My Lovely Liar 소용없어 거짓말 [2023]

Episode 1

I've watched episode 1 and it's not bad. It's still in introduction stage so can't say more but I'd say I at least am able to pay full attention for an hour.

Mok Sol Hee (Kim So Hyun) was born with the ability to tell when people lie. She realises one day she could earn quick money from being the "Lie detector" for people. As her parents are played by Jin Kyung and Ahn Nae Sang, so I'm expecting to see more of them in the drama.

Sol Hee accepted a lie detecting case from a gang of thuds in 2018, and the liar chased after her. She ran for her life, hop on a bus and met Kim Do Ha (Hwang Min Hyun). As Sol Hee hides in the bus from the lying thud, a man grabbed Do Ha's collar and angrily asked where he's going and wanted Do Ha to get off the bus with him. Do Ha tells the man he's broken up with a girl and suffered some beating from the man. Anxious of her own safety, Sol Hee shoo the man out of the bus. This is how the FL and ML first met.

5 years later in Seoul, Sol Hee has opened up a Tarot Cafe, in disguise where she can see her clients in a private space and extend her lie detection business. Meanwhile, Do Ha has become a famous composer who never shows his face. He seems to be suffering from panic disorder and scared to show his face to the public. He has nightmare of a woman in blood at the beach. So far we know Do Ha only shows his face to 2 people, his agency's CEO Jo Deok Chan, played by Yun Ji On and the singer Sha On. Do Ha won the best composer award, Sha On took his trophy to his place and unintentionally exposed his lodging. To avoid the reporters, Deok Chan tells Do Ha to stay at his other house called Dream Villa.

Do Ha hasn't moved in yet but at the end of the episode, because of how he dressed, he was mistaken as a pervert who attacked women at the new neighbourhood. It ended with Sol Hee saving Do Ha again because she could tell he wasn't lying. Do Ha also recognises Sol Hee was the girl from 5 years ago because of her motto "If I say so, then it is".

Next episode, our FL and ML will live side by side as neighbours with plenty of running into each other scenes. Because of Sol Hee's ability, it appears she doesn't like hanging around crowds because she'll keep hearing people tell lies. This means she'll enjoy Do Ha's company because he doesn't lie.

Episode 1-2 BTS

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2

Episode 2 continues to be engaging and enjoyable. Time flies quite quickly when I was watching this.

Not sure what happens to Sol Hee's parents but at present time, they appears to live separately. Sol Hee has a safe in the bank where she stores gold bars (WHAT?!) and she still thinks the gold bars she has currently isn't enough for her to own a building (WHAT?).

She gets a text message that her mum max out the credit card and she goes to see mum. Mum was at a cafe busy swindling someone. Huhhh? During their conversation, Mum yells at Sol Hee she went to jail for Sol Hee and storms off. Hmm, need some more context here! Sol Hee goes home and there was a letter filled with scenery pictures from her dad (signifying he's travelling...?).

Through her work, Sol Hee was hired to check if Do Ha is lying when Do Ha meet another composer who's jealous of him. Through the conversation and seeing drunk Do Ha at the carpark, Sol Hee figures out the man in the mask is Kim Do Ha, her new neighbour, and she manages to peek at his face before he could stop her. Do Ha has recognised her from 5 years ago, but will Sol Hee?

Do Ha is linked to the Hakcheon Beach case whereby a girl went missing. It's because of this case that he is hiding his face, and scared of people. The man who chased after Do Ha 5 years ago was the girl's brother. He's been disguising as police investigating this case, and was arrested by second male lead (Seo Ji Hoon) for dressing up as a police. We learned from a policeman that this guy had stabbed Do Ha in the back before and Do Ha has a scar on the left shoulder.

OST 1

Episode 3 Pre-release preview

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2

Episode 3-4

Seo Ji Hoon plays Sol Hee's ex-fiancé who seems to be keeping something from Sol Hee. Could it be something to do with her mother being a swindler? From their conversation, he moved away after they broke up. Never once called her for the next 3 years and cancelled his phone number as well. So yes, why would he do that and then tell her he misses her. He had better have a good decent reason even though it's too late because he isn't the male lead of this drama. Bwahaha!

As for Kim Do Ha/Seung Joo, I now wonder why he'd date a dorai girlfriend. I say she is dorai because I don't believe she is dead and if she isn't dead then why where is she hiding all these years even her brother thinks she is dead? Is she trying to punish Do Ha for wanting to break up with her?

Outside of their own personal backstory, both Sol Hee and Do Ha are getting to know each other quite well. Wish Yun Ji On (the CEO) had more screen time.

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Tasty 1

I am enjoying the drama, except for the obsessive possessive SFL bit who thinks she must be the one with Doha. 

So what's with the ending of ep.4? He lied about not killing the ex-girlfriend? Body not found yet, so it's true that she could still be living... Anyway, I really hated the SFL for putting Doha through the trauma again. And what's with the creating a false alibi for him. What exactly happened that day? 

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Seo Ji Hoon plays Sol Hee's ex-fiancé who seems to be keeping something from Sol Hee. Could it be something to do with her mother being a swindler? From their conversation, he moved away after they broke up. Never once called her for the next 3 years and cancelled his phone number as well. So yes, why would he do that and then tell her he misses her. He had better have a good decent reason even though it's too late because he isn't the male lead of this drama. Bwahaha!

I wonder about the secret he is hiding too... It's really too bad SJH is not the ML here, and when will he become the ML? I love seeing his smile. I think he has the potential to be ML. Lots of people like him.

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I read somewhere SML should be sick or something, but don't know how true is this. This drama is my happy pill now, so lucky to be in between two handsome eye candies ! 

The bunny jumping SH is so cute, way to go to protect the ML haha.. Btw the trend nowadays the ML is weak, you need to drive them around and looks fragile haha....

Also love the hand holding to pretend protecting her. He should know the ex not dangerous? But he don't want to let go her hand haha... quite sly 🤪

Btw he's very handsome with mask on too, he can keep the mask haha... 

Call @Alice Wonderland

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 8/9/2023 at 8:48 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I read somewhere SML should be sick or something, but don't know how true is this. This drama is my happy pill now, so lucky to be in between two handsome eye candies ! 

The bunny jumping SH is so cute, way to go to protect the ML haha.. Btw the trend nowadays the ML is weak, you need to drive them around and looks fragile haha....

Also love the hand holding to pretend protecting her. He should know the ex not dangerous? But he don't want to let go her hand haha... quite sly 🤪

Btw he's very handsome with mask on too, he can keep the mask haha... 

Call @Alice Wonderland

Yeah, he is so handsome, I saw him in AoS as Seo Yul. But KDH is just really handaome 😍 and yeah the ex, the driver too are handsome  so how to be SML MSH? (I thought u wrote it for female lead name but I just realize it is second male lead, lols) ok, so that is his reason for agreeing to the break up. 

That jumping bunny is just so cute. Lols. I want to be monday again!

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Party! 2

Was wondering what to fill my drama calendar with now that King the Land is done. Decided to binge the first 4 episodes over the weekend and am now nicely caught up with episode 5 last night. 

I think I rather like Hwang Minhyun - I don't find an issue with his acting and thought him ok in AOS as well. 

Am liking the pace of the story too. And this "lying in his sleep". I wonder too if the ex is really dead. No body found? A bit odd ya? But then again, he changed his name. There's a good chance she might've as well? But why is it that him saying he didn't kill her is heard as a lie? The emotions are probably very complex. He might not have been the one to drive whatever supposed weapon it was into her, but the guilt of causing her to be devastated by their breakup could be in his mind also why he subconsciously believes he killed her too. Whatever the case, the drama has got my attention. Let's go, episode 6! (I know they're trolling us with those images of her being on the bed and him either dressing up... or down... heh, Whatever.)

Edited by gilaswan
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1