The Reading Room

Welcome to the Reading Room for JangHaven’s Reading Corners Book Club!  Grab a book from the Library or suggest one to add.* Tell us what you liked, what you didn’t like, what you would recommend or what you wouldn’t.  All opinions are welcome so long as they are friendly and respectful.  We look forward to hearing what you have to say! 

This thread is for general discussions and hanging out.  If you want to enjoy a lengthy discussion on a specific book, separate from this thread, feel free to create a new topic for that purpose.  In the future, we hope to also host Book Club reads and we’ll create separate topics for those when we do.

*In the meantime, if you have a book you’d like to recommend for our Library just reply and tag @NiteWalker or @themarchioness and we’d be glad to add it. 

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1
  • Party! 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

17 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

well if i want to re-read it will be the last parts hahahaha...the front part a bit boring and draggy to be honest

I totally reread it recently, after the drama was announced, haha.  It doesn't take long to reread after all.  I actually love all of it - the build up's fun and even though they don't get together until the end, there are all the epilogues that follow which show us how they are as a couple.  So I feel like we actually get quite a bit of them together as a couple?  One thing I appreciate about Gu Man novels is that they get straight to the point.  It's the drama that, I'm sure, will end up making things much more complicated.  :P  

• Haha 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

19 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I totally reread it recently, after the drama was announced, haha.  It doesn't take long to reread after all.  I actually love all of it - the build up's fun and even though they don't get together until the end, there are all the epilogues that follow which show us how they are as a couple.  So I feel like we actually get quite a bit of them together as a couple?  One thing I appreciate about Gu Man novels is that they get straight to the point.  It's the drama that, I'm sure, will end up making things much more complicated.  :P  

i pick up the book right after the drama announcement and as i read it, i can totally project both YangYang and Dilreba at it.....

also the drama show a down cast YuTu who are in a cross roads of where he should take or dive for his future.....

i really want to see that in YangYang as they had been having him in a perfection roles that doesnt really face much blockage in things he undertake....  

• Like 1

@NiteWalker @themarchioness I've finished re-reading You're my glory... lols.

Yang Yang and Dilireba's voice keep playing in my head whenever I read their line....  

They totally fit the character.:eeeee:

To be honest, I think the story is pretty short,  things happens pretty quickly in the main timeline... LOL.. Qiao Jingjing is very determined girl! hahaha...  Love her character.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
45 minutes ago, Lynne said:

To be honest, I think the story is pretty short,  things happens pretty quickly in the main timeline... LOL.. Qiao Jingjing is very determined girl! hahaha...  Love her character.

It is, but that's kind of Gu Man's style.  I remember reading Shan Shan Comes to Eat, reaching the end, and going, "Wait, what?  It's over already?"  LOL.  The author has a habit of getting straight to the point and then cutting you off!  But fortunately we sometimes get epilogues that share more.  ;) 

On 9/7/2020 at 12:11 AM, NiteWalker said:

i really want to see that in YangYang as they had been having him in a perfection roles that doesnt really face much blockage in things he undertake....  

Haha, I'm sure we'll get a broody Yang Yang.  That's fine, though.  Pensive, broody Yang Yang is always a treat to stare at. 

Edited by themarchioness
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

Important Information

Terms of Use