DouYin Drama Discussion

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Is this the same actress? I'm a bit confused.

Different one.

I will put the 4 dramas links for you. In no particular order....#drumrolls

Btw, I had posted ALL 4 few pages back......:cool:

Some comment mentioned they had 5 dramas as CP but I have only saw 4. The ML has many supporting roles in mainstream dramas. Mysterious Lotus Casebook, The Last Immortal etc.... https://mydramalist.com/people/38155-zhang-ceng-ceng

The FL too... https://mydramalist.com/people/49313-zhang-xing-he

I noticed both of them never had DY dramas with other CP. Since they are also in mainstream drama, maybe they are under the same agency hence the permanent pairing....:PsyWhat:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Different one.

I will put the 4 dramas links for you. In no particular order....#drumrolls

Btw, I had posted ALL 4 few pages back......:cool:

Some comment mentioned they had 5 dramas as CP but I have only saw 4. The ML has many supporting roles in mainstream dramas. Mysterious Lotus Casebook, The Last Immortal etc.... https://mydramalist.com/people/38155-zhang-ceng-ceng

The FL too... https://mydramalist.com/people/49313-zhang-xing-he

I noticed both of them never had DY dramas with other CP. Since they are also in mainstream drama, maybe they are under the same agency hence the permanent pairing....:PsyWhat:

Thanks for that. I'm not a fan of the hidden identity stories. 2 to 3 hours of a couple playing hide and seek and finding out who's who only 5 minutes before the end.  The ML is a good versatile actor though so it's not surprising if he shows up in mainstream shows.

Some more recommendations...

A decently made revenge story. Some interesting twists. Quite well acted. I don't know any of the cast but the main MLs are particularly good. At least the FL and ML cooperate here and there.

I liked this one too. Came for the ML and stayed for the story and the ill-mannered boy.

This is a cute dual timeline one. Period rebirth story. Man wakes up in contemporary China, acts like an emperor and is in search of his empress.

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

13 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

he is cute....well not bad looking....hahaha just seeing him with long hair feels like he made a good playboy haahhaa

Yes, he is a mixed of cute cheeky and manly rolled into one. Not the type with striking handsomeness. He made a good debonair playboy with that longer swept away hair. I noticed he is one of those men with blessed fair smooth skin whom doesn't needs thick face foundation that made them looking like borrowing another person head...:PsyWhat:  His skin tone from waist to forehead looks the same...I checked :Ghastlel:

I think he is one of DY actors whose have better resources too. All of his DY dramas never looked cheap with great camera works and his FLs (Well, he's only got 2 so far) never wore that almost-booty-baring micro mini skirts...:shocked: All of them look elegant proper and prim. Even all of his kids are cute and decent actors.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Shocked 1
5 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

His skin tone from waist to forehead looks the same...I checked :Ghastlel:

ahem did you hide in the closet when he changing?? 

okie an odd pairing, the FL look young enough to be his daughter still good show from both of them hahaha

男主:于龙
女主:杨咩咩
ML: Yu Long
FL: Yang Mie mie

On 2/27/2024 at 5:38 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

This is a visibly older rebirth story with Wang Hanyang. Wonder how old it is? He certainly looks a fair bit younger. Not too excited about the FL though.

i bump this yesterday....Wang Hanyang is definitely the one holding the show together....the FL isnt that bad though....she got it thru

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

okie an odd pairing, the FL look young enough to be his daughter still good show from both of them hahaha

男主:于龙
女主:杨咩咩
ML: Yu Long
FL: Yang Mie mie

YMM is Lu Dan Dong's wifey and I can't finished this one because they styled her like a 12 yo and he looks like his granduncle....:shocked:

• Haha 1