25 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

HYBE is totally overpricing the BTS designed stuff, but they're selling out anyway. It seems that anything connected to BTS just gets snapped up at almost every price point.

Cute bag, though. And even cuter puppies!

Selling for 153$, quite reasonable. But all stocks gone within 1 second 😅

@Tofushould buy to put her doggo there 🤣

• Like 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

• 4 weeks later...

They're having a live concert in Seoul! Waaaah! I wish I could be there, but they're going to be streaming live to cinemas, I guess, so I'll have to try to find one that will show the stream.

Though, apparently, Jimin just tested positive for COVID. Hope he is okay, and the others as well. I know that they'll take all precautions they can, but it is still a worry. If the numbers are going the wrong way, I can see the government shutting the live stage down.

• 1 month later...

Both of you might want to check this @stroppyse@Tofu😂

I think the book with title "The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas", seems have the most powerful message. It's about how world called Omelas build upon misery of one child in order for other citizens to flourished & prosperous. Its allegory for today world, in pandemic one billionaire could profited 400b, but others have financial hardship. 

I don't really know RM, but seems he's a quite thoughtful person with very open minded, as he did read various genres of books. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 3/17/2022 at 8:14 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

I think the book with title "The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas", seems have the most powerful message. It's about how world called Omelas build upon misery of one child in order for other citizens to flourished & prosperous. Its allegory for today world, in pandemic one billionaire could profited 400b, but others have financial hardship. 

"The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas" is a short story by Ursula LeGuin published in a lot of anthologies rather than as a separate standalone book, and it's a very thought-provoking piece. I remember becoming upset when I first read it. Is it really right to have a utopia that relies on the never-ending torment of any person, much less an innocent?

It's also provocative that the ones who can't live with the knowledge walk away rather than trying to save the child. Perhaps not to this extreme, but it reflects ethical conundrums about saving other people, whether it's girls who are forced into child marriages or vaginal circumcision or the introduction of technologies into indigenous populations or others, when those are considered cultural interference or worse by the populations. With respect to the story itself, meaning that the citizens of Ormelas would probably try to preserve their "utopia" if anyone tried to interfere with it, but is that reason to not try to save the child?

The story which was written in the 70's seems to continue to resound in every generation.

This story is also one of the elements for the video for their song 'Spring Day'.

Btw, apparently the utopian city name "Omelas" comes from the author reading the sign "Salem, O" which stands for the American town of Salem, Oregon in her rearview mirror.

RM is a reader and a thinker as well as being artistic and creative. I appreciate that he is so open-minded and curious about everything, and then brings those ideas and influences into his music, but also to the way he lives his life.

• Insightful 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Their Grammy performance was amazing and exciting, but I'm really unhappy that the Grammy's have used BTS for their ratings again even knowing that they would be left high and dry. I understand that the Grammy's are supposed to be voted on by the recording industry, but I'm also tired of BTS being used by the industry that doesn't seem to respect them.

For what it's worth, the US recording industry can go play with themselves. How many records do the guys have to break and in how many languages for them to get their props.

Btw, the reason I think that the Grammy committee decided to use BTS and all is that they left their nominated category till the end to announce. It's completely out of order and a blatant attempt to get ratings since ARMY would stay tuned in. Without us, they would have a fraction of the viewing audience, and if they had announced it earlier, we would have tuned in only for the performance and the announcement, then immediately switched off. 

• 4 weeks later...

Still bitter about the Scammy's, but their performance of 'Butter' was epic.

Also, Suga and Psy have a collab that is a total bop!

Yeah, so death to Gangnam Style Psy, and the comeback of Permission to Dance Psy? Seriously, kpop seems to like their American Western themes. :lmao2:

And, the Behind the Scenes of the MV shoot is pretty interesting. Psy is very hands on. Suga is adorable! :yoongibtscheer:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the order that HYBE released them in, here are the Proof of Inspiration videos for each member where they talk about their anthology song picks for the upcoming album "Proof" as well as discussing their "proof" of inspiration.

The videos are interesting in the mix of self-reflection, situational awareness, and attribution of their lives thus far that each member brings as their proof of inspiration.

V

Jin

Jimin

JK

RM

Suga

j-hope

• 2 weeks later...

Noooo! The 'Proof' inspiration videos by each member have been taken down by HYBE. Hope everyone got a chance to see them.

Here is the video released by the White House of the BTS visit. Not sure why haters have to hate, but I think it's pretty fantastic that the guys are willing to be a part of trying to figure out the solutions and spreading their message of acceptance and love.

Also, the 'Yet To Come' teaser video! They look so good! I can't wait for the song and MV to drop.

The MV for their new song 'Yet to Come' has dropped!

You can turn subs on for the lyrics and translated lyrics. This is a reflective, questioning song that is part wistful, part hopeful. It's different from their more recent hits which were more about trying to make everyone, including themselves, feel good.

I'm not sure why, but I feel a bit melancholic listening to this. It's true that everything changes and perhaps the guys are ready to tackle some things on their own. Suga has been writing and producing hit songs for other artists. j-hope is going to be a solo headliner at Lollapalooza. RM seems ready to tackle some art, and I keep expecting him to produce an art installation of his own. Jin is getting ready to do his military service. Not sure what the Maknae line will do, but they are also probably exploring other opportunities. It's only a natural evolution that they do so.

Whatever it is and whatever they do, I'm going to hold them to their promise, that they will always stand by their ARMY and that they will always come back to the music. Love you guys and love this song.

Ever since the guys talked about taking a break from BTS in order to pursue other personal projects and objectives, I've had mixed feelings about it all.

On the one hand, it makes sense that they might want to do other things. Especially since 'Dynamite', their music has been lighter, fluffier, and to be honest, geared to trying to do something to cheer up their international ARMY by singing in English. I think 'Butter' was probably their last concerted effort to also win a Grammy award. However, BTS has always been about so much more than fun, upbeat pop. I can see them wanting to put their turbulence into their music, yet uncertain about how that might be received, especially from their newer fanbase, especially if they go back to singing primarily in Korean, which would mean less airplay from US and Western radio stations.

However, it's also about not just always moving around as BTS. All of the guys have distinct personalities and interests, and have always had personal projects and interests which have been consumed by the BTS juggernaut with the heights of their recent fame. It must be scary to be the spokespeople for a generation and be treated with such gravitas by world leaders.

Anyway, I think the guys have decided as well that as they are going to do mandatory military service starting with Jin this year, that it's a good time for them to explore their personal interests rather than remaining as BTS sub-units.

And, I do think that it's mostly the hyungs who are driving the personal projects forward. Jin because of the mandatory service, but he's aging into a different decade. RM, Suga, and j-hope have always been interested in other projects, and their current roles within BTS have probably felt suffocating. To be honest, I notice this most from RM who I think has evolved the most from BTS' early days and has so many interests anyway, but feels the weight of being the leader, the spokesperson, and the translator.

The maknae line would probably have been happy to go along as BTS for the most part, but it's probably good for them to explore themselves as well and see who they are outside of the group that defines so much of them.

So, here is wishing them luck. I know that they will continue to be a part of ARMY's lives, whether with individual projects or sub-units, however, I already miss them as BTS. And, also, does this mean that the World Tour is no longer on, or will they do additional promotional activities as BTS to support 'Proof' before they take their break?

I'm still mixed up and a bit sad, despite knowing that it's probably best for the guys themselves.

This is the dinner where the members talk about how different they are and how amazing it was that they lived together for so long. Their group house will no longer be their group house since the contract is up, and the members will just be living in their own houses now.

This is also the dinner where the members discuss some of the hardships of always being in a group, and how they wanted the opportunity to explore themselves as individuals rather than as the supergroup BTS.

I'm fully supportive of the guys wanting to further explore who they are and what their individual voices are about. It's also not the end of the journey for BTS as a group.

However, it is the end of a chapter as they say, or the end of an era, and I don't know if we will ever quite capture the worldwide rapture of BTS ever again. Still, I'll be ARMY forever, and can't wait to see what the guys will produce, even as I still feel sad that we won't have any new group content for awhile.

I'm glad I was able to make it to one of the Permission to Dance concerts, at least, since who knows when they will perform as a group again. Good luck to them all! I'll be watching and cheering them all on.

• Awesome 1
  • 2 weeks later...
BTS vows full support for Busan's World Expo bid

BTS are seen in a photo from the boy band's official Twitter account. Yonhap
BTS are seen in a photo from the boy band's official Twitter account. Yonhap

K-pop sensation BTS agreed Friday to fully support Busan's bid to host the World Expo in 2030, including holding a global concert in the southern port city of Busan, according to the local government.
Hybe, the entertainment company behind BTS, signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Busan Metropolitan Government the same day to cooperate on the city's promotional projects for the prestigious convention overseen by the International Bureau of Expositions (BIE).
Under the MOU, BTS will serve as a public relations ambassador for the bid and hold a global concert in Busan to promote the city's bid. The local government did not elaborate on details about the concert.
Also, the septet will guide BIE officials during on-site inspections slated for next year, deliver presentations at a BIE general assembly and participate in the final assembly when the BIE announces the host city next year.
Online promotional activities via social media are also included in BTS' to-do list for Busan.
"I'm well aware that hosting the World Expo in Busan is very important for the nation," Bang Si-hyuk, CEO of Hybe, was quoted as saying during the signing ceremony for the MOU at Busan City Hall. "I will do my best to help the city host the event along with BTS."
Last week, BTS accepted the Busan city government's request to help the city host the World Expo, days after the K-pop sensation said it was suspending performing as a group to focus on solo projects that will explore the growth of individual members.
The World Expo is one of the largest international festivals besides the World Cup and the Olympics. Hosting an expo is estimated to create an economic effect worth 61 trillion won (US$49.1 billion), according to the Korean government.
South Korea is competing with two other countries ― Italy and Saudi Arabia ― and the final winner is expected to be announced in November 2023. (Yonhap)

source:

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/06/398_331592.html

• Like 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

It has got to be the shortest hiatus in history. I have to admit I'm curious as to how that conversation went. For the Gyeongsangdo Guys (V, Suga from Daegu and Jimin, JK from Busan), they probably felt that they had to do it to support their respective home towns and regions, and Jin, RM, and j-hope probably felt that it needed to be a group effort if they were going to do it.

I just hope that the members who need it still get some time to their project. It seems as if some of it has already started with the separate collabs/releases by Suga, JK and j-hope, plus Jimin is about to drop something as well. But, all of the guys seemed to want to explore themselves, but various people want them to stay in lockstep as a group because it might be better economically and brand power-wise. Sigh

• Party! 1
BTS' J-Hope to release 1st solo album next month

J-Hope of BTS / Courtesy of Bighit Music
J-Hope of BTS / Courtesy of Bighit Music

J-Hope, a rapper and dancer of K-pop supergroup BTS, plans to release his first solo album "Jack in the Box" next month, his agency said Sunday.

He will debut the album July 15 and drop a prerelease single Friday, according to Big Hit Music.

J-Hope will be the first BTS member to go solo since the septet announced plans earlier this month to take a temporary break to focus on their individual projects.

J-Hope released his first solo mix tape, "Hope World," in 2018, which ranked 38th on the Billboard 200 in the United States. (Yonhap)

bts.gif

source:

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/06/732_331641.html

• Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

I'm looking forward to 'Jack in the Box', and expect that it will be quite different from BTS music. I think j-hope feels a lot of pressure to be sunny and positive, which even if it is his actual nature, no one can be sunny and positive all the time. I feel as if he most expressive and free when he is freestyling whether through dance or song, so I hope he is able to let go and do what he wants to do with this new album.

As for the solo works, I guess there have been various collabs drop, but this will the first true solo album since the announcement of pursuing individual projects was made.

Given that BTS has been roped into acting as ambassadors in Busan's bid for the World Expo, I hope that the guys still get their individual time, as much as they want and need. Along with all other ARMYs, I'm also hoping that the guys will produce more group output, of course, but I respect that they also need some alone time to figure out what they want to still do and where they want to go next, without it having to be negotiated position with the other members and their agency.

This was pretty cute. 77 Questions, 77 Answers. English subtitles available if you change the settings.

• Party! 1

BTS Jin, 'Lovely pink excitement' in advertisement

Kim Soon-shin

0000555650_001_20220630065201594.jpg?type=w430

BTS Jin attracted attention with his bright visuals, lovely and refreshing charm.

Coway, where BTS is working as a model, released a video titled 'Coway icon ice purifier (Look here), making ice more enjoyable and convenient' through its official YouTube account on the 15th.

Jin appeared in a light rhythm in a pink space filled with upbeat music, and caught eye with a sculptural visual.

Spoiler

0000555650_002_20220630065201624.jpg?type=w430

Jin, who wore an all-white suit, made the fans flutter by boasting an elegant yet luxurious, clear and pure beauty at the same time.

He also held a cup of ice in one hand, and showed lovely charm with a fresh smile, shooting bullets of love and cute dance.

Jin showed off his chameleon-like charm in a variety of ways according to usual advertising concept, demonstrating his outstanding capabilities as an advertising model with skillful facial expressions like an acting major and an accurate calendar.

His fans constantly stand out in a variety of fields and as unparalleled all-round entertainer, Jin is looking forward to future moves.

source:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/312/0000555650

• Like 1

What's going on with your wide shoulders. BTS Jin's two watermelons.

By Moon Ji-yeon

2022070601000398500022541-20220706062802

Jin of BTS boasted of his wide shoulders.

On her 5th day, Jin posted a picture of him on his own Instagram with the caption, "I'm selling watermelon."

In his published photos, Jin stands dignifiedly with a watermelon much larger than his own face on his shoulders. He especially caught his attention by showing off his unusual shoulder width while maintaining a stable posture even when he puts two watermelons on his shoulders.

BTS, to which Jin belongs, released 'Proof' on the 10th of last month.

source:
  • Like 1