DouYin Drama Discussion

On 6/18/2024 at 7:23 PM, NiteWalker said:

one of the fav FL together with the ML....

the brother had to do times for the Mother death and it was pretty fast forward in a sense....

usually we all see happy go forgiveness, however in here the FL hold her ground and didnt forgive the brother till he did times, where she visited and she will wait for him outside, he serve some times...and came out a better man....well at least i hope he did become a better man

I'm actually a bit disappointed  with this one. A Liu Qing drama with so little romance and no kissing scenes. Whaaat the heck... What a waste of his great chemistry with Bai Yan.

Aside from that the script is not that great. It's a bit cartoony and preachy. And what... 20 years later... everyone looks the same. Mum is apparently also walking after being told she'll never walk again. 

The whole show was one big lecture about not abusing your wealth and power. I'm okay with propaganda but the storytelling needs to be compelling as well. 

Here's another with Zhen Ziqi and Jia Yuxuan. It's watchable because of the chemistry between the leads and the final act is kinda interesting. But there's too much trash talking in the first half of the show. And the FL spends too much hiding her identity. It's a first love childhood connection story with an overpowered FL. 

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

This is a lovely sweet 傻子 drama. It does get a bit crazy in the final act but of all the 傻子 stories I've watched this would be my favourite. The ML does well with the duality of the character. He's adorable.

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.