Do You Like Brahms? 브람스를 좋아하세요 ? [2020]

New Stills 2

3sU1602479045000-850.jpg

Hmm, he's wearing the same top as the one he will tell Jung Kyung they should not meet anymore...

nFU1602462738545-850.jpg

And Song Ah, please gather your courage and say no to Professor Lee!!

SBS must have sensed how annoyed we were last week so they had decided to release old footage of the photoshoot with some sweet crumbs. Also because last BTS covers ep11-12 so today there is no BTS dedicated to just ep12.

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

@mademoisellesia I wonder if those stills will be the end of Song Ah's dreams to play professionally

Sports Donga article ( auto translated)

'Do you like Brahms?' Park Eun-bin's decision... What will happen to your violin dream?

'Do you like Brahms?' Park Eun-bin, wandering at the boundary between dream and reality, makes a decision.

SBS Monday-Tuesday drama "Do You Like Brahms?" (played by Ryu Bo-ri/directed by Cho Young-min/produced studio S) is increasing its immersion with a story that is running toward its peak. Chae Song-ah (Park Eun-bin) knew she lacked talent, but she couldn't let go of her love for the violin. However, he faced the reality that he tried to turn a blind eye to and looked back on himself.

In the last 12 episodes, Chae learned something shocking. She found out that she was not a member of Professor Lee Soo-kyung's Chamber. She was Chae Song-ah, who had been taking the Chamber job of Lee Soo-kyung for granted. But Lee Soo-kyung said, "I've only gathered good kids here. I made her work as general manager from the beginning," she said, bringing Chae Song-ah from dream to reality.

Chae Song-ah's ending, recalling the words "I'll go back to the beginning of the song," amplified her curiosity about what determination she will make and the next development. Meanwhile, in the 13th episode of "Do you like Brahms?" which will air today (12th), Chae Song-ah will make a decision on her dream path.

Currently, Chae Song-ah was working hard to prepare for graduate school entrance exams at the suggestion of Professor Lee Soo-kyung to play the violin for another two years under her.But contrary to Chae Song-ah's desire to like the violin and do well, Lee Soo-kyung only treated Chae Song-ah as a smart assistant. Chae Song-ah, who was only running forward, will be able to see her reality.

However, it will not be easy to let go of the dream you desperately wanted to make your own. Chae Song-ah said that in the reality that lies in her, she makes a decision she can. What kind of decision will Chae Song-ah make after confronting her dreams and reality and clearing her mind? Viewers know how much Chae Song-ah has been in love with the violin and how much she has been hurt by it, so they have no choice but to send support for her choice.

'Do you like Brahms?' The production crew said, “Chae Song-ah does not run away from reality, but makes his own decision. I hope that Chae Song-ah's first step to be happy and what kind of path Chae Song-ah will take now, overflowing and watching," he said. 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 minutes ago, Lynne said:

So.. a curious question... I was reading up to a blog that posted quotes from the drama... and I'm wondering in the drama, was there ever a question of asking "Do you like Brahms?" 

Here's the blog btw https://dayoung.space/en/do-you-like-brahms-kdrama-quotes-with-translation/

This drama have pretty memorable quotes... :heart: 

Yes. Song Ah asked Joon Young that. You can see it from this long trailer w/ C-subs ^ ^

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Yes. Song Ah asked Joon Young that. You can see it from this long trailer w/ C-subs ^ ^

Got it! in the 0.53....  ahhh the trailer... it captures the mellowness perfectly... 

I love the end of the trailer where Joon Young walk and gave Song Ah a bright smile....

4 More episodes till I can binge... :wow2:

@mademoisellesia waittt.... its available on IQIYI too?? I can't find it on the international app? :cry:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Lynne Yessss that was a scene we all loved because Joon Young had never smiled this brightly until he had Song Ah! :wow:

You should join us now! Ok, maybe let Joon Young serenade you first.

THROWBACK!

@abs-oluteM I believe I mention this earlier during the drama that I wanted Song Ah to succeed in her violinist dream. I wanted it end with positivity and see her have a duet with Joon Young and they become friends, lovers and soul mates in music. However, we now have 4 episodes left and it does not seem like there is much progress with her violin playing. Even the accompianist doesn't think she's good enough and until now we still hadn't seen her play with Joon Young, which I was hoping would help her improve, so I guess I now have to go down the practical route and conclude we're heading towards her ending her dream. I don't see any other way she could advance forward 😔 Still, there's that 10% left of me wish the writer will grant Song Ah her wish...

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Live Recaps

Some conference for the music professors. SA's prof boasting about chamber orchestra.JK's prof says some indirect things to put her down by boasting about her student the young violinist who won ( the one with who went to JK for help). SA's prof then made a snide remark about how JK must have been the one to do the hard word teaching the girl. Later we get a flashback that SA prof saw JK meeting the girl, and even overheard the girl call her.

Repeat of last week's scene where SA found out that she won't be part of the orchestra during the dinner.

Cut to JK and JY practising. JK gets a call from her professor . Prof was angry that JK was helping the girl behind her back. JK felt bad and was not in a right frame of mind as she decided to head out to see the prof. That I suppose was the reason JY seeing her frazzled state, takes her to see the prof.

That was how SA saw them in the cab ...this is so annoying. Cause JK could have gone herself...anyway as JY waited outside he realised he left his phone at JK's

Our poor SA sitting by the bus stop herself and it was raining ....[ me: cries]

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

JK meets with her prof. Prof was mad.. said some strong words to JK who felt bad and was tearing up.  JK apologised , did not mean to override the professor. But prof was still not happy ( to prof it was as if JK thinks she is better now than the prof)

Poor SA got home herself - she was wet.

JY took JK home....JK telling JY some stuff about mum. He asked her to rest. JK still of course has lingering feelings for JY  ( she thinks of the kiss she gave him in New York)...I think JK is still asking JY if there's really no chance for them ...for them to go beyond friends. JY does say a whole bunch of stuff but what was clear is that he asked her to please not do this ( he does decline her). I think he realised that JK sent money for his dad again ( think so) ..and JK was like I need you. JY was super mad. JK's grandma was there. He saw her ...aish it all became so awkward. 

JY left in a huff...

Grandma asked JK why she was doing this ...this was the scene where grandma finds out that JK has been holding a torch for JY all this while. JK says at her lowest , it was JY's piano playing that comforted her the most. That's why she still needs him

JY outside - gets a text - mum was happy that Dad's problem was solved. JY went back to his apartment - mum was cleaning his place. Then he confronted mum , how did you solve dad's problem? It is JK right? She tried to deflect but JY knew that was what happened. Mum said she did not have a choice. JY starts crying . He hated all this .This feeling of indebtedness...he was not happy playing the piano anymore. Poor JY - he was in tears ( I feel so sad for him)

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

SA looks at some old videos of her and her friends. There was one where I think MS ask her if she was happy ...SA says I am happy

Next day..JY meets JK at the practice room. He asked her how things went last night? He apologised that he could not make it last night. SA was like it is fine...then she said , no it is not fine...She says I saw you and Jk last night in the cab ...where did you go? He explained about him accompanying JK to see her prof...then he mentioned that after that he went back to his house as his mum was never. He however felt guilty thinking about JK's confession to him but he didn't say anything. SA finally says she did not like that he was playing for JK. I think he apologised that she was uncomfortable about it ...but I cannot tell if he has decided to stop playing for JK

SA goes to class...

JK prof bumps into JK's grandma..the ladies spoke for a bit

JY at his prof's room...he could not play ...then his prof came in said some stuff.. Then JY started to practice.

SA goes to a hall in the uni...there was some talk where JK's grandma was the guest speaker.

JY got scolding from prof...then he says can I not play this as I wish...prof was like what did you just say. Got scolded again.

Back to SA in the talk...some girl was asking questions to Manager Cha who was emceeing the event.  I think about the secret to success...Cha mentioned how it is important to play for the heart.

SA prof speaks to Cha with SA present. This is the awful bit where SA Prof was saying about how SA could be the wife that JY need to help him with his luggage / schedule etc. So condescending. Cha felt bad for SA.  JK's grandma quickly cut short the prof. 

Then outside the hall, JY sees JK's grandma leaving the event with Cha. The old lady asked if they could speak for a bit.

-end of 1st part-

• Like 4

The old lady and JY talk in a quiet hall. The former talk about hurts and stuff...brought up something related to JK...she was mentioning something bout Kyunghoo group and the foundation. The old lady apologised to him for him feeling bad. She does ask if he can stay with JK...he said I am sorry , he can't

Old lady did apologise  back for putting him on the spot

SA and manager Cha sitting outside chatting. SA says something indirectly about her feeling hurt (?) , Cha was surprised. JK's grandma in her parting words tell JY about whether he'd play Brahms again. She then says thanks JY , please do well.

Finally SA and JY meet - SA asked did your meeting with JK's grandma go well..he said yes. He asked her if she was alright. Then I think he tells her his decision not to play for JK

we have a scene of HH testing his cello at DY's workshop. The boys chat ...DY ask him about the chamber that he was supposed to play for. hmmm DY tells HH something related to JK

JK and JY meet - the scene where JY tells her that he won't play for her. She finally accepts.Then JY says he will return the money. Then he says we should not meet anymore. So he is also breaking off the friendship .

Takes the bus. Heads for the studio in uni to practise. He was at the room with the broken keyboard. Think he got a text from his prof that he can practise in his room. So JY heads there and sees some pics of him and the prof.

HH bumps into SA and the two have some toppoki together. It was awkward at first cause SA still feels bad about the orchestra thing. Anyway, HH thinks of JY - how JY bought toppoki for him last time. He tells SA he is glad that SA is the one dating JY. He also talks about how he ended up playing the cello etc.

After they parted , JY thinks about whether she still had the courage to keep her violin dreams alive. She remembers many flashbacks of her friends surprised at her decision to pursue music, her dad's words, the prof not letting her play ...looks like she is having 2nd thoughts 

The two rival profs pass each other - SA prof poking more fire about JK ...hmm I think she is trying to drive the wedge further btwn JK and the prof

Oh ...JY goes to see his manager...did he just agree about doing the reality show...the manager ask him something about the concert for the Kyungjoo card

The old lady and JY talk in a quiet hall. The former talk about hurts and stuff...brought up something related to JK...she was mentioning something bout Kyunghoo group and the foundation. The old lady apologised to him for him feeling bad. She does ask if he can stay with JK...he said I am sorry , he can't

Old lady did apologise  back for putting him on the spot

SA and manager Cha sitting outside chatting. SA says something indirectly about her feeling hurt (?) , Cha was surprised. JK's grandma in her parting words tell JY about whether he'd play Brahms again. She then says thanks JY , please do well.

Finally SA and JY meet - SA asked did your meeting with JK's grandma go well..he said yes. He asked her if she was alright. Then I think he tells her his decision not to play for JK

we have a scene of HH testing his cello at DY's workshop. The boys chat ...DY ask him about the chamber that he was supposed to play for. hmmm DY tells HH something related to JK

JK and JY meet - the scene where JY tells her that he won't play for her. She finally accepts.Then JY says he will return the money. Then he says we should not meet anymore. So he is also breaking off the friendship .

Takes the bus. Heads for the studio in uni to practise. He was at the room with the broken keyboard. Think he got a text from his prof that he can practise in his room. So JY heads there and sees some pics of him and the prof.

HH bumps into SA and the two have some toppoki together. It was awkward at first cause SA still feels bad about the orchestra thing. Anyway, HH thinks of JY - how JY bought toppoki for him last time. He tells SA he is glad that SA is the one dating JY. He also talks about how he ended up playing the cello etc.

After they parted , JY thinks about whether she still had the courage to keep her violin dreams alive. She remembers many flashbacks of her friends surprised at her decision to pursue music, her dad's words, the prof not letting her play ...looks like she is having 2nd thoughts 

The two rival profs pass each other - SA prof poking more fire about JK ...hmm I think she is trying to drive the wedge further btwn JK and the prof

Oh ...JY goes to see his manager...did he just agree about doing the reality show...the manager ask him something about the concert for the Kyungjoo card

Oh no what i type all gone....arghhhhhhhh what the heck

SA finally tells her profesor she quit the chamber.

• Like 4

SA tells JY she needs to meet. He agreed to meet at a cafe

Then MS text to meet SA. SA i think tells JY she'll be late...

She ran to the cafe...he has left. He text her that he is sorry that something came up that he had to go and can't wait. Poor SA she walked alone

We see JY got off a taxi ...SA went to his apartment to look for him....JK came out...JY then confronts JK and says I don't want to misunderstand..but something about this crossing the line - even if you're friends??? ( what is this??? ) 

edit to add: This is the scene - good for SA . She is finally standing up for herself

- preview-

JK still not letting go of JY. SA gets some sort of reality check from her sis regarding her career. SA seems like giving up on her and JY cause I saw JY running after her and telling her this: 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

3. [+681][-5] This person is the worst in Brahms. At least Joonyoung's professor is a realistic person and so is Park Manager is but this person just uses people and disposes of them whenever they want. I think they're the most villainous character. 

I totally agree with this comment. Both Professor and Manager Park are at least invested in JY succeeding and are looking out and taking care for him in their own (albeit, a little selfish) ways. But Professor Lee is just using Song-Ah and not even giving back something to her. 

@abs-oluteM I do hope that this drama will go the realistic route that Song-ah realises that she can't hold on to her dream anymore. Perhaps it was the writer's intention to drag out Song-ah's aspirations for this long to receive this sort of reactions from netizens. With the audience now frustrated and sympathising with her, seeing Song-ah pick herself up, stand up for herself will be that much more impactful because it's going to take that much more courage.

6 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

so I guess I now have to go down the practical route and conclude we're heading towards her ending her dream. I don't see any other way she could advance forward 😔 Still, there's that 10% left of me wish the writer will grant Song Ah her wish...

With that said, I do have that same 10% hope as Sia. I would just like Song-ah to perform once, close that chapter in her life and move on.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

@Jane @mademoisellesia k nets complaining about JK getting too much screen time 

Honestly I agree , that they are still going round & round regarding this whole love triangle. :shocked:

translations courtesy of 

https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-do-you-like-brahms-episode-13.html

Naver TV] 'Do You Like Brahms?' Episode 13 Comments and Reaction

Kim Minjae confesses why he can’t let go of Park Jihyun easily

1. [+536][-19] It seems like Jungkyung, not Songah, is the female lead..... is the screentime distribution real...?

2. [+466][-1] Is the writer Jungkyung by any chance?

3. [+430][-10] Phew... writer-nim why on earth are you being like this.... Jungkyung's narrative is too heavy, please stop now

4. [+391][-6] No but she was dating Hyunho all happily, why is she suddenly speaking like it's Joonyoung's fault..

5. [+337][-10] Writer-nim, don't you think you're being too much?

Park Eunbin gets ready to part ways with the violin

1. [+444][-4] Quitting requires courage too... with the courage to start she started music college in high spirits and did it till she had no desire to anymore, and in the end she admitted that she couldn’t close the gap and started on another path which can also lower your self esteem and give you an inferiority complex... If Songah gives up violin there won’t be people commenting from the outside anymore...

2. [+366][-2]  Songah-ya, I praise your courage. Watching today’s episode, I felt that sorting out an area of life important to her couldn’t have been an easy thing 

3. [+329][-3] It’s better to regret the road you did take than regret that you never took it.  Therefore Songah didn’t fail 

4. [+275][-5] Well. The best line today was Hyunho’s. The line at the Tteokbokki restaurant: ‘how did it all end up like this’... how did the drama end up like this 

5. [+221][-4] No but quitting violin could actually be better for Songah’s mental health. Up till now Songah has been living so tiringly and there were difficult people around her because of the violin. Everyone will find their own patH

[Straightforward ending] Park Eunbin’s cold warning to Park Jihyun who keeps coming

1. [+489][-1] Jungkyung, Jungkyung, Jungkyung.. Ha... Writer-nim, we’ve already said farewell to Jungkyung 

2. [+433][-7] Writer-nim, could I not write the script form episode 14 onwards?

3. [+346][-4]  I like that Songah is saying all she has to say

4. [+327][-3] That’s right, Songah’s charm was always her straightforwardness!!!!

5. [+323][-3] Honestly until last week I thought it would be nice If Jungkyung and Hyunho dated again but I’ve changed my mind. Hyunho could do better,,, Hyunho, date a good personㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

• Like 4

I can’t really say anything nice about last night’s episode. I wanted to fist-pump when SA told Lee she is quitting, but the timid and hesitant way she said it, made me hold back. At least it’s a baby step. She did much better when she was telling JK to stop coming to JY’s place so as not to create misunderstandings. That I can give her a thumbs up, but still not a fist-pump. 

Frankly, I became tired watching SA. I know that’s her character setup so that we can see growth... but it’s just been dragged out for too long. It’s like an endless fermata, on a less than pleasant chord, and we’re at the mercy of the writer... 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

:hearties: LAUNCHING OUR BRAHMS FESTIVAL ! :hearties:

RqP5xOY.jpg

Yes we're going through some angsty moments for sure, but what k-drama won't have some eh? From today  13 Oct till 21 Oct 2020, tell us your favourite OTP moment - the one that made your heart flutter on this thread  and receive a sweet surprise from us ! :couplehug: 

Please tag @abs-oluteM or @stroppyse on your post .

Come and show some love to our sweet ice-cream couple on our 

BRAHMS HAVEN SHIP

Visit his shrine tell us what you think of the  talented 

KIM MIN JAE

If you're not yet a member , just sign up and post!

@mademoisellesia @Jane@JenL @im0202 @ktcjdrama @SilverMoonTea @Ameera @LaLa @Lynne @Mouse @Tofu @sugarplum892 @K-maniac @gm4queen @lifeisfullofdrama

pic here cr @Lynne banners cr @gm4queen

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 3

The stills posted above was for this

Source

SBS' Monday-Tuesday drama "Do You Like Brahms?" (playwright Ryu Bo-ri/director Cho Young-min/produced Studio S) turned the small screen upside down due to a shocking incident. Park Joon-young (played by Kim Min-jae) fell into a panic after learning that the song he played was released online under the name of his teacher Yoo Tae-jin (played by Joo Seok-tae).

Above all, the fact that the song was Schumann's "Traumerei" made Park's heart flutter. "Traumerei" was a song that had a special meaning for Park Joon-young. It was a song that symbolizes the heart of Lee Jung-kyung (Park Ji-hyun). Park Jun-young first sat on the piano and played 'Traumerei' like a habit to empty his mind. But Park Joon-young has decided not to play 'Traumerei' anymore. Chae Song-ah (Park Eun-bin) has grown in her heart, and her determination has become more firm.

In the midst of this, Park Joon-young left a lot of questions about why he played "Traumerei" again and how the song was released in the name of Professor Yoo Tae-jin. In the 14th episode of "Do You Like Brahms," which will air today (13th), Park Joon-young will try to solve the case of music theft. In this regard, Park Joon-young's visit to Professor Yoo Tae-jin was revealed, drawing keen attention.

Park Joon-young in the photo is questioning Yoo Tae-jin as if he doesn't understand. On the other hand, Yoo Tae-jin looks at Park with a calm face. Yoo Tae-jin's relaxed and relaxed attitude contrasts with Park Joon-young's nervous and confused expression, making people more curious about the situation. What kind of conversation did the two have? Why is Park so impatient and anxious? And what is the whole story of this incident?

Earlier, Yoo had shown unrecognized qualification as an outstanding teacher or performer. Eventually, he stole his student's performance. Park Joon-young is likely to be caught in a nervousness to lower the song "Traumerei" as soon as possible, which has spread throughout the world. Will Park Joon-young be able to solve this case? Attention is drawn to the main broadcast, where a stormy story is predicted.

• Like 2