13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

What is drama that are 1:50?

Queen of Tears is 1 hour and 50 minutes long  
Correction each episode is 1 hour and 20 minutes long.

The weekend is taking to long to come

• Like 5

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

On 4/11/2024 at 8:41 AM, mademoiselle said:

I don't think Hyun Woo was really after her will. When Grace told him Hae In didn't leave him anything in her will, I believe he felt hurt and more disappointment. They married for love; she promised she won't make him cry. His disappointment with Hae In grew as we saw from his perspective, she didn't support/back him up when her family was bullying him. The will strengthen his belief she doesn't love him (=supported by his outburst what they said in the interview is all a lie). He also believes he doesn't love her anymore. In his shoes, it's not unreasonable for him to think he deserves something from her will. Maybe think about it from a daughter-in-law's perspective instead. She's told she inherit a dime after all the sacrifices and contribution to the family in the last 3 years. Will anyone really be OK with this?

Yang Gi made some stupid suggestion and egg him on. He entertained the idea, but never quite went above and beyond to action it. He's never once mentioned to Hae In about money/will. By the time Hae In brought up the will, he's already realised he loved her, doesn't care about money, and his reaction/expression did show signs of regrets, the kind that meant he's sorry he's even doubted her.

The dynamic between them change when he changed his behaviour. Like cause and effect, Hae In's behaviours changed too, and things started getting better from there—this was what all it needed for the both of them to mend their broken relationship. Although the show never mentioned it, but it's clearer now that Hae In pushed Hyun Woo away after the loss, and he was angry and hurting. Neither could take the first step to "be nice" to each other. Hae In's illness break the ice between them.

I agree with this. I also felt Hyun Woo wasn't after the will. I think he was more hurt and disappointed by the fact that Hae-In didn't mention anything about it to him when she promised to take good care of him. I don't think it was about the money, I think that at the end of the day, Hyun Woo just wants to know that Hae-In loves him just as much as he does her. 

I think when Yang Gi made the suggestion, at that point, Hyun Woo was so hurt that he was like "what the heck, I deserve to get something after all that pain and work I went through.." but I think it was more the hurt and anger talking but he wasn't actively trying to make her change her will. He's such a good lawyer and he's so smart that I feel like if he really wanted to, he'd find a way.

Hyun Woo and Hae In were great before they lost the baby and I think that was when things started to go south.. They dealt with the loss differently and the lack of communication did further damage.

• Like 5

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Posted (edited)

I've been waiting for this to be reported! She will play Hyun Woo's brother's wife. Another reunion where the two were a couple in Reborn Rich. She's also the prosecutor in One Ordinary Day against Kim Soo Hyun.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

What do they mean by this?????? No, I won't accept a bad ending :shocked2:

Spoiler

"This Queen of Tears special is prepared to ease the disappointment of its conclusion. It won't just be a simple highlight broadcast, the actors will personally explain scenes from the drama."

Credit :

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Posted (edited)

Totally didn't expect Hae In going into a critical condition so early. This means we shouldn't need to spend another half hour or more in the latter episode on something like this. I honestly don't know how Park Ji Eun is going to explain away Hae In's sickness, though. The only way is the treatment in Germany worked out. It's kind of lacklustre, but maybe by that time I won't care, since I just want the OTP to be happy and alive (just like MLFTS then). 😅

My favourite scene from this episode is when both family had BBQ. It was a huge contrast to how it was before. The Hong family members are growing up. Now everyone is interacting in harmony and the atmosphere was heartwarming. I love the details and attention everyone gave to Hae In: Soo Cheol made her a skewer. Hyun Tae gave her a pagoda of grilled pork belly, and Hyun Woo fed her and cleaned her mouth. Kyaaa! That was so sweet. The awkwardness between our BaekHong has finally dissipated.

e2a1329agy1hoq5tltkyuj21mi0tjq7i.jpg

Another detail noticed by Netizens is Hyun Woo separating the perilla leaves on his own. Netizens therefore made the comment Hyun Woo is a good boy (ref: Perilla leaves debate). This has been played out in My Man is Cupid as well. 😂

Spoiler

72f858d3gy1hoq36awvoyg20om0qe4r9.gif

Kwak Dong Yeon's random spewing of Chinese Mandarin cracks me up! And what's funnier is, I actually understood what he was saying! :lmao2: Is that some sort of parody from a historical C-drama? Because the last Chinese he said was "Huang Shang", which means "Your Highness (referring to the Emperor)".

Eun Sung's love is so twisted. I'm shocked when Hae In revealed all the hardship she faced during University was caused by Eun Sung, because he wanted her attention. So Hae In always knew he's a red flag from the get-go. Granted, it's also because he was never taught to love "in the right way".

Wonder who visited Da Hye. From the preview, the person asked where the Buddha is. I did remember she took the Buddha in episode 8.

I'm a little concern of Hyun Soo's safety since Eun Sung has asked the thuds to get rid of him. I would love seeing Kim Soo Hyun do hurt/injured scenes again, but I feel at this point, he can only have minor injuries and cannot have anything too serious that'll hospitalise him. Perhaps we can have one in the finale when he confronts Eun Sung...

The final scene, that's a good twist. Although it wasn't too hard to figure out Hae In had another lapse because this Hyun Woo wasn't soft and gentle with her. Neither did he tilt his umbrella to shield Hae In. The convertible Mercedes during the car chase also confirms the real Hyun Soo was at the back.

New stills

GK9-B0wb-QAA0-MDW.jpgGK9-CUAb0-AAw-WTL.jpg

Ah~ah~ah~ who did the cooking???

Spoiler

GK9-As-Xa-MAIB15j.jpg
GK9-BPpa-YAAKTzz.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@ktcjdrama I cried so much 😭😭
By the way, I can’t believe Malaysia is mentioned but for all the wrong things - money laundering 😆😆

@mademoiselle haha , see I found this ! 🤣🤣. Honestly, I’m always tickled when people can interpret things from lines/ colours etc . 

Spoiler

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Posted (edited)

@abs-oluteM Oh yes~!!! I forgot to mention how strange the feeling when Labuan was mentioned! I mean, do many people even know Labuan? 😆 I actually had to change subtitles to English to find out what it is because I couldn't make out from the Chinese translated version.

BTW, I still don't understand how money laundering works 😭

And LOL, I'm not sure about the paintings, but sometimes the production crew does put in a lot of effort to the set. There was one that they noticed, which is Hyun Tae's wall at the martial art classroom. At first the big photo was him with Hyun Woo, but after Hae In visited, it became a photo of him, his son and Hae In. :laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2
2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle haha , see I found this ! 🤣🤣. Honestly, I’m always tickled when people can interpret things from lines/ colours etc . 

Reveal hidden contents

That seems to be reading too much into things just to make yourself happy 😅  I’m fully expecting a LDR hahaha. I think I may be quite upset if it was a full fledge HER lol.

Aunty BoemJa and her Leslie Cheung are quite cute! I was waiting for her to go back to the house and discover that he gave a whole basket of mulberries to the family haha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I get it if sad ending could be an option here but really I prefer happy ending for sure. Yesterday's episode was just so bittersweet. The five minutes cuddling and that study the trend scene are just some few happy moments for the two. It's so rare and it feels so good. So writer you'll be so cruel of you really give us sad ending. And why they keep trolling us with someone is getting into an accident in every preview next episodes??? 

Just did some few posts backreading, what does it mean the special episodes r for compensation of our disappointment? So did we really get a bad ending for this? 😒

• Like 5
18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

see I found this ! 🤣🤣. Honestly, I’m always tickled when people can interpret things from lines/ colours etc . 

This is actually very interesting... I wish there is one with subtitles? Having a hard time understanding what she is saying. 

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

By the way, I can’t believe Malaysia is mentioned but for all the wrong things - money laundering

I guess they dare not mention Indonesia anymore, for fear of very bad rating by the Indonesian viewers :laugh: Go check Racket Boys rating on Google, completely destroyed by the 1-star rating from Indonesian audience. 

@mademoiselle  I can't see any of the pictures you posted :cry: They're just not displaying...

I am going with MDL's synopsis ~ “Queen of Tears” will tell the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of this married couple, who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds.

Keyword being "miraculous", which means, there will be a miracle and Hae In will not die so soon! :yayaya:

16 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Aunty BoemJa and her Leslie Cheung are quite cute! I was waiting for her to go back to the house and discover that he gave a whole basket of mulberries to the family haha.

Was waiting for it too!!

23 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The final scene, that's a good twist. Although it wasn't too hard to figure out Hae In had another lapse because this Hyun Woo wasn't soft and gentle with her. Neither did he tilt his umbrella to shield Hae In. The convertible Mercedes during the car chase also confirms the real Hyun Soo was at the back.

I had suspected it was not Hyun Woo, and wondered if there's an editing error because the Mercedes was at right side, yet Hyun Woo (with Hae In) kept checking the right side of his car. Then the quick turn with help of the big truck.... But it was still a great execution of the twist , especially with the crashing of those orange separators. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Posted (edited)

I hated the smug "I win" look Eun Sung gave Hyun Woo when Hae In lied. It’s baffling how he doesn’t seem wounded by Hae In’s confusion between him and Hyun Woo. His so-called love appears more like an unhealthy fixation on something he can’t possess. The revelation that Mo Seul Hee is the mastermind behind the crimes only diminishes his character further. I'm now concerned, Park Ji Eun will now redeem him by shifting the blame to Mo Seul Hee as the ultimate villain.

I cringed watching him act as though he owns Hae In's home, displaying not even a hint of shame. For crying out loud, at least attempt to charm her in his own residence rather than in hers, with her staff and her wines. 🤦🏻‍♀️He is truly despicable, and lying about saving Hae In when it was Hyun Woo.

As for Grace, it’s hard to imagine that Hyun Woo would entrust her with his confidence, without fearing that she might double-cross him or play both sides. Yet, her negotiation for a better deal is quite characteristic of her. LOL.

Did anyone notice Hyun Woo's door code is 1031? 😭 I sometimes wonder what Hyun Woo finds appealing in Hae In at times. Her probing questions are so intense, I find myself sweating on Hyun Woo's behalf. It's like walking on thin ice! Yet in the end, she lavished him with high praise. She's certainly not the easiest partner for the fainted heart. 😅

This episode moved me to tears even more than the previous one because of Aunt Beom Ja and Soo Cheol. My heart goes out to Aunt Beom Ja the most. Her love for her father was genuine, and now she’s left with a lifelong regret because her last words to him were, “see you at your funeral.” Tragically, those words became reality. Soo Cheol might not be the sharpest in the family, but he possesses qualities that are truly commendable. His affection for Da Hye and Gun Woo is sincere. The moment that touched me deeply was when he stood up to Mum and declared, “Gun Woo is MY SON. I was the one who cut his umbilical cord… he called for daddy before he called for mum!” He’s a man with a generous heart. All married women need a man like Soo Cheol to stand up for them against their mothers-in-law.

img-027.gif

Regarding our OTP, while the diamond ring scene was cute and humorous, it feels like the show is intentionally prolonging their reunion. 😞😤😠

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2024 at 9:40 PM, Chocolate said:

That seems to be reading too much into things just to make yourself happy 😅  I’m fully expecting a LDR hahaha. I think I may be quite upset if it was a full fledge HER lol.

Long distance relationship 2 (MLFTS, CLOY) vs full fledge happy ending 1 (LOTBS). So I'm betting on full fledge happy ending this time. Technically, it is 1 vs 2 because it can be assumed Do Min Joon will eventually be able to stay on earth as long as he pleases when he works out the physics behind the wormhole.

The worst case scenario with Hae In is death, which is unlikely, unless Park Ji Eun has a death wish. So the second-worst case scenario for me would be something similar to the movie, 50 First Dates. Hae In would experience lapses, but her memory would always return. We still have our happily ever after for OTP and their Soo Bin born on 31 Oct.

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@mademoiselle  I can't see any of the pictures you posted :cry: They're just not displaying...

Aiya. Is it only you and @Alice Wonderland cannot see? Anyone else?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5u4OvRJxCx/?igsh=ZTN2ZzdjM3NnbmZl

This is cute!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Soo Cheol might not be the sharpest in the family, but he possesses qualities that are truly commendable. His affection for Da Hye and Gun Woo is sincere. The moment that touched me deeply was when he stood up to Mum and declared, “Gun Woo is MY SON. I was the one who cut his umbilical cord… he called for daddy before he called for mum!” He’s a man with a generous heart. All married women need a man like Soo Cheol to stand up for them against their mothers-in-law.

He has the best growth arc in this show. There were interesting comments about whether he should have given Dahye a 2nd chance given all she's done. But I think there's genuine affections both ways despite her faking a lot of things in the past. My favourite scene was this ...the moment the father and son locked eyes. 

GLIeNcOaUAAmKdz?format=jpg&name=900x900

Did grandpa fake his death? Can't be right? 

With regards to ending @Alice Wonderland , if writer wants it surely she can give us a happy one. After all she gave her this fictional tumor - cloud cytoma. Surely she can give her a fictional miracle! :hug:

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

My heart goes out to Aunt Beom Ja the most. Her love for her father was genuine, and now she’s left with a lifelong regret because her last words to him were, “see you at your funeral.” Tragically, those words became reality.

I'd like to think otherwise. She gets to see him at the hospital, even though very briefly. But yes, it's so sad. I was hoping he wouldn't go through with it, but it seems that is the only way? But could he have waited for the family to come "rescue" him? Like by changing the power of attorney? I didn't like that the family cannot be reunited with him.

Soo Cheol might not be the sharpest in the family, but he possesses qualities that are truly commendable. His affection for Da Hye and Gun Woo is sincere. The moment that touched me deeply was when he stood up to Mum and declared, “Gun Woo is MY SON. I was the one who cut his umbilical cord… he called for daddy before he called for mum!” He’s a man with a generous heart. All married women need a man like Soo Cheol to stand up for them against their mothers-in-law.

I agree and was touched too when he said that. Yet many viewers are calling him idiot for forgiving Da Hee so easily. In her defense, she did care about how he's doing even after leaving. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

The worst case scenario with Hae In is death, which is unlikely, unless Park Ji Eun has a death wish. So the second-worst case scenario for me would be something similar to the movie, 50 First Dates. Hae In would experience lapses, but her memory would always return.

@mademoiselle same! I was thinking of all the possible ways this could end and I highly doubt the writer will kill Hae In. It seems too cruel to make us see the depth of Hyun Woo and Hae In's love for each other and then just have her die in the end. But I recall reading somewhere that the writer tends to have bitter-sweet endings like what we say in CLOY and Love from Another Star.. it's a happy ending but with a twist. So I thought that perhaps she will have some sort of surgery that will allow her to live but might have to suffer with occasional memory loss.. exactly like 50 First Dates as you said.

I really hope we get a complete happy ending... with a baby/child please. :pandalove:

Now about ep 11 and 12...

• I was surprised to learn that it wasn't Hae-In's older brother who saved her from drowning. I did not expect that Hyun Woo was actually her saviour. Just when we think their first meeting was at work, the drama told us they met earlier in life during Hyun Woo's first day at school, and then now we find out no, it was even earlier than that - during the accident... I do hope that Hyun Woo and Hae In discover these "connections" at a later episode.

• Love Hyun Woo's "Avengers" coming together. Baek Hyun Woo's character is one who is intelligent and highly capable so it's fitting that his close friends are just as competent and capable as he is.

• Also loved the ending scene where the two families are eating together and coming together as one unit to help and support Hae In. 

• The scene when Soo Cheol defends Da Hye. He's perceived as weak because he tends to wear his heart on his sleeve and he trusts people too easily which makes him gullible especially when it comes to business. But that is his strength when it comes to his personal relationships. It's his naivety and sincerity that ultimately won Da Hye over. It's not just that he was willing to take her back despite what she did, but also the fact that his love for her and Geon-u didn't diminish with the knowledge that he's not even his. 

• I love that Hae-In finally told Hyun Woo how she really feels about him albeit I wasn't expecting her to reveal it as soon as she woke up.

• The scene where he takes her to his apartment was so cute! And when she tells him that she even if she was reborn a hundred times, she would still marry him every single time... I just love it! I love that she's being so straightforward with her feelings and I really hope they both improve their communication from this point on.

• The scene where he asks her to take back the divorce was so sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. But I love that she explained why she was turning him down. It wasn't because she didn't love him.. but because she didn't want be a burden to him as she knows her condition is starting to worsen.

• And that scene where she goes to his room to try the ring on! HILARIOUS! Kim Seok-hyun is so good at making his eyes do the talking. The way his eyes turned into these big round saucers just looking at Hae In with surprise in finding out she had it on her.. :wow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump