BTS' Jimin to release photo book next month

A concept image of BTS' Jimin for his upcoming book of photography titled 'ID: Chaos,' provided by Big Hit Music Yonhap
A concept image of BTS' Jimin for his upcoming book of photography titled 'ID: Chaos,' provided by Big Hit Music.

Jimin of K-pop supergroup BTS will release a book of photography next month, his management agency said Wednesday.

"ID: Chaos" will be published in October 13 as part of the group's "Special 8 Photo-Folio" project launched early this month to show off their individual characters and new sides.

He will be the third member to publish a photo book next to Jungkook and RM and expressed themselves using a "vampire" concept with the images of his natural self, respectively.

In the upcoming book, Jimin will express his immaturity and the confusion he has experienced in his journey to find his true identity, according to Big Hit Music.

Like the two other members, Jimin participated in the whole process of the album's production, ranging from the initial concept design to styling and props, the agency said. It added that the book will show various images of the singer, ranging from charismatic to delicate and free. (Yonhap)

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Posted By Now Topic.

Busan turns into "#Jin City" for the upcoming BTS concert "Yet to Come in Busan" + first wall-wrapping advertisement in Korea.

1664814921-studio-project-25.png

In just 12 days, BTS will hold their long-awaited concert in South Korea's second-largest city - Busan, and it will be called 'Yet to Come in Busan.'  

1664814951-image.png

Fans of Jin are very excited to see and hear the talented artist on stage after a few months since the last concert. Known as being the 'extra' kind of admirers, so they turned the entire city into a real 'Jin City.' Hundreds of advertisements with their favorite artist can be seen all around the city.

1664815072-image.png

Spoiler

1664815027-image.png

K-media reported that fans of Jin will cheer for him with super-large support at the Busan World Expo. 

The entire space of the 2-way screen door at Busan Subway Line 3 Sports Complex Station was decorated with 38 photos of Jin and four large wall wraps. The large wall-wrapping on the platform is the first time such an advertisement has been done in Korea, showing off the power of Jin and the fandom.

More advertisements will continue popping up in Busan while everyone prepares for the concert. Besides that, a big airplane with Jin's face will circle around the main stadium! There will also be a photo shoot time with fans.

Spoiler

1664814505-image.png

Last year, fans of Jin managed to surprise him with the two hugest birthday projects ever done in history. Both involved 50k people and were demonstrated in front of Jin at the LA concert. The artist thanked his fans multiple times after it since he was deeply touched seeing something so huge dedicated just to him. Every year, over 100 different birthday advertising projects are being held for Jin around the world. For example, last year, the major buildings of Japan turned pink for him, and the tallest buildings in Russia were projecting the slideshows with congratulations. One time, a Chinese fan of Jin even put his 'Moon' stage right in the middle of a street.

Spoiler

1664815129-image.png

1664815142-image.png

1664815258-image.png

'source'
  • Like 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

f4781e23e932162f82d86d0fb506705d.gif

Posted By A Nish AKP Staff.

Best of BTS' Jimin’s Solo Songs to Celebrate his Birthday

1665497003-jimin13.png

Jimin is 27 now! Yes, it is October 13 in Korea, which means the BTS member has turned a year older, today. This birthday will be extra special for the idol as he celebrates it in his hometown, Busan, where the group has landed for their free concert that is to be held on the 15th.

In all these years, the singer has displayed an incredible range in various songs, but one thing that remains is that he will always leave you mesmerized with his angelic voice. Whether a group track or a solo song, Jimin will try his best to deliver something unique.

Now, what better time than his birthday to take a look and appreciate some of his best solo tracks?

From songs under BTS albums to his other works, we have it all. Upon looking at them, you will realize just how amazingly diverse he sounds in all of them, which is a testament to his range. Take a ride through his playlist to celebrate ‘Jimin Day.’

“Lie” (WINGS)

This is the album that gave solo songs to each member for the first time. Jimin’s track about confronting his fears and the lyrics perfectly matched the rather dark and captivating performance for their tour. Quite literally, he left us spellbound.

“Intro: Serendipity” (Love Yourself: Her)

Spoiler

As it was stated at the time of its release, Jimin wanted to stretch the boundaries with this song, so he researched several singing techniques to achieve that. What we got, in the end, was something exquisitely delicate and beautiful. The track can give one a sense of reassurance and calm. Even his back vocals blend together to create magic.

Happy Birthday Jimin Ssi :heart:

'tap on the link'

'source'

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1580282746181914624

Edited by twink_twink_

Posted by Lorr Ye AKP Staff.

BTS to stream "Yet to Come in BUSAN" concert for free on Naver NOW

1665339554-sns-ig-1000x1000-1.png

'Yet to Come in Busan' is set for Saturday, October 15 at 6 PM KST and can be streamed on the Naver Now app. Best of all? It will cost absolutely nothing to watch - so Army who are worried about travel, ticketing, cost, and lodging can kick back in the comfort of their own homes to watch the show.

1665339886-1664083442-image.png

Don't miss this epic concert performance from the legendary BTS. Naver NOW can be found in Google Play and the App Store. Can't wait to watch it together, ARMY.

This article is sponsored by NAVER NOW.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/10/bts-to-stream-yet-to-come-in-busan-concert-for-free-on-naver-now

• Like 1

The concert was amazing! I'm so sad that I didn't have the wherewithal to go to Busan and bask in the love with other ARMY. Even if I couldn't get a ticket to the concert itself, it would have been so fantastic to be in so much purple. BORAHAE!

BTS also performed "Run BTS" and showed us their fantastic choreo. The more I hear this song, the more I love it! Run, beautiful! You got to run run!

Here is a link to the site with the best lyric translations for 'Run BTS'. They are actually really good, usually, and have some of the best lyric translations that I've read online.

https://doolsetbangtan.wordpress.com/2022/07/26/run-bts/

• Party! 1
NEWS

Posted by 24Karrot

Jungkook goes viral for his electrifying performance and stunning visuals at “Yet To Come in Busan” Concert

1665854041-1d40e6b1-732e-4fa4-abbf-ccbe0

Jungkook is known for his legendary stage performances and is called “Stage Genius” for his electrifying performances full of explosive energy and passion.

Today’s “Yet To Come in Busan” concert once again saw Jungkook mesmerizing the audience with his insane powerhouse live vocals and fiery performances that drove the concert crowd and worldwide audiences wild.

His RUN BTS performance caused a massive fan frenzy, with his fancam gaining more than 100 thousand likes within hours.

Jungkook’s pitch-perfect, immaculate live vocals once again became the highlight as he captivated audiences with stunning performances of BTS’s hit songs.

Jungkook became the hottest viral topic, gaining the highest number of mentions and trending WW in 84 countries.

Jungkook went viral on SNS for his hard-hitting performances, stunning vocals, and visuals. His center part in Run BTS went so viral it is being used to represent the group’s debut performance of the song everywhere on SNS.

Spoiler

Spoiler

1665853641-71108a50-b186-4c27-9fa1-91317

1665853641-62ac1dd0-ef30-4f68-88e2-94d1e

1665853641-35540f11-ebd8-43f4-9a38-7e561

Spoiler

1665854552-331d359b-3764-40f3-84d4-d21d0

1665854553-f521ad21-e0fa-4f21-a726-15211

1665853641-35540f11-ebd8-43f4-9a38-7e561

Spoiler

Spoiler

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1581361941632913408

• Like 1

HYBE announced that the guys have decided to proceed with their mandatory military services, with Jin rescinding the rest of his extension and initiating the process of enlistment as soon as his solo work drops later this month. As part of the same announcement, HYBE mentioned 2025 as the possible year when the group will re-form.

In a separate message to their investors, HYBE tried to reassure them that they have enough materials stored up that they were going to release, plus other acts who were going to debut on the world stage, that their fortunes should not take too big a hit from the loss of BTS activities.

I have some mixed feelings about this, though, not being a SK citizen, I also recognize that I don't have a vote on this issue. I'm happy for the guys. I'm upset at the rest of SK.

First off, I fully support the guys in determining their own future rather than being held to capricious whims of the governing class.  I think they made the only decision they could given the circumstances. Also, the guys have never said that they were not willing to serve. They grew up expecting to have to serve. It's others who want to cast them as trying to shirk their duties.

I am upset with the SK government and businesses who have been so quick to take advantage of BTS' popularity without recognizing the uniqueness of that popularity or the extent of soft power that BTS has.

The group is bigger than the sum of the individuals, which the guys themselves seem to recognize, even as they have wanted to branch out into individual activities and interests. Individually and collectively, BTS has contributed more to SK already, both economically and in terms of spreading SK influence and soft power. A lot of that is due to the BTS fandom, ARMY, who is a multi-generational, multi-racial juggernaut who have shown themselves able to raise millions for a cause and bring instant focus on an issue. Even if you want to argue the merits of BTS music, I'm not sure that it's possible to argue about the lengths that ARMY will go to for the guys, and the knock on effects that have.

There seems to be some thought that without BTS, other groups will fill the void. That calculation seems misplaced and misguided.

However, who knows what will happen in the 3 year void. Also, 3 years assumes that the rest of BTS will end up doing their service as soon as possible as well. During their absence, at minimum, it means that ARMY membership will probably go down. Also, their military experience will change the guys themselves. Who can know what the future holds.

In terms of the military, the SK military themselves have advocated for BTS doing alternative service instead of the mandatory military service. Part of the reason is that the military couldn't guarantee that the safety of the guys, and recognition that the ambassadorial activities that BTS does has far more value than having them pull sentry duty, etc.

SK citizenry themselves seem to downplay BTS' influence and cultural relevance to the world as well as their work on behalf of SK. Many citizens seem bemused or confused, if anything, by the global success that BTS enjoys and want to downplay them as being just another boy group, nothing as good as the 2gen groups who had come before them. Given how much BTS has brought Korean culture to the forefront on a global scale, highlighting Korean artistry in many mediums, I think it's silly that they seem so willing to kill their golden goose. BTS has done far more for SK on the global stage than their traditional musicians, or most athletes and others who have been given exemptions.

Anyway, for the time being, aside from supporting BTS and their individual activities, I've totally gone off SK. I was pretty disgusted with the blatantly corrupt actions surrounding the Busan concert by the city of Busan and the organizing committee. HYBE had to step in then as well because of concerns over the safety of the fans. Even after seeing the draw that BTS had in other venues, Busan was still not ready for the huge influx of fans who came for the concert, and that lead to a number of problems, including in gaining entrance to the venue on concert day.

However, knowing that the guys had already made their decisions and that Busan really was a farewell concert, makes watching their videos that much more poignant. It's also impressive that they prepared the choreo for "Run BTS" knowing that they may only perform it live that once in Busan.

Anyway, sorry about the long post. Just needed to get that off my chest somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

tumblr-da46034b98db0bf80919c6b4d2f4dac5-

BTS' Jin to release first solo single 'The Astronaut' on Oct. 28

optimize.jpg

Jin of K-pop titan BTS and his version of ARMY's room / Courtesy of HYBE.

Jin of K-pop supergroup BTS will drop his first solo single, titled "The Astronaut," on Oct. 28, his agency said Wednesday.

The song will make Jin the second BTS member to debut as an individual artist, following J-Hope, Big Hit Music said on Weverse, a K-pop fan community platform.

J-Hope dropped his first solo album "Jack in the Box" in July, becoming the first member from the septet to go solo.

"The Astronaut" will likely be the last song from Jin before he goes to the military.

Jin made a surprise announcement of his upcoming release during the band's concert in the southeastern port city of Busan on Saturday, saying he came to release a song with the help of a person he personally likes. He did not give any further details.

On Monday, the agency said the 29-year-old singer, whose full Korean name is Kim Seok Jin, will forego the delay of his enlistment at the end of this month and take steps to enlist.

In Korea, all able-bodied men are required to serve in the military for about two years. But Jin, born in 1992, was allowed to postpone his military service until the end of this year under a conscription law revised in 2020.

Military manpower officials said he may be enlisted within this year at the earliest if he cancels the delay this month. (Yonhap)

• Like 1

Jin of BTS collaborates with Coldplay for first official solo track

By Kim Rahn

optimize-1.jpg

The teaser poster for BTS member Jin's solo single, "The Astronaut," co-written with British band Coldplay / Screenshot from BTS' Twitter account.

Jin of K-pop juggernaut BTS and British rock band Coldplay have collaborated for Jin's first solo single, "The Astronaut," his agency said Thursday.

According to Big Hit Music, Coldplay has participated in the song, set for release on Oct. 28, as co-writer of the music and lyrics as well as a player. The agency uploaded a teaser poster for the upcoming single track on the group's social media channels.

unnamed-1.jpg

Jin of BTS, right, poses with Chris Martin of Coldplay after receiving Martin's guitar as a present in this September 2021 photo. Screenshot from BTS' Twitter account"

Jin and Coldplay will show a different charm and fantastic synergy through 'The Astronaut,'" the agency said in a release.

At the Oct. 15 concert in Busan, Jin hinted at the collaboration by saying, "I've come to roll out a song in collaboration with the people I like."

It will be the second BTS-related collaboration for the British band ― in September 2021, the two groups worked on a single, "My Universe," which topped Billboard's main singles chart, the Hot 100, upon its release. The song is still on Billboard's Global 200 chart, enjoying continuing popularity.

Even before their first collaboration, Jin had said numerous times that he was a big fan of Coldplay. Chris Martin, the vocalist of the band, said in interviews that it was Jin who suggested the 2021 work for "My Universe."

It is the first time for Jin to release a solo track officially in the past nine years of activity of BTS, although he has released "Yours," featured on the original soundtrack for tvN series "Jirisan" in October 2021 and "Super Tuna, " in December of last year to mark his birthday.

Jin is the second member of BTS to take steps toward a solo career, following J-Hope, who dropped his first solo album, "Jack In The Box," in July.

He and Big Hit Music said on Monday that Jin will soon start his compulsory military service as early as the end of this year.

• Like 1

Members of BTS have been doing these special photo portfolios of each member, usually with a theme. So far, JK, RM, and Jimin had released their individual folios.

Special 8 Photo-Folio Me, Myself, and Jung Kook 'Time Difference'

Special 8 Photo-Folio Me, Myself, and RM  'Entirety'

Special 8 Photo-Folio Me, Myself, and Jimin  'ID:Chaos'

And, now, before doing the rest of the members, they drop one that is aimed right at us ARMYs who are OT7.

Special 8 Photo-Folio Us, Ourselves, and BTS  'WE'

There are so many groups who chafe at the group endeavors, image, ethos, and want to go their own ways and find themselves, eventually breaking up. Usually, some members do better with solo careers than others, but they all seem to want to break away from those things that endeared them to their fans.

The guys in BTS aren't really that different in those terms really in that they have to at least compromise part of their individuality for the sake of the group, and want to explore their individuality. However, what seems to make this group so different is that they are aware and appreciative of how their group is really greater than the sum of their individual totals. And, they are always appreciative of the support that they've gotten from everyone, and especially ARMY, taking their responsibility to give back for the love they've received.

As they are on the verge of separating (or being separated), hopefully temporarily, it's lovely to see them interacting as a group on this project. The love, friendship, and respect for each other is all there as they compliment and tease each other, putting together a group concept and photos that highlight the best of each and all of them.

Time to go listen to 'Proof' again...

• Star Struck 1

cb7ac5871378ca87922214b1d861e0ed.gif

BTS' Jin to be on 'Running Man' on October 30

Ent.Features / Yonhap News

p1065597640707693-872-thum.jpg

This photo, provided by Big Hit Music, show BTS' Jin. (Yonhap)

BTS' member Jin will be on SBS TV "Running Man" on October 30. 

Jin, whose real name is Kim Seok Jin, will be having the race "Seokjin VS Seokjin" with Jee Seok Jin, a member of "Running Man" who has the same name as Jin.

"Running Man" is SBS TV's representative variety show, which has been airing since 2010, starring Yu Jae Seok, Kim Jong Kook, HaHa, Jee Seok Jin, Song Ji Hyo, Lee Kwang Soo, Jeon So Min, and Yang Se Chan. 

It will be aired on October 30, at 5 p.m.

• Like 1

c8bcc6d7dfa5f98cb552a1d7939aa663.gif

Content Writing Yonhap News.

Tourism videos featuring BTS members attract 43 mln views in first week

yna1065624913856293-466.jpg

This photo provided by the Korea Tourism Organization is a scene from its Korean tourism promotional video featuring Suga and Jimin of K-pop boy group BTS. 

SEOUL, Oct. 27 (Yonhap) -- Two South Korean tourism promotional videos featuring Suga and Jimin of global K-pop sensation BTS have garnered more than 43 million views a week after they were released.

The Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) uploaded two of its four retro-themed music videos, titled "Feel the Rhythm of Korea," in which the two BTS members introduce tourism attractions in four major cities with iconic songs, on its YouTube channel a week ago.

As of Thursday morning, the first two videos, aimed at promoting Busan and Daejeon, had garnered 22.25 million and 20.86 million views.

When a teaser video for the series is included, the series has attracted more than 127 million views. The teaser video has drawn 83.99 million views since it was released on October, 14.

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=179541303472368

• Like 1

Jin just dropped his song and MV. It's beautiful. And, I'm not crying. It's just that my eyes were dry, and, and, and....

Anyway, it's also definitely a Coldplay song. Jin had been wanting to do a song more like 'Spring Day', and I feel this has similar vibes. Have a listen/watch, and fall in love all over again with our amazing Jin.

Btw, I knew that Jin was too nice and too amazing to be human, even if he loves us too much to want to leave us. :lmao2::btsjinok:

Anyway, I wish I could be in Buenos Aires with a ticket. That may be the one and only time that Jin and Coldplay will perform the song live, at least for a very long time.

• Awesome 1

'The Astronaut' by BTS' Jin sells 700,000 copies on 1st day, tops iTunes' chart in 97 countries

Content Writing Yonhap News.

optimize.jpg

This photo of Jin, a member of K-pop juggernaut BTS, is provided by Big Hit Music, the band's agency. 

The first official solo single by BTS' Jin has sold more than 700,000 copies on the first day of its release, his agency said Saturday.

"The Astronaut" sold 700,754 copies for a day after it came out at 1 p.m. Friday, Big Hit Music said, quoting data from Hanteo Chart, a local market tracker.

It marks a big sales figure for a single-track album.

"The Astronaut" also topped iTunes' top songs chart in 97 countries around the world, including the United States, Britain, Germany and France, as of 9 a.m. Saturday.

The song's music video telling a story of an astronaut who accidentally landed on Earth has also garnered over 17 million views on YouTube as of 2 p.m.

"The Astronaut" is a pop-rock genre song co-written by Coldplay, with the British band also playing on the recording. Jin participated in writing the lyrics, expressing his affection for Army, the global fandom of the K-pop septet.

Jin's deeply sentimental voice accompanied by a calming sound of acoustic guitar and gradual build-up of synth sound creates the mysterious and dreamy mood of the song.

After wrapping up promotional activities for "The Astronaut," Jin is set to temporarily leave the music scene to become the first BTS member to enlist for mandatory military service. 

optimize-1.jpg

BTS' Jin, second from right, and British rock band Coldplay poses for the camera before a rehearsal for their joint performance of 'The Astronaut' at Coldplay's concert in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on Oct. 28. 

optimize-2.jpg
A concept photo for 'The Astronaut,' the first official solo single from BTS' Jin, provided by his agency, Big Hit Music.

Spoiler

optimize-3.jpg

Fans of K-pop boy band BTS wait to attend a concert of the British rock band Coldplay in Buenos Aires on Oct. 28, in this AFP photo. Jin, a BTS member, performed his first solo single 'The Astronaut' with the band during the show. Yonhap

• Like 1

I wasn't able to go to Buenos Aires to see the show, however, my local cinema was carrying a live stream of the concert so at least I was able to see the concert in real time. It was a little strange, because even though I like Coldplay a lot and grooved to a number of their songs, I was in waiting mode for the entire concert, waiting for Jin to appear. The theater I was in didn't have a lot of people attending it, but there were some hardcore ARMY, decked out in RJ headbands and their ARMY bombs. I wish I had thought to take mine.

Jin finally made an appearance as part of the penultimate encore. Chris Martin gave the introduction and spoke of how he had initially dismissed even the idea of working with BTS, but that it has become such an uplifting experience for him and that one shouldn't let fear get in the way of trying something new. Then, Chris talked about how Jin had contacted him about 6 months ago, saying that he had to leave the band temporarily to do his mandatory military service and that he wanted to do a love song for ARMY before he went. That collaboration was 'The Astronaut'. Wow, I'm getting teary-eyed thinking about it.

The intro played, Jin was on stage at the far part of the runway and started singing. From the beginning, it was emotional, wistful, and joyful. After the first verse, Jin turns around and runs to Chris who is waiting with wide open arms. Watch the video yourselves.

I was glad that I went to the cinema to watch actually. Having it all on the huge screen, watching and listening in real time, and the cinema was kind enough to crank up the volume as well. There was so much love and joy and promise!

Jin ends his appearance at the concert thanking Argentina (in Spanish) and the band (in Korean), and then telling us ARMY that he loves us (in Korean). Coldplay then took a final moment and encore for themselves.

My only regret is that I had meant to stand up and dance to the song when it came on, however, I was so moved by the performance that all I could do was breathe and try not to scream.

• Like 1

RM-Happy.gif

Posted by Susan Han AKP Staff.

BTS's RM reportedly releasing his first solo album in November

1667263972-20220731-rm.jpg

According to an exclusive media outlet report on November 1 KST, BTS member RM will be the next up to release his first solo album.

The report claimed that RM is currently in the final stages of preparations for his solo album release, which is scheduled to drop on November, 25.

RM will be releasing solo music for the first time since his 2nd mixtape, 'Mono', released in 2018 and he will be the third member of BTS after J-Hope and Jin to officially debut solo.

RM also recently confirmed his appearance on tvN program 'The Mysterious Dictionary of Useless Human Knowledge'. RM will take on the role of co-MC alongside film director Jang Hang Joon.

[UPDATE] A representative of Big Hit Music has confirmed, "It's true that RM is planning to release his solo album. He is currently preparing for it."

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1587247744367923200

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1

Posted by Germaine Jay AKP Staff.

Pharrell confirms he collaborated with BTS for his album 'Phriends'

On November 1, RollingStone magazine revealed an interview between BTS' RM and American artist and producer Pharrell. At the end of the interview, Pharrell confirmed BTS are featured in his upcoming album 'Phriends', saying, "Well, my project, it's called... the title of the album is 'Phriends.' You guys are on there, obviously. And I'm actually talking about this way more than I'm supposed to, but it's a song from my album that [BTS] sang and it's amazing and I'm super grateful."

RM responded, "I just love this song." Pharrell further revealed an upcoming collaboration with RM for his solo album, saying, "I'm just going to put this out there. You said you're 90% done with your solo album. But if within that last 10%, if you need me - you don't need me, but I mean." The BTS member expressed, "I always needed you, for 15 years."

c4ACfizT.jpg

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1587436147638038529

• Like 1

Content Writing Yonhap Woo Ji Won.

BTS members actively engage in solo activities

p1065572420810023-492-thum.jpg

p1065572420810023-137-thum.jpg

This photo, provided by Bighit, shows J-Hope performing at LOLLAPALLOOZA .

p1065572420810023-267-thum.jpg

This photo, provided by Bighit, shows collaborative single "Bad Decisions."

K-pop juggernaut BTS has begun second chapter, seven members engaging in various individual activities at music and broadcasting industries.

Music industry predicts that the global influence of the world star BTS will not cease even during a hiatus from team activities due to the members' military service due to their various individual activities.

Leader RM will co-host tvN's new educational- entertainment show "The Dictionary of Useless Human Knowledge."

Their agency Bighit Music official said, "RM became the emcee of new series because he was a big fan of last series."

RM has previously participated in the featuring of group Balming Tiger's new song "Sexy Nukim" and showed off his charismatic rap. The song made iTunes' Top Song chart in 50 countries right after the release. He is preparing his solo album as the third member of the septet to make a solo debut.

The first runner-up J-Hope appeared on music festival "LOLLAPALLOOZA" as the headliner and made a grand finale last August as the first Korean artist.

J-Hope's solo album "Jack In The Box" exposing his color as rapper debuted on Billboard 200 chart at No.17 soon after the release and his collaborative single "Rush Hour" with singer Crush still remains high on music charts a month.

BTS' oldest member Jin continued BTS' solo activities by releasing his first solo single "The Astronaut" on October, 28. The single, composed, written and performed by British band Coldplay, was sold 700,954 copies on the day of its release , according to Hanteo chart.

"Left and Right" a collaborative single between BTS' Jungkook and singer-songwriter Charlie Puth, is on Billboard's Hot 100 in its 17 consecutive weeks, continuing on its popularity.

Jungkook has been nominated for two categories, this year's best music video and the collaboration song of 2022, for this year's People's Choice Awards with Charlie Puth.

In last August, Jimin performed "Bad Decisions," a collaborative song with Jin, V, and Jungkook, American singer-songwriter Benny Blanco, and rapper Snoop Dogg. The song received lots of love in the global market, ranking No.10 on the Billboard's Hot 100 chart.

Jimin, along with member Suga, has also appeared in the Korea Tourism Organization's overseas promotional video "Feel the Rhythm of Korea with BTS," promoting local tourist destinations in Korea. The trailer and four videos in Busan, Daejeon, and Pohang recorded more than 180 million YouTube views.

Member Suga participated in producing and featuring of PSY's 9th full-length album title track "That That" released in April.

"That That" placed 80th on Hot 100 chart and topped the domestic music charts. It was PSY's re-entry into Billboard's Hot 100 chart in 7 years since his song "Daddy" in 2015.

V of BTS has received love calls from fashion industries, taking a photo shoot for the magazine "Vogue" and participating at luxury brand Celine's Paris event.

According to a popular music critic Kim Do Heon about BTS members individual activities said, "I was able to see the potential of their activities after being discharged from the army."

Kim also said, "Seeing members making good progress on global charts as solo artist, the musical potential of each member was confirmed."

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065572420810023

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1

88kpop-com-fansign-fansigns-fanmeet-fanm

Posted by Yeontan News.

Kim Taehyung is the 1st K-pop Idol to surpass 4.5 Billion Votes in FanPlus history and wins a 7-Day Billboard AD in NYC's Times Square.

Kim Taehyung, aka V of BTS, is synonymous with breaking and setting records. Aside from being uber-talented and earning music achievements before his official solo debut, Taehyung has also set records in other areas like the fashion industry and voting platforms.

On the popular K-pop fan community FanPlus V Taehyung was nominated in the 'Voting Event for Idols Born in December' along with countless stars born in the same month.

After weeks of tough competition against strong voting fandoms, Taehyung emerged victorious and won first place with 4,589,205,546 votes. BTS' Jin came in second with 4,243,389,614 votes, while solo artist Kang Daniel took third place with 2,951,556,679 votes.

1667553342-fgtkaliaeae04n6-1.jpg

Taehyung not only won first place, but he also set a new all-time high record for votes in Fanplus history. With more than 4.5 billion total votes, this is the most any K-pop idol has received on a poll since the app's inception.

As the winner of the December Birthday Poll, Taehyung will receive three exciting prizes:

• New York Times Square LED AD for 7 days.

• Seoul Subway station Large AD for 30 days.

• Seoul Subway station AD for 30 days.

Fans were ecstatic that their hard work has paid off and celebrated the victory on social media.

Spoiler

1667554071-fgtphpyaaaaz7we.jpg

1667554077-fgtphqsacaatk8t.jpg

1667554083-fgtpimkayaexbn.jpg

Spoiler

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1588564807942569984

• Like 1

61d9de9d54ef79779b6eae4fb930381ef2b044a3

Posted by now-topic.

#TheAstronaut by #Jin achieves great success in the large music markets of the UK and Japan

1667682482-studio-project-38.png

It's been a week since the release of 'The Astronaut' by Jin. He wrote this song together with Coldplay, curating every single step. The song became a great success that keeps breaking records every single day. Sadly, the promotion has been paused since the start of the mourning in Korea. There's still more content to be released soon.

It performed amazingly on the global scene despite the huge competition with Taylor Swift's album, Drake's album, and Rihanna's new song. 'The Astronaut' topped the US iTunes chart in less than 1.5 hours, topped the sales charts, and got over 500k streams in a day there. The Billboard charts will be published in a few days.

Meanwhile, Jin is breaking records in the other two largest music markets in the world - the UK and Japan. 'The Astronaut' debuted at #61 on the UK Official Singles Chart, bagging the highest debut for a Korean solo song. It also tied for the highest debut on the UK Official Singles Sales and Download Chart (#2). Even Jin's unofficial releases, such as 'Abyss,' 'Tonight,' debuted on the UK charts. 'The Astronaut' also reached #1 on the UK iTunes chart on the first day of the release.

Talking about the 2nd largest music market in the world, Japan, is known as Jin-land. For example, last year Jin's OST 'Yours' charted at number #1 on Japanese iTunes in just one hour. It became the first K-pop solo to achieve an All-Kill on Japanese charts. It also debuted on the Hot 100 Billboard chart in Japan.

Jin's physical album got sold out in all of the Tower Record outlets in Japan in just a few hours.

Right now, Jin's single is charting on the biggest music platforms in Japan - Line, and Ricochoku. He now holds the record for the highest debut for a Korean male solo act on the Spotify Top Artist Japan Chart. 'The Astronaut' also debuted at #43 on the Billboard Japan Hot 100. On the Billboard Top Artists in Japan chart, Jin has reached a new peak at #35. Jin's OST 'Yours' was charting at #1 on the Shazam Japan chart for 235 days and was replaced by 'The Astronaut' by Jin. The music video is at #5 on hot trending videos on Japanese Youtube.

1667683160-a27af519-7fe6-45cc-bf7d-81757

Spoiler

1667683756-38341723-e22b-4c0f-b4d5-1f8b3

Spoiler

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1589016751844753408

• Like 1

88kpop-com-bangtan-hot-boy-2293124.gif

Yonhap News Reporter Ahn Jung Hoon.

BTS' 'Poetry for Small Things' music video YouTube views surpassed 1.6 billion, reported by company Big Hit Music.

yna1065624913867028-962.jpg

BTS [Courtesy of Big Hit Music]

This video surpassed 1.6 billion views for the first time among all BTS music videos at 6:35 pm on the 5th.

'A Poem for Small Things' is a song sung with the joy of simple love in an exciting beat. At the time of release, it entered the Billboard main single chart 'Hot 100' at #8 and then entered the charts for 8 weeks in a row.

American pop star Halsey participated in the featuring and appeared in a music video to show off a light performance.

As a boy group that has reached the peak of K-pop idols, BTS has a total of 39 billion-viewed music videos.

A total of 6 music videos, including 'Poems for Small Things', 'Dynamite', 'DNA', 'MIC Drop', 'IDOL', and 'FAKE LOVE' were viewed on YouTube and exceeded 10 billion.

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=179565603836002

• Like 1

Posted by now-topic

#Jin achieves the highest K-pop solo debut on the Billboard Hot 100 after #PSY

1667923877-4e704ec4-bdb3-478e-8be8-dff10

It's been a little bit more than one week since the release of Jin's first solo single, "The Astronaut." However, it's already clear that he made one of the most successful K-pop solo debuts in history.

Jin is only the second member of BTS to make an official solo debut. He broke numerous records locally and globally on its first day and week already.

1667923891-c0cef55f-6b20-44b5-bbf7-1d73d

On the Nov, 7th the results on the Billboard charts were finally announced. Jin truly had the highest competition in his tracking week against Rihanna, Taylor Swift, SZA, and other western artists. Unlike them, Jin gained 0 points for radio play, but gathered almost 50M streams and over 60k sales. He now holds the record for the biggest number of sales for a K-pop solo debut.

Despite everything, his soulful 5 minutes long pop-rock track 'The Astronaut' performed extremely amazingly on the Billboard charts.

#51 Billboard Hot 100
 #1 Digital Song Sales
 #1 World Digital Song Sales
 #1 Top-Selling Song
 #1 Emerging Artist
 #6 Billboard Global 200 (excluding US)
 #10 Billboard Global 200
 #10 Artist 100

Spoiler

1667923413-0a4935d4-5f2a-4b81-a7db-a0d62

Spoiler

1667923414-f9bcbbdf-cff4-466a-83b8-a2c67

Jin occupied the Billboard World Digital Song Sales with 4 of his self-written tracks:

#1. The Astronaut (Debut)
 #3. Super Tuna (week 2)
 #5. Abyss (week 2)
 #7. Tonight (week 2)

The artist also scored #1 on the Digital Song Sales chart surpassing Rihanna's 'Lift Me Up". Jin became the first BTS member to simultaneously chart on both Billboard Global 200 and Global 200 Excl. US Top 10 and as a lead artist as well. 

Spoiler

"The Astronaut" is also the first Korean song by a Korean male solo act to chart in the Top 10 of the Billboard Global 200 chart.

The fans are celebrating Jin's huge achievement on the Billboard Hot100 chart. 'The Astronaut' now holds the record for the highest debut for a solo song by a K-pop artist of the decade.

Only PSY's 'Gentleman' charted higher than Jin back in 2013. Jin made his history.

Spoiler

Spoiler

1667923178-71a0fd7d-d46f-4aa4-89e7-e3078

Spoiler

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1590031823496974336

• Clapping Hands 1