DouYin Drama Discussion

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I like this actor a lot. Used to do bad guy roles and now doing more lead roles. This is a familiar story similar to the one with Wang Hanyang -- a rebirth story featuring jealous possessive husband learning to trust his wife who is doing reckless things. Lots of bedroom action so I'm surprised that there's no pregnancy at the end.

He is Li Bo Yang, I used to mixed him up with Wang Han Yang. He is a good actor. He does comedy really well too.

17 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I like this Beauty and the Beast one but it feels incomplete. I'm not as impressed with the FL but Shen Haonan can generate chemistry with animate and inanimate objects.

another nice drama and another a good role for the ML, but the ending was weird...:pandathink:

Liked the smart couple and the funny scenes between them. The FL was so hilarious and mischievous (the belt gift scene)...:smile: 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTo73eBL6x2BcLEz7-dNXI

• Like 1
  • Party! 1
On 4/22/2024 at 4:50 PM, NiteWalker said:

bind together by mistakes, ML check into it and since the FL isnt that bad, he accepted her whole heartedly and both work together to overcome all the negatives vibes

That's not a bad one. What I like about it is that the ML knows who the FL quite early on. They don't make a big mystery of the one-night stand or that they are actually engaged to each other. Moreover he painstakingly earns her trust over time by protecting her. I also like the way they communicate with each other so that misunderstandings are at a minimum. The actress is lovely and it's hilarious how she thinks that he's more beautiful than most women. The script is fairly vanilla but it's a light and pleasant watch.

This actor does the flirty bad boy act quite well. It's hard to believe that Grandma had a hard time warming up to the FL. She's the girl-next-door type and there's nothing to object really ie. the type that older people like. A good girl who is respectful. 

This one that I just finished is not bad. It's a little bit different. The FL loses her family and sight overnight. She has a one-night stand with the son of a wealthy family. Just before their baby is born, they meet with an accident and she loses him. She gives birth and is sent overseas. Years later she returns meets with his dead ringer who apparently is her younger brother-in-law. 

The leads are very versatile and the little boy is a scene stealer. There's a nice mix of the comedic with the angst.

• Like 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

This is another mute wife story... For some reason two of this ML's dramas showed up on my feed this weekend. Tuned out better than expected. I can understand his early defensiveness and hostility.  It says end of S1 so it's not complete? Sounds like ML might not be the biological son?

This is the other one of his as half of a YinYang couple. It's quite long but not bad with multiple antagonists. 

• Like 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

This is another mute wife story... For some reason two of this ML's dramas showed up on my feed this weekend. Tuned out better than expected. I can understand his early defensiveness and hostility.  It says end of S1 so it's not complete? Sounds like ML might not be the biological son?

The one with Bai Fang Wen as an ML stated that he is not the madam bio son but her husband's mistress' son. Did you watch?

IMO, this version of Mute Wife is the best.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Party! 1
On 4/28/2024 at 11:33 PM, OsmanthusTea said:

IMO, this version of Mute Wife is the best.

I wished I liked this one more but I really struggled to like the ML in this. There's no doubt that the actor is one of the best -- certainly one of the most versatile -- very comfortable with angst and comedy. But I could never warm up to the character as the husband. He comes across as someone with a bad case of bipolar with mood swings. What is interesting of course is the FL's memory deterioration. So what that means for her is not only regression but a reset. Also for him as well.

There are other iterations of the Mute Wife storyline that also cause me to feel uneasy. I've seen two where the MLs use her for sex, then break off with her. When their nephew wants to marry her, they get all cranky about it and take it out on her.  I also find that ML hard to root for.

On 5/1/2024 at 8:46 PM, OsmanthusTea said:

A good script with good casts....:cool:

Yes, I really like the dialogue and how Shen Haonan's characters is written. He is quite the schemer. It is overall well-acted.

• Like 1