Na PD's new restaurant variety 'Seojin's' reportedly airing next month

1673326189-20230109-seojin.jpg

Na Young Suk PD's latest installment in his expanding franchise, 'Seojin's' (working title) is reportedly airing some time in early February. 

A spin-off series following successful restaurant and service variety series like 'Youn's Kitchen' and 'Youn's Stay', 'Seojin's' features a brand new fast food restaurant opened by Lee Seo Jin, gone from manager to now full-fledged owner. Besides the owner of 'Youn's Stay' Youn Yeo Jung, who was unable to join the crew this time around due to her filming schedules for 'Pachinko' season 2, the new restaurant features the same, friendly staff. There's the reliable chefs Jung Yoo Mi and Park Seo Joon, the errand boy Choi Woo Sik, plus a new addition to the team, BTS's V. It's believed that the BTS member's addition to the program is the result of a special ticket that V earned during the variety program 'The Game Caterers', aired in May of 2021. 

Meanwhile, 'Seojin's wrapped up filming some time at the end of 2022 in Mexico. The program is expected to begin airing in early February during a Friday evening time slot.

source

Who is watching this with me??? @SilverMoonTea @stroppyse Got BTS!!! @Alice Wonderland Your Woo Sik Oppa! @Tofu I doubt you would but... thought I'll at least try. Hahahaha!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

I will watch the first episode to see how I like it. I didn't really watch the other seasons, just clips here and there. 

I'm curious about V's dynamic with everyone. I know he gets along well with Park Seo Joon and Choi Woo Shik. I'm the most curious about his interactions with @SilverMoonTea's ahjussi. Hahaha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
23 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm curious about V's dynamic with everyone. I know he gets along well with Park Seo Joon and Choi Woo Shik. I'm the most curious about his interactions with @SilverMoonTea's ahjussi. Hahaha! 

I think it'll be mostly fine, though I suspect that V will drive Seo Jin at least a little crazy. V definitely has a different way of thinking about things and even has unique ways of getting things done. V's unique ways will probably have Seo Jin shaking his head. However, V is also so adorable and is so puppyish in wanting to get along with everyone he meets, that Seo Jin will probably also find himself smiling despite himself.

Anyway, that's my prediction!

• Like 1

With the most senior person Youn Yuh Jung unable to be on the show, that makes @SilverMoonTea ahjussi Oppa Lee Seo Jin the most senior. I'm looking forward to watch him bosses everyone around :laugh:. And also him arguing with Na PD to get the most out of everything (especially money). But I also think he's mellowed down a lot and not so curt and grumpy-like anymore, isn't it @SilverMoonTea?

And I'm definitely excited to see Park Seo Joon back as one of the Chefs. He definitely will be a chef since Seo Jin, Woo Sik and V aren't going to be the cook.

Woo Sik - since it is filmed in Mexico, we will see him speak English again. Yay.

V - the new maknae means Woo Sik gets to boss someone else too. Hahaha! From the get-go, it is likely that Woo Sik and V will be the waiting staff and Seo Jin will remain as the Boss :pandacool: behind the beverage counter. :MewGiggle:

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

New Preview

tvN has shared a fun glimpse of its star-studded new variety show “Seo Jin’s” (working title)!

A spin-off of the hit reality show “Youn’s Kitchen,” “Seo Jin’s” will also feature a cast of stars opening and running a small Korean restaurant overseas. Instead of Youn Yuh Jung, Lee Seo Jin will be taking over as boss of the new restaurant, and he will be joined by “Youn’s Kitchen” cast members Park Seo Joon and Jung Yu Mi, as well as their “Youn’s Stay” co-star Choi Woo Shik and newcomer BTS’s V.

The newly released teaser begins with the cast opening up shop in Mexico, with Park Seo Joon remarking, “I think there’ll be lots of people when we open for business.” However, the initial turnout isn’t what they’d hoped, and a despondent Lee Seo Jin asks in the empty restaurant, “Wow, business is this slow? But they said Korean food was all the rage! All the rage my foot.”

Fortunately, customers soon start trickling in, and before they know it, Lee Seo Jin is turning people away because there are no empty tables. Noticing the drastic improvement in Lee Seo Jin’s mood, Park Seo Joon laughs, “All of a sudden, his facial expression has improved.”

As the clip shows the dramatic contrast between Lee Seo Jin when the restaurant is doing well versus when it isn’t, V jokes, “I feel like I’m watching Jekyll and Hyde.”

When Lee Seo Jin asks if they should take one last customer even after they’ve already closed for business, Jung Yu Mi exclaims, “No!” and Park Seo Joon laughs wryly, “He didn’t use to be like that.” With the entire staff exhausted from Lee Seo Jin’s burning need to serve as many customers as possible, Park Seo Joon exclaims, “The hyung [older brother or male friend] I used to know is now my boss. He’s not my hyung anymore!”

“Seo Jin’s” will premiere on February 24 at 8:50 p.m. KST. Check out the new teaser below!

source

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know why people would pay a restaurant to cook instant noodles for them 😅 but in this case, I think the Mexicans did not know if was a packaged instant noodle. LOL.

I tried fried hot dog here once, I actually am not sure I'd like this dish either. I guess I'd have to give it another try when I can access authentic version in South Korea. Gimbap, I will try. Tteokbokki is nice but can't handle how spicy it is (I've tried this before at Korean restaurant and too much for me).

I LOLed when V wore the kitchen mouth shield incorrectly :lmao2:. Other than that he's pretty capable and competent so there's no drama to watch. Maybe the atmosphere will be a bit different when Woo Sik joins them. Oh, is he being serious when he asked how much is their salary? Or it's his 4Dness there? I am sure this would have been sorted before joining the program.

• Like 1

@mademoiselle

Ep 1 

Seo Jinnie now seems to be pressurized the employee more now that he's upgraded to store owner 😅

The first diner called many other people to come to the restaurant, so not too bad. 

Btw Wooshik will be late, too bad. 

Overall I think nothing much new. I still prefer overall ambiance in Youn's Stay, and the guests were more interesting too , as they come from various different culture. 

This has very much almost same concept with the one in Spain. 

• Like 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

This has very much almost same concept with the one in Spain. 

Yeah. I think the idea is to introduce Korean food to the foreigners and introduce a country for travelling to South Korean audiences. Youn's Stay was a branch out concept because of COVID-19 they can't fly out to do Youn's Kitchen. I don't mind both but after a while it might become a little bland, so I think later on they will add another dish(es).

You should check out Bros on Foot. It's quite fun, mainly because I love watching Ju Ji Hoon cook and you get to know them a bit better as themselves. Both Ha Jung Woo and Ju Ji Hoon always look cool on screen (esp. in Along with the Gods) and then you learn that they have their limitations and not-so-cool moment(s). Ha Jung Woo and Yeo Jin Goo both have height phobia. Ju Ji Joon is a little better but he totally freak when Min Ho took him to do bumgee jumping. I had a good laugh in that episode. Everyone gave Jin Goo the highest respect when he went into the icy cold (with icebergs) lake as their mission to win tickets for Koreans who didn't have the money to travel etc. Ha Jung Woo had tears in his eyes, LOL, partly because I think he felt guilty that him being the eldest Hyung and couldn't suck it up and do the challenge. First episode is mostly them riding the bicycle in the challenge to you can FF through it.

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Seo Jinnie now seems to be pressurized the employee more now that he's upgraded to store owner

He's taking it so seriously LMAO.

P.S. I ended up cooking myself instant noodles for dinner (Maggi Mee) coz both variety have the actors eat ramyeon. It's late and I don't really want to eat dinner anymore but then I don't want to have that starving feeling later in the night during sleep time.

• Insightful 1
On 2/27/2023 at 10:52 AM, Alice Wonderland said:

I'm looking for episode 2! Choin intern has just arrived to rescue! But is it only 2 episode per week???

1 episode per week

Day 2 gotten very busy for them already. I'm surprised no one recognises V yet since it was an impression that they are so international that many people knew them. So far only one set of customers (male) sort of mentioned V is someone from idol band. Woo Sik joined quite late in episode 2. Poor boy immediately dragged into the kitchen to do washing.

@SilverMoonTea Did you finish episode 1?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

1 episode per week

Day 2 gotten very busy for them already. I'm surprised no one recognises V yet since it was an impression that they are so international that many people knew them. So far only one set of customers (male) sort of mentioned V is someone from idol band. Woo Sik joined quite late in episode 2. Poor boy immediately dragged into the kitchen to do washing.

@SilverMoonTea Did you finish episode 1?

Yes I did finished ep 1 haha. But haven't got mood to continue ep 2. Ep 2 more enjoyable?

• Like 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif