Do You Like Brahms? 브람스를 좋아하세요 ? [2020]

Hiiiii~~~ I'm here to get Brahms badge 🤣🤣 I am not good at writing opinions about drama LOL.

I knew this drama from Twitter. People talking about it & having analysis. I started being curious. I tried episode 1.

I like how this drama use song's title (?) for episode's title. I don't understand music 😭

I know Park Eun Bin from Queen Seon Deok & her cameo in Dream High. I am familiar with Kim Sung Cheol & Bae Da Bin, they are in Arthdal Chronicles.

Kim Min Jae... It's the first time I watch him. Wow! He can play piano in real life 🤩 😍

First I didn't understand why that man (I don't know his name) keeps asking "What is your name?" to Song Ah. She tells her name already. Later I notice Chae Song Ah sounds like 'joesonghamnida' (I am sorry?) 😅

The moment of Joon Young & Song Ah in front of the restaurant is cute.

Spoiler

I won't be shipper. I had bad experience with shipping couple lol.

The airport scene, surprise... the title of drama is mentioned, Do you like Brahms?

Seems I need to backread this thread, 22 pages 😱

I found this tweet

Edited by ssteph
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

Only one day left before the next episode and I've never been more anxious to see what's next for our OTP. And although I really do want to see a happy ending, I'm preparing myself for an open ending as well.  I'm not sure how they will be able to address all of the issues between our couple in just 2 episodes. Based on those graduation photos, we are sure there will be a time jump as well so hopefully we will get a satisfying end for our OTP regardless.

• Heart Eyes 5
4 minutes ago, cherrhys88 said:

Only one day left before the next episode and I've never been more anxious to see what's next for our OTP. And although I really do want to see a happy ending, I'm preparing myself for an open ending as well.  I'm not sure how they will be able to address all of the issues between our couple in just 2 episodes. Based on those graduation photos, we are sure there will be a time jump as well so hopefully we will get a satisfying end for our OTP regardless.

So true . I am a little concerned . These k dramas have burnt me time & time again with these open endings :cry:... it is realistic but given the emotional investment I have in this drama , I need them to be together . lol!  The OTP does have some personal hurdles in front of them that they will have to sort out before they can reunite. JY with his family / debt problems and feeling burnt out. Then there's SA with her insecurities over love and career. 

But I wonder if JY is to quit playing , how will he be able to repay JK's debt?

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM  I actually hate open endings in dramas but I'm really mentally preparing myself for this one. :nervous:

Some speculations about JY is maybe he'll be a piano teacher and not play professionally. Though I personally don't see that, I think he will continue playing the piano. Maybe playing for or with SA for her graduation piece will serve as a catalyst for him.  As for SA, I think she will indeed become an Impresario rather than a professional violinist and that is also a good conclusion for her story. Sometimes our lives doesn't play out exactly how we dream it to be but it doesn't mean we can not still do something related to what we love.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

JY only needs to find the joy in playing again, and he will surely wow his audience. SA should play critical role to help him find that joy again. 

A good pianist might might not be a good teacher. Just like JY’s professor, he might be good to point out where JY is lacking in his performance, but he himself might not be able to perform that well too. 

I prefer for JY to continue performing because he has proven to be good when he could interpret the music piece with his own heart (praises from the netizen audience). He needs to break free from his professor. Maybe that’s what will help him to play more freely. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@cherrhys88 @mademoiselle @Jane @ktcjdrama @JenL @Tofu 

I am glad that she won't be giving up on the exams . Even if she is not gonna make it , at least she tried. 

I used papago translate https://search.naver.com/search.naver?sm=top_hty&fbm=1&ie=utf8&query=브람스를+좋아하세요+%3F Translations in spoiler

Spoiler

PS20101800200.jpg
In the midst of this, the 15th scene of "Do You Like Brahms?" shows Chae Song-ah on the stage of the practical test at graduate school, drawing attention.

In the photo released, Chae Song-ah takes a deep breath and stands on stage. Lee Soo-kyung and other judges are sitting in front of him. Lee Soo-kyung is looking at Chae Song-ah's performance coldly. Chae Song-ah is playing calmly under the gaze. Chae Song-ah's unwavering immersion in the performance suggests her determination.

Chae Song-ah quit her job as Chamber, but she will show her best effort until the end of the graduate school exam she started. It's not that simple to put a violin at once that I've liked for a long time. Regardless of the result, Chae Song-ah stands on stage to fulfill her true feelings for her favorite violin, to cherish her dreamy self. What will happen to Chae Song-ah's graduate school exam results?

"Do you like Brahms?" The production team said, "Songa does her best until the end without giving up on the stage of her graduate school practical test. She also plays a performance that she has practiced so hard in front of Professor Lee Soo-kyung. Please keep an eye on her for making the violin-loving, veal-like choice.

Okay so if this is her dressed for the exam , then the one with JY playing must be for the grad performance or something . So her dream to an extent does come true?

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM So I guess that means Song Ah will work with the new accompianist for her exam.

Yeah, the one with JY is graduation recital and hard to say because it is graduation so it might also be her last...?

@SilverMoonTea I think this puppy is Mimi

This star Pomeranian is quite famous.

Hit the Top's Cha Tae Hyun sent food truck to Min Jae

Spoiler

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

I am now a bit confused with the time line. But I think we couldn’t be having such a long time jump, with SA graduating from the graduate school? I think the graduation recital is for her undergraduate studies. Sometimes they will gather the students to perform at later date even though they have finished their studies. 

So my understanding is, SA finished her undergraduate studies, worked as intern at KyungHo Foundation, decided to enroll for master school (which is why she needed to take the exam), then presently she is at the crossroads to decide if she wants to continue pursuing graduate school or not, and then the graduation recital happened. Is that right? I am still confused hahaaaa

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am now a bit confused with the time line. But I think we couldn’t be having such a long time jump, with SA graduating from the graduate school? I think the graduation recital is for her undergraduate studies. Sometimes they will gather the students to perform at later date even though they have finished their studies. 

So my understanding is, SA finished her undergraduate studies, worked as intern at KyungHo Foundation, decided to enroll for master school (which is why she needed to take the exam), then presently she is at the crossroads to decide if she wants to continue pursuing graduate school or not, and then the graduation recital happened. Is that right? I am still confused hahaaaa

She hasn't finished her undergraduate for Music. Professor Lee offered her to take Master degree so she has to take exam. So Song Ah is graduating from undergraduate in 2021 (from the pictures above) and performing Graduate Recital.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

The latest photos and description are indeed confusing but it did say practical test, so maybe the one where she would play with JY is the final exam for her to graduate.  I was thinking if the KyungHo anniversary recital will still happen now that the trio are in shambles? Wouldn't it be nice if SA will then be a part of that as pictured in the animated opening of the drama? And based on the floating last day of filming photos, it seems like one of the photo is taken at the auditorium. Initially, I thought it might be the Tchaikovsky competition, but who knows? 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
On 10/16/2020 at 4:53 PM, abs-oluteM said:

2. [+518][-1] The reason why I liked Chief Yoon.. He knew how to reflect on Songah's feelings.. 

K-netizen is absolutely on the money here. At the core of it, he is still Song-ah's friend and is thinking of her before himself. But Jung-kyung is still putting herself first, in that SHE needs him and she believes he needs her. But it is so clear to everyone that Joon-young has moved on. Girl is truly in a spiral and I don't know how or who will pull her out of it.

21 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

When Joon Young & Song Ah connect through music

And there is also when they disconnect. The serious talk scene where she asked about JK and him in the taxi and the break-up scene all took place within sight of their instruments. :letalQQ:

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am glad that she won't be giving up on the exams . Even if she is not gonna make it , at least she tried. 

Me too! I think she needs to do it to close that chapter in her life with no regrets. She looks gorgeous in that black dress.

1 hour ago, cherrhys88 said:

I was thinking if the KyungHo anniversary recital will still happen now that the trio are in shambles?

I have been wondering what happened with that trio performance too. It just got swept away. :ChikoWTF:

I voted for Joon-young not to play professionally anymore. I actually think he might make a good teacher. He wouldn't be like the three professors we have seen so far as well - who seem to teach for the sake of their students' success to add to their own. If Joon-young was to teach, I think he would teach with the right intentions. He knows the journey to success is fraught with difficulties too well, and he certainly had enough bad experiences with competitions and his professor to know not what to do and take care of his students' mental well-being.

@mademoiselle That picture of SA and JY at the castle walls. I saw another one that was a cast and crew photo too. Could that be my hoped-for ending scene of the two of them walking hand in hand into the sunset together? 

Hi @ssteph Glad to see you are here! Write whatever comes to mind, we are all here to fangirl together! Thank you for the link to that tweet. That's interesting that the writer wrote a novel before this, I wonder if they are spoilers about the ending there and whether it gives us more insight into other characters that may have been cut out from the drama.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

JY only needs to find the joy in playing again, and he will surely wow his audience. SA should play critical role to help him find that joy again. 

A good pianist might might not be a good teacher. Just like JY’s professor, he might be good to point out where JY is lacking in his performance, but he himself might not be able to perform that well too. 

I prefer for JY to continue performing because he has proven to be good when he could interpret the music piece with his own heart (praises from the netizen audience). He needs to break free from his professor. Maybe that’s what will help him to play more freely. 

Yep totally agree with this. I actually don't know what JY would do if he didn't play piano? I also don't think he's shown an interest in being a teacher. I think realistically he'll realise he's been under the wrong mentor and try someone else. Or I guess if it's an open ending he could quit and then see what he wants to do...but that is a weird thing.

@mademoiselle OMG It's mimi!!! I love her so much :BulbaOWO::heart::LaxEat::wow::love:

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselle I think Mimi is cupid? Or third wheel? Cos all the male lead star in :heart: with her :shocked:

She's their baby!!! :heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, ssteph said:

@mademoiselle that puppy's name is Mimi, Min Jae's puppy? I thought the name is Bbobbo...

Hahaha no no, Mimi is the dog's name in Dol Dol Sol Sol La La Sol. In that drama, there's a white Pomeranian looks exactly like the one Min Jae is holding in the photoshoot making.

33755e3cf60db1292882c0568d434323.jpg

Min Jae's pet dog is a maltese I think... Haengbok is the name I believe (as tagged).

Spoiler

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@abs-oluteM - I'm glad that Song Ah will see her dream to the end like that. Even through she's been told from many people that she's not good enough, I love how much she continues to work hard for her dream. When someone who does not have talent but works hard every single time, they will succeed. 

@mademoiselle - That's so nice of Cha Tae Hyun. I'm glad that he sent his "son" a coffee truck. 

Brahms finale week starts in less than 24 hours!! :yoongibtscheer:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

:SquirtleWonderfull: The long awaited moment!!! Please please please rekindle your love and connect via Music!

l-2020101902000788100152641.jpg

Translation via Papago so read it with a grain of salt.

'Do you like Brahms?' Park Eun-bin and Kim Min-jae will be on stage together.

SBS' Monday-Tuesday drama "Do You Like Brahms?" (written by Ryu Bo-ri/directed by Cho Young-min), which has only two episodes left until the end of the show, heralded the ensemble of Park Eun-bin and Kim Min-jae at the graduation concert on October 19.

"Do you like Brahms?" depicts the sad separation of Chae Song-ah (Park Eun-bin) and Park Joon-young (Kim Min-jae) and amplified the curiosity about the ending. The situation of Chae Song-ah, who had no choice but to break up, and Park Joon-young, who could not hold her, made viewers feel sorry and waited for the last story.

In the midst of this, the 15th episode of "Do You Like Brahms?" raises expectations as everyone heralds an unexpected situation. Park Joon-young played as a piano accompanist at Chae Song-ah's graduation concert. The first ensemble of the two is expected, drawing attention.

In the photo released, Chae Song-ah and Park Joon-young are on stage together. Wearing a simple black dress, Chae Song-ah stands with a violin, while Park Joon-young, in a black suit, sits in front of the piano. The two, who looked at each other as if they were ready, began to play. Chae Song-ah, who plays with all her heart, and Park Joon-young, who became a reliable partner, make us look forward to the scene.

Earlier, Chae Song-ah had been criticized for her lack of confidence in her performance. "It's okay if I do it alone, but it keeps shaking when I play the piano. You have to drag the song to your tempo, what if it's dragged to me?" During the master class, Lee Jung-kyung (Park Ji-hyun) also said, "Music seems to be hesitant. You have to play with confidence with the idea that I'm leading the music," he advised. At the time, Chae Song-ah asked, "How should I have confidence?" Did she find the answer?

Above all, it is of keen interest what kind of music Chae Song-ah and Park Joon-young played. Chae Song-ah had previously prepared "Frank Violin Sonata" as a graduation performance song along with a graduate school entrance song. However, the preview of the 15th episode drew attention as Chae Song-ah and Park Joon-young talked about the song "Brams." Chae Song-ah told Park Joon-young, "You don't like Brahms." Questions and expectations are mounting over what their first ensemble will be.

'Do you like Brahms?' The production team said, 'Songa spills everything at her graduation concert. Please look forward to seeing if Song-ah can safely finish her performance on the stage, and what kind of ensemble she will show with Jun-young, who will be playing the piano," he said, adding that "Park Eun-bin and Kim Min-jae prepared passionately. Please pay attention to the performances of the two actors who became Song-ah and Jun-young themselves. 

source 

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 3