DouYin Drama Discussion

4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

Tan TianJi a better actor hahaha....he can be a useless brother right down to the boot and make u want to strangle him and throw him either into the sea to pollute it or chop him into pieces to feed the bird to kill them hahaha:cool:

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Tan Jianci is by far the better actor. But I struggle to see the resemblance. The douyin actor is rather on the stiff side. An actor with the calibre of Shen Haonan or Liu Qing is needed to pull off that kind of tyrannnical domineering CEO role.

TJC is definitely a way better actor. 陳冠嶧(Chen Guan Yi) is stiff and very green. I do think the pairing between him and ZY is mismatched. He did lots of good tyrannical domineering CEO role before and I find it quite good but not this one, ZY should stop teenager role too. She does great as wifey....

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 1

an old DY drama that i had watch before...i like the FL and the ML isnt that bad in this one

reborn and transmigrated into another body with the same face however a better life with a loving father as her support, attract the ML attention and he is smitten with her after some times....

love how she got her revenge on those who plotted against her.....

• Party! 1
7 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I can't find another vid any more but the FL is a regular villain/green tea/white lotus in other dramas. I think it's her first drama as FL.

OK, got it!

This one the ending is different. She got preggo, the son of the biscuit didn't know when they got divorce at the end, while xiao san ended up with the hubs.

First time seeing this ML while the FL is one of the regular xiao san cum green tea slash black lotus of DouYin.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

yes very true....i caught it too last night....been watching couple of late night dramas recently cause couldnt sleep due to the heatwave we are experiencing .....

its felt comfortable and actually make u just sit down and watch it thru.....and the verbal abuse its to the minimum, actually the scumbag's best friend is an honest guy and he deliver the truth to the scumbag just he is too blind and too much into himself to see the truth.....i love the bit where the FL didnt forgave him either when he came to ask for forgiveness

For me she was pretty much wasting her time with the ex. This kind of one-sided crush hoping that things will change is just a lost cause. If a man doesn't want to marry you after so many years of dating and he's so reluctant why bother? There's no trust either... what's the point? She also dodged a bullet as well because not only did he believe the Green Tea but he was also trying to have a bet each way. Not only does he have poor judgment but he wasn't that ethical. The show demonstrates really well why a man or a woman who has a foot in each boat should never be trusted with anything. It speaks to character. He can't say nobody didn't warn him. 

The message is clear: Don't waste your time on a man who is just stringing you along particularly if his thoughts are elsewhere. 

24 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

this one not bad.....i always mix up the FL with LiangJie

It's not bad. Liu Qing is always good value. I liked the twist at the end but I was pretty much on the right track regarding the family secret because it reminded me of a certain Christopher Nolan movie. It was interesting, something a bit different. Yes, it did remind me of All of Her also but it was better than All of Her because more thought was put into it. That was brainless stuff riding on the coattails of the leads' chemistry. This one had a half decent script. The ending was quite abrupt and it's bound to cause confusion. 

I didn't like the FL in Liu Qing's last one -- the action espionage one. 

• Like 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

an old DY drama that i had watch before...i like the FL and the ML isnt that bad in this one

reborn and transmigrated into another body with the same face however a better life with a loving father as her support, attract the ML attention and he is smitten with her after some times....

love how she got her revenge on those who plotted against her.....

Who is this guy? He looks like he just graduated out of high school. He seems a bit wet behind the ears. The banter is not bad though.

I've never seen her paired with anyone else before. Interesting.

• Like 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 3/22/2024 at 8:37 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Who is this guy? He looks like he just graduated out of high school. He seems a bit wet behind the ears. The banter is not bad though.

I've never seen her paired with anyone else before. Interesting.

i forgot the guy name though....however i do like the banter and how the guy pamper her....calling her JieJie which seems to fit the bill

btw i think this is an older DY drama that surface for me recently....

its a reborn story where the FL married and plotted against the scumbag with the ML this round....and i find this actually have a better ending style and also the flow of the story got better too.....

• Like 1

Their third collab...:wow: This is a nice drama with solid casts with good budget. ML comes from the past and in the modern time as well as his past life, he is part of the huge family where some are fighting for the throne. FL is a long lost little girl from the same family but before they found her, she got impregnant by him.... :PsyWhat: I won't spoil the story further....:LaxEat:

男主:王彥鑫

女主:賈翼瑄

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Their third collab...:wow: This is a nice drama with solid casts with good budget. ML comes from the past and in the modern time as well as his past life, he is part of the huge family where some are fighting for the throne. FL is a long lost little girl from the same family but before they found her, she got impregnant by him.... :PsyWhat: I won't spoil the story further....:LaxEat:

男主:王彥鑫

女主:賈翼瑄

u beat me to it....i watch it yesterday night lols .....

really love seeing the two fo them together....

On 3/22/2024 at 7:21 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

For me she was pretty much wasting her time with the ex. This kind of one-sided crush hoping that things will change is just a lost cause. If a man doesn't want to marry you after so many years of dating and he's so reluctant why bother? There's no trust either... what's the point? She also dodged a bullet as well because not only did he believe the Green Tea but he was also trying to have a bet each way. Not only does he have poor judgment but he wasn't that ethical. The show demonstrates really well why a man or a woman who has a foot in each boat should never be trusted with anything. It speaks to character. He can't say nobody didn't warn him. 

The message is clear: Don't waste your time on a man who is just stringing you along particularly if his thoughts are elsewhere. 

It's not bad. Liu Qing is always good value. I liked the twist at the end but I was pretty much on the right track regarding the family secret because it reminded me of a certain Christopher Nolan movie. It was interesting, something a bit different. Yes, it did remind me of All of Her also but it was better than All of Her because more thought was put into it. That was brainless stuff riding on the coattails of the leads' chemistry. This one had a half decent script. The ending was quite abrupt and it's bound to cause confusion. 

I didn't like the FL in Liu Qing's last one -- the action espionage one. 

On 3/22/2024 at 8:34 AM, NiteWalker said:

this is a nice one.....slow and steady not stabbing or accident and no hospital visit hahaha....

a caring ML who had always been in love the FL since high school....FL gave up on the guy she intended to marry just for marrying sakes, she wasnt fully inlove with him either....just out of gratitude as the guy mother was her passed away mom's best friends....and it was her mother wish....

she woke up on the day they were suppose to register for marriage where the guy went on a vacation with his lover instead.....

only thing we need to face is some verbal abuse from the scumbag at the very beginning however once the FL gave up....she gave up for good n got back a little backbone to stood up against the scumbag......

ML is very supportive of her through out and get along with her at her pace too.....

Just finished this, great drama. I think WGG and SHN got something similar with a tweak here and there. Love how ruthless the ML is and how decisive the FL is after enough is enough. I hate it when either FL or ML insisted on an unrequited love, pluuueaseee!! people!! have some self respect and self love.

Btw, the ML 王嘉懋(Wang JiaMao)can passes as a bio sibs with this ML 王坤翰 (Wang KunHan). I kept double takes while watching.

• Like 1

first times i see Wang Gege with Wang HaoXiang

not bad....i always like Wang Gege story, she can be demure and polite in one beat an sassy in another....here she is a little sassy and i like it.....she transmigrated into a drama she was watching and became the evil step mother....with her insides lets see how she conquer the stepson and the father hahaha....love the story to be honest....

兒子:孫燦 男主角:王浩翔 女主角:王格格

On 3/27/2024 at 1:51 AM, OsmanthusTea said:

Just finished this, great drama. I think WGG and SHN got something similar with a tweak here and there. Love how ruthless the ML is and how decisive the FL is after enough is enough. I hate it when either FL or ML insisted on an unrequited love, pluuueaseee!! people!! have some self respect and self love.

is it the one where SHN was in love with WGG since high school? ehhehe damn that was nice...and i love it when the 2nd ML went crazy cause WGG decided to give up on him....

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

is it the one where SHN was in love with WGG since high school? ehhehe damn that was nice...and i love it when the 2nd ML went crazy cause WGG decided to give up on him....

Yes, that one. That was a really great drama. The SML is a good actor, he is WGG's abusive husband in the drama with SHN-WGG-ZJJ tandem.

The kids are superb both visually and talent....:PsyWhat: They upstaged the main characters....:LaxEat:

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

This is a nice short one. Very attractive leads. The ML looks familiar. He's not immediately good-looking but he can turn on the charm with relative ease. It has all the usual tropes. High school connection. Cheating ex. Chance meeting. Longtime betrothal. But all used in a fun light-hearted way.

This is a nice contract marriage one with a bit of You've Got Mail vibe. They both communicate very well. Also a very attractive pair.

• Like 2

A few mute wife stories... I've seen about 4 now.

This one might be my favourite even though the pairing is new to me. The chemistry is good and the leads are very attractive. I particularly like the ML, the actor and the character arc. Even though it uses many of the tropes, it is done in a fairly original way. Contract marriage, birth secrets, family power struggles, mute wife, mother's untimely death etc etc.

ML: Li Pei'en FL: Zheng Nanxi

This one has a gangster vibe.

This one is with Shu Tong. Can't remember if someone's posted it before but it's the first time I've seen it. I quite like it and I think the FL is much better suited to this kind of role than playing a bad girl. Basically the mute wife married Shu Tong's character when her family's business is in turmoil and they have a child together. His mother in particular isn't that keen on the FL as the DIL to say the least so she's trying to cause problems by bringing in another woman to be the son's "tutor". The husband is aware of the dynamics and while he has his ego and jealousy issues, he tries his best to be thoughtful of his wife in public. At least he tries to distance himself from any third party interference in their marriage.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

This one might be my favourite even though the pairing is new to me. The chemistry is good and the leads are very attractive. I particularly like the ML, the actor and the character arc. Even though it uses many of the tropes, it is done in a fairly original way. Contract marriage, birth secrets, family power struggles, mute wife, mother's untimely death etc etc.

ML: Li Pei'en FL: Zheng Nanxi

This is originally iQiyi drama, I watched this last year in iQiyi. The ML has few mainstream dramas under his belt, one of it was Till The End of The Moon.

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The ML is smoking! Their chemistry is sizzling! He has a retro drama if I'm not mistaken. His bad boy vibes is solid.

• Thanks 1
On 3/29/2024 at 4:39 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

This is a nice short one. Very attractive leads. The ML looks familiar. He's not immediately good-looking but he can turn on the charm with relative ease. It has all the usual tropes. High school connection. Cheating ex. Chance meeting. Longtime betrothal. But all used in a fun light-hearted way.

not bad i pick up on your recommendation.....they got along pretty well....just i find sometimes the girl a bit blur in certain cases lols

On 3/30/2024 at 11:03 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

oh yes....this one work real well....once the guy decided this girl is for keeping hahaha....though he did it his way hahaha

• Party! 1
On 3/30/2024 at 11:03 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

This one is with Shu Tong. Can't remember if someone's posted it before but it's the first time I've seen it. I quite like it and I think the FL is much better suited to this kind of role than playing a bad girl. Basically the mute wife married Shu Tong's character when her family's business is in turmoil and they have a child together. His mother in particular isn't that keen on the FL as the DIL to say the least so she's trying to cause problems by bringing in another woman to be the son's "tutor". The husband is aware of the dynamics and while he has his ego and jealousy issues, he tries his best to be thoughtful of his wife in public. At least he tries to distance himself from any third party interference in their marriage.

i watch this on your recommendation, at beginning the husband didnt do much distancing however slowly as along the way the husband got more and more mindful of the wife presence he did exactly that......

though the mother is an ass if you ask me lols

i was holding back a little cause i see the girl in bad role too many times and for her to play a good role take some convincing for me hahaha

• Clapping Hands 1