icegif-1177.gif

77089d2e75219d27f6cba1d16e58e20c.gif

Posted by Yaki Jones AKP 

BTS took home another Daesang at this year's Golden Disc Awards, making them win Daesang for six consecutive years.

Song Joong Ki appeared as a presenter for Daesang, and BTS won this year's Daesang. This marks the group's 6th consecutive Daesang, starting from 2017's 'Love Yourself: Her.' BTS took home three awards on this day, including the Best Album (Bonsang), TikTok Golden Disc Most Popular Artist, and Daesang. Member J-hope also won Thai Fans Support with BAOJI award as well.

In his acceptance speech on behalf of the group, J-hope said, "ARMY.. I am here to give a speech on behalf of the group. It's really not easy to speak for the whole group, so I have even more respect for our leader RM. I'll gratefully and humbly accept this award as something encouraging BTS's future."

He then continued, "Best moment is yet to come. In fact, we said this because we wanted to make the future with you all, and I once again am thankful for ARMYs who supported us for the past decade. Thank you so much. On a side note, all members of BTS except for Jin, who is currently in the military, gathered and shared drinks yesterday. It's been a while since we had such a gathering and I couldn't have been happier. It was so good. I was so happy. There are many artists who promote as a group here, and I want to continue this speech by sending much support to them. And I want to imagine all BTS members present here together. It's such a meaningful award. Thank you for Daesang. It's an award for our members, our ARMYs, so congratulations. You all worked hard. I love you all so much."

Congratulations to BTS.

source:

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1611765483380047872

• Like 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

70f6764ef1b64a92c6a87a5968fdab41.gif

Korea joongAng Daily
newyork-logo.png

By Yoo Seo Yeon

Jin of BTS in a video uploaded on Monday [SCREEN CAPTURE]

Jin of BTS in a video uploaded on Monday

HYBE posted a surprise video message from Jin, the oldest member of BTS and the first of the boy band to start his military duty, on Monday.

"I am recording this so that I can say hi to you guys," Jin said in the video. He is clad in a white track suit and sporting long hair, making it evident that the video was shot before he began his service.

"I am shooting for an episode of [SBS entertainment show] 'Running Man,'" he said. "I want to leave videos or other records whenever I can so that I may send my love to you."

The "Running Man" episode featuring Jin aired on Nov. 6.

"I may not be with you now, but I will be back by your side soon so please wait for me," he said.

Jin started his military duty on Dec. 13. He is set to finish on June 12, 2024.

• Like 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

jimin-bts.gif

Posted by Yaki Jones AKP

Big Bang's Taeyang and BTS's Jimin are ready to melt your ears with their collaboration, "VIBE".

Taeyang's new label The Black Label dropped a credit poster for the upcoming song.  The poster revealed both Jimin and Taeyang were participated in composing the song and Taeyang participated in writing the lyrics. With this new exciting detail, fans are anxiously waiting for the collaboration of the year to drop on January 13 at midnight EST.

1673243509-fmak9axacaafzxt-1.jpg

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1612329628940615680

• Like 1

b91ce1df5711dc40852e619ef9ffc575.gif

Posted by 24Karrot AKP

1673369276-4d79efe8-0525-40ad-adf1-dcfbf

Jungkook’s golden vocals and his unwavering status as the most impressive Main Vocalist in Kpop is once again on display as Cosmopolitan Japan ranked him as no. 1 on their list of “8 Main Vocalists With Miraculous Singing Skills”.

1673299213-7c6d67de-9e68-4128-8219-b1426

Cosmopolitan Japan said that Jungkook received a great response after showing a spectacular performance at the "FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022" opening ceremony and became a hot trending topic on SNS.

Cosmopolitan also praised Jungkook’s vocals saying Charlie Puth often raves about Jungkook’s beautiful vocals and his perfect pitch and pronunciation. 

source:

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1612880502322565144

• Like 1

f6afe7fed23851cf1e1281f75f59cc3d.gif

825c06d5-c3b1-4e8b-bfb3-fe94ef442749-1.j

Singer Taeyang and Jimin of 'BTS' snatched fans' hearts with his fatal charm.

The agency The Black Label posted a music video teaser video for Taeyang's new digital single "VIBE" (Feat. Jimin of BTS).

The video was 18 seconds long and intense from the teaser begins with a soothing, medium tempo beat as Taeyang walks out onto a sleek stage. The beat is joined by a groovy melody and charming cymbals, topped with the chill chemistry of the two vocalists, raising anticipation for the complete track.

Composed by Teddy, Kush, Vince, Taeyang, Jimin, and 24 with lyrics written by Taeyang and Vince, "Vibe" is set for release later this week on January, 13 at 2 pm.

https://theqoo.net/index.php?mid=hot&filter_mode=normal&document_srl=2689820835

• Like 1

fake-love-bts.gif

Content Writing Reporter Son Bong Seok

optimize.jpg

This image captured from the homepage of the 2023 iHeartRadio Music Awards and released by Big Hit Music shows the video for 'Yet To Come' has been nominated for Best Music Video at this year's event. 

BTS was nominated for Best Music Video for "Yet to Come," the lead single of its anthology album released in June and Best Fan Army.

It marks the sixth consecutive time for the K-pop septet to get a nod at the iHeartRadio Music Awards since 2018, when it first won a prize at the annual awards ceremony.

Jungkook, a BTS member, will compete against his team as "Left and Right," his collaboration single with U.S. singer-songwriter and producer Charlie Puth, landed a nomination for Best Music Video.

This year's awards ceremony will be held March, 27 in Los Angeles.

6ef0ffbe-2bd0-446e-aa25-e013974a3231.jpg

http://m.sports.khan.co.kr/

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1

Taeyang-VIBE-ft-BTS-Jimin-Official-MV-1.

By Reporter Ahn Jung Hun 

AKR20230113104300005-01-i-P2.jpg

Provided by The Black Label

Bigbang's Taeyang has returned as a solo singer by releasing the digital single "VIBE" featuring Jimin of the group BTS. According to his agency The Black Label on the 13th, "Vibe" is the first solo song in six years since his third full-length album "White Night" released in 2017, except for "Louder," which Taeyang sang as a cheering song for the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics.

He participated in the lyrics and composition of "Vibe" himself, and Teddy, the executive producer of The Black Label, participated to enhance its musical perfection.

The voices of Jimin and Taeyang harmonize with each other to capture the subtle excitement felt toward a lover. In addition to featuring, Jimin also appeared in the music video.

https://www.yna.co.kr/news

• Like 1

bts-yoongi.gif

Posted by Sophie Ha AKP

Bts Suga's talk show 'SuChwiTa (Time to Drink with Suga)' is back with another star guest.

This time, Suga is in the position of a star-struck fan as the third guest is his long-time idol and role model. In the latest teaser for the show, Suga is clearly nervous and shares, "It's like I'm looking at a celebrity, [celebrity of celebrities]. It's like I'm watching TV." He added, "You're the musician that I dreamed of becoming ever since I was young. You're so charismatic."

Check out the teaser for the 3rd episode above and see who is coming to 'SuChwiTa (Time to Drink with Suga)' to make Suga star-struck. (Answer: Big Bang's Taeyang).

source:

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1613935280402358273

• Like 1

Taeyang-Jimin-1-11012023-2.gif

Content Writing Reporter Oh Myung Joo

233d0c00-0bd7-4296-a15f-b45b6572f37b.jpg

[The Black Label]

The new single by boy group BIGBANG's Taeyang, featuring Jimin of BTS, has topped the iTunes' global songs chart, his management agency said Saturday.

"Vibe," rolled out Friday, claimed the No. 1 spot on the Worldwide iTunes Song chart and topped iTunes' top songs charts in about 60 countries around the world including North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Oceania as of midnight, The Black Label said.

It is also gaining popularity in Korea. As soon as it was released, 'Vibe' got off to a good start, charting in the top ranks of Korea's largest music platform within an hour.

'Vibe' is Taeyang's first solo song in six years. Jimin participated in the featuring, predicting an extraordinary synergy. The two participated in the composition and improved the musical perfection.

source:

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/category/exclusive

• Like 1

6fdff7ac9a544947d5ae66cf33ddbac4.gif

Posted by btsarmykook AKP

1673726864-black-yellow-digital-marketin

Jungkook has been adding several titles to his name as a solo artist, with his name shining bright on the music charts as well as enjoying massive social media popularity. He was named one of the Greatest Singers Of All Time by Rolling Stone, and he was the only Korean Male Singer on the list.

The news was a proud moment for South Korea, and nearly every Korean major National TV News Outlet including SBS, KBS, YTN, MBC, TV Chosun, and MBN reported the news of him along with IU being the Korean Singer included in 'Greatest Singers Of All Time' by Rolling Stone.

Spoiler

Every single Korean major media outlet Yonhap, TV Chosun, Hankook Ilbo, JoongAng Ilbo, Herald Economy, Chosun Ilbo, and more, reported on the news.

Acclaimed Korean Magazines, including Vogue Korea , W Korea, GQ Korea, reported on Jungkook being selected as Rolling Stone's “200 Greatest Singers of All Time”

Vogue Korea's article was titled as 'The Greatest Singers Of All Time, IU And Jungkook' and wrote: “When it comes to Korean singers who represent the present moment, their names cannot be left out.

1673715328-20230114-215509.jpg

”As GQ Korea wrote for Jungkook: “Jungkook is adding variety of titles as a solo artist. He was selected as one of ‘200 Greatest Singers’ and refreshed the history of K-Pop & even pop music."

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1614684224589553665

• Like 1

1844-jim5-png-png.jpg

luxury fashion house Dior revealed BTS' Jimin as their newest global ambassador. together with the announcement, the fashion house shared photos of Jimin wearing the Dior Summer 2023 collection. Dior announced Jimin's appointment on social media to much fanfare.

1844-jim3-png-png.jpg

Spoiler

1844-jim4-png-png.jpg

1844-jim2-png-png.jpg

1844-jim1-png-png.jpg

• Like 2

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

20230116000749-0.jpg

(Credit: Big Hit Music)

Jimin of BTS is set to drop his first solo album in February, according to a local media report Monday.

Big Hit Music said that it would announce the specific date as soon as it is confirmed, following the report.

Jimin will become the fourth member of the septet to put out solo work, following J-Hope, Jin and RM.

The artist collaborated with Ha Sungwoon for the drama theme song “With You,” putting it atop iTunes top songs chart in 100 regions in record time. Along with Jin, V and Jungkook, he sang “Bad Decision,” a collaboration with Snoop Dogg and Benny Blanco.

He also made headlines as a featured artist for Taeyang’s digital single “Vibe,” which came out last week and soon landed atop iTunes top songs chart in 86 regions.

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2

I love it that Suga is getting recognition and props from the NBA. First, there was his attendance of the GS Warriors game in Tokyo, then he went to LA and watched the Lakers play the Mavericks. It was a hard fought, double overtime game that the Mavs ultimately won, but Suga seemed to be enjoying himself.

Because Suga was in attendance, the Laker Girls performed to a remix of 'Butter' and the arena also played 'Mic Drop which' had some of the fans jumping up to dance. Very cool.

His bright elfish smile just says it all!

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1

06bf4538dc7e5949069d9c1b0bb33096.gif

Posted by btsarmykook AKP

1673978742-inshot-20230117-223513161.jpg

Jungkook continues his musical success in 2023 as he has achieved a new milestone along with being the most streamed K-Pop Soloist so far this year.

Jungkook has now surpassed 800 million Spotify streams with just three songs under his profile. He's the fastest Korean Act and Soloist in history to achieve this milestone.

Jungkook has achieved the milestone with just three songs under his name (Stay Alive, Left And Right and Dreamers).

Spoiler

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1615438005107408896

• Like 1

bts-family.gif

뉴시스

Content Writing Reporter Lee Jae Hoon

2cb5fed1-ed2f-4806-bb84-c5834b6104f0.png
[Photo Provided by Big Hit Music]

The music video for the hit song "Just One Day" by global super group BTS has surpassed 200 million views.

According to the agency Big Hit Music on the 17th, the number of views on YouTube for the music video of "Just One Day," a song from his second mini-album "School Luv Affair," the last of BTS's school series trilogy released in February 2014, exceeded 200 million at 1:56 p.m on the same day.

This is the number of views of the music video for "Just One Day" on the 1theK YouTube account if we add the total number of music video views on HYBE's official account, it exceeds 249.74 million.

As a result, "Just One Day" became BTS's 25th 200 million viewed music video. "Just One Day" is an Urban hip-hop genre with minimal rhythm and neat musical instrument composition. It contains a message that if given a single day, I want to be with the person I love. The sorrowful vocal line is the killing point of the song.

• Like 1

ee24034c4de36c73b8f3e2f017198c5a.gif

Korea joongAng Daily
newyork-logo.png

By Yoo Seo Youn

BTS Jin sends greeting to fans after finishing basic military training

Jin, member of boy band BTS [SCREEN CAPTURE]

Jin, member of boy band BTS [SCREEN CAPTURE]

BTS member Jin left a few words for his fans after finishing his 5-week basic training at the 5th Infantry Division in Yeoncheon, Gyeonggi, on Wednesday.

"I am having fun," Jin wrote on the online fan community service Weverse, with selfies and a full-body picture of him wearing his uniform. "I am uploading this picture with permission from the Army."

"ARMY, always be happy and well," he added.

Having finished his basic training, Jin will be assigned as an assistant instructor at the same division. He is set to be discharged on June 12, 2024.

• Like 1

bts-jimin.gif

Posted by pjms_gina AKP

'W KOREA' announced that Jimin would be the cover star of the 2nd volume of the magazine's 2023 cover, in which there would be 6 different cover versions to be published! Fans were ecstatic about this news as they have all been highly anticipating Jimin's solo activities since BTS announced the group's hiatus last year, in favor of the members pursuing their solo careers.

Spoiler

Aside from Jimin's breathtaking visuals that caused quite a stir on the internet as always and sent fans into a frenzy, fans were also enthusiastic about the description of their idol in the magazine, which placed emphasis on his 'gorgeous dance' and 'attractive voice ,' and called him an 'accomplished artist.' It brought a sense of pride for fans seeing how their artist was being praised, and his impact in the industry acknowledged.

His popularity was no less on the international scene. He also topped the best-seller list on GMarket under Books/Music category and was the overall best-seller both on Rakuten and Qoo10 platforms for Japanese buyers.

Additionally, in less than 10 hours since the preorder links were posted, all 6 of the magazine covers had gone out of stock on eBay, and he ranked first among the best-sellers on the ktown4u platform.

Spoiler

'W KOREA' had also tagged the brand's Men Artistic Director, and Jimin was, in fact, wearing DIOR's Spring 2023 menswear collection.

Flxc-AW-ak-AAv-Riu.jpg

Flxc-AW6a-MAA2-DC.jpg

source:

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1615805000726503425

• Like 1

jungkook-singing.gif

Korea joongAng Daily
newyork-logo.png

By Cho Yong Jun

BTS's Jungkook surpasses 800 million streams on Spotify

Jungkook performs at the opening ceremony for the 2022 Qatar World Cup. [YONHAP]

Jungkook performs at the opening ceremony for the 2022 Qatar World Cup. 

Jungkook of boy band BTS reached 800 million streams on Spotify on Jan. 15. He is now the fastest Korean artist to reach the milestone.

Jungkook's Spotify account was created less than a year ago on Feb. 11.

Jungkook reached the milestone with only three songs on his profile: "Dreamers" (2022), the official soundtrack for the FIFA World Cup Qatar, "Stay Alive" (2022) featuring Suga from the same band, and "Left and Right" (2022), a song by American pop star Charlie Puth that he features on. 

His Spotify account reached 100 million streams just 89 days after its creation and reached a total of 22.96 million monthly listeners in December last year, making him the second most-listened to K-pop artist after BTS.

• Like 1

47cca4c91164eabf0e005a2109bc5905.gif

By Hwang You Mee

20230119000663-0.jpg

(Credit: Big Hit Music)

BTS reclaimed a spot on Billboard 200 with its fifth EP from 2017, according to the chart dated January, 21st.

EP “Love Yourself ‘Her’” ranked No. 13 on the albums chart, reentering the chart for the first time in over four years. The EP debuted on the chart at No. 7, the highest spot for an Asian musician at the time, and stayed on the chart for 29 weeks. Main track “DNA” peaked at No. 67 on Billboard’s Hot 100 and “MIC Drop Remix” came in at No. 28.

The album’s return to the chart was boosted by the release of its vinyl version that headed straight to the top of the publication’s LP chart.

Meanwhile, the septet’s anthology album “Proof” sat at No. 120 on Billboard 200, extending its stay to 31 weeks. RM’s solo album “Indigo” was No. 125.

https://www.koreaherald.com/popular.php

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1

bts-jhope.gif

K-ODYSSEY

Content Writing Reporter Shim Seon Ah

optimize.jpg

This mage provided by Big Hit Music is a promotional poster for 'J-Hope in the Box,' a documentary film showcasing the creation of his first solo album. Yonhap

A behind-the-scenes documentary about the creation of BTS star J-Hope's solo debut album, "Jack in the Box," will be released on Feb. 17, his agency said Friday.

According to Big Hit Music, the documentary film produced by Hybe follows about 200 days spent by the rapper-dancer to make the album and perform as the closer of the 2022 Lollapalooza festival in Chicago. He became the first Korean act to headline a major U.S. music event there.

Hybe is a leading entertainment company that has several K-pop labels, including Big Hit Music, under its wing.

The film, "J-Hope in the Box," will be made available simultaneously on Weverse, an online K-pop fan community platform, and Disney+, a global streaming service.

"Jack in the Box" topped iTunes Top Albums charts in 49 territories around the world upon its release in July and ranked as the ninth best album of 2022 by U.S. music magazine Rolling Stone. 

• Like 1

1844-Hidden-Apprehensive-Ambushbug-size-

1844-Powerless-Faithful-Lemming-size-res

on January 20, the Dior fashion show took place in Paris, and many celebrities were invited to the event, on local time, Jimin made his first Dior fashion show appearance after being announced as the luxury brand's newest global ambassador. the BTS member's videos and images from the event instantly went viral in South Korea.  :btslove:

1844-image-20230121091539-1-gif-gif.gif

Spoiler

1844-p-Tl-Zp-png-png.jpg

1844-oaw-OV-png-png.jpg

1844-yc-DUU-png-png.jpg

Spoiler

• Like 1

1674410032-likelyalienatedichneumonfly-s

J-hope's activities at Paris Fashion Week are leaving fans wanting more. On an online community forum, netizens discussed the stylish looks embodied by the BTS member during his recent attendance at fashion shows in Paris.

His past outfits for Louis Vuitton and Dior have also garnered special attention. For Hermès, J-hope's leather jacket with mint-colored collars gave off a cozy yet chic look.

1674409818-l2.jpg

Seeing these looks, netizens remarked that they would like to see more fashion collaborations between J-hope and other luxury brands like Kenzo, Chanel, YSL and Versace. 

1674410103-v1.jpg

Spoiler

1674409818-l1.jpg

1674409928-h1.jpg

1674409867-d1.jpg

Spoiler

1674409867-d2.jpg

1674409928-h2.jpg

1674409958-g2-1.jpg

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1617228370168918016

• Like 1

bts-happy-lunar-new-year.gif

Written By Reporter Park Hye Jin

67a43993-cd39-4e84-a1ef-ed0bd1ccfbdf.png

BTS delivered their "Seollal" Lunar New Year greetings. Dressed in hanbok, they gathered as a complete group after a long time.

RM said, "New Year's Day was bright," and "I'm filming a video, hoping that I'll change to man's age from this year." BTS inspirational video was filmed last year.

Jin sang the nursery rhyme “New Year’s Day” with the members, saying, “When it comes to New Year’s Day, you cannot leave out this song.”

Spoiler

3ae831c9-cb89-4781-ab75-e047b2b3f0e2.png

<Photo source = Big Hit Music>

RM said, “I hope it will be a New Year’s Day where you can eat a lot of rice cake soup and watch a lot of magpies.”

J-Hope greeted, "It's a place to meet my family after a long time, I hope it will be a meaningful time."

Jimin expressed his feelings, "For today, I hope you put down your worries, concerns to eat delicious food and spend the day comfortably."

BTS bowed their heads saying, “I hope you will make good memories, have a happy time” and “Happy New Year.”

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/category/exclusive

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1