Destined With You 이 연애는 불가항력 [2023]

33 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha it's quite creepy, but I like seeing it brings Shin Yu pain and yeah, it does look like he's been sexually harrassed. And hence, the fans wanna be the hand :lmao2:

I think real hand because (1) Rowoon updated a bts photo of him filming (2) the real hand would help him act out the scene more naturally

Spoiler

F4anqRkbkAAa7cA?format=jpg&name=large

I saw some comments online saying this whole thing must be CG coz the bloody hand is too messy to clean up but looks like it's also real because see pic in spoiler.

Spoiler

F4anp4jbkAAxJv1?format=jpg&name=large

By the way, guys. I love this expression. Feels like a useful meme. 😆

Rowoon: I'm judging you...

DWY22.gif

source: R_WGIF

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Did you like his Chaebol style and 3-piece suit?

Not bad, apart from the relatively heavily made-up face for a guy. I swear when I scrutinise, there may even be some eye shadow!

17 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@mademoiselle ok the curse can stay longer for the sake of the storyline. But seriously, those bloody hands r disgusting! I dont see it as creepy or painful. It feels like he got sexually harrassed by that. Oh poor SY! 

I was wondering how they make the scene of the hands groping. Don't tell me that they r real hands, I mean someone is really groping at him??? No right? It might be just the CGI. Thinking of it makes me annoyed. 

You sound like a jealous girlfriend 😂

So far the 2 episodes were watchable although with some ffwd of the FL's scenes. This spell book, you have to burn the page to cast the spell - so only 1 chance 😮

• Haha 3

Behind the Scenes

2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Not bad, apart from the relatively heavily made-up face for a guy. I swear when I scrutinise, there may even be some eye shadow!

HAHAHAHA! Don't scrutinise anymore. You'll shift my focus on the wrong thing. But I think it's the post-editing coz if you watch the BTS, his lips aren't red at all.

Tell you something funny... last week I was watching Hidden Love in 4K (sitting right in front of my monitor too). It was that scene where he tricked Sang Zhi into thinking he kissed her cheek when it's just his finger and I was smiling until I saw...

Spoiler

... a strand of nose hair sticking out of Chen Zhe Yuan's nose. :lmao2: It totally ruin the whole viewing pleasure. Sometimes, 4K is really not that great coz you see their real complexion and too much details. You want to see a screenshot? LOL

2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

So far the 2 episodes were watchable although with some ffwd of the FL's scenes. This spell book, you have to burn the page to cast the spell - so only 1 chance

I thought of the same thing as well. I was thinking, just in case, shouldn't she at least make another copy? But the spell book did specify that only Aeng Soo and the "person" she chose can use this spell book.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1

@mademoiselle Hahahaha, yikes that's gross. Yes send me a screenshot. Does that make you want to change your DP back to Rowoon lol?

16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I thought of the same thing as well. I was thinking, just in case, shouldn't she at least make another copy? But the spell book did specify that only Aeng Soo and the "person" she chose can use this spell book.

Can use as in only they can benefit or they can use it to benefit others? For example, can they use a spell to cure someone else (not the 2 of them)? I was thinking this whole family is cursed, don't they need an unlimited supply of healing spells?

• Haha 1

@Chocolate You say gross but still wanna see? I really shouldn't ruin Chen Zhe Yuan's image, but... :laugh:. Nah, he's still good looking as my DP. I'm looking for a new Rowoon's DP. I'm picky...

Spoiler

https://i.postimg.cc/SsZBpGSk/Screenshot-2023-08-29-180122.png

It's just a bit sticking out... but still the "beautiful image" is a bit tainted.

8 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Can use as in only they can benefit or they can use it to benefit others? For example, can they use a spell to cure someone else (not the 2 of them)? I was thinking this whole family is cursed, don't they need an unlimited supply of healing spells?

Can use as in the spell will only work if that chosen one cast it. I honestly do not think that disease curing spell will work on Shin Yu because what he and his family have is not a real disease but a curse. We'll find out next episode because it looks like Hong Jo was casting a spell on Shin Yu.

• Haha 1

Episode 3

You guys need to excuse me for I think every week I'll be screaming OMFG, ROWOON IS SO BEAUTIFUL! :wow:  Fringe up or fringe down, suit or casual — he looks sooooo damn good. I am dyinggggg for more. :Rip:

So do we think the curse is now gone? I doubt it and I knew the drama wasn't going to tell us whether he's cured/lifted the curse immediately. I didn't expect we're going to see Shin Yu going ga-ga at Hong Jo so early to be honest, but I liked that it makes the stake higher and to the conflicts later. I also liked that he figures out/knows he drank the love potion. It'll be fun watching him do a lot of things against his better judgement next. Hahaha! I actually love to see more of him feeling the effect of the love potion and trying to resist it and continue to be prickly yet can't. According to Shin Yu, Kwon Jae Kyung also drank the love potion too. Yikes. I was hoping he didn't so he could pair up with Na Yeon later. I can't believe, again, to perform the spell you have to burn the page! This once-off use spell is a bit stupid. What if after giving away, she herself needs to cure a disease too? Curious what the Shaman would say on breaking the spell...

Yes @Alice Wonderland, the scene of Haru helping Dan Oh with the umbrella was very iconic that many have pointed it out on SNS. There are a lot of palpitating scenes that can be done due to Rowoon's height difference with his female co-stars. Gaaah. He is just so so so shuai! I'm so happy he'll grace our screen twice (he's got another out soon right after this one ends). Ma boy needs to act more. I love watching him on my screen.

I don't think Team Leader drank the love potion. It'd be weird he drinks from someone else's tumbler.

P.S. Anyone understands the I Am Groot reference? And how did Hong Jo knows he doesn't eat that veggie?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Episode 4

"Take responsibility"

"Dugun dugun"

"Get a grip, Jang Shin Yu!"

:lmao2:

Above are some of the lines that really entertained me!

It had been a joyride watching Rowoon switched between being prickly and an infactuated puppy. Rowoon is totally nailing the character. He has a lot of cheesy, long lines in this episode, and he delivers all of them very well. In C-entertainment, there is a saying that good looking celebs have idol burden where they must uphold their "good" image. Yet he's not afraid of embarrassing scenes such as withholding his pee by wiggling his body in a 3 piece suit! I look forward to more of this conflicting emotions/expressions, but I also want to see some brooding and pain scenes.

I love that Shin Yu is aware he's under a love spell because he's resisting it, but also gives in to it which makes it hilarious . Main plot wise, not much movement yet but it's still early and it is right to focus more on the OTP connecting and getting to know each other. It's also funny that the roles are switched because usually it's the female lead that exasperated the male lead more so than the opposite.

This episode we also get a glimpse into how the Jang family interacts, and it's quite cute! Not sure why the mum complains so much of his dad. The fact that Shin Yu is already 33 and his parents still look so young hinted they must have married early due to the curse and the burden of producing an heir as early as possible in case he dies. In spite of the curse, I do think they are a loving and caring bunch. If Shin Yu hadn't been plagued by the curse, he would have been a more cheerful guy. So in this instance, a lonely person who craves love such as Hong Jo would fit well in this family. I can just imagine Hong Jo and Shin Yu's mum hitting it off right away.

I thought Shin Yu was so in love that he moved to Hong Jo's area and surprised it turned out to be Kwon Jae Kyung. Not sure why Shin Yu thinks Jae Kyung likes Hong Jo but it's clear now that he didn't drink the love potion. He's not as coolio as he appears at work due to his dad. He comes across as someone who might be ambitious for success due to growing up being poor and having to work hard for everything, so he and Na Yeon will be a better pairing because they look like a couple that would sacrifice true happiness for good living/outlook.

I'm warming up to Jo Bo Ah as well. This episode is really fun to watch and it seems like the actors themselves are having fun playing the characters.

1bdf709b51ecde18614ffb80b46312d9ad65d164

5ca74de75e7e45428a8e5c1d222d58eadc94e16d

@SilverMoonTea :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

All the quirky, cute scenes :LaxEat:

1b7b021c07e457b088562febf68d6ea8f9a114a0b5347d55324a1860171bd938765e2b73760d8ed3

@SilverMoonTea it's so funny seeing him with a straight, serious face telling her "don't make that face, my heart flutters". :lmao2: I need moreeee.

2ec354abc5ae4354f331bbe89de26b89172a078039503c709041c1dd52df4316c55180f81236ace3

I honestly did not expect to see Rowoon goes to the extent of doing this wanting to pee scene :lmao2:

Spoiler

c09cc67651b81f5188db63f1fdf450248b1cc1b2bcfa379ff7d074c4fe1aea065e9afa153e9b7927

Spoiler

50a751d40736516f8f83c24f555793ec566f86b91a348adbcd71e488023664f9df20473c4248cb7b

I am already looking forward to a BTS of Rowoon getting goosebump saying the below dialogue HAHAHA!

957ba7ee036b6bae6e0298ca6ed2ac0efd5e16d60a9c6d2edb2d8e2ceb68fae5fd75d74f3dacb98f

c1ddfcdaa1085657637cd891d8216ac84525d3bedabbab33e8d9746aea294eb824bc23f820b333d8

c9825ac9322a3f977e0126fbced9ccb4ea90e265bec1773722e52eca7435b1c728e40b00cfb6a2c9

fc09366af8a259310b51b37d4c57384d0584d3510b98cdea9d2404460d687fc2b4266652a161f2eb

• Haha 2

Since @Chocolate mentioned about how bright his lipstick color was I started getting distracted to notice it whenever his lips got a close shot. It's indeed looking too much, lols. But even so, he's still handsome.

I hope HJ won't fall for him too fast, I mean it was fun seeing him chasing her like that. He knows he likes her because of the potion. So he is like into two modes all the time, real SY and in love SY. I don't like the set up actually, I mean if he falls for her like that how do they explain that the feeling is real later since he is under the love spell. And nothing can be done to undo it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve added this to my week’s watch so there’s something for most nights in the week. :D

It’s an interesting storyline so far. I also find it very funny that he’s very aware that he’s under a spell because clearly there’s some kind of dissonance between where logic resides and everything else instinctive. I wonder if he’s aware because (clearly) he is familiar with shamanism and folk spells. Would the other guy have been as aware if he had been the one to drink the potion? And everyone else who might have had a sip?

I am now very curious about the Shaman Halmoni though. Clearly Shin Yu’s family is taking care of her, and in quite the upscale home for the elderly too. Question is who is she to the family and what the origin of this curse is. Why is it also that dad seems to have survived the curse but possibly not him?

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 9/5/2023 at 5:26 PM, gilaswan said:

I’ve added this to my week’s watch so there’s something for most nights in the week. :D

It’s an interesting storyline so far. I also find it very funny that he’s very aware that he’s under a spell because clearly there’s some kind of dissonance between where logic resides and everything else instinctive. I wonder if he’s aware because (clearly) he is familiar with shamanism and folk spells. Would the other guy have been as aware if he had been the one to drink the potion? And everyone else who might have had a sip?

I am now very curious about the Shaman Halmoni though. Clearly Shin Yu’s family is taking care of her, and in quite the upscale home for the elderly too. Question is who is she to the family and what the origin of this curse is. Why is it also that dad seems to have survived the curse but possibly not him?

Oh yay! One new customer. Hahaha! Episode 4 is the funniest thus far. Personally I think he's aware because he knows Hong Jo used the spell and believes in all the shamanism and curse etc. The others probably won't be aware and also don't think anyone else drank it. If they did, they would have gone ga-ga like Shin Yu towards Hong Jo and no one did.

It seems like the curse plagued the men in the family differently. The old man who appeared at the funeral were blind (that could be his curse) and they all seem to avoid drinking alcohol. Shin Yu's condition was not curable, but his father's is.

• Haha 3