Do You Like Brahms? 브람스를 좋아하세요 ? [2020]

@mademoiselle @JenL @ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM I just read through everything you have been sharing and it feels like I just re-watched the final two episode just from reading it!

Ep 15

I was really happy to see Joon-young cut his Professor out of his life and to confront him about his teaching technique for JY to score consistent 7s and 8s to achieve the highest score. Back in Ep 3 in JK's house when JY spoke with the maestro and she shared the alternative viewpoint of scoring highly from one judge but lower from the rest. I suspected that that brief conversation would make a come back one day and I was so glad that JY brought it up. To me, that represented JY coming to terms that he no longer needed to please everyone and it was enough if even just one person was very happy with. That is such a breakthrough for him!

It was a very satisfying to see Song-ah complete her goal of auditioning for grad school and to be accepted on her own merits, and not having to rely on the influence of her hateful professor. Interestingly, JK went through this as well but she almost quit her own audition. I am glad she didn't that.

My heart broke a little as I watched the montage of them going about their lives separately and as they fell sick from the emotional distress they were going through to process the break up. It was really sad to see JY struggling alone while SA at least had the support of her friend and family.

I freaking loved it when Representative Park went to Team Leader Cha for advice on how to get to JY! That was a such a satisfying moment to see him go back with the tail between his legs.

But I was a little annoyed when he went to JK though, instead of SA. Maybe he knew JY and SA had broken up, and JK is one of his oldest friends. But still that rankled me a bit. I don't know about everyone but the episode certainly succeeded to make me sympathetic for JK.

I was utterly blindsided by Grandma's death as well but I suppose with all the little scenes of her telling SA how much happier JY is now, talking to JK's father, we should have known. That scene where they juxtaposed JK's younger and her current self to her father was really sad and I leaked a few tears from it. I agree with JK in her own self-assessment that she hasn't grown up very much since her mother died. She will have to grow up now that her grandmother is no longer around, she doesn't have HH's emotional support and JY's friendship. I am hopeful the three will reconcile and with the addition of SA, they will be a nice foursome of young people in the classical music scene. 

Finally, we get Joon-young and Song-ah playing together! How could they not! Again, I loved the significance of JY offering to be her accompanist. Not because he was expected to, not because he would improve her prospects, not because she wanted him to. but because HE WANTED TO. I was just crying through the whole performance and to se them clasp their hands tightly together (when they didn't have to) was *chef's kiss.

OMG the I LOVE YOU scene. I WAS SCREAMING. Look at you Joon-young continuing to do things you want. Park Eun-Bin's acting was SO GOOD here. I mean, she was just staying still here but the way her eyes were welling up with tears and emotion! 

Ep 16

I didn't expect SA would accept JY again despite his declaration of love. It's such a perfect mirror of when she confessed and he asked her to wait. But thank goodness that she didn't reject him outright and that he still has a chance. Eek! They also mirrored the early scene of them walking along te walls!

Can I just say I love how much SA's mother pointed out that she was grateful for JY being a comfort and support to SA during her violin playing journey. I thought that was a very pivotal scene for SA to realise that JY did play that role, when she thought he didn't. And of course, I am really happy that SA's mother and sister didn't become the stereotypical critical family members. They may not have understood her decisions but they did support her in their own way.

I am seriously wondering why was SA late to JY's recital? Was she struggling with going? I am really confused at that. To see JY's disappointed face at her not being there was :( 

I love how his recital is his love letter to her and how everyone felt his emotions through the pieces. GAHHHH!

I was also totally faked out by how the venue staff came by to tell him to leave soon. Aish! But good things come to those who wait right.

FOUR ILYs FINALLY! And kisses, glorious kisses! 

The ending was all that and more than I expected! I am so happy to see Joon-young is back at playing the piano and much more happily now. Sidenote: that Representative Park is no longer in the picture! Haha! SA working in concert event organisation sounds perfect for the organisational skills she showed while working for that chamber. 

I also like how they dealt with JK. She does seem like she would be a very good teacher and to teach and mentor younger students who needs to learn how to manage and deal with their talent, sounds perfect for her. I don't know if she would go back to HH, although they do seem to be angling for that. But whichever it is, I hope she takes the time for herself and learn who she is as a person. If they do get back together, it would certainly be with a more self-aware JK and the both of them being on more equitable standing.

This drama was beautiful and poignant, with two leads that grew and developed separately and together throughout the series. The writing was so symbolic and the way it was shot was a breath of fresh air in how they allowed each scene to take their time and for the atmosphere to really seep into our watch experience. With how much comparatively lesser dialogue this drama had, I imagine the scriptwriter must have a very strong image in mind when she wrote and for the director and actors to share in the vision to execute. My only criticism remains that the supporting characters of HH, DY and MS wasn't very well dealt with. I still resent how so much time was given to the catty professors instead. 

All in all, this was a satisfying drama to watch. It's a drama I won't be forgetting anytime soon.

Edited by Jane
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

OH MY GAWD @abs-oluteM 

What is SBS cooking up again with this? Going live in less than 3 mins!

@Tofu @Jane @JenL @ktcjdrama @ssteph @cherrhys88 @im0202 @LaLa @Lynne

Who else? I hope I didn't miss anyone else! Is NiteWalker up to date yet? If not, I won't tag. OK, don't kill me if it is NOTHING worthy and no crumbs... 

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Party! 2
47 minutes ago, cherrhys88 said:

It's the bts for their date (spicy food) and also the last scene of episode 16, walking hand in hand and SA walking into the auditorium. And they are really adorable here. :love:

Were there any crumbs for my ship? 
:shocked:

• Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring