Stand By Me 那些回不去的年少時光 [2023]

ktcjdrama

vLmrW_4f.jpg

Title: Stand By Me

Chinese Title: 那些回不去的年少時光

Novel: A Book Dedicated To Our Youth / Time Will Never Go Back (那些回不去的年少时光) by Tong Hua (桐华)

Broadcast Dates: 16 September - 16 October 2023

Genre: slice of life, youth, romance

Episodes: 30

Director: Wang Zhi Yong

Screenwriter: Wu Tong

Broadcasters: MangoTV, Viki

Cast:

Zhao Jin Mai  >>  Luo Qi Qi

Bai Yu Fan  >>  Xu Xiao Bo

Story:

Growing up in the 1990s, Luo Qi Qi had a rather unique school career. Having survived her lonely elementary years, she moved into a rather chaotic phase during middle school. Now, as a high school senior, she faces the inevitable challenges that come with transitioning into young adulthood. Never a great student, the pressure of passing college entrance exams and getting into a good university is at times unbearable. Lucky for Qi Qi, her stubborn nature means she refuses to accept defeat, at least in most cases. Unfortunately, the same can’t be said when it comes to love. Having been on and off friends with Xu Xiao Bo for years, Qi Qi has recently started to notice that it’s become a lot more difficult to understand their relationship. Sometimes it seems like his feelings for her have developed into something beyond friendship but at other times, it seems like they’re nothing more than old acquaintances. Struggling to make sense of so much of her life, Qi Qi embarks on a journey of growth, love, and friendship. Will the lessons she learns while she’s young lead her to a brighter future? (Source: Viki)

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I stumbled upon this drama while browsing the Chinese drama titles... Checked the first episode out, and now at ep.3 already. I really enjoyed it and so far, it's all good. Also by the same writer of Lost You Forever. Come watch with me. @40somethingahjumma @abs-oluteM @liddi Who else might enjoy this genre?

• Thanks 2
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I stumbled upon this drama while browsing the Chinese drama titles... Checked the first episode out, and now at ep.3 already. I really enjoyed it and so far, it's all good. Also by the same writer of Lost You Forever. Come watch with me. @40somethingahjumma @abs-oluteM @liddi Who else might enjoy this genre?

ooo the girl from Reset. Ok ...looks interesting. Will check out. I am finishing up A Time Called You this week. 

• Party! 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

The child actress for young Qi Qi is really good. We see how lively she was when much younger and when living with her grandpa. Very smart girl too. After the mother took her away, it's like her soul is sucked dry of joy. I dislike her mother so much, but understand that was how most parents operated with in those days ~ conditional love, though said in a gentle tone... "If you continue to be like that, I won't like you anymore", "You have to obey. If you're obedient, then we will like you"

• Insightful 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama No I have not watched this - wasn't even on my radar until your shoutout. Now that I realise it is based on 桐华 Tong Hua's novel, am definitely adding it to my list. Thank you for bringing it to my attention! Not sure what to expect, but will definitely try it some time hopefully soon, having just completed My Journey to You. Another one of Tong Hua's works I am waiting for (which has not even started filming yet) is modern fantasy themed drama 滤镜 Filter, with Tan Jianci and Li Landi as the leads. 

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

I saw this on Viki but I'm now watching 3 C dramas including My Journey To You and Parallel World plus DP 2.

I am all drama-out at this point. 

I'm fond of Zhao Jinmai though. Will put it on my watchlist. It has similar beats to an older C drama about two women who grew up together.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

14 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I like both actors and was waiting for more episodes to come out before I start.

O yay!! You won't regret it. I'm now at ep.7, and can't stop. Three boys around her, I just can't decide who is the best person for her. 

15 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Her hairstyle though...LOL!

LOL indeed...! Still trying to get used to it. I don't know why they don't just do a normal bob... not messy/rebellious enough? haha... 

• Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

The child actors are very good especially the kid who plays younger Qiqi. I remember her from Hidden Love. Definitely a star in the making.

I'm really enjoying this. Qiqi is very relatable and her struggles tug at the heartstrings. It touches a nerve here and there. But I'm really drawn into all of their struggles and stories.

I have no idea who she ends up with but her chemistry with the lad that plays Zhang Jun is fantastic. It's probably the actor.

It does remind me a little of Anne of Green Gables.

This final third of the year is really making up for the lacklustre first two-thirds.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Party! 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Ep.7 - At around 27 min. Love the advice that the female teacher was giving to Qiqi at the bus stop, regarding not to care too much about how other people think about her. Don't let other people's opinion define who she is. Don't worry if she doesn't think she is measuring up to other people's standard. There are just way too many standards in this world to go with.

Ep.9 - I especially love the parting words from the male teacher to Qiqi's delinquent friend, Lin Lan. At around 37 min. He encouraged her to keep moving forward and not stop just because she didn't get into university. Those who graduated from universities may not necessarily earn more than those who didn't have a degree. But still, there are usually regrets, of not making the best use of the opportunities available when younger.

你們生在了好時代,現在到處都是機會。

他們的路太窄,當你知道的越多,你看的世界就會越大,你能走的路也就越寬

Anyway, I kinda read a synopsis of the novel. ## spoiler potential ahead ## It seems that Qiqi's heart is more towards Zhang Jun, but looks like they will not end up together because there will be another girl, Guan He. And eventually, it is Xiao Bo who will be there for Qiqi.

• Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

22 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Anyway, I kinda read a synopsis of the novel. ## spoiler potential ahead ## It seems that Qiqi's heart is more towards Zhang Jun, but looks like they will not end up together because there will be another girl, Guan He. And eventually, it is Xiao Bo who will be there for Qiqi.

I kind of suspected that because he's second billed and they have a lot of deep discussions but so far he seems to be brotherzoned. He also kind of looks noticeably older than her. I feel like he looks a bit too old to be playing Xiaobo. From what I've gathered from online chatter elsewhere, it does seem like he might be the endgame although I've heard the novel has an open ending.

• Clapping Hands 1

49 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I feel like he looks a bit too old to be playing Xiaobo.

Among the actors, he is the oldest in age. 

I'm already feeling the pain of watching Qiqi and Zhang Jun push and pull relationship.  The stares and the gazes... intense. There will always be that one smart "bad" boy who gives you headache and heartache in life :laugh: 

@OsmanthusTea you might enjoy this one. Come watch with us.

• Haha 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif