and did what Rowoon deliver as Jang Shin Yu. All that comical scenes, for instance. His acting hasn't improved as quick as he should, whereas Rowoon was steadily improving in every project he took on after EY. I've watched both of their idol clips, even as an idol, Rowoon was an all-rounder. He could sing and dance really well too.

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Shin Yu was so gentleman to the end.

He was. And is. I have to say I like how

his overall personality was written. Like his Joseon self, he had this period of aristocratic arrogance, only that in Joseon it did not last long cos he met Aengcho as a child. In modern day Korea, he’s had more years without Hongjo and also grew up under the shadow of the curse.

Spoiler

That prolly taught him how to keep relationships at a distance - he clearly did not want to cower to the pressure of marrying early just to secure a bloodline like what his father wanted. He also saw what a loveless marriage his parents had and that likely turned him off it. I dare say he had no physical nor emotional relationship with anyone prior to Hongjo - he didn’t even want to hold hands with Nayeon; Wook said Hongjo was the first person ever that he said he had a liking for  

So this cool, aloof exterior was very much waiting to be awakened by Hongjo. Even then he keeps it only for her (cut to Octopus cooking scene where he tells her he now realises the power of love and what he will be willing to do for it). But I digress. This cool exterior is also in part that aristocratic nobility that has likely been passed down the generations. And so it remains beneath him to play tit-for-tat with Nayeon and the Mayor. He is aboveboard and uses the law to achieve his ends. So very imperturbable. Absolutely sophisticated. I loved how when Jaegyeong told him to resign, afterall how could he let the man who used to date his daughter but is now dating someone else remain in the organisation, and all Shinyu said in response was, “Mayor’s daughter didn’t date only me.” Netflix Swoon should do cuts of Shinyu and all his swoonworthy clips. So many. My goodness. Be still my beating heart. 

About Cha Eunwoo - nothing against him, but his acting can’t hold a candle against Rowoon. Up to perhaps even The King’s Affection I might even be willing to say yeah…Rowoon is more pretty boy than actor, but after DWY - he’s sealed a place in the Hall of Actors. Firmly moved from Idol to Actor. In fact, because I’ve only ever known him as an actor, I must say I find it intriguing that he was even ever an idol! I cannot imagine Eunwoo taking up this role (voice not deep enough, looks not serious and mature enough). Can you imagine Eunwoo up against Jaegyeong? Naaaah… and Hyunseo? Naaaaaah!!! Besides, Eunwoo is really pretty boy but I think Rowoon has matured into handsome. There is a difference. 😉

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@gilaswan The scene you have mentioned before. 

Shin Yu: Can you live without seeing me?

Hong Jo: Yes

Shin Yu: I understand, I'll leave.

img-004.gif

Surprisingly, he was a lot calmer above than the scene below when he tried to give her his mum's bento.

Thanks for the clips! This ☝🏻! I love because you can see all that acting in his eyes. Eyes don’t mean what the words are saying! There is a lot of pain in his expressions. Very slight, but you can see he’s struggling with her rejection. And it’s not cos she’s stopped loving him - quite the opposite and he knows it. But as he’d told Wook before, he’s afraid that the more he tries, the more she’ll retreat. In that scene he had come to her drunk. He was responding to her heartbreaking resolve and her answer sobered him up. You could see all the gears in his head cranking up, the disappointment, pain, unwilling acceptance… He was in an absolute daze of painful memories when Wook came back to drive him back. 

Give the man an Emmy!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

20231012-142326-3187.jpg

Mu Jin/Shin Yu ♥ Aeng Cho/Hong Jo

~ Happily Ever After ~

9 hours ago, gilaswan said:

He was. And is. I have to say I like how his overall personality was written. Like his Joseon self, he had this period of aristocratic arrogance, only that in Joseon it did not last long cos he met Aengcho as a child. In modern day Korea, he’s had more years without Hongjo and also grew up under the shadow of the curse.

Hide contents

That prolly taught him how to keep relationships at a distance - he clearly did not want to cower to the pressure of marrying early just to secure a bloodline like what his father wanted. He also saw what a loveless marriage his parents had and that likely turned him off it. I dare say he had no physical nor emotional relationship with anyone prior to Hongjo - he didn’t even want to hold hands with Nayeon; Wook said Hongjo was the first person ever that he said he had a liking for  

So this cool, aloof exterior was very much waiting to be awakened by Hongjo. Even then he keeps it only for her (cut to Octopus cooking scene where he tells her he now realises the power of love and what he will be willing to do for it). But I digress. This cool exterior is also in part that aristocratic nobility that has likely been passed down the generations. And so it remains beneath him to play tit-for-tat with Nayeon and the Mayor. He is aboveboard and uses the law to achieve his ends. So very imperturbable. Absolutely sophisticated. I loved how when Jaegyeong told him to resign, afterall how could he let the man who used to date his daughter but is now dating someone else remain in the organisation, and all Shinyu said in response was, “Mayor’s daughter didn’t date only me.” Netflix Swoon should do cuts of Shinyu and all his swoon worthy clips. So many. My goodness. Be still my beating heart. 

Your character analysis on Shin Yu is on point. The main thing of him with Na Yeon is he never loved her. He was courteous and respectful towards her, but very distant and detached. He wasn't cold towards her like he does with others, but he never let her in, which is why she told Lee Hyun Seo she's lonely. I think his personality also stemmed from the shadow of the curse, which makes him not wanting to be too attached to anything or anyone.

With his parents, I actually think it's not a loveless marriage. Under the expected circumstances of being a descendant of Aristocrat/Noblemen, the family would want his Dad to marry someone of the same social status. But Mum was an actress, so that led me to believe the Dad chased after Mum.

About Cha Eunwoo - nothing against him, but his acting can’t hold a candle against Rowoon. Up to perhaps even The King’s Affection I might even be willing to say yeah…Rowoon is more pretty boy than actor, but after DWY - he’s sealed a place in the Hall of Actors. Firmly moved from Idol to Actor. In fact, because I’ve only ever known him as an actor, I must say I find it intriguing that he was even ever an idol! I cannot imagine Eunwoo taking up this role (voice not deep enough, looks not serious and mature enough). Can you imagine Eunwoo up against Jaegyeong? Naaaah… and Hyunseo? Naaaaaah!!! Besides, Eunwoo is really pretty boy but I think Rowoon has matured into handsome. There is a difference. 😉

I did my homework on both of them (at different time period) after their dramas (Gangnam Beauty and Extraordinary You). It took a while for me to get used to the real Rowoon because I was so used to Haru. He was so different in the BTS that I had trouble adjusting to that already, and imagine watching him being an idol as well. LOL. Eventually I got used to it, and I found his charm on stage and as an actor very different, and he earned my recognition because he wasn't just a pretty face—he was actually good as an idol. Obviously, acting wasn't the strongest at the time, since he was just starting out.

Hahaha, talking about Hyun Seo. I find the dynamics between him and Shin Yu amusing. In the earlier episodes, not sure if you have noticed, there were a lot of shots in which Shin Yu is looking down on others. The fact that Rowoon is so tall (at 190.5 – 192 cm) helped further build that effect of him making people feel inferior or small. Eun Woo and Kim Kwon are reportedly 183 cm. So at best, they would just be glaring at each other at an eye-to-eye level. It wouldn't be as effective as Rowoon vs Kim Kwon. :laugh:

It's not just the voice not deep enough for Eun Woo. It's the diction and line delivery. I am watching and observing his acting in the new drama, I still think his diction is not clear and his intonation is quite flat. Rowoon's diction has improved over the years (Where Stars Land vs She Would Neve Know onwards). His intonation or line delivery were on point against the emotions of the characters. I'm not even sure if Eun Woo plays Shin Yu, we would be seeing this many facets and layers of Shin Yu.

Thanks for the clips! This ☝🏻! I love because you can see all that acting in his eyes. Eyes don’t mean what the words are saying! There is a lot of pain in his expressions. Very slight, but you can see he’s struggling with her rejection. And it’s not cos she’s stopped loving him - quite the opposite and he knows it. But as he’d told Wook before, he’s afraid that the more he tries, the more she’ll retreat. In that scene he had come to her drunk. He was responding to her heartbreaking resolve and her answer sobered him up. You could see all the gears in his head cranking up, the disappointment, pain, unwilling acceptance… He was in an absolute daze of painful memories when Wook came back to drive him back. 

Give the man an Emmy!

One of the things I love about Rowoon is his eyes and his ability to act with his eyes. I have high recognition with actors who could act with their eyes. The part where he said, “I understand” — there were tears in his left eye. Argh, I'm feeling the pain too just from reading the bit you said about him being afraid the more he tries, the more she'll retreat!

Unfortunately, the drama isn't popular in Korea and the ratings at best is only 3.1%. I am not sure if he'd be recognised for his acting here, but I would be delighted to see him nominated for a Baeksang next year.

What irony? What happened? Did not impact him negatively right?

He wasn't really treated as an actor before*. He's always tagged as an “idol actor”. And as the “face” of SF9, like Eun Woo, both of them are tasked to promote the group by participating in more activities, including acting. In addition to having a back injury, and juggling with acting, he sat out a lot of SF9's activities. Fans became unhappy. It's been going on for a while that fans/Netizens complained he might as well leave the group. Then it was officially announced on Sep 18, in the midst of this drama airing, that he would go solo. When you said you recognised him as an actor, the irony is that this just officially became his only job, so he has to do it well. Well, OK, he doesn't—he could live off doing CF and endorsements if he wants.

It has some negative impact. Some fans expected it. Some wish him well, and some were being negative/nasty about it. You know, Netizens are never nice. It also didn't help that on the same day FNC announced his departure (in a very unclear, indirect way too), they also announced that both SF9 and Rowoon will participate in the FNC family performances in December. Fans had been wanting to see all the members perform together, and it's like sprinkling salt on the wound that Rowoon would be there, but not performing with/as SF9, you know what I mean?

*The difference of being an official actor is huge by his agency. The moment he went solo, there is more coverage and promotion on him:

• More updates of him on FNC's Naver blog.

• A personal BTS video of him on FNC's YouTube.

• He's now being promoted under FNC Actor Twitter handle.

• Personal official fan club (Daum).

• Personal official Japanese fan club.

• Fan meetings already booked in for Japan on Dec 24.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Shocked 1

I'm on ep.12 now. It's actually not bad because of the mystery and past live connection. I always love some mysteries to a story.

I think this will become my favourite drama of Rowoon to date because he looks super duper dashing here, always in suits and long coats :wow: But not only that. This is the one drama where he is really at the helm of it. His past dramas somehow had the feel that he's riding on some other sunbae's coattails. This is the one drama where you can really see that he's the one leading it, even with JBA who has more experiences in main role. 

I am just watching for his story only though. Sad to say that I'm not enjoying the pairing as much as I expect to, because I have big issue with the styling of Hong Jo's bangs. Really dislike the almost-curly-but-not-curly bangs, if you know what I mean. At the scene in ep.12, where Shin Yu was helping Hong Jo with her bleeding palm, she looks so great there with the straight bangs. Anyway, I also don't enjoy the toxic colleagues at all. Thought their relationship would be better down the road, like maybe they'll get on her side, but no, her colleagues remain so unlikeable up to ep.12. Will this change at all? If not, then I think this will be the first drama I watched where a FL is never accepted into the team. Also the story of her male and female supervisor, does it have anything to do with the main story? If not, it's really just so unnecessary... 

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

26 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think this will become my favourite drama of Rowoon to date because he looks super duper dashing here, always in suits and long coats :wow: But not only that. This is the one drama where he is really at the helm of it. His past dramas somehow had the feel that he's riding on some other sunbae's coattails. This is the one drama where you can really see that he's the one leading it, even with JBA who has more experiences in main role. 

Ooh! Nice that you're progressing nicely with the watch! And exactly this! I totally agree that this is has firmly placed him on my list of Leading Men to watch. His role in the other shows were a little more forgettable. I too thought he did better than JBA in this. Like you - I too wasn't quite so invested in them as an OTP at the start, but as the show progressed, I did find their relationship to be really believable (unlike for My Lovely Liar where I've said before - cute couple, but emm... yeah, that was about it). And yes, I agree with you on JBA's styling for this show. I don't like her cockroach-feeler bangs (they really annoyed me), and her fashion in episodes 1 and 2 was ok, but after that it really deteriorated. I found what they put her in really frumpy looking. Like, I know she's supposed to be a simple girl, but do her clothes need to look so bad? And those high boots... no. Just no... Aiyoh. I do think Rowoon's Shinyu saved her in more ways than one. 

@mademoiselleand I also did not like her colleagues. Even though the end tied up nicely, I felt it just wasn't enough to redeem them though. And the Ma-Gong story... I don't even know why it was there. Even the episode 16 cat-fight. Like... why? Wasted air time. So many other more interesting side characters they could have chosen to develop. Even if it was to develop the relationship between Hongjo and her teammates would've been better than Ma-Gong loveline...

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

And as the “face” of SF9, like Eun Woo, both of them are tasked to promote the group by participating in more activities, including acting.

I had no idea that's what it meant to be the "face" of an idol group! I always wondered what they meant when they said that so-and-so was "in charge" of the visuals. But doesn't this mean they have more opportunities than their other teammates to make it big(ger)? Aiyoh... But Rowoon has proven himself finally. The description of what he's had to go through though is just very sad. Korean community is just so harsh. Ridiculously harsh. 

I also think it's sad the drama didn't seem to do so well back home, but I hope he's being appreciated for being popular outside the country. International community is clearly loving him/them - the number of views some of the YouTube edits have racked up! Wow! And speaking of YT edits - there was a FMV of their first few episode encounters made to the back group of Until I Found You by Stephen Sanchez (love the song!). I wish someone would do an updated one to the song of them right through to the end of ep 16.

And I agree! There is advantage to his height! But you know, Rowoon isn't just tall. I mean, there are many tall guys, but some of them are too skinny tall. Rowoon is proportionately tall. He's not "all legs". Until someone else stands next to him, you don't actually get the impression he is that tall. He really looks good. Proportionately. Hahaha... 

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

but as the show progressed, I did find their relationship to be really believable

I like the way their relationship developed too, especially given that it was not clear whether his feelings for her is real or because of the spell. I've been wondering how this problem will be solved and it actually got resolved quite naturally in my opinion. I have to say I did experience a little SLS though, haha.... 

"frumpy" ~ that's a great word to describe the (mis)styling... 

51 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Rowoon is proportionately tall. He's not "all legs". Until someone else stands next to him, you don't actually get the impression he is that tall. He really looks good. Proportionately. Hahaha... 

:wow:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Ep.13 hurts so good... watching Rowoon Shin Yu in pain because of the break up. Made you want to reach into the screen and hug him. I cried with him. I think this is one of the best ML written in dramas. I like that he's smart and assertive in handling things. Got to say the drama has some great lines for the ML. Can't say the same thing for the FL's action though. Now I know what @gilaswan mean about Shin Yu "saved her more ways than one". How can the FL be written so poorly? Urgh, almost made me feel that she doesn't deserve Shin Yu... okay okay, it's not that bad, but really, I dislike seeing how stupid/slow some of her actions are... Like, what's so difficult in answering a call when the doorbell rings? It's something that you can do at the same time. If not, the person at the door can wait. Answer that call first. And you've just got the scare of your life minutes ago at your own home. Why do you even need to bother about opening the door when it's not even your home? How important could that visitor be? A visitor who doesn't want to show the face, mind you! Urgh.... Well of course I know the plot requires her to go out so she can find the injured Shin Yu... but... if she had answered his call earlier, then it's not necessary!.... I know, I know it's to move the drama forward....

Back to the bangs... I just remembered I had the very same complaint about about that bell-shaped parting in another drama ~ The Present is Beautiful ~ for actress Shin Dong Mi's character in the earlier episodes. O yes, it's an eye-sore for me. Probably it will suit some people's facial features, but I for sure haven't seen one yet. 

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

I really like the way the OTP's love story is written, be it the present or past life, especially of course the way they connect the present and past story. Also enjoyed JBA's acting as Aeng Cho. Maybe it's the absence of the bangs... hahaha, just kidding... I do like JBA since the first time I watched her in All About My Mom. She can act, just as long as she doesn't glare too often, haha.

I can say for sure now that this is my favourite drama of Rowoon, even though I haven't seen the ending yet. Hopefully it's not a train wreck? 

Not going to mention some poor directing/editing anymore. Will just try to erase it from my mind. 

On 10/16/2023 at 8:56 AM, gilaswan said:

He was. And is. I have to say I like how

his overall personality was written. Like his Joseon self, he had this period of aristocratic arrogance, only that in Joseon it did not last long cos he met Aengcho as a child. In modern day Korea, he’s had more years without Hongjo and also grew up under the shadow of the curse.

Reveal hidden contents

So this cool, aloof exterior was very much waiting to be awakened by Hongjo. Even then he keeps it only for her (cut to Octopus cooking scene where he tells her he now realises the power of love and what he will be willing to do for it). But I digress. This cool exterior is also in part that aristocratic nobility that has likely been passed down the generations. And so it remains beneath him to play tit-for-tat with Nayeon and the Mayor. He is aboveboard and uses the law to achieve his ends. So very imperturbable. Absolutely sophisticated. I loved how when Jaegyeong told him to resign, afterall how could he let the man who used to date his daughter but is now dating someone else remain in the organisation, and all Shinyu said in response was, “Mayor’s daughter didn’t date only me.” Netflix Swoon should do cuts of Shinyu and all his swoonworthy clips. So many. My goodness. Be still my beating heart. 

Love what you've written about Shin Yu 

I haven't had time to read back on all the previous posts on the thread. Trying to avoid spoilers of the ending. Soon, soon...

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Ep.13 hurts so good... watching Rowoon Shin Yu in pain because of the break up. Made you want to reach into the screen and hug him. I cried with him. I think this is one of the best ML written in dramas. I like that he's smart and assertive in handling things. Got to say the drama has some great lines for the ML. Can't say the same thing for the FL's action though.

Yes right? I usually hate angst of any kind (i'm bad with melodramas - very little patience for it since life is dramatic enough), but the pain that he had to go through and how he portrayed it just drew me in with the character. I felt his pain and wanted to cry with him (cos I'm annoyingly stoic that way and have forgotten how to cry with screen characters) - so anyone that can make me want to cry deserves an award. FL on the other hand... not that she's stupid or unthinking, but some of her actions just seemed like a product of poor directing because it did not seem like (a) a logical thing to do, nor (b) something she would do. 

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

And you've just got the scare of your life minutes ago at your own home.

Exactly this. A bit more to come. Tell me if you pick it up later @ktcjdrama. There could've been smarter ways for the plot to be advanced such that Shinyu still gets stabbed, or for her to not answer the call, for example (and obviously) she's taking a shower to calm herself down after the event. Can't drama characters be more real than stupid?

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1