Destined With You 이 연애는 불가항력 [2023]

Episode 1

A promising beginning for me. No FF, no losing concentration and Rowoon is so beautiful I couldn't tear my eyes away from the screen. The story-telling is quite engaging. It's the first time I see Rowoon plays a chaebol and lawyer. As a lawyer, he dresses very well in 3-piece suits! BONUS! However beautiful as he is on the outside, he is often visited by a bloody red hand that would touch his hand, body and caress his face. He seems to be used to it and even talks to the hand. It's unclear whenever the hand visits it would give him immerse pain or the pain only begins recently. From a western point of view, the doctor declares his condition as a genetic disorder informing him there is an abnormality in his left brain causing trembling in his right hand and giving him migraine. He has to be careful not to be too stressed else he'd get a stroke, but he and we know there is a curse in the family. I'm surprised to see actor Lee Pil Mo plays Rowoon's father. Hehe. I wonder if his father also gets visited by the red hand too.

As a lawyer, Shin Yu is cutthroat and cold but he is sweet to his mother. He is polite to his girlfriend, Na Yeon played by Yura but distant. Their exchange clue us in that he doesn't appear to love or adore her. Meanwhile Jo Bo Ah who plays Lee Hong Joo seems to be a bit of a trouble maker at her workplace, and is being excluded by her team that she feels lonely. She has a crush on second male lead Kwon Jae Gyung played by Ha Joon.

A fame influencer died in a shrine. The deceased's parents complained to the city hall demanding the demolition of the shrine. Hong Joo who works at the city hall and she handles the case. The land where the shrine located now belongs to Shin Yu. His father expected him to restore the shrine but little did they know the person they entrusted to restore it never did it and this unfortunate death happened. The shrine belongs to a Shaman named Eun Wol and Hong Joo has to get her permission to demolish the house. Surprisingly, the Shaman allowed it upon meeting Hong Joo. Disbelief, Shin Yu visited Eun Wol and she told him the person whom he killed has appeared. Hong Joo is the owner of the wooden box. After tearing down the shrine, Shin Yu finds a wooden box hidden under the ground.

Look forward to the next episode and finding out what happened in the past that caused the curse. From the preview trailers, Hong Joo and Shin Yu appeared to be lovers but why/how did he ended up killing her...? I wasn't very sure of Jo Bo Ah pairing up with Rowoon, but first episode the visuals look quite ok.

@Alice Wonderland I also wanna go to the teahouse with this Grim Reaper. Hahahaha! I do like the reference to Grim Reaper since Rowoon played one in his last drama. But yes! Goodness, he is so heavenly beautiful except sometimes his under eyes gave it away that he's tired. Maybe the Jia Xu Ge's curse will be lifted when this is airing! Hahaha!

Episode 2 Pre-release

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Rowoon is so beautiful I couldn't tear my eyes away from the screen.

I asked my mother for a review of the first episode ...and all she said was he is cursed but he's so handsome. :laugh:

Once I play catch up on my other dramas , I will start this. 

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 8/25/2023 at 1:06 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I asked my mother for a review of the first episode ...and all she said was he is cursed but he's so handsome. :laugh:

Once I play catch up on my other dramas , I will start this. 

Your mother is 100% correct on that. He is indeed very handsome in episode 1. Nice hair nice suit for one whole hour 😆

Rowoon's IG Update

Spoiler

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3

Episode 2

Shin Yu passes the wooden box to Hong Jo and requests she calls him when she opens the box. The two bicker so much this whole episode yet there are moments where Shin Yu, even though still acting cold, is actually softening up to her especially when he is reminded of her being "alone", "has no family" or "no one has ever been nice to her".

Despite the curse, I think Shin Yu does grew up in a rather loving family. His dad is deeply concerned of his health. His mum loves him. And Kwon Jae Gyung did hinted Shin Yu had a good college life. Due to the curse, the Jang family's men seem to be required to marry young. Shin Yu's mother seem quite childish and young, and didn't want him to be married yet. She doesn't seem to know the curse based on her conversation with the husband.

I just love how tall Rowoon is. He just naturally stands out during that walk through the hallway at the funeral without the camera needing to specifically make any adjustment to make him stands out. And then that scene where the already quite tall Kim Kwon (183cm) was belittling him, because of Rowoon's height, he still towers over Kim Kwon (Lee Hyun Seo) and giving that awesome visual effect and deepen the impact that he could stare down to a VVIP asshole client without a squirm. LOL. Obviously, his own background is strong enough that he need not fear.

img.gif

Kwon Jae Gyung scouted Shin Yu to be the legal advisor of Onju City Hall, so there he goes working in the same building with Hong Jo. These two have a bit of a weird relationship in episode 2 in the sense that Shin Yu interacts with Hong Jo a lot due to the box, but they also have a couple of antagonistic moments due to Na Yeon.

As for the wooden box, in it rest a spell box written by a shaman named Aeng Cho. She is a shaman who was killed by a man named Jang Mu Jin. Eugh, "Jang"... must be Shin Yu's ancestor that is why the family is cursed. Hong Jo finds the spell book funny but not Shin Yu. He sees a disease curing spell, and asks Hong Jo to grant him one of the spells, but not specify he wants which one yet. I like the acting in this scene from Rowoon. There's a mix of seriousness, sincerity, sadness, desperation and begging in his tone and expression.

Hong Jo became the joke at work when her confession towards Jae Gyung was publicized. She then turns to the spell book for the love potion. Whilst she's preparing the spell/love potion, Shin Yu suffers another episode of curse whilst he was driving.

img.gif

I'm surprised @Tofu didn't get creep out by this?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

OST Line Up

169268827964e45f978a684.jpg

L to R (1st): Park Won, Hun Jung Yang, Jae Man, Jeong Hyo Bin

L to R (2nd): Seo Ki, Lyn, Noeul and Boramiyu.

The OST of "Destined With You" will first be released by Park Won, an emotional ballad singer with a delicate voice. Next, emerging musicians such as Hun Jung-yang, who will deliver cozy emotions with acoustic sounds. Jae-man, a versatile all-rounder singer-songwriter with unrivaled sensibility, and Jeong Hyo-bin, dubbed the next generation ballad goddess, will appear.

In addition, Seo Ki, who showed unrivaled sensibility as the 64th singer in "Sing Again 2," the group Noeul, and Boramiyu with a unique pure and sweet tone have confirmed their participation in the OST. Also Lyn will sing two songs with different moods that will complete the narratives of the two main characters with deep emotions.

• Like 2

I have watched all episodes. So far okay. I like the mystery they have and since they r nit couple yet. Plus the guy chases the girl first. So it is interesting. I like SY but I dont feel much for the female lead. Especially the part she gets blushed litterally is quite annoying. I don't know it was supposed to be cute right but I find it embarassing. I was wonder what is that bloody hands that keep groping on him. This is also distubing. So I wish he could get the cure to his curse and get rid of that disgusting hands!

Whoaa.. he looks so handsome in that pink, I hate guys wear pink but he's an exception. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Wait, what is this?! I haven't watched episode two yet, so I haven't seen it! :psweatduck:

Nah, if you are ok with the hand in episode 1 then you should be ok for episode 2.

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I have watched all episodes. So far okay. I like the mystery they have and since they r nit couple yet. Plus the guy chases the girl first. So it is interesting. I like SY but I dont feel much for the female lead. Especially the part she gets blushed litterally is quite annoying. I don't know it was supposed to be cute right but I find it embarassing. I was wonder what is that bloody hands that keep groping on him. This is also distubing. So I wish he could get the curse to his cirse and get rid of that disgusting hands!

Whoaa.. he looks so handsome in that pink, I hate guys wear pink but he's an exception. 

I'm opposite. I want the curse to stay with him longer coz I want to see him do pain and it is too easy way out if so soon his curse is lifted. The curse is supposedly feel like he was touched and then when that happens, he gets burning pain. It's funny, the social media is exploding with the hand, saying that scene with the hand was sensual 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

@mademoiselle ok the curse can stay longer for the sake of the storyline. But seriously, those bloody hands r disgusting! I dont see it as creepy or painful. It feels like he got sexually harrassed by that. Oh poor SY! 

I was wondering how they make the scene of the hands groping. Don't tell me that they r real hands, I mean someone is really groping at him??? No right? It might be just the CGI. Thinking of it makes me annoyed. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@mademoiselle ok the curse can stay longer for the sake of the storyline. But seriously, those bloody hands r disgusting! I dont see it as creepy or painful. It feels like he got sexually harrassed by that. Oh poor SY! 

Hahahaha it's quite creepy, but I like seeing it brings Shin Yu pain and yeah, it does look like he's been sexually harrassed. And hence, the fans wanna be the hand :lmao2:

• Haha 3