Do You Like Brahms? 브람스를 좋아하세요 ? [2020]

Episode 11

When I saw Jung Kyung gave Joon Young 3 music sheets to choose from, I did see Franck was one of them and thought it had better not be the same one as Song Ah was playing in the master class. And voila, this episode confirmed it is. I don't want to question whether Jung Kyung chose it intentionally but I definitely do wonder if it was deliberate.

Although Song Ah didn't tell the truth, I'm glad that she tells Joon Young she was having second thought on Franck, because I find Joon Young's answer insightful. In a way, this is Song Ah's life homework—she needs to decide it for herself whether she's going to master it or she's going to give up and let that become a regret forever. And I believe Song Ah will persevere to the end of the entrance exam and then decide if this path is indeed right for her.

I feel extremely sorry that Song Ah's dream and confidence kept being rained on by others, and I absolutely hated Park Sung Jae's attitude and way of communication as it often comes off as bragging and inconsiderate. However I have to agree with what he said to Song Ah as true and practical. It's disheartening but there are some things in life we just cannot master and be able to catch up because of time.

Because of it, I find the first half of this episode heavy. Good thing we get to squeal a little when Joon Young held Song Ah's hand and comforted her. Plus they didn't just hold hands, they locked their fingers! :heart: Although on second watch I kinda thought if I were Joon Young, I would put my arm around her and side-hug her. Hug is a way better option for communicating "consolation". Maybe next week, huh? Since our couple moves in snail pace...

img.gif

Some of you were frustrated with Song Ah for not speaking up to Professor Lee, I actually see she is trying, even more so in this episode even though she didn't get too far. I believe it's also in the culture that the junior don't say no to senior. Even Jung Kyung, in this episode, she's reluctant with Professor Sung but she's also finding it difficult to say no. I look forward to the day Song Ah stand up to Professor Lee. I think that day won't be too far.

So the best part of this episode obviously is the Dae Jeon scenes. So happy that Joon Young ditches "Jung Kyung" over Song Ah and tags along, worrying that his girlfriend is commuting late at night to and fro Seoul. Love it even more that he was willing to share with her his childhood, how his piano career all began and to tell her about the part of his life he is not proud of. Technically he summarises it and gave her a sypnosis rather than the heavy detail, but at least he said it and there was no sugar coating. That, in itself is a LOT of progress and what I had wanted to see from Joon Young—to be comfortable with Song Ah enough to tell her everything and also what she had wanted. In the beginning of a relationship, we want to show our best sides to the person we like so it was definitely a huge step from Joon Young to let her in on that not-so-beautiful-side of his life. And I like that this ties back & helps Song Ah understand better why he thinks his talent is a curse. As for Song Ah, I'm so glad she gets to find out from Omma that she's the first person Joon Young brought home (yay to that 15 years can go down the drain) and received stamped approval from future mother-in-law, kekeke.

9c53a57878b9f1caee0269d32c7f3e69ad143695

bda266e4487d5b4a3d61a337d8bb7af3e96cd71e

954fdf1543796e91540995f53f5a0f8eca8234d6

Last but not least, the ending scene in the bus. This whole scene is overflowing with sweet honey I can't helped but die of tooth decay. And notice the filter used in this scene is pink! That affectionate expression, the smiles from Joon Young, it is emanating with so much love and adoration for Song Ah. If only she knew! And more hand-holding, omgggg, bet @wallflowersforjane has died a :1000: times when she sees it. Is this why you're so quiet, Jane? What I love is him holding it tightly, enveloping it showing how much he's cherishing and basking in this moment. And @abs-oluteM, the irony that we were talking about hands/arms and BAM, Kim Min Jae gives us so many sexy hand scenes :SquirtleWonderfull: Aren't we so blessed?

source: starheart / junghaesin

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
2 minutes ago, abnoch said:

I'm on ep. 7, on the edge of dropping because the frustration about how Joon Young just stood still and replied nothing at the time while Song Ah is blatantly honest asking about the space. MAN.

But I want to see Song Ah longer. Lul

Don’t give up . It will get better . He’ll man up ! 

And Song Ah is always lovely . @mademoisellesia @wallflowersforjaneWe have to sell different things to @abnoch  :smile:

Namoo Update 

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Live caps

They reach back to Seoul...so sweet...still holding hands as he walks her home. They reach home. Saying their goodbyes..then she remembered she got him a gift. Ran up to her house to get it ...then passed it to him. It was inspired by that rainy night at his house when she realised that he didn't own an umbrella . Lol!...ahahaha he was so touched ...could have been a nice kiss moment ...but her sis and mum just came back from work. Such a world of difference when JY greeted them. They were not as warm as JY's mum.

Oh no , JY's mum get some letter ...she was crying ...sigh..I bet more money troubles for JY to resolve. This is so sickening.

JY after shower ( KMJ with slightly wet hair :smile:) ...he was so happy opening the umbrella. SA was so happy keeping the bus tickets as souvenir.

JY was at college practice room...SA came by to see him. Ahhh love the smile they flash at each other. She looked at his music books...think he mentioned he's got to play for the Tchaikovsky competition..she seems a little taken aback as she remembered a long time ago that he didn't want to play that or something. Anyway she left him to practise.

JK helping the young violinist ( I like the arc that JK is headed for -good job drama!)

SA with her professor...as usual the latter asking her to do something. SA calls someone ( was it the pianist ? ) ...the latter was like sorry cannot do this...SA tried to talk more but the lady hung her. Okay I see SA busy looking for someone to be her pianist or teacher.

Jk meets the mum of the young violinist who got angry with JK for helping her daughter without her knowledge. HH was in the vicinity. He came by and stood up for JK

HH spoke to JK in private...didn't quite catch it ...not sure if it was related to the orchestra thing.

Yikes JY's professor was not happy with his performance even bang the keys of the piano...somewhat told him to buck up.

--------------------------

Seems like SA is getting rejected from another teacher / pianist she contacted ...

SA goes to see JY..another classmate came to tell her some thing about another teacher.  JY realise she lost her pianist ...JY offered to do it but SA didn't want as she said he was already so busy. He was like it is fine. He brought up what she was planning to play - was it the Brahms song - anyway SA was like she didn't want him to do it knowing how he felt about it. He was like it is fine. She cut short the conversation saying I am tired and left

It was raining...as she stood outside...guess who came ..of course JY came ...he held the umbrella . Then he apologised to her for forcing the issue earlier. She apologised too...he asked her softly so do you still want me to play ...she nodded...lol...these two.

He opened the umbrella held out his hand as per preview and got her to stand under it. Tells her not to worry. What a sweet scene

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Looks like that young violinist who came to see JK also takes lessons from her professor.

JK at home ..see her dad..he was sitting at the piano. They exchange some words but I think he does ask her about whether she misses / thinks of her mum. She asked him back if he also does so...

Then we have a scene of JK having argument with her grandma over her mum...her dad tried to stop her...JK is clearly feeling suffocated -playing violin was more like for her mum's legacy.

Sigh...JY's mum call him..something his dad did again that needs $$$...JY really fed-up , yelling ...asked how much . It was a lot ...poor JY . I am so angry on his behalf.  Manager Cha overheard him . She has a chat with him ...this is really not fair too him. 

Cha brings up getting help from director...JY does not want to . H

MS walking alone ...bumps into DY . They both had to meet some friends in the cafe. So a couple of their friends hooked up. Both MS and DY on the hand feeling so weird seeing the couple. After dinner , MS was drunk  again...DY was with her. Then she brings up SA ...she misses SA . DY just listen quietly and apologised. Said it was his fault. He crouched next to her and then tells her his side of things.

Then pans to JY alone in the piano room - feeling stressed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Professor was surprised that JY would be SA's pianist. She was like why would he ...oh are you guys dating...SA said yes softly. Professor was like - how surprising.

JY with his manager. Think JY has no choice but go with the guy's idea for that reality show. He needed the money.

SA professor asked another student if she knew that JY was dating SA, and that JY would be her pianist..and the girl got jealous or something. Started texting something on her phone after the professor left.

SA practising - seems to still feel concern about her choices etc. 

SA after class - her classmates asked her about it ...she wondered how they knew...rumours / gossip start flying. I guess they wondered why someone of his caliber would do that for her.

JY was talking to some other person - not sure what it was , but SA overheard.

Even the staff at the foundation was gossiping and talking about JY & SA dating. Sigh they don't seem to think positively of it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

SA and JY eating together ...she was feeling down still , he tried to cheer her up and gave her something she liked to eat. She just try to put up a brave front about things...think he asked her about scheduling for practice and she was like give me abit more time ..wanna practise alone a bit more. She is clearly not confident to work with JY.

Scenes of the JK's professor with the young violinist.

Then JY's manager meets the guy from the last concert ( the one who arranged JY's talk concert at the school) . He could not do something he promised to do for the manager. It seems he brought up the gossip of SA and JY dating.

SA professor giving her praise for her playing. Pure lip service as she was just more interested in JY being her pianist.

Ahh crap ...stupid manager meets SA ..as per preview...he does not think  that it is a good idea that JY play for SA.  I am mighty pissed now.

The manager calls JY after that...did not quite catch it.

SA comes to look for JY. So SA tells him she's going for the dinner for the chamber. He tells her he has practice with JK. She thinks of what the manager says about how JY is already playing for JK.  Anyway SA goes off for her dinner

JY's mum calls him ..his mum came to Seoul suddenly. JY text SA..can't meet up with her / join her later as his mum came. She text back saying it is fine. JY goes for his practice at JK's house.  His phone battery died...asked JK to help him charge. They start their practice.

SA greets the people coming for the dinner -cross checking their tickets. The professor arrived says some stuff to her ...but I think SA got some disappointing news . I think she won't be playing. But professor just introduce her as someone who worked hard to arrange all this.  Poor SA , she was super down.  The professor really use her. 

After dinner , she sent everyone off. As she stood by the roadside ..she suddenly saw JY in the cab with JK. She was shocked ...she thought he was supposed to meeting the mum...oh my poor Song Ah. ...

The episode ended so sadly tonight.

Preview ...

okay angsty for sure ...hmm did JY at the end tell JK he won't play for her? 

Someone translated on YT ! 
4qXJO32.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, abnoch said:

I'm on ep. 7, on the edge of dropping because the frustration about how Joon Young just stood still and replied nothing at the time while Song Ah is blatantly honest asking about the space. MAN.

But I want to see Song Ah longer. Lul

Hang in there, @abnoch. The good stuff is coming! 

Are you sure you want to miss all these Song-ahs?

Whoohoo! @Ameera's GIFs are here!

Edited by wallflowersforjane
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

Let’s think of what are the ways that Witch Lee can be slapped hard in the face and brought down as a professor, kicked out of the university....? Can we hope she had been embezzling some of the school’s fund? I don’t mind so much JY or JK professors. They’re not the best and not flawless but they don’t take advantage of their students. Well, at least not the way Lee does. All musicians want to be recognized for their playing, so I can understand JY’s prof. All professors want their students to be the best the first and play well because that will bring honor to their names, so I can understand JK’s prof and her bragging. But I really cannot stand Witch Lee who took advantage of SA’s trusting nature. She needs to be slapped hard! 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Last night I intended to write a rant post after watching live but now I just feel exhausted mentally from lack of sleep and how draining E12 was that I don't feel like writing anything good. The joke of it all is that the rating went up 0.2% at 5.4 compared to E11. WHAT WAS KOREANS THINKING? How is E12 better than E11? It's full of negativity. I feel the positive energy all sucked out of me.

4 episodes left I really don't want to watch anymore people putting down Joon Young and Song Ah. anigif.thumb.gif.8658967fff221eeb86f362da0b9dee32.gif

Honestly guys, what is Joon Young going to do with his Dad? He would be seen as unfilial if he doesn't help. Will Omma divorcing Dad help? I don't seem to think so. Or maybe this time I can hope whatever he is investing in will succeed and suddenly Joon Young will become a chaebol...? :jiminbtssigh: I just can't seem to find a good solution for him without him risking damaging his reputation or breaking his relationship with his family.

EDIT: Oh yeah, why is it so hard to get a Joon Young-Song Ah collaboration? :CubShy:

@abs-oluteM Veins and hand/arm :D

a646ca6ddec862d297326f5b19e202b39691adf8

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1