DouYin Drama Discussion

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

i watch both version and also this one too.....

im trying to get use to the ML here with another girl hahaha cause i tends to see him in the skit with Jiang Shi Qi more hahahha....love all those shorts drama between him and Jiang ShiQi

I think he also had another drama with revenge trope. The FL was pretending to be a maid in his household and his wife was FL's piano teacher who seduced her dad and caused the dead of her parent. So FL seduced him and his stepson.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I think he also had another drama with revenge trope. The FL was pretending to be a maid in his household and his wife was FL's piano teacher who seduced her dad and caused the dead of her parent. So FL seduced him and his stepson.

yes...those revenge skit i tends to skip to be honest....i find it a bit too unsettling to look into it....

• Like 1

Thanks for all the recommendations @NiteWalker and @OsmanthusTea

So far I haven't watched a disabled/ill CEO drama that I don't like. So far so good... Some recommendations...

After a bumpy first 15 minutes, it becomes really sweet and lovely.

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

this one isnt bad....i like the girl....i dont know the artist name though

ML a playboy and the girl got cheated by her scumbag bf who flirt around as well....they got married and the story roll from there....

not too much slapping here and there....just of course fight for the throne as usual, and best of all we have a very good mother in law here

1 hour ago, OsmanthusTea said:

But this one is a very very well done revenge trope. Actors are excellent too.

i find douyin artist seems to be quite good through out....

• Heart Eyes 1

ML a playboy and the girl got cheated by her scumbag bf who flirt around as well....they got married and the story roll from there....

not too much slapping here and there....just of course fight for the throne as usual, and best of all we have a very good mother in law here

i find douyin artist seems to be quite good through out....

I've seen another version of this story which I like. It's about a smart but can't-be-bothered ML who changes into a responsible CEO when his marries the FL. I think the actors in that version are pretty good. 

Like in all industries the acting is a mixed bag. But I am surprised at how good some of the douyin actors are. Much better than those in mainstream C drama. The really good ones are really good. 

• Haha 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Like @40somethingahjumma I watched another version as well and I'm agreed that the actors are really good. I remember the ML who also has a drama with WGG but I totally forgot who was the FL...:PsyWhat: The ML looks like Lee Min Ho.

In this version the FL has a sadistic drama with Shen Hao Nan before. The usual abusive jerk of a husband who trusted the xiao san more than his own wife. She is a really good actress.

• Haha 1
  • Party! 1
39 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I've seen another version of this story which I like. It's about a smart but can't-be-bothered ML who changes into a responsible CEO when his marries the FL. I think the actors in that version are pretty good. 

Like in all industries the acting is a mixed bag. But I am surprised at how good some of the douyin actors are. Much better than those in mainstream C drama. The really good ones are really good. 

how true i guess we can only say every industry does has their own excel point.

i might had watch that version you said though....even though i might have hahaha....too many and sometimes they had the same artist playing the similar skit again just with a diff FL / ML

12 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

The ML looks like Lee Min Ho.

In this version the FL has a sadistic drama with Shen Hao Nan before. The usual abusive jerk of a husband who trusted the xiao san more than his own wife. She is a really good actress.

actually i found alot of the artist are like almost look alike with the main stream artist....lols

• Like 1
  • Party! 1
2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

FL: 林津伊 / Lin JinYi

ML: 周航 / Zhou Hang

i just started on this, the other one i watch with the same pairing was both hide their rich status however ended up being with each other :D finally i found the girl name hahaha

These CP is on fire! They can make out like real life couple...:PsyWhat: I also watched the one you mentioned about rich status.

This is another better version because the ML is better suited. I think his name is Wang Han Yang??? One of the top bad boy of DY. He is really good as a psychotic CEO. Yu Yin is one of his famous CP. They had many dramas together. Yu Yin is tiny maybe under 5 feet while WHY is like 6 feet above, he can carries her with only one hand.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 2/16/2024 at 3:24 PM, OsmanthusTea said:

This is another better version because the ML is better suited. I think his name is Wang Han Yang??? One of the top bad boy of DY. He is really good as a psychotic CEO. Yu Yin is one of his famous CP. They had many dramas together. Yu Yin is tiny maybe under 5 feet while WHY is like 6 feet above, he can carries her with only one hand.

yes the male is 王寒阳, he pretty good looking hahahaha manly

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 2/16/2024 at 5:24 PM, OsmanthusTea said:

This is actually a good drama. The ML is well cast (he looks like a gangster) but the script is quite excellent for a douyin show. I consider this story one of my favourites because of the healing/redemption story. It's like Beauty and the Beast. The FL learns to tame the monster and when she changes her attitude towards him, he changes too. The chemistry is good and they have such lovely hug scenes. Once they get past the rough patch, they are a good team. She's also smart enough to know her own limitations. Trust changed everything for them.

4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

this one not bad....lols, hidden identify, married but doesnt know who the husband is lols

F L:彭丹丹(Peng,Dan-Dan)
ML:林永炬(LinN,Yong-Ju)

There's a lot of kissing in this one. And I mean A LOT. Every 5-10 minutes. The ML is pretty hot admittedly. I quite like it because of him. but there's a lot of rough stuff that's a bit off-putting. He sure knows how to romance his co-star. I remember her from a drama with Shu Tong.

There just aren't enough Shu Tong dramas out there.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

This is actually a good drama. The ML is well cast (he looks like a gangster) but the script is quite excellent for a douyin show. I consider this story one of my favourites because of the healing/redemption story. It's like Beauty and the Beast. The FL learns to tame the monster and when she changes her attitude towards him, he changes too. The chemistry is good and they have such lovely hug scenes. Once they get past the rough patch, they are a good team. She's also smart enough to know her own limitations. Trust changed everything for them.

The ML (王寒阳/Wang Han Yang) is one of the first batch actors of DY drama. He used to be cast as those abusive CEO type of role. But his acting in his quite recent drama with Zhong Xi (I posted it in the back page) was really2 good and he proves to be a much better actor than some liuliang.

I saw 4 of Shu Tong's dramas within 2 months so I think he is quite active. His dramas quality improves a lot. He has better resources now.

@NiteWalker

周航 / Zhou Hang has an excellent family drama with super talented child actor titled 世上无人再似她.

Screenshot-2024-02-20-at-22-02-58.png

I can't find it in YT anymore. It's about a young daughter who traded her life for her mother life. The FL/his wife is not a familiar face but it's one of the best DY drama I have ever seen.

I noticed now there are some good production of DY dramas by a group of people who used to do office skit in DY too. All of the dramas are great quality with original script.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1

More multiple births fun...

This may end up being my favourite yet. Nothing like a good quins drama. I really like how the ML is written and depicted here.

I can't remember if I've posted this one but I like the time travel element. It's pretty sweet.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2024 at 5:00 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

yes they're good together and i love how the story flow....the girl is tiny when she stood next to him so your Beauty and the Beast fit perfectly lols

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Rebirth stories that are reasonably good. At least they don't frustrate the heck out of me.

It's quite unusual that the ML takes centrestage and is reborn with the FL.

F L:王子怡(Wang,Zi-Yi) ML:肖 涵(Xiao,Han)

This one has a past timeline. The kid is gorgeous even if he doesn't look 6. :P But seeing the ML in period costume gave me ideas. Would love to see him doing historical dramas in mainstream shows. 

This one has a good story although the acting is a mixed bag. The ML is so-so. It has the "hot uncle" trope and some good teamwork between the leads.

3 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

This is the best version of "I married a fool and I regretted after I divorce her". The CP are amazing. The ML has a super sexy voice.

I quite like it although I think they drag out her identity a bit longer than they should. But there's little doubt that the leads are good together. I also like this male lead and he brings a different kind of edge to this role. The FL does better than the other actresses with the "fool" arc. 

• Like 2