Do You Like Brahms? 브람스를 좋아하세요 ? [2020]

Stills & News for Finale 

2020102101001480800100681.jpg

"Do you like Brahms?" Can Kim Min-jae's piano performance touch Park Eun-bin's heart?

SBS' Monday-Tuesday drama "Do You Like Brahms?" (written by Ryu Bo-ri/directed by Cho Young-min/produced by Studio S) is giving emotions to the small screen with its 2020 classic romance. Now we only have that last story left. In the last 15th episode, Park Joon-young (played by Kim Min-jae), who played "Brams" for Chae Song-ah (played by Park Eun-bin), and Chae Song-ah's graduation concert, which played a heart-rending life performance with him, left another great scene to express their emotions.

The fact that Park Joon-young, who did not play Brahms, played Brahms added special meaning. Here, Park Joon-young was a little bit more greedy. Following her heart, she confessed her love to Chae Song-ah. This confession was a change of Park Joon-young, who had never been greedy for anything, and added to the deep echo as it was a confession of Park Joon-young's earnest desire to be happy with Chae Song-ah. At the same time, Chae Song-ah drew attention from viewers as to what kind of answer she would give.

Meanwhile, the production team of "Do You Like Brahms?" unveiled Park Joon-young's graduation concert, which will be played for Chae Song-ah, ahead of the final episode today (20th).

In the photo released, Park Jun-young is performing solo on stage. The image of Park Jun-young immersed in the performance makes us wonder about the beautiful piano melody he will play. Then, after the performance, Park Joon-young's eyes are on somewhere. Whether Chae Song-ah was there or she heard Park Joon-young's performance, it raises questions.

The scene of comforting Park Joon-sik, who gave music before the previous words, touched the small screen with emotion. Park Joon-young comforted Chae with her favorite music so that she wouldn't have a gloomy birthday. The variation of "Moonlight Sonata + Happy Birthday" drew much attention after the show. What kind of music will Park play this time? Also, will Park's music reach Chae's heart?

"Do you like Brahms?" The production team said, "This performance of Junyoung's graduation performance will show Junyoung's heart for Songa and his growth." All the field staff were forced to watch Kim Min-jae's passionate performance, which contained Jun-young's emotions on the piano. "Do you like Brahms? Please watch the final episode until the end," he said.

Meanwhile, the final episode of SBS' Monday-Tuesday drama "Do You Like Brahms," which will be played by Kim Min-jae for Park Eun-bin, will air at 10 p.m. today (20th).

source: Sports Chosun (with Papago Translate)

===

In addition to the above stills, SBS also release a preview for ep16 on Naver TV. It is a scene that Young In invites Song Ah to work for her. Song Ah hesitated whether she'll be able to do it and Young In tells her what she thinks and why she thinks Song Ah will.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

I feel sad...I can't watch episode 15 because the only site I watch from (kiss asian) has a broken link!! I can't access drama cool and viki doesn't show it in my region :letalQQ: *Pulls hair* Do you guys know anywhere else I can watch the show??

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 minute ago, JenL said:

I feel sad...I can't watch episode 15 because the only site I watch from (kiss asian) has a broken link!! I can't access drama cool and viki doesn't show it in my region *Pulls hair* Do you guys know anywhere else I can watch the show??

It's not broken anymore. Check again. They will usually fix it

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

It's not broken anymore. Check again. They will usually fix it

You're right!! OK, gimme an hour and I'll be back to chat and write essays about my opinions :MewGiggle:

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

You wondered if they played F-A-E Sonata themselves, right? Here...

Yes. I did . Wow they really played it. Well done 

i bawled my eyes out watching eps 15 again with subs. Pls let’s have a clear happy ending . 20 mins to finale! 

Spoiler

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

i bawled my eyes out watching eps 15 again with subs.

Same! Well first time with subs (cut clips only) and was ok when I re-watch the whole thing with sub. Which scenes did you cry? Mine was the worse for the part he tells Young In about bringing the umbrella to Song Ah and he ended with Song Ah is having difficulty and not happy because of him. :cry:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
Just now, mademoiselle said:

Same! Well first time with subs (cut clips only) and was ok when I re-watch the whole thing with sub. Which scenes did you cry? Mine was the worse for the part he tells Young In about bringing the umbrella to Song Ah and he ended with Song Ah is having difficulty and not happy because of him. :cry:

i cried there too but I think I cried the hardest when he broke down with his mum.  :nervous:

Why am I scared for a finale? I am quite sure we would have a happy ending ...

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

7 minutes ago, JenL said:

You're right!! OK, gimme an hour and I'll be back to chat and write essays about my opinions :MewGiggle:

LOL, I guess you're in the East Asia time zone then. I'll have to read it tomorrow. Haha. Goodnight all.

Fingers crossed!!! POSITIVITY!!! HAPPY ENDING ONLY! :jinbtsyes:

Hand holding + Hug + KISS are a MUST! :MewGiggle:

@abs-oluteM I don't have time to write about ep15 so I guess I'll do it together with the finale... if it ends well...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Live recaps FINALE  :couplehug:

Repeat scene of his confession to her - basically following his heart that he wants to be happy too

But Song Ah was like I need time ...the hurt was too deep. ( sobs) ...both our hurst are too deep ...so now she asked will you wait for me , and he says yes, I will wait for you. [ GOOD SIGN!!!!!]

Back home, he removes his jacket. Bell rings. Someone brings food...it was HH. ( ehh why I feel so touch) ...HH hugs him ..nice to see them reconcile.

So HH, JK, JY play as a trio for the foundation concert...oh surprise SA was his page turner ( he was surprised too ..they nodded to each other)

The trio start playing ( sorry not sure what classical piece it was ) It was a good performance. Back stage the Foundation staff and Cha says Director would have loved to have seen this. They even commented how surprising to see SA turning the pages. 

Well received performance. The 4 of them greet each other back stage , then JK and HH went off.

SA and JY talked. JY says was surprised to see her . He was like thank you. She returned a music book. sheet he gave her in the past.

Pan to HH and JY - HH also returned some sheets to JK and left. JK ran after him - think she asked if he was going off...he says yes , take care of yourself and be happy ...

• Like 4

SA comes down the stairs and see JK sitting there.

Flashback to a conversation that SA had with her intern friend about JK - I think must be about JK not applying for professorship in the Uni.

SA and JK talk...JK talked about whether it was uncomfortable or something. Didn't catch some parts , but I believe it was some sort of closure for the ladies too.

SA walks alone along that wall...

JY gives some sheets back to JK

JK reflecting on some words that SA told her.

JY looks at the handkerchief gift box..

SA still tossing in her bed

[ please don't drag this]

SA was looking at the results of her graduation 

She meets JY and tells him she has passed...he congratulates her. Lol still awkward , but at least they still meet. He gave her his ticket for his performance - hmm was this the Tchaikovsky competition? Anyway says some stuff..and thanks her. 

They walk along the wall...keep focussing on their hands that almost touch..each time it almost did , they just look at each other.

SA went to the foundation - I think they want her to come work for them - she was speaking to another staff not Cha. Cha finally comes - so the latter does offer for her to join them . Cha really likes SA and asked her to think about it etc. Cha does praise her & encourages her  I think as SA does not seem to think she deserves to be there...

As she walks off she see a programme booklet ...JK's performance - I think she changed her mind - is she applying for the spot in the uni and plays as part of the application. SA stayed on to watch. It was good. JK teared up at the end . Later on SA goes backstage and tells JK how well she played. SA brings up some advice that JK had told her during the masterclass last time.  JK thank SA for her encouragement. SA can see the deep connection between JK and her violin or something.

• Like 4

JK and SA 's  [ex] professor scene...the later invited her to her chamber performance.  Some spicy exchange.

JY wanted to send message to SA asking her how she was . But hesitated.

SA and her mum eat. Mum asked about her boyfriend. SA says we broke up. Mum was like why? SA says - just because. Didn't explain too much. Think mention they are still friends...mum kind of understands her ...and just gave her some advice

SA in her room - still looking at the CD

JY's performance day - SA's seat is empty . He finished playing 1st half and went back stage to take a drink....then went back on stage.

SA came but was late and not allowed to enter the hall. She heard him play beautifully outside - she could see him on the screen outside the hall ( hmm looks like KMJ's hands)

Performance ends . Audience cheered him & gave him standing ovation. even his prof was there but he walked off after that . JY goes backstage .  Then goes back onstage for the encore.

SA could finally go in - she was standing at the back . 
He took a while before finally playing his encore piece with her watching. This must be the song she likes - SA's voice over about Clara's life etc...some flashback scenes of how JY played that birthday & Sonata for her. 

Quite a long piece with SA tearing up & clutching her heart.  It was very moving . 
End of performance - audience claps. JY stands up & faces the audience - takes a bow and goes off. Don't think he saw SA....urghhh

-1st half ends-

JY back stage with his mum and Cha who got him flowers.

JY tells them to take care going off . Cha was going to send his mum off. Mum said some touching stuff about how she never even got to buy him a piano...tells him be happy now. Then left

Someone knocks on the door...the staff came telling him they are closing ..

2nd knock came...SA came in .  

He asked her when did you come in? She tells him when. She mentioned about him playing Brahms ...then he started telling her the story about Brahms, Clara etc. ...anyway , she was like I came here as a friend. ( ehhhh they cannot do this to me) ..she kept saying about being friends...but then she broke down and tells him : I LOVE YOU....

He said: I LOVE YOU ...and says it again twice...and went up to kiss her ...deeeeeeep intense one ....

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.. and he ends it with a whisper of I love you...they look at each other and went in for another deep kiss !

JY tells them to take care going off . Cha was going to send his mum off. Mum said some touching stuff about how she never even got to buy him a piano...tells him be happy now. Then left

He asked her when did you come in? She tells him when. She mentioned about him playing Brahms ...then he started telling her the story about Brahms, Clara etc. ...anyway , she was like I came here as a friend. ( ehhhh they cannot do this to me) ..she kept saying about being friends...but then she broke down and tells him : I LOVE YOU....

He said: I LOVE YOU ...and says it again twice...and went up to kiss her ...deeeeeeep intense one ....

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.. and he ends it with a whisper of I love you...they look at each other and went in for another deep kiss !

next day he comes to see her in some room and back hug! ( graduation day)

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Just in case you didn't see the merged content

I post here again 

Spoiler

Y back stage with his mum and Cha who got him flowers.

next day he comes to see her in some room and back hug!

SA and friends meet up
JY meets mum and tells mum to divorce to  as per preview
MS and DY has good  friendship going on

Ji Won's mum asked JK to please teach her daughter.
Our cute couple go on happy date to eat toppoki
SA was like JY's shi do you really like to eat this (some food name)? He was like yes...she was like are you sure...she knew he was not telling the truth...then she smiled when he told her the truth. And ordered the food.
  • Like 5

I haven't read anything here since yesterday, avoiding spoilers, but just wanna say this before the final episode...

This show is making me feel torn. On one hand I am glad it's finally ending, but on the other hand, I can't bear to let it go... Hahaa, I am becoming just like our OTP, huh?

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

SA brings her violin to DY , I think he is helping her to sell it ? He was like are you sure you'll be ok with it? Then she says some stuff , brings up JY. Talks about her blistered fingers and her bruises on her neck. She knows it is time to let go. He says that he'll do her a favour - was he gonna hold it for her since he knows that deep down she really loved it.

DY got a call and had to step out for awhlile.  SA took one last look at her violin and started crying. Thanked it and says goodbye to it , and well done. So the anyeong or goodbye in the preview was  to her violin not to JY

Many happy dating scenes of JY and SA ( ehhhh I wanna cry , i am gonna miss them ) them laughing , talking on the phone.

Then looks like JY is back to playing. SA was managing his schedule and she even speaks to the organisers in English.

She was helping him pack his luggage and says shall we go. Then he opens a box - it was couple rings. They wore it for each other. So darn sweet ...( me is crying happy tears) ...held hands and smiled. Said Iove you to each other followed by a brief kiss....

Then we see JK in her room waiting for her student...knock came in ...HH came and said hello.

JY at the notice board. SA comes to see him..they held hands and walk off .. both so happy

SA voice over as our lovely couple walk off ..

SA takes a look at the music hall..takes everything in and smiled.  Then JY comes in and calls her SA-shi ..they smile at each other. 

Then she walks to towards the stage...eps ends!!!

HAPPY ENDING ---- I wanna cry because it is over

• Like 4

Hehehehehehehe you guys can't see me but I'm beaming 🤭🥳😎🤩🥰

They did everything I wanted, woo-hoo!!!

But I'm confused, is that couple ring or proposal ring? Thought wedding ring is left hand, what's for right? Off to Google.

Edit:

Looks like there's no exact answer for this but I think it is a promise ring & he's leaving left hand free for engagement/wedding ring. But why he wears his on the left??? Come, married ones, clarify lol.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hehehehehehehe you guys can't see me but I'm beaming 🤭🥳😎🤩🥰

They did everything I wanted, woo-hoo!!!

But I'm confused, is that couple ring or proposal ring? Thought wedding ring is left hand, what's for right? Off to Google.

It is a couple ring . But still it was good.

Right now I am big ball of emotions...so happy that we got the perfect ending after so much angst. But at the same time , I feel sad we have to let them go. 

The kiss scene

Topoki date - love the teasing and how happy they are

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

It's the last week, so I'm just going to say I've enjoyed this series so much even though it's not necessarily what I normally watch - being someone who has no classical music background-...But I picked it up for Park Eun Bin who I've loved since Hello My Twenties! and was impressed because it was such a beautiful and thoughtful slice-of-life piece exploring a lot of things about talent and ambition, finding your path in life, overcoming the things that hurt you...and love, of course. :BulbaOWO:

Episode 15

- I left so pained for JY who felt so lost at the start of episode 15 having burnout from piano and separating himself from that as well as trying to heal from his split with SA. I'm glad he finally split from Professor Yoo. I think some people thrive under pressure and criticism...but I'm not one of those, so it always felt so sad watching JY being subjected to emotional abuse and understanding that he was not getting anything out of it :PiplupCry: - In fact it was putting him off piano playing. I'm glad Ms Cha also talked to Professor Yoo and told him how impressed JY was with him the first time they met to remind him of when he actually use to be a 'good' teacher. I feel like it kinda confirms what I said before - he use to be good, but became jaded and jealous of his talented student JY who he saw as "wasting" his talents. :PikachuFacePalm:

- I find it weird that JK suddenly swung back to thinking about HH especially since she so recently was still clinging onto JY. But I suspect it was the whole separation with him going off to the States. And her realising all her memories about him were always super vanilla. Like he was always so nice to her....Haha, not a huge consolation, but I guess at least she knew she was a difficult person - "annoyed and prickly" is the translation I got. 

-Speaking of JK, I'm glad she FINALLY processed that she didn't love JY but was jealous of his talents and had been messing with him because of that. I feel like she said those words like 3 episodes ago, but seems like she didn't understand them herself :PikaWutS:  I think I can also see why JY would have liked her in the past but never made a move...she might have liked JY, but HH made her more happy even though she didn't know it (but JY could see this). It seem like this issue has been sorted from JY's end. Now it needs to be sorted from SA's end.

- That conversation between SA and Director Nah was so awkward, fresh after the split, but let's hope it gave SA the encouragement or pressure to get back with JY.

-Umbrellas are like the biggest metaphors for love in K-dramas....It was a thing in Doldolsolsolalasol as well! I was so sad for JY when he was talknig to Ms Cha about the umbrella and how he wanted to carry it everywhere...but then he couldn't anymore because SA felt burdened with him.

- I was so shocked about Director Nah dying!! I did not see that coming. She looked fine to me!! But I guess she was K-drama "old" :poliWeird:

-Finally, the important bits: I just want to saying watching the Brahms performance was so beautiful. I can't tell classical music apart, so it sounded very professional to me, even if SA is meant to be average! I also really liked how meaningful it was that JY offered to play for SA, seeing that it was a Brahms piece...And that they held hands on stage. It showed that JY had processed his past wounds and he really wanted to support SA and be there for her on an important day.:heart:

-And the way he said he loved her made everything skip a beat on my insides. Kim Min Jae just has a way of sounding so intensely passionate. Like he was actually breaking apart . And Park Eun Bin has those lovely sad doe eyes...I was like...just get back together!! It's love!! :wow: But seriously, JY has such trouble expressing himself that I'm glad he said it regardless of what will happen - he thought of himself for once and his words were so heartfelt.

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle interesting that she gave her left but he asked for her right? Deeper meaning - asking her to be his wife?

This was shown right at the end of the show. Gonna miss them

Spoiler

Ekx0PfpWMAAfEcV?format=jpg&name=900x900

13 minutes ago, JenL said:

But seriously, JY has such trouble expressing himself that I'm glad he said it regardless of what will happen - he thought of himself for once and his words were so heartfelt.

Me too. Eps 15 as sad as it was , also was growth for our leads - JY finally honest about his feelings and SA coming to terms with not being able to continue playing violin professionally.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3