DouYin Drama Discussion

18 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

This gangster ML.....:love:

I found out his name is Zhen Ziqi 甄子琦. That particular show had potential as a rebirth story but it was all over the place. The chemistry is good and there were some good make out scenes but the storyline is scatty. It lacks direction and meanders. Didn't do much for me sadly. But I persevered for Zhen Ziqi. I wish they had been reborn during the old days when he was the general.

On 3/4/2024 at 8:27 PM, NiteWalker said:

@40somethingahjumma u can try this :D

This one is so-so. A bit bland but the FL is cute and of course the male lead is adorable.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Here's one with Wang Chenpeng and another FL. Her name's Zhao Xixi. She's a doctor and he's a commercial pilot in this drama They work for the same organization. They've been sleeping together for a couple of years and she's looking for more. They break up momentarily and then she finds out she's preggers. Word of warning... Lots of push and pull. And you'll be sweating angst. The ending is a bit of a cliffhanger but could be interpreted as an open ending. And... it's 4 hours. But I like it a lot and it showcases Wang Chenpeng's acting.

I actually like this one... it's repackaged from a few different storylines and does a couple of things differently. The little girl is precious and thankfully she's not abused for the whole 2 and a half hours. Apparently the ML is very popular. 

• Like 2

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

this is a sweet one....i like this one....the girl save the guy and the guy repay her by getting her to married her....and from then on doted of her....

no hidden identity or any sort......just direct repayment, kindness and doting....of course you have a scumbag of dad in the mix....however with a powerful husband in the toll....anything is possible for you.

(女主)姜嵐:翟一瑩 (Zhai Yiying)
(男主)宋晏:李    豪 (Li Hao)

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
11 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Meng Na and Du YaFei, their third dramas together.

I caught this one over the last couple of days. Love the chemistry between the leads and both the actors are very likeable. Meng Na can be relied upon to pick up decent projects. Unlike a lot of other shows, this one feels a bit too short. The romance barely takes off and the story is over. With that kind of chemistry and only one kissing scene, it's such a waste. Visuals are striking and these two are a good fit for each other.

13 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I don't usually watch DY historical drama because not only the graphic but the styling especially the gentlemen's wigs are horrendous....Even Shen Hao Nan can't save the day.....:PsyWhat:

I have actually watched a few that I like. Mostly rebirths one. It is true about the styling but not all MLs are suited to be in historical dramas either so there's also that. It's somewhat true about FLs as well. Meng Na is probably one of the few that can do both well.

• Awesome 1

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I caught this one over the last couple of days. Love the chemistry between the leads and both the actors are very likeable. Meng Na can be relied upon to pick up decent projects. Unlike a lot of other shows, this one feels a bit too short. The romance barely takes off and the story is over. With that kind of chemistry and only one kissing scene, it's such a waste. Visuals are striking and these two are a good fit for each other.

Their first drama together is the best, hot and spicy, no wasted of chemistry....:wow: The second is fantasy/vampire which is a crap, I had a second hand embarrassment watching it....:HaunterOK: This one is so so but their house is gorg.... :PsyWhat:

The rebirth story, I like both CP.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Their first drama together is the best, hot and spicy, no wasted of chemistry....:wow: The second is fantasy/vampire which is a crap, I had a second hand embarrassment watching it....

Ooh ooh... The hot and spicy drama -- have I seen it? Do tell. My appetite has been whetted.

I finished a couple of entertaining ones this afternoon.

This one is a rebirth revenge. I like this ML and even though the show is full of ridiculous elements, it's a fun watch. The FL has magic blood and mad surgical skills. The ML is a disabled CEO and it's interesting how his disability is used in the show. He doesn't recover until the final act and his real power is in his wealth, status and clout. He's no fool either.  The leads are more allies to start with but they gradually fall in love through a nice partnership.

This one is a well-made, well-written one-night stand storyline with a cute kid to boot. The lad is one of my favourite of the child actors from the platform. I'm not sure how old or new it is. It just popped up on my feed this afternoon. There also be birth secrets and amnesia in the mix. It does just about everything right. It's also surprisingly hilarious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

This one is a rebirth revenge. I like this ML and even though the show is full of ridiculous elements, it's a fun watch. The FL has magic blood and mad surgical skills. The ML is a disabled CEO and it's interesting how his disability is used in the show. He doesn't recover until the final act and his real power is in his wealth, status and clout. He's no fool either.  The leads are more allies to start with but they gradually fall in love through a nice partnership.

I like this ML but sadly he rarely got good script.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i just finish this....one minute FL seems to have the upper hands while the stepmother is still in planning still it happen, the plot is all over the place

The pairing is good but the story is bad...I dropped it around 1 hour...I almost died of boredom....

This pairing is gorg....Something like BJT's Reset, I think.... This is a PPL, WGG and SHN did one also.

42 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

im sure u guys watch this before....this 1980s setting reborn and travel back in times....

well the ML is rich in this case :cool:

I love this.....:love:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1

i just finish this.....honestly the story is quite simple @OsmanthusTea wife got tired.....2nd FL try to step in between....

only thing in this faulty whole r/s was they got it on the right footing just some where along the way the ML stop paying attention and that bother FL and she was left insecure by the whole thing....then came in faith.....gotta say WGG and SHN really looks the best together