DouYin Drama Discussion

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Rebirth stories that are reasonably good. At least they don't frustrate the heck out of me.

It's quite unusual that the ML takes centrestage and is reborn with the FL.

Liu Qing and Zhu Mo Yan have a drama where they were reborn many times to change their fate but always failed. So tragic.

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But seeing the ML in period costume gave me ideas. Would love to see him doing historical dramas in mainstream shows.

He has a non mainstream historical show....

Tbh, historical genre in DouYin form isn't my flavour. Looked very cheap and the men's wig are horrendous. But this one is decent.

I have a soft spot for a man with sexy voice....:wow: This ML is part of the bunch. This is the best version of this script, another one with Bai Yan and Jin Jia Yu isn't that good because once again Jin Jia Yu's vibes doesn't fits the domineering gangster role. But this ML is totally nailed it. The FL seems to be Tang Yin in DY office skits, CMIIW.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I have a soft spot for a man with sexy voice....:wow: This ML is part of the bunch. This is the best version of this script, another one with Bai Yan and Jin Jia Yu isn't that good because once again Jin Jia Yu's vibes doesn't fits the domineering gangster role. But this ML is totally nailed it. The FL seems to be Tang Yin in DY office skits, CMIIW.

oh this guy nail the gangster domineering styles to the bone....he is good....i saw him in another....where the ending was both LD died, however they show a nice ending of them being together after life.....

anyway not sure if u guys seen this....the guy aborted his own BABY!! and it was a mistake!!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

oh this guy nail the gangster domineering styles to the bone....he is good....i saw him in another....where the ending was both LD died, however they show a nice ending of them being together after life.....

This one.....

I have only saw him in 2 dramas. His bad boy vibes is amazing....He is good looking, manly with great bods. I saw him bared-chested all the time in his DY....:PsyWhat: He is a gym nerd.

4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

so he kept his distance when the wife was 200pounds and she slim down and see her again he fell for her and try to make their marriage work? the wife did make him suffer a little first of course

I like how his redemption arc wasn't in the last 5 min by got stabbed.......He was made to pay for his indifferent almost a whole drama....:PsyWhat:

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

yes yes

9 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I have only saw him in 2 dramas. His bad boy vibes is amazing....He is good looking, manly with great bods. I saw him bared-chested all the time in his DY....:PsyWhat: He is a gym nerd.

hahaha ya....this is the one i believe.....

i saw this one i think u guys will like it the ML is cute when he was bickering with the brother hahaha

• Heart Eyes 1
20 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

This one.....

I like how his redemption arc wasn't in the last 5 min by got stabbed.......He was made to pay for his indifferent almost a whole drama....:PsyWhat:

This is a good one. Quite unique. The tragic ending is quite fitting. The male lead is pretty hot stuff and the FL is kinda cute in that Audrey Hepburn kind of way. I don't like the brother who is pretty useless. He's more trouble alive than dead. 

I wouldn't mind watching another show with him in it. The ML is very talented. He's got that rebel without a cause aura to him. I wouldn't be surprise if he makes a career of playing antiheroes.

@NiteWalker Saw the triplets one last night. I quite liked it. It's not as crazy as some others of the type. The kids are just master manipulators. Very good acting from them.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Another faked fool drama. It has been such a long time I didn't see these 2 in any drama especially the ML. This FL is a really good actress and once again she has such a sexy voice and I love how she delivers her lines.

F L:徐藝真(Xu,Yi-Zhen)

ML:龐瀚辰(Pang,Han-Chen)

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

wouldn't mind watching another show with him in it. The ML is very talented.

Sadly he has only 2 dramas so far....:shocked:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
18 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@NiteWalker Saw the triplets one last night. I quite liked it. It's not as crazy as some others of the type. The kids are just master manipulators. Very good acting from them.

yes even though family bring troubles still it wasnt that bad 

15 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Another faked fool drama. It has been such a long time I didn't see these 2 in any drama especially the ML. This FL is a really good actress and once again she has such a sexy voice and I love how she delivers her lines.

i jsut finish this one....it is good....the sister turn good however life didnt give her too long a 2nd chance to turn into a new leaf

the guy is playing the 2nd ML in 创想季 / Imagination with QiaoXin & JiaNaiLiang

4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

the guy is playing the 2nd ML in 创想季 / Imagination with QiaoXin & JiaNaiLiang

I just realised I saw him in Cute Programmer too....:Ghastlel: Also The Ordinary Glory. So I mixed him up...I thought I saw him in another DY dramas. I checked his MDL, he was in Master of My Own too....:PsyWhat: How come I forgotten about him.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I just realised I saw him in Cute Programmer too....:Ghastlel: Also The Ordinary Glory. So I mixed him up...I thought I saw him in another DY dramas. I checked his MDL, he was in Master of My Own too....:PsyWhat: How come I forgotten about him.

so its a mix....u know what recently i saw a HK elder generation HK artist in the DY series too hahaha

this girl is ShuTong right? i just start watching this one

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Wang Ge Ge and Meng Na in one drama... This is older drama and many people didn't know that WGG started as SFL/Xiao San/antagonist in DY drama world. I'm the opposite though, I was surprised when I saw her as FL because I watched her villain era dramas few times....:PsyWhat:

i found in DY you can have a girl playing both roles from times to times...there even roles like look alike....one good one bad play by the same girl....

and i like it

• Party! 1
On 2/24/2024 at 12:29 AM, OsmanthusTea said:

Thanks for the recommendation. It was a good watch. Although the FL was never that convincing as a 傻子, the ML caught on quickly and she is a really lovely actress to watch. I also like the way she delivers her lines. I've seen her previously in a rebirth drama as well.

A few recommendations from me that I caught on the weekend...

This was quite different. Feels like an Agatha Christie style story. Watched it for the ML but he ends up being a side character. This is very much a female dominated show and quite well done. At least it's doing something different rather than recycling the same o'l same o'l. 

I really like this ML. I've been hunting for more of his shows and I finally stumbled onto one. Also a rebirth story like his previous one.

This is a disabled CEO story. The ML is very good looking too and reminds me of Han Dong.  He's quite funny but the whole thing is a hoot. The FL protects him all throughout.

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

13 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

4th collab of this CP or should I say they are only work with each other...:PsyWhat: Never seen their other dramas with different actors.

I just saw that drama last night and I've only ever seen the other one where they have twins together. That was pretty sweet as well. I'd be interested to know what the other 2 dramas might be.

Is this the same actress? I'm a bit confused.

• Party! 1