Do You Like Brahms? 브람스를 좋아하세요 ? [2020]

EkT_-11WsAwK4bi?format=jpg&name=medium

So it is the graduation recital that Joon Young and Song Ah will play together 😊

This looks like another scene. Not sure why Joon Young looks like he's covered in a black cloth down under (like wearing a skirt) meanwhile Song Ah looks like she's wearing work clothes (in black and white like how Young In described event planner wore).

EkVvpGoUwAAzBhM?format=jpg&name=large

Also this below scene, is it from the past episode? Looks like future

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
3 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

This looks like another scene. Not sure why Joon Young looks like he's covered in a black cloth down under (like wearing a skirt) meanwhile Song Ah looks like she's wearing work clothes (in black and white like how Young In described event planner wore).

Ooo I think there will be a time-jump. SA’s hair is wavy....

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

22 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I always feel that it’s a pity we don’t know Korean language ourselves and have to rely on translation. I do believe the translation above is harsher than the original language. My understanding from hearing what SA said and combining English and Chinese subs, it’s more like “Loving you has been a very difficult journey for me. There is no happiness.” 

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Totally agree with all of this. That's my one thing about watching Korean dramas - it's hard sometimes because you have to rely solely on translations by other people. And sometimes people just get the main message across but not the nuances. I translate for a lot of Taiwanese dramas and I'm very fussy about getting the little meanings across so it's accurate

From what I can understand from listening, Song Ah said "Joon Young-ssi 사랑하기가 힘들어요. 행복하지 않아요." (na Joon Young ssi saranghagi ga himdeuroyo. Haengbokaji ana yo".)

In Chinese it would be "我愛你愛得很辛苦。並不幸福“。

In English, the closest I guess would be "It was hard/difficult loving you. I'm not happy."

Either way, the gist is there although I think the word choice used in Korean & Chinese, the meaning & the impact of the meaning is deeper than "hard" or "difficult". "Haengbokaji ana yo" the word "haengbok" I think "blissful" is more appropriate word choice than "happy" as "happy" is like an emotion but "blissful" is something more than just feeling happy... I don't know, hard to explain, LOL.

Sometimes there is just no direct translation from Western language for East Asian language. For many years, I've wanted to find a word for "aegyo" and I am not successful.

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

It's the person behind JY, she's wearing baggy, wide-legged black pants and just nicely framed between JY's legs. Haha! Could she be managing JY's comeback concert?

Also this below scene, is it from the past episode? Looks like future

Different outfit. She was wearing a skirt in the past episode, she's in pants here. Looks like Team Leader Cha may have enlisted her help for another competition?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

@Jane - Why would he retire?! I'm definitely not going to watch until episode 16 is out. Why do they play with my heartstrings like this?! 😭

The only reason I can think of is him just wanting to escape from all the troubles piano-playing is bringing him - the constant hounding from his manager, the pressure from his professor, the stress of the competitions, the ties he has to the foundation and JK's family.

But then how is he going to make money! Retiring from piano playing won't remove Song-ah's current misgivings about him. I would think that his actions (if it does come to pass) would cast her in an unnecessary bad light.

I can't really fathom JY not playing the piano. I am sure he will continue to do so. Perhaps the retirement could be retiring from competitions or performing. But he could still teach.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mademoisellesia said:

@abs-oluteM @bluepebbles Should we have a poll for Brahms?

Finale prediction?

Song Ah & Joon Young back together?

Will there be kiss? Hugs? Hand-holding?

We could definitely do that.  

So for the 1st question - 

What would the ending be?

1. Happy ending - Of course JY and SA will get back together

2. Open ending - they will perhaps just be friends

3. Sad ending - there are just too many roadblocks for them to conquer.

Instead of the skinship, what I am more interested in would be JY's career as I believe the kiss etc will depend on whether they'd get back together. 

Would Joon Young play professionally again

1. Yes 

2. No

What do you think?

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

@abs-oluteM I don't know why but because I am 99.9% sure they will get back together that hence it never cross my mind that Joon Young wouldn't play professionally. I suppose we could still have it... (prepared to be slap in the face for what I said...) Please DRAMA GOD, don't you dare!

:lenny: Let me be shallow (and it's what audiences want too) for the skinship. LOL.

Do you want to see:

1. Deep kiss

2. Hug

3. Hand-holding

4. All of the above

For the open ending, maybe two separate options?

a. They will perhaps just be friends

b. The show hints they may get back together but doesn't show us they are

• Like 5

@SilverMoonTea is not even shipping anymore, naughty girl.

Thank you @abs-oluteM I suppose my shallowness has pretty obvious answers (of course we want all of the above!). Oops. ;P

Attaching the YouTube clip of the above you shared.

Either Min Jae needs a haircut OR he's being influenced by Eun Bin always smoothing her hair (Hint: crumbs). I've noticed he's been doing that for in the newest BTS. It's not like it was long enough to be "put behind" his ear. 🤦‍♀️

a6b800ebly1gjr1nfo1bqj20om15ge81.jpg

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

@abs-oluteM I don't know why but because I am 99.9% sure they will get back together that hence it never cross my mind that Joon Young wouldn't play professionally. I suppose we could still have it... (prepared to be slap in the face for what I said...) Please DRAMA GOD, don't you dare!

:lenny: Let me be shallow (and it's what audiences want too) for the skinship. LOL.

Do you want to see:

1. Deep kiss

2. Hug

3. Hand-holding

4. All of the above

I already posted the poll questions as discussed ! I didn't watch this yet, but I am rooting for a happy ending too ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Party! 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Thanks loads @bluepebbles

K nets had some really interesting comments

Source https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-do-you-like-brahms-episode-14.html

[Naver TV] 'Do You Like Brahms?' Episode 14 Comments and Reaction

Park Eunbin  X Bae Dabin, a teary reunion of friends who comfort each other just by seeing each other! 

Screenshot%2B2020-10-14%2Bat%2B10.45.52%

Screenshot%2B2020-10-14%2Bat%2B10.05.02%

1. [+556][-3] Like the ending scene in the first episode about Schumann, Clara and Brahm's relationship, Joonyoung's love that can't come true and Songah's friendship between 3 people, I thought today's episode really showed the connection between them. I also cried when Minsung came over and hugged Songah ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+518][-1] The reason why I liked Chief Yoon.. He knew how to reflect on Songah's feelings.. 

3. [+474][-1] Chief Yoon you did really well here... I applaud you... 

4. [+420][-0] The difference between Lee Jungkyung and Yoong Dongyoon - when Jungkyung found out that the someone who he liked but drew a line between them had faced a misfortune, she unnecessarily got involved even when the person said they'll deal with it themselves, but Dongyoon knew that the person felt uncomfortable around him so he purposely moved away and contacted someone else who could comfort them instead 

5. [+359][-1] I really sobbed here Minsung, you did well 

Screenshot%2B2020-10-14%2Bat%2B10.47.44%

Screenshot%2B2020-10-14%2Bat%2B10.08.54%

1. [+939][-4] Joonyoung-ah, here's what you need to say to Songah. The only thing I want is you, Songah-ssi, not even my father, manager Park and Professor Yoo would leave me alone. The trust and Jungkyung were too heavy of a burden for me. I had very little so it took me too long to let go of everything. I'm sorry I couldn't say it all to you. I hoped that you wouldn't know of my pain and would think I was coping well all the time. I only wanted to say words like 'that's nice, that's good' to you. I wished I could experience a beautiful love like that. I'm sorry for letting you get hurt and broken. While I believed that silence was love, I never knew that was what pained you the most. I'm so sorry for having to make you struggle between managing the violin and me. When the superiors hurt you, we should've been there to comfort each other and I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you. I can't let you go Songah-ssi. I really love you. 

2. [+928][-21] Park Eunbin's acting is insane.... She was too tired but tried to hold it in and when she said let's break up, I thought her tears were going to explode. I really hope that our Songah is happy soon ㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+755][-6] Did you guys even go on any dates after you became official..?? Why was it better before they dated.. 

4. [+694][-6] Was I the only one who cried when Minsung came over and hugged Songah ㅠㅠㅠ?

5. [+652][-8] Park Joonyoung, from tomorrow onwards, you're going to have to play the Moonlight Sonata every morning, accompanied by your explosive emotions because of Songah 

Screenshot%2B2020-10-14%2Bat%2B10.44.26%

Screenshot%2B2020-10-14%2Bat%2B10.11.51%

1. [+840][-24] Who's bad-mouthing Joonyoung? It was his behaviour that was the problem, his true love for Songah was clearly shown by his words? But I understand why Songah broke up with him ㅋㅋㅋㅋ You should've talked about the core feelings Joonyoung-ah. Let's reunite in the next week's episode and kiss her

2. [+724][-3] Ha.. this is worse than the stress I get from exams

3. [+641][-2] I feel so bad for Joonyoung who can't even hold on to Songah ever since she said that she was no longer happy.. 

4. [+619][-4] Even Songah is talking about herself, Joonyoung-ah you should start talking about yourself instead of just saying sorry all the time. 

5. [+423][-8] I wanted to see the two who were the Brahms for a long time be each other's Clara and Schumann..ㅠ I should've known not to get my hopes up when all the drama conclusions are you should live well by yourself rather than dating.. I feel like it was a waste of the actors and actresses' talents ㅠㅜㅠ
  • Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

12 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

:laugh:

12 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

5. [+652][-8] Park Joonyoung, from tomorrow onwards, you're going to have to play the Moonlight Sonata every morning, accompanied by your explosive emotions because of Songah

OMG, please not moonlight sonata as his ritual before practice. This piece always sound so sad for me...

13 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

4. [+420][-0] The difference between Lee Jungkyung and Yoong Dongyoon - when Jungkyung found out that the someone who he liked but drew a line between them had faced a misfortune, she unnecessarily got involved even when the person said they'll deal with it themselves, but Dongyoon knew that the person felt uncomfortable around him so he purposely moved away and contacted someone else who could comfort them instead 

I wasn't too mad about Jung Kyung getting involved BUT I was extremely mad after Joon Young rejected her like the :1000:th time she had the gall to meddle with Song Ah AGAIN. It's not her place to say those things. Joon Young didn't tell Song Ah about Jung Kyung because it wasn't his tale to tell and he respected her privacy. Jung Kyung has no respect for Joon Young. Unnecessary evil, you know. She had better not be made reconciling with Hyun Ho in the finale. :mad:

Thank you @bluepebbles!!! I need to give myself a huge slap. Now that it is in the poll (the open ending), I wonder why I even suggested it and make my own life difficult! :idk:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
5 hours ago, Jane said:

The only reason I can think of is him just wanting to escape from all the troubles piano-playing is bringing him - the constant hounding from his manager, the pressure from his professor, the stress of the competitions, the ties he has to the foundation and JK's family.

I think JY just needs a break from life! (all those thing mentioned) But I'm sure he'll be back on the piano.  Or will do something piano related. He'll probably get back into it once he gets a chance with SA again, I'm guessing.

• Like 4

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Oh guys, look! The girl Jung Kyung taught in the drama! I had thought she must be really a violinist and she really is and is that accompanist Song Ah's accompanist? I can't tell... !

LOL, so she's the real child prodigy. She doesn't even look nervous at all.

Spoiler

• Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 2

Do you want to see:

1. Deep kiss

2. Hug

3. Hand-holding

4. All of the above

@mademoisellesia @abs-oluteM I want them to do all 3. But if I had to prioritise, I think I need them to kiss with intensity to make up for all the deep angst we've had to feel. A kiss like they really, really missed each other. 

For Open ending, I'd prefer that they hint at them getting back together, even if they don't explicitly show it. I think it'd be wasted if they were just friends only because their world seems so harsh and they're kindred spirits who know each other well even if they've suffered under pressure.

5xTwzpL.gif

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

44 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

1. [+939][-4] Joonyoung-ah, here's what you need to say to Songah. The only thing I want is you, Songah-ssi, not even my father, manager Park and Professor Yoo would leave me alone. The trust and Jungkyung were too heavy of a burden for me. I had very little so it took me too long to let go of everything. I'm sorry I couldn't say it all to you. I hoped that you wouldn't know of my pain and would think I was coping well all the time. I only wanted to say words like 'that's nice, that's good' to you. I wished I could experience a beautiful love like that. I'm sorry for letting you get hurt and broken. While I believed that silence was love, I never knew that was what pained you the most. I'm so sorry for having to make you struggle between managing the violin and me. When the superiors hurt you, we should've been there to comfort each other and I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you. I can't let you go Songah-ssi. I really love you. 

This person knows where it's at. Yeah, JY just needs to talk a little more rather than apologise for all the things he's not guilty of or get agitated at SA. And he should tell her that he was trying to protect her and tell her that he's let JK go long ago, all he's been trying to do is repay a debt and cut her off. 

47 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I laughed when I saw this comment. Relationships are like the exams of real life XD

49 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

5. [+423][-8] I wanted to see the two who were the Brahms for a long time be each other's Clara and Schumann..ㅠ I should've known not to get my hopes up when all the drama conclusions are you should live well by yourself rather than dating.. I feel like it was a waste of the actors and actresses' talents ㅠㅜㅠ

Haha, well, if the drama's conclusions are you should live well by yourself rather than dating, that's good advice too :GrowDerp: But I think since it's a slice-of-life genre, I think it might be bittersweet, not bitter. I feel like it'll be an open ending or an ending that is sweet, but probably very mild. I'll happily eat my words if they choose to give us a deep kiss though.

Just saw this on twitter. This makes me happy :heart:

MuiUJkj.jpg

2rmEbZA.jpg

jupIWJS.jpg

• Heart Eyes 4

4 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha, well, if the drama's conclusions are you should live well by yourself rather than dating, that's good advice too :GrowDerp: But I think since it's a slice-of-life genre, I think it might be bittersweet, not bitter. I feel like it'll be an open ending or an ending that is sweet, but probably very mild. I'll happily eat my words if they choose to give us a deep kiss though.

Jen, I have thought of that too...though of course in my heart of hearts I want a fairytale happy ending. But this drama has been pretty realistic in how it depicts the emotional journey of the main characters, so I am trying to tamper my expectations

@mademoisellesia I was just saying on Twitter how good I thought that break-up BTS was . The scene was even more raw...I bawled my eyes out. I seriously think they should be best couple at SBS year-end awards .

• Like 4

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh guys, look! The girl Jung Kyung taught in the drama! I had thought she must be really a violinist and she really is and is that accompanist Song Ah's accompanist? I can't tell... !

LOL, so she's the real child prodigy. She doesn't even look nervous at all.

Thanks for this findings! I have watched the second clip, when she was younger, but not the one she is in red. No wonder I found her looks familiar, but what I kept thinking was which drama have I seen her in before...hahahaaa

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Jen, I have thought of that too...though of course in my heart of hearts I want a fairytale happy ending. But this drama has been pretty realistic in how it depicts the emotional journey of the main characters, so I am trying to tamper my expectations

@mademoisellesia I was just saying on Twitter how good I thought that break-up BTS was . The scene was even more raw...I bawled my eyes out. I seriously think they should be best couple at SBS year-end awards .

@abs-oluteM I know. I love a good fairytale ending too!! But I can accept a a realistic ending or open ending for this drama if it comes to that mainly because it's been paced out so well and sits very much in the slice-of-life genre and style. And I guess it would make sense too. But I hope it's decent. Like even if it was something like JY takes SA's hand and says "I still like you. Very Much" I would still be ok with it for the hand holding XD. If it's just them smiling and looking into each other's eyes, it's a bit mild, but I guess it's an implied happy ending. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2