aka Hyo Shim's Independent Life

효심이네 각자도생

Airing Saturdays and Sundays

Starting September 16, 2023

Director: Kim Hyung Il

Writer: Jo Jung Seon

Broadcast: KBS2

Synopsis:

Hyo Shim is the third child in her family and the only daughter with 2 older brothers and 1 younger brother. She ends up working as a top fitness trainer to support her mother and their family after their father walks out on them. However, she is tired of thanklessly working to support everyone, and wants to live her own life for a change.

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Cast

Main

Uee as Lee Hyo Shim, the third child and only daughter in her family

Ha Joon as Kang Tae Ho

Go Joo Won as Kang Tae Min, heir to Taesan Group

Lee Hyo Shim's Family

Yoon Mi Ra as Lee Seon Soon, HS' mother

Nam Sung Jin as Lee Hyo Seong, HS' oldest brother

Lim Ji Eun as Yang Hee Joo, Hyo Seong's wife

Seo Seol Hwan as Lee Hyo Jun, HS's second brother

Kim Do Yeon as Lee Hyo Do, HS's younger brother

Kang Tae Ho's Family

Jung Young Sook as Choi Myung Hee

Lee Hwi Hyang as Jang Sook Hyang

Noh Young Guk as Kang Jin Beom, current chairman of Taesan Group

Lee Kwang Ki as Yeo Jin Su, executive director of Taesan Group

Kim Bi Joo as Kang Tae Hee, precious daughter of Taesan Group

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Am here for the leads. It's been a while since I have seen Uee. Poor Hajun ...he's got a love triangle here and also with his other drama with Rowoon :laugh:

Highlight trailer

Press con

29UNM87PVT_1.jpg

Nice to see him in his first lead role

article.jpg

The love triangle

Spoiler

article.jpg

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

It's my first weekend drama after so many years. I think I will watch if the drama is with uee. I dont know it feels like I can keep up with the story. Also we have handsome male lead here. So yeah...got more motivated. 😂

Story is quite okay. Glad that the grandmother is pretty smart tried escaping. I net she will meet HS through HD. HS's mom is really spoilling the boys for nothing. How she feeds her second son and being so much considerate to the eldest son and being kinda ignorant for the youngest one. And she complained a lot for HS even she did everything for the family. The useless sons are just so annoying. Why is Uee always got character with a bad mother?? 

I want to see her to stop supporting her family blindly and what makes me more furious the second brother asked her to send her the allowance? What the h**! Whoa, I want smack his head on the spot! Who does he think he is! Shameless and terrible! And the mother treats him so well?! I dont know how long I could watch this while seeing these ungrateful brats leeching off HS shamelessly. But I like they keep ending the episodes always with TH and HS. I like how he looks so annoyed for the gym registration. 😂

@abs-oluteM even so, I feel his chemistry here is better than in that one. And he will get the girl here right. I can tell HS will fall for him rather than his brother. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 8:44 AM, Mizv said:

Heard the father actor died.  
seems shows been off schedule. I wondered if it was going be canceled or continued?  Only 5 episodes so far.

I just checked. His role will be taken over by another actor, who will start appearing in Ep.8. 
The show is off schedule because of some cancellations due to other conflicting events which resulted in only 1 episode airing each week instead of 2 episodes. 

I haven't started watching this. How is it so far? 

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Arrgh! I'm not sure about this drama. I feel as if I hate every character so far, except perhaps TH and his grandmother?

They've really set up HS and her family to all be really annoying and impractical. I could go into reams of words to explain how I think they are all pretty thoughtless and stupid. Even HS who desperately doesn't want to be responsible for her family who willfully get into financial trouble, allows herself to be sucked in time and again. I guess this is meant to show that she is a "good" person, but she seems mostly to be enabling destructive behavior. And her entire family are all pretty loathesome, including her SIL.

Wait, I guess actually HS' nephew Philip seems to be a good kid, though how he managed that with the parents he has is a darn miracle.

Wonder if this drama will get better?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I’m suprised I’m watching this drama after it technically fell off the earth.  it's mostly due to more of habit  to watch weekend dramas.

HyonShim family is pathetic to a perfect T. 
Can’t help feel sorry for  HS.  What’s more pathetic when Prince Charming rescues dear HS, will have to be liable for the rest of family as well.  It’s just too pathetic.  I think I’m only watching cuz I think TaeMin is kinda cute.  

everyone else ain’t worth mentioning… when the grandma comes out of her mole hole things will get interesting 

• Like 2

On 11/28/2023 at 3:14 PM, Mizv said:

I’m suprised I’m watching this drama after it technically fell off the earth.  it's mostly due to more of habit  to watch weekend dramas.

HyonShim family is pathetic to a perfect T. 
Can’t help feel sorry for  HS.  What’s more pathetic when Prince Charming rescues dear HS, will have to be liable for the rest of family as well.  It’s just too pathetic.  I think I’m only watching cuz I think TaeMin is kinda cute.  

everyone else ain’t worth mentioning… when the grandma comes out of her mole hole things will get interesting 

Myabe that's the reason why I'm watching it too. After a couple of very disappointing weekend dramas, this one is watchable. I keep hoping things will start getting more interesting once the ML start dating...let's see.

HyoShim's family annoys me. Especially the two younger brothers...and the Mom. I HATE that mom!

I found TaeMin cute but for a while now, he's just getting too crazy. His delusional love story will make him go bonkers like his mom...or when he finds out about that nasty secretary being his dad (at least I think there's the chance he is)

Wonder how long can grandma be in hiding.

@Min86I didn’t think that far ahead of TaeMin not being the biological son. Now I wonder if HyoShim long lost father is the secretary? That is a selfish reason to diss your family. More juice to the story line if TaeMin and HyoShim are brother and sister.  taemin definitely can’t have HS…

the selfish self centered sister in law finally showed her human colors. Finally can understand her reason for pushing Pil Lip to play golf and give her 200 percent to her kids.  It’s normal wanting your kids to have better opportunities than you did. though it does seem kids don’t really comprehend what the point of all is this barking up the tree.   Parenting is exhausting.  I will lift my criticism toward the sister in law.

as for the older brothers… they have a long way to go.  They don’t represent the protection of family.   Even the eldest feeding his baby sister to the wolves with the modeling contract makes me see his role pointless.   Why are the brothers in the drama?

the youngest brother struggles to achieve success is understood with his education and background. I can empathize his struggle and what he is doing. Though it’s somewhat idiotic most of the time 

TaeHo is slick  giving him points.  I really like him giving HS space. At the same time kinda cute the way he is staying on her radar 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone still watching? happy to see Hyo Sim move out and LOVE her oldest bro finally standing up.  He knew it was so wrong to let her carry the responsibility of the family.  I love the fact he told his wife…. Get ready…Mentally 😂😂

The wicked glee of Tae Mins mom gives off the vibe maybe she is the one who ordered Tae Ho father death. 

• Like 1