Destined With You 이 연애는 불가항력 [2023]

379846784-846112793551200-84616775857525

I was rewatching E9-10 of this scene. I was deciphering Shin Yu's emotions/expression here because he looks sad. But why is he looking sad?

On 10/20/2023 at 11:53 PM, gilaswan said:

Exactly right? Either a wardrobe error, or he bought spares for her to change into in anticipation, or she already had spares placed in his house, which makes ep 15’s choice of wearing his work shirt (“take your time to change”) all the more sus :smug:which we love, cos we’re just busy filling up the gaps now. Hahahaha…

I want to give them a benefit of a doubt and say wardrobe error, just because, before this scene, Hong Jo asked Shin Yu about his house's pass code being the same. That means, before that, she hasn't spent overnight at his place. What I've noticed about them is, since Day 1, they've never spent a night together by sleeping in separate beds. LOL. Most of the time, Kdramas will show ML being a gentleman (not that Shin Yu isn't!) and will sleep on the sofa.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1

I had to prepare food, and was so quiet so I put the drama on. I usually watch Netflix using my PC monitor so I didn't realise how good Rowoon looks on big screen! 😍😍😍

So handsome. The octopus 🐙 cling is coming up! ❤️

===

P.S. By the way, I also like Rowoon in his military Joseon look

DWY221.gif

And especially this too, not sure what they call this kind of style?

DWY160.gif

Edited by mademoiselle

@mademoiselle I like Shinyu the Lawyer look. Very dapper. Hahahaha… I have to say I prefer my men with short hair, so while Rowoon looks all modelly with his long hair at CK, it’s not doing it for me… hahaha… 

And the archery attire is a field attire I think. They wear it when out hunting.

Must say Rowoon looks good whatever he wears, including in period attire. That said, I’m not so sure about his upcoming rom-com… but watching it for sure. He’s quite busy this year, aye?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

@mademoiselle I like Shinyu the Lawyer look. Very dapper. Hahahaha… I have to say I prefer my men with short hair, so while Rowoon looks all modelly with his long hair at CK, it’s not doing it for me… hahaha… 

And the archery attire is a field attire I think. They wear it when out hunting.

Must say Rowoon looks good whatever he wears, including in period attire. That said, I’m not so sure about his upcoming rom-com… but watching it for sure. He’s quite busy this year, aye?

Yeah, I like Rowoon's hair neat & tidy too. Sunbae and DWY's styles are the best and my fave for him.

He's actually natural curly hair 😅 so if he doesn't straighten, it can look messy. Current long hair is not doing it for me as well, but he did a GQ photoshoot, it looks good – gave a different vibe, so I'll give him that. After this, I do hope he cuts it!

Agreed. He looked good in Goryeo attire too (EY) and when I wasn't sure if Joseon attire suited him, he looked amazing in King's Affection. And now this military and field attires. 😍 What else have we not seen him in? OH YES! A Crown Prince or King's costumes! I think he will look dashing as Crown Prince in his 192cm height because Moon Sang Min looked good in it in The Queen's Umbrella (they are about the same height). I wouldn't mind he does a Goryeo period drama in future, except this time, let his hair down – yeah, I just want to see.

The Matchmakers? Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll like the upcoming drama either. He wanted to do comedy, so this is another comical one. As it's probably a fusion modern kind, I hope it won't be too bad or ridiculous.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
On 10/22/2023 at 7:37 AM, mademoiselle said:

379846784-846112793551200-84616775857525

I was rewatching E9-10 of this scene. I was deciphering Shin Yu's emotions/expression here because he looks sad. But why is he looking sad?

I don’t think he was sad per se, but he was certainly filled with many emotions, not least those he carried over from his memories of Mu-jin with Aeng-cho on the same bridge when he told her to run away with him. At that time it was because his father had threatened him with her life, so he was certainly sad. In the present, I reckon those feelings stemming from the knowledge he had of the past carried into the present - he knew things she did not yet know, and it was probably both overwhelming and confusing at the same time. I don’t see it as sadness. More weariness I think. He knew he would have to break the engagement with Nayeon which he had not yet done so. He still had to face his parents about that. He was still recovering, being freshly discharged from the hospital… many emotions. 

Hongjo too had that look of uncertainty and weariness in her eyes actually. 

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I don’t think he was sad per se, but he was certainly filled with many emotions, not least those he carried over from his memories of Mu-jin with Aeng-cho on the same bridge when he told her to run away with him. At that time it was because his father had threatened him with her life, so he was certainly sad. In the present, I reckon those feelings stemming from the knowledge he had of the past carried into the present - he knew things she did not yet know, and it was probably both overwhelming and confusing at the same time. I don’t see it as sadness. More weariness I think. He knew he would have to break the engagement with Nayeon which he had not yet done so. He still had to face his parents about that. He was still recovering, being freshly discharged from the hospital… many emotions. 

Hongjo too had that look of uncertainty and weariness in her eyes actually. 

This. Makes me wish I could hug him, hahaha! But agree with the emotions' bit stemming from not only his own, but the knowledge of it being of Mu Jin's as well—which led to why he said “spell or no spell, I love you”. *SWOOOOON*

Aish. I miss my boy as Shin Yu.

@ktcjdrama We have new badges if you are interested. I didn't expect we'll get this many, but Imma not complaining ☺️🤭

RW-05.gif.d86ed47e12d963cd74e7bacea8ca64RW-04.gif.d7caf7d422d573a035108da13b1a82RW-03.gif.285fa44da6c4b05574f0148cdce348RW-02.gif.3204897bf364c591d9e7f8c125fc8aRW-01.gif.9178cb971f7cdc3472aadc7673df78

Too bad @abs-oluteM's mum isn't here. Else I'd be selling these to her too. 😆

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

@gilaswan Since you are rewatching, do you happen to know which episode this scene is from? I'm still collecting GIFs as I come across it, but I can't identify this one!

img-014.gif

Gosh, I just randomly picked an episode to replay (ep.4), and I'm all fawning over this cold/funny Shin Yu. Haha. I really like the part where she was flabbergasted at what happened and was squatting on the ground looking at him like this 😟, and he frowns and said “Don't like at me like that, it makes my heart flutters”. Hahahaha! And he makes my heart flutters!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

@mademoiselle I'm definitely not over Jang Shinyu. I'm still trying to like Rowoon's new character. A bit of a bumbling idiot, that one. Hahaha...

:lmao2: Yeah, I can't disagree. I was disappointed he's so delicate, so much so that he's scared of dogs. Sigh. Rowoon is banned from doing sageuk if he keeps doing delicate Joseon nobleman. Gimme a Jang Mu Jin, thank you very much.

14-0.gif

I can't say I think this action scene is superb, because I think it could have been better, but it's not bad and at least the boy looks great in the skirt. I did like that sliding across bit. Hahaha!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...