Do You Like Brahms? 브람스를 좋아하세요 ? [2020]

Omg, ahahahaha SBS seriously. 🤣🤣🤣

No matter how heavy the drama was, seeing the Min Jae and Eun Bin together still put a wide smile on my face. :hearties:

SBS shared a behind-the-scenes video from the “Do You Like Brahms?” cast reunion for their director’s cut version of their drama.

“Do You Like Brahms?” was a popular, heartwarming drama that aired earlier this fall about classical music students struggling to find love and achieve their dreams. It starred Kim Min Jae, Park Eun Bin, Park Ji Hyun, Kim Sung Cheol, Lee Yoo Jin, and Bae Da Bin.

Although the drama ended in October, the cast reunited to record commentaries for the director’s cut Blu-Ray that is being released next year. At the recording studio, the cast were welcomed with sweet gifts that fans of the drama had sent in.

park-eun-bin-kim-min-jae.jpg

Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin are recording commentary when they are delighted by the entrance of the behind-the-scenes camera, which they know well from their time filming the drama. The two actors are then asked about how they’ve been since the drama ended.

Park Eun Bin said, “My biorhythms went all over the place after filming ended. I would wake up when the sun rose and while others were awake…” She then got confused over her words and Kim Min Jae joked, “Song Ah [her character name] is confused because she’s sleep-deprived.”

Spoiler

do-you-like-brahms.jpg

Kim Sung Cheol is spotted enjoying the fan-sent snacks and laughs when he spots their director’s face on a macaron. Later, when the entire cast reunites to record, Park Ji Hyun and Kim Sung Cheol take a selfie together and Park Eun Bin chimes in, “Why are just the two of you doing it?” Park Ji Hyun hastily says, “Let’s take one all together.” Park Eun Bin points out that Kim Min Jae isn’t there and the others reply, “Photoshop him in later.”

Spoiler

do-you-like-brahms-1.jpg

At the end of the recording, the cast receive flower bouquets that are personalized with their character’s lines from the drama. The actors then thank all the viewers and fans who showed their love for the drama and wish them happy holidays (all the holidays, including Chuseok, Lunar New Year, and Christmas).

Near the end of the video, Park Eun Bin and Kim Min Jae reveal that the Blu-Ray will show a special epilogue that was not aired during the drama’s original run.

source

@abs-oluteM

I'm not even sure if you are interested anymore. Many of you have moved on... don't know if I should tag the others.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 3

Script Tidbits

So I was "scavenging" through Twitter and found some script tidbits shared by the DYLB's nation. Information that stood out for me would be:

1. As we know Joon Young bought new handkerchief for Song Ah which he never got to give her because Song Ah dumped him (ahem, it's true!). What was not very clear was that he actually bought a set! Yeah, a couple set. She eventually got it anyway. Source (1)(2)

2. The B&W photos were taken so that the it can be placed in Song Ah's violin case. Source (1)

3. Although it was presented clearly on screen Joon Young's style of "Shut Up" but it's still nice to "read" about it.

Spoiler

4. Deleted scenes from Episode 11 - the whole of this thread is worth a read

5. Episode 16

This one I can't link it since it's from weibo and not in English. In summary, a lot of scenes were omitted.

a. The tteobbokki date scene was a day before their graduation. There's also some conversation exchange whereby Joon Young tells Song Ah his mother will attend the graduation tomorrow. Song Ah tells him if it is difficult/feels pressured then he should say it next time*. Joon Young said what needs to be said must be said. After the meal they shared an umbrella again.

b. The graduation not only had a backhug but also holding hands, exchange graduation hat & taking pictures (basically what we saw in the stills released by SBS). After graduation, Song Ah was seen to have a gathering with her friends and Dong Yoon them all. Her friends asked her why didn't Joon Young join them, Song Ah knows why but she didn't mention as she doesn't think there's a need to tell them. Her friends also went through her the photos taken on her phone and praised that Joon Young is good looking.

*After this scene then comes the scene Joon Young tells his mum to get a divorce.

c. Song Ah wanted to ask Joon Young how it went but Joon Young didn't text her so she decided best not to ask until that night they meet up again. First they look at each other and then Song Ah gives Joon Young a hug. Joon Young then cried while Song Ah comfort him (just like how he comforted Song Ah in episode 3).

It was shared that this scene had no dialogues all the way but the poster thought it was a really important scene because it showed that Joon Young no longer keeps everything to himself and is showing Song Ah his vulnerable side. That they really become the relationship that rely and support each other.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Very nice @mademoiselle. So happy that KMJ and PEB won for their acting & Best couple! Him playing the piano was the highlight

I need him to cut his hair hahahahahaha. OK got that out of the way.

Yep, it makes a fantastic closure for us who loved them as Song Ah and Joon Young. And individually, a good recognition to the hard works they put in.

• Haha 1