DouYin Drama Discussion

2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

grabbing passerby and kiss it....lols and viola they strike it out with a rich man hahaha

I watched another version, the casts are more suitable though. The Da Su looked really like Da Su, this one is so young like xiao bai lian....:PsyWhat:

2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

got to hat it to them....this times the ML looks great with the FL rather then, them pairing him up with some kiddo lols

Totally! Yu Long is super matured looking with acting chop to boot. Pairs him with young actress made him looks like a 变态 and he usually outperform them. He is great with Zhong Xi whose outperformed most of her MLs and the other actress in the fool wife drama.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I watched another version, the casts are more suitable though. The Da Su looked really like Da Su, this one is so young like xiao bai lian....:PsyWhat:

ya this DaXu doesnt have the leverage and arrogant status....not like the DaSu we all want hahaha

have you seen this? this one not too bad either

• Heart Eyes 1
On 3/9/2024 at 11:19 PM, OsmanthusTea said:

Meng Na and Du YaFei, their third dramas together.

not bad not bad....this one i just watch.....simple and cute hahaha....

rebirth from past to present

1 person being twins....one was lost one grew up as a princess, the princess came looking for her sister so that they can reunite.....twin was always being bullied at school and nearly kill herself....luckily the princess came in times and save her twin....then it times for payback!!

This is not bad. I love Ye Ting. The FL is so-so. A supernatural romance featuring a Yin Yang couple. She starts off as a substitute bride because he is a sickly fellow.

Gangster ML aka Zhen Ziqi in a contract marriage Beauty and the Beast story with the FL who is blind at first... then pretends to be blind. She's the only surviving member of a once prominent family. She marries into the Bo family to the oldest son who is a bit of a bad boy loose cannon. She later makes a deal with his dad to whip him into shape and become the heir to the family business.

• Like 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 3/8/2024 at 1:04 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Here's one with Wang Chenpeng and another FL. Her name's Zhao Xixi. She's a doctor and he's a commercial pilot in this drama They work for the same organization. They've been sleeping together for a couple of years and she's looking for more. They break up momentarily and then she finds out she's preggers. Word of warning... Lots of push and pull. And you'll be sweating angst. The ending is a bit of a cliffhanger but could be interpreted as an open ending. And... it's 4 hours. But I like it a lot and it showcases Wang Chenpeng's acting.

Just finished this 4 hours DY drama :shocked:  Judging from the well written storyline, I think this is another book adaptation. Great story but I have to say this ML is unreliable. He keeps back and forth between wife and ex gf. Married and broke up with ex for 2 years already but keeps him and ex pic on the bedside table...:shocked: FL is kinda doormat when it comes to the ML. The necklace thingy is a middle finger to all the DY drama with similar trope. The FL said, I don't know if you are in love with the necklace or with the person because when necklace with ex you loved her for 10 years and after you knew it's mine who say you love me.

FL's bestie is an infamous xiao san of DY and I kept waiting for her to turn and backstab her but none happened...:PsyWhat: Also FL's mother another infamous bad mother of DY, she is kinda overbearing but she actually cares about her daughter a lot. Even her SIL is the known villain of DY so I kept myself on my toes for the catastrophe from them but once again fortunately nothing happened....:HaunterOK:

IMHO, I think the ending is they got back together because she found out that he didn't sign the divorce agreement and obviously she can't get over him.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Gangster ML aka Zhen Ziqi in a contract marriage Beauty and the Beast story with the FL who is blind at first... then pretends to be blind. She's the only surviving member of a once prominent family. She marries into the Bo family to the oldest son who is a bit of a bad boy loose cannon. She later makes a deal with his dad to whip him into shape and become the heir to the family business.

I planned to watch this after WCP's 4 hours drama but too tired...:shocked: Maybe tomorrow....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

FL a nurse ML a doctor, FL had been in love with ML since back in university times......and had been trying her best to follow his footsteps....now out in the working world...their romance will start....MengNa slowly melted ML

WYR during his dyed hair days. Meng Na and Wang YiRan looked so young....Even his ex have not loss her baby fat yet but I prefer her fresh looks, now she has tons of makeup in her recent dramas.

• Haha 1

Oooh... I like this one. Don't know the leads but the chemistry sizzles. ML is hot. FL is badass.

A good child hunt. The Green Tea is quite evil in this one. Ugh. Child trafficking, child abuse. 

12 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Just finished this 4 hours DY drama :shocked:  Judging from the well written storyline, I think this is another book adaptation. Great story but I have to say this ML is unreliable. He keeps back and forth between wife and ex gf. Married and broke up with ex for 2 years already but keeps him and ex pic on the bedside table...:shocked: FL is kinda doormat when it comes to the ML. The necklace thingy is a middle finger to all the DY drama with similar trope. The FL said, I don't know if you are in love with the necklace or with the person because when necklace with ex you loved her for 10 years and after you knew it's mine who say you love me.

FL's bestie is an infamous xiao san of DY and I kept waiting for her to turn and backstab her but none happened...:PsyWhat: Also FL's mother another infamous bad mother of DY, she is kinda overbearing but she actually cares about her daughter a lot. Even her SIL is the known villain of DY so I kept myself on my toes for the catastrophe from them but once again fortunately nothing happened....:HaunterOK:

IMHO, I think the ending is they got back together because she found out that he didn't sign the divorce agreement and obviously she can't get over him.

I don't think he really knew his own heart TBH. My feeling is that although he forgot, there's a part of him that remembered her. They both made mistakes. He was at the tail end of a break up and she was willing to go with the flow up to a point. But in the end, she didn't feel secure and he made things worse by his seeming indifference. It's not just the classic case of poor communication and mistrust but when they started their relationship there were no clear parameters or stated expectations. 

I also think they got back together from that ending. She's pretty hung up on him and now that he's trying so hard to be with her it opens the door to a new start... perhaps with a more equal footing in terms of the fact that he wants to be with her. 

4 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

This ML that I don't know the name is a good one. All of his dramas are well made without too much absurd elements. He is nice looking too....

Yay... I like this actor. His drama where he had amnesia and tried to stop his wife from leaving him was so adorable. I've watched it a few times.

• Like 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

15 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Yay... I like this actor. His drama where he had amnesia and tried to stop his wife from leaving him was so adorable. I've watched it a few times.

Another good one is the married for few years but never seen wifey trope. Wifey is a psychologist and after divorce he become her patient. Good story and acting. Good quality visual too. This one:

I noticed this ML is from a far far away group from the usual DY drama group. All of his cast mates including his CPs are people I had never seen in another DY dramas but they are good.

20 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's not just the classic case of poor communication and mistrust but when they started their relationship there were no clear parameters or stated expectations. 

Definitely not a miscommunication or misunderstanding. They started their relationship on the wrong foot and everything are wrong from there.

• Clapping Hands 1

was given the wrong test report, thinking she has some terminal illness and decided to strike out on her own and living a better life for herself.....

sparring off with her mother in law who see she is not good enough for her son....ML holding on the the FL not giving up....

L:房    蕾(Fang,Lei)
ML:王奕然(Wang,Yi-Ran)

• Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

was given the wrong test report, thinking she has some terminal illness and decided to strike out on her own and living a better life for herself.....

sparring off with her mother in law who see she is not good enough for her son....ML holding on the the FL not giving up....

L:房    蕾(Fang,Lei)
ML:王奕然(Wang,Yi-Ran)

I watched this and posted it above :PsyWhat: I like the good lesson in this drama on how we should love ourselves first before love another people. Wang YiRan is great as usual and of course, handsome :PsyWhat:

This FL isn't my fav, she is too skinny for my taste. Every time I watched hers, I kept on worrying her limbs or waist might snap anytime. She has one drama with Lu Dan Dong, OMG! one of the most heart wrenching drama I had ever watch.

• Haha 2

Heavy and intense drama about a relationship between a young man with an older woman his mother's peer.

3 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

have you guys tried this? or did i posted it before?

its about amnesia and the girl forgotten what happen like 5 years back before she got married to the ML.....hell bend on divorcing him after she got out of hospital too

Is the FL Zhou Yi?  I can't see the vid but I watched something similar last night.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Is the FL Zhou Yi?  I can't see the vid but I watched something similar last night.

yes its ZhouYi....the ML wasnt involved with a white lotus girl....just a girl that hang round his mother hell bend on break him and his wife up....

i watch it last night too hahahah our timing couldnt be better hahaha

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

yes its ZhouYi....the ML wasnt involved with a white lotus girl....just a girl that hang round his mother hell bend on break him and his wife up....

i watch it last night too hahahah our timing couldnt be better hahaha

This is a marital problems drama and a case of personality growth. Both characters are flawed. They do love each other and married for love. She is insecure in their marriage while he is neglectful and annoy at her insecurities. He is a first time husband as well as her as a wife. So there are a lot to learn and there are many problems and adjustment to overcome. The vixen makes thing more complicated. Her amnesia helped both of them see their own shortcomings as a spouse clearer and they both work together to fix it. So all well and happy.

I like the ML but no idea who is he. Saw few of his dramas.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Party! 1
11 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

This is a marital problems drama and a case of personality growth. Both characters are flawed. They do love each other and married for love. She is insecure in their marriage while he is neglectful and annoy at her insecurities. He is a first time husband as well as her as a wife. So there are a lot to learn and there are many problems and adjustment to overcome. The vixen makes thing more complicated. Her amnesia helped both of them see their own shortcomings as a spouse clearer and they both work together to fix it. So all well and happy.

I like the ML but no idea who is he. Saw few of his dramas.

exactly....both are fault.....the girl married young and guy being guy just take things on the outlook....

the vixen with the mother in tow.....does make a wonderful pair though lols

yes i like him....i let u know the name if i ever come across it lols

• Party! 1
49 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

have you guys tried this? or did i posted it before?

its about amnesia and the girl forgotten what happen like 5 years back before she got married to the ML.....hell bend on divorcing him after she got out of hospital too

I don't remember watching this one before but yes, that's the brother of the male lead in The Imperial Coroner. Hard to miss. Very tall. 

Here's another one with Gangster ML Zhen Ziqi 甄子琦. The FL The chemistry is excellent here. He's such a great actor despite the weak set up with the ML's motivations very unclear at the start. It's important to establish motivations early on so you can root for the right people. But it's still a fascinating premise with the ML and his mute lover. The FL iis also very good in the role. They've been contract lovers for a couple of years and one day she tells him that her family is in talks to form a marriage alliance. She tells him that she's willing to back out of it if he asks her so. He seems not to care and she ends up being engaged to his nephew. So that's interesting reversal of the usual hot uncle trope.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 1