My Lovely Liar 소용없어 거짓말 [2023]

This week's episode is just so fluffy cute. I like all the things going on here. He finally removes his mask and start living a social life slowly. 

MS name is just so unique like DH's said. Mok sol (목소리 means voice) since she can hear the lies so her name sounds pretty matched to her gift. 

There are a lot of shady characters to be suspect as the real culprit here. So I find it pretty weird for the ceo guy to overreacted covering DH in front of the public. He seems more paranoid if people finds out about DH. And his toxic brother too, I really hope that writer can give us a scene where he got beaten for good. He blackmailing and extorting more money r just so awful. That Syaon girl too is just so annoying. 

But luckily we got more super cute scenes. DH did all the things that r just so sweet. :wow: I really love how he waits her in suit and opes the car door, protecting her head from a head bump or peel off  the love-shaped shrimps. Oh my poor heart, :heart:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Probably my favourite scene from episode 6

They both trying to downplay the date event by thinking to just wear the red soccer t-shirt. But both changed their mind at a very last minute and decided to dress up to the moon 😅 All the events leading to this scene are very sweet and unexpected. The director is genius. 

The pink and black filtering are so dreamy, and they also made KSH wear pink and HMH on black suit. Aesthetically so pleasing. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Spoiler

This Syaon character is one of those annoying love triangle character we are discussing in the event thread. 🙄 Seo Ji Hoon may become another one later when he finds out Do Ha was the suspect.

---

The drama has wrapped up and today is their wrap up party

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
On 8/16/2023 at 8:14 AM, Tofu said:

This drama is 16 episodes long, right? Do you think they will have enough material for that? 

Mysterious death, false alibis, exhorting money, questionable best friend, jealous obsessive possessive SFL, ex-fiancé with a secret, demanding con-mother, ML with traumatic past, a human lie detector... Yup! I think we have enough for 16 episodes. 

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

New stills

This one if you understood Chinese, it'd be more meaningful. LOL

Spoiler

15 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Mysterious death, false alibis, exhorting money, questionable best friend, jealous obsessive possessive SFL, ex-fiancé with a secret, demanding con-mother, ML with traumatic past, a human lie detector... Yup! I think we have enough for 16 episodes. 

And stabbing! I see potential stabbing from the preview for tonight's episode. Yay. :laugh:

• Haha 1

Hmm, this time he is conscious when he said he didn't kill but still it comes out as a lie, so is it still subconsciously he believes he did? Or he is going to continue saying he thinks he is responsible in the next episode which explains why Sol Hee heard the bell?

@ktcjdrama Why is best friend questionable? I don't know why his younger brother (who looks more like the older one) thinks Do Ha owes him. Hope to get more context soon.

Episode 9 Preview

Do Ha was fine in episode 8's ending so that stabbing scene must be from the past. Disappointing and now episode 9 preview tries to trick me again with another potential stabbing. Tsk. :KittyMallet:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Why is best friend questionable? I don't know why his younger brother (who looks more like the older one) thinks Do Ha owes him. Hope to get more context soon.

He seems to be hiding something. He is more worried about DH face being shown than DH himself. I think it’s not just to protect the company interest. The most telling is when the brother of the victim came looking for him and how he was so terrified. 

The younger brother gave a false alibi for DH which led him to being cleared as the suspect. So he thinks DH can reach where he is now was all due to him testifying DH was with him. Creating this false alibi was the best friend’s idea... so yeah, all this made him a questionable character. He might even be the actual killer? 😱 Just my wild speculation haha...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Just finished watching this week's episode, and not that I want the next Monday to come quickly, but I do want to know what's gonna happen next! I need to rewatch this weeks' episodes again (cos I was watching them in instalments through the day), but my initial thoughts are... 

It's getting exciting!

I like that her ex gave her a new perspective - you hear lies but you do not hear the reasons behind them. And I love it that their relationship is getting stronger and she's willing to see beyond the obvious and still believe him. I'm just wondering why the statement "I did not" is being heard as a lie. Very simplistically, if "I did not" is not true, then "I did" must be true. But we are clearly being led to think that he did not, so what did he do then? Is it false guilt that's speaking? If it is his bestie Hyung that could possibly be the one (though what would the motivation be? At the time, Do Ha was still not a famous songwriter so surely it was not for his business yet?), is it the lie of protecting him? But the semantics of the sentence still does not make sense to be picked up as an untruth. It should have been picked up as a truth statement still. 

• Like 2

Hmm, I think J Entertainment BFF is genuinely concerned of Do Ha. And disappointingly, he slips, and seems like he also thinks Do Ha killed the girl. I enjoyed the angsty part in episode 8. It adds some tension to Do Ha's character and makes him emote a little bit more. The ending scene was quite exciting and well done, even repeating it the second time (saw the spoiler cut last night).

There is some character development in this show in the sense that Sol Hee has always relied on the bell ringing on her that she never questions the reasons behind the lies. Other than the ex, her encounter with the old man who feign ignorance over the lies I also think gives her another perspective.

@gilaswan Do Ha's "I did not kill her" is a lie because when they fought, she told him she wanted to die; he told her to go ahead and die. Hence, even though he didn't physically action the killing, he believes he caused the death indirectly.

BTS

• Like 1

@mademoiselle @SilverMoonTea I have done with my deadline and got half day work. So I watched bith episodes this morning.

This is interesting the one who can hear his lies but tried so hard to believe in him while other who say care of him didnt really believe him and keep making him to keep hiding the case. What I like the most is what SH told him in that bar last time, that it's kind of habit that he keeps dumping his duty to others. He should faces his problem himself and deals with it fair and square. So I like the episodes even they felt kinda slow compared to previous ones. But they start revealing us some bits of their conflict. I guess the lies that SH heard from him is actually his self blaming since he told the ex to die when she threatened him she cant live without him. He didn't know that she actually committed suicide or got killed by some other random guy maybe. SH can hear lies but she cant hear the reason why. Thanks to this enlightments, she could be sure of what she's contemplating for. I feel sorry for LKM. He's not getting the girl here again. Ah, when will he get a drama that he wont be broken heart, he seems to be the forever sad boy ambassador at this rate.

The ending of ep 8 is just so fluttery. Lols. I was guessing will they end up kissing each other so sudden or not. If they do I might not dislike it completely but it will be kind of abrutly and make the story becomes meh, which mostly makes me get easily bored and drop dramas. I was kind of relieve and disappointed when they dont, lols. You know what I mean right. 

I want next episodes asap and the wait would be long as usual, so I'm gonna watch for the new arrival one @mademoiselle see you there!

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2

Haven't got the tome to catch up this. Since I can only watch one drama per night. 😔 I got home pretty late lately. So I spend few time for dramas. And I watched BYT last night. Since it is very hillarious and I cant stop laughing. I might watch this together with tonight's episode. 

Oh, the two r so lovely. Will brb once I'vw done watching everything. 😉

• Like 2