DouYin Drama Discussion

Posted (edited)

男主:甄子琦

女主:贾翼瑄

ML: Zhen Ziqi

FL: Jia Yixuan

Their first collab was amazing but sad ending with both of them died and reunited in the after life. This one is another amazing script, great acting and sizzling chemistry with happy ending.

This ML's bad boy/gangster vibes is on top among all of the DY bad boys. Plus his sexy dark smooth voice. The girl is one of the cutest with versatile acting chop too.

Another one....

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 5/16/2024 at 2:23 PM, OsmanthusTea said:

Good drama with strong FL. SFL is a total psycho, literally. ML is super good looking. Chemistry is on fire and the script is good.

that was a bright and so hilarious drama...:laugh:

I liked the whole cast, the FL is pretty and bossy, the ML is handsome and the BIL and the ML's secretary are funny.

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

In the last couple of days I've watched 3 of Zhen Ziqi's dramas. Two with Jia Yixuan and the third with another actress. The third one is definitely the best. Compared to the other two this third one is a quality product. There's no doubting his chemistry with Jia Yixuan but those scripts aren't the best. 

He's one talented kid. Not only does he have serious acting chops, he just exudes sex appeal effortlessly.

Here he is the second son of a chaebol family -- the illegitimate son but the one with the most business acumen. He recruits a young lawyer who lost her entire family in a fire and gets her to get close to his third brother.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Posted (edited)

@40somethingahjumma

Sadly that vid isn't available in my country but I saw this one with unfamiliar FL. I have not watch fully yet but seems to be a nother adaptation of the usual script. Btw, he is currently filming another one with JYX, saw it in DouYin.

MengNa and Wang YiRan

MengNa and Du YaFei

This is a fresh pairing with 2 popular FLs. Original script and great production. Mie Qi is great as a bitchy jealous arrogant SFL. I always think that she isn't suitable as a Mary Sue.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
  • Party! 1

This story has been done before with the same actress but with a different ML. 

This one features Shen Haonan as the ML I'm posting it ASAP because who knows when it could be taken down. Hope you can watch it in your country.

• Like 1
  • Party! 2

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Posted (edited)

@40somethingahjumma

MengNa and DYF's drama is spicy. These 2 are the "it" CP at the moment. They are really good in creating a strong solid sexual tension. Their spiciness is increasing by the drama :PsyWhat: No waste of chemistry and it's a good script too.

Btw, if you can screenshot that unavailable for me maybe I can look for another channel that is available in my country. I think I know which drama though, saw it in Douyin. Is it the one the FL is Wang ChenPeng's FL where he was a pilot? The long arse mini drama worth 4 hours??

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Party! 1
Posted (edited)

On 5/24/2024 at 1:43 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Here he is the second son of a chaebol family -- the illegitimate son but the one with the most business acumen. He recruits a young lawyer who lost her entire family in a fire and gets her to get close to his third brother.

I liked the drama because of their (the ML and the FL) calm acting. The ML is alluring. 

On 5/25/2024 at 7:10 AM, OsmanthusTea said:

MengNa and Du YaFei

The main couple have  an amazing chemistry and I like all their random kisses. 

I watched the drama with Shen Haonan, @40somethingahjumma recommended it

I liked only the couple and their outfits. The script was lame and the villains were

annoying. 

The ML...   :love:

Edited by rocher22
  • Like 1
  • Party! 2
On 5/26/2024 at 1:47 AM, OsmanthusTea said:

@40somethingahjumma

MengNa and DYF's drama is spicy. These 2 are the "it" CP at the moment. They are really good in creating a strong solid sexual tension. Their spiciness is increasing by the drama :PsyWhat: No waste of chemistry and it's a good script too.

The thing I like about Du Yafei is that like Liu Qing, he always looks like he's in love with the woman in front of him. Maybe it's those puppy eyes.  He certainly has something special with Meng Na but he is generally superb at romancing all his FLs even if they're not the greatest of actresses.

The latest drama with Meng Na is very well done and acted. The script is good certainly with dark overtones. The kissing scenes are numerous and they do sizzle. He certainly has earned a reputation of being a great kisser. I'm not sure if it's a show that I would rewatch though because of the way its shot for much of the first half as some kind of forbidden incestuous love when it really isn't. The sins of the parents had consequences for the children. Adultery caused two people who were fated to be lovers but forced to be step-siblings to hide their attraction from each other. Thankfully the ML is strategic and plays the long game well. Occasionally I find the writing of his character somewhat inconsistent but Du Yafei is undoubtedly excellent in the role.

I found another Du Yafei drama over the last couple of days. It's a ridiculous triplets story but I find myself grinning a lot because of the oldest kid who is very talented. I think the lad's name is Guo Jing. I'm a sucker for shows featuring children. It's been posted on 4 different channels. It's silly fun but we all know what we're watching when we see kids with superhero abilities protecting their mother who is little more than a damsel in distress. I don't take it too seriously and I'm very entertained.

I can't find another version of the Zhen Ziqi drama.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The thing I like about Du Yafei is that like Liu Qing, he always looks like he's in love with the woman in front of him. Maybe it's those puppy eyes.  He certainly has something special with Meng Na but he is generally superb at romancing all his FLs even if they're not the greatest of actresses.

Du YaFei, LiuQing AND I would like to throw in Shen HaoNan and Wang YiRan...:PsyWhat: These 4 got such soulful eyes that dripping with honey and spices when they look at their love interest...:love: I'm positively impress especially with SHN because he can manage to shows that enormous amount of love to everything in skirts despite preferring everything in pants...:PsyWhat:

While Lu DanDong, Wang HanYang, Ma XiaoYu and Zhen Ziqi are totally great as an unhinged violent husband :shocked2: LDD is scary as violent abusive husband, I flinched a lot while watching. Wang HanYang is sort of changing his genre to violent BUT emotionally charged ML and he is sooo good in his 2 dramas with ZhongXi (there is another one coming). While Ma XiaoYu and Zhen Ziqi are on top as the bad boys/gangster/psychopath ML....:HaunterOK:

SHN's latest mini drama but not by DouYin. It's a Tencent production. I hope I can find it somewhere, https://mydramalist.com/768265-your-trap

Saw lots of the spicy cuts in DouYin and MY GADH!! SHN looks like manhwa character comes alive.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

I've seen a couple of Li Hao dramas these past few days. 

This is not bad. Although the FL is not the greatest actress. They're handcuffed to each other for about a week. The ML falls for her and becomes a supportive figure in her life as she navigates bad fathers.

This contract marriage with a hidden identity one is okay. A familiar storyline. But with a better actress

4 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Du YaFei, LiuQing AND I would like to throw in Shen HaoNan and Wang YiRan...:PsyWhat: These 4 got such soulful eyes that dripping with honey and spices when they look at their love interest...:love: I'm positively impress especially with SHN because he can manage to shows that enormous amount of love to everything in skirts despite preferring everything in pants...:PsyWhat:

While Lu DanDong, Wang HanYang, Ma XiaoYu and Zhen Ziqi are totally great as an unhinged violent husband :shocked2: LDD is scary as violent abusive husband, I flinched a lot while watching. Wang HanYang is sort of changing his genre to violent BUT emotionally charged ML and he is sooo good in his 2 dramas with ZhongXi (there is another one coming). While Ma XiaoYu and Zhen Ziqi are on top as the bad boys/gangster/psychopath ML....:HaunterOK:

SHN's latest mini drama but not by DouYin. It's a Tencent production. I hope I can find it somewhere, https://mydramalist.com/768265-your-trap

Saw lots of the spicy cuts in DouYin and MY GADH!! SHN looks like manhwa character comes alive.

Yes, we can't leave out Shen Haonan from that list. Wang Yiran is not bad.

There are 9 episodes of Your Trap on Duboku already. The production values are very good. 

• Like 1
  • Tasty 1

10 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

My fav work of his is the republican one with a blind FL. Great drama and the FL is awesome as always.

I really like that one too. It's very good. In fact, I think I've seen it twice.

Another good rebirth one I saw yesterday. Older man and younger woman dynamic.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Posted (edited)

Mistaken identity of the one night stand with an unusual twist. The CP are gorg, the FL is used to be the SFL of major popular drama. She looks like a model, nice bods and classical Chinese beauty but needs some polishing in acting department. The ML had been around before, disappeared and started to get popular again with an upgraded bods and styling....:PsyWhat: All good.

Never seen any of the actors but this is a very good production. Comedic takes on a supposedly tragic situation. The FL is so pretty and the ML is so darn hot with those 8块腹肌, defined pectoral, and smoking guns on both arms....:cool:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2024 at 8:59 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I really like that one too. It's very good. In fact, I think I've seen it twice.

Another good rebirth one I saw yesterday. Older man and younger woman dynamic.

oh i like this one....this is a good one....with the older man and younger woman in general.....its really lovely 

and also how she win in the end

• Party! 1
14 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Which 2?? :HaunterOK:

Zhao Jijun and Ma Xiaoyu. They are both fine but not my favourites.

Here's a new one that I caught yesterday... I really like this ML. He's always subverting the FL's expectations. Haha. 

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Zhao Jijun and Ma Xiaoyu. They are both fine but not my favourites.

Here's a new one that I caught yesterday... I really like this ML. He's always subverting the FL's expectations. Haha. 

I'm not into Zhang JiJun too, I watched many of his dramas for his FLs not for him. Coincidently this guy got many good scripts though but I have never purposely watch a drama just for him...The same with MXY, I found him to be one dimensional actor but at least he is quite an eye candy.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Party! 1

Another Wang Nan drama. It's hilarious. I love the way he spots a bit of white around the side. It's a hidden  identity separated twins story. The boy especially is great.

This next one is quite different. It features a couple who were once dating but went their separate ways five years earlier for reasons that will become evident. He's a hotshot lawyer and she's an actress who is fighting to keep her inheritance after her father faints and falls into a coma. I particularly like the ML. who is clever and scheming. The FL is a spoilt rich girl who gradually grows up. It's a good script although I don't think the push and pull had to go on for as long as it did. The chemistry is excellent despite that.

I just finished this Du Yafei one. He's the disabled CEO and the FL is the mute long-lost childhood sweetheart. He's good as always. So's the FL but I had to watch it on 1.5 most of the time. But yeah, Du Yafei always does well in the kissing scenes. There's only two just in case you're wondering.

21 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I'm not into Zhang JiJun too, I watched many of his dramas for his FLs not for him. Coincidently this guy got many good scripts though but I have never purposely watch a drama just for him...The same with MXY, I found him to be one dimensional actor but at least he is quite an eye candy.

I'm just surprised that the person who made the video thought that highly of Zhang Jijun. He's not exactly an actor that raises the temperature in the room. On a list of the "hottest" actors, he certainly doesn't make the cut.

At least it can be said that Ma Xiaoyu exudes a certain degree swag. I can see how he's attractive and can be considered "hot". But not to me. 😛

If we're talking about "hot", why isn't someone like Du Yafei on that list? I realise it's subjective but he's an actor that can generate chemistry even with a broomstick. 

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Awesome 1