Do You Like Brahms? 브람스를 좋아하세요 ? [2020]

2 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

So we have one episode of happiness, one episode will give us bitter melon...

Think positive. We will get bedscene....kkkk two 29 year olds in an apartment alone .....:SquirtleNiceAhah:

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

You know what stood out for me in that kiss (since we can't see lips moving) @abs-oluteM? It's KMJ's back muscles stretching, LOLLL. I'm so glad we have another kiss(es) because it's so set up to be that way it'd have been frustrating if there is none.

I don't have high hopes on a bed scene purely because it's PG-15 and on SBS. And they don't even act like they are adult 29. Maybe we can trust Song Ah to unleash her inner beast and prance on Joon Young rather than the other way around...hahahaha. He's definitely the more passive one in the relationship even though I think he wanted to, but just being a gentleman (for now)...:lenny:

A new episode cut from tonight's episde - depressed Joon Young

https://tv.naver.com/v/16003225

(will need VPN to watch it if it is locked)

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Haha 3

SBS releases kiss cut!

Seriously, they show us Song Ah puts the ice cream down but don't show us if she puts her hand on Joon Young and pulls him in for ahem, more deeper kiss or not!!! C'moooon. I feel like we should be the director, hahahahaha.

New stills & Song Ah crying

EjD96N1WoAA2_ja?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

EjD96N1XgAAcO-J?format=jpg&name=mediumEjD96N0XgAAeYia?format=jpg&name=medium

• Heart Eyes 3
1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

they show us Song Ah puts the ice cream down but don't show us if she puts her hand on Joon Young and pulls him in for ahem, more deeper kiss or not!!! C'moooon. I feel like we should be the director, hahahahaha.

I was also waiting for the scene of her hand reaching up to his arm or neck!! Something went wrong in the editing room? Someone got distracted by the melting ice cream and forgot to include that cut?! :thinking:

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoisellesia kkkkkkkk yeah bed scene is not likely given how PG these two are but of course SBS wants to be a troll ....strange atmosphere

Or a fade to black situation. But I doubt it with this two right?

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I just started watching ep.9. Had to come here first and say that I am so glad! that they’re back to being open about how they feel ~ the talk after the kiss. :smile: And back to their giggling self. 

Me too! I was so happy that SA opened up about how she was feeling and they cleared up all the confusion between them. I was also very glad that JY made it clear to JK and then to HH later. 

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Seriously, they show us Song Ah puts the ice cream down but don't show us if she puts her hand on Joon Young and pulls him in for ahem, more deeper kiss or not!!! C'moooon. I feel like we should be the director, hahahahaha.

Yeah! What was the point of that if they weren't going to show it to us! Did they kiss too well or something? Hahaha! Let's hope there will be a BTS from the front?

• Haha 3

Ok, I finished episode 9. Should have written this before I watched 18 Again (now my feelings / memories are kinda meshed up).

• Ok first of all, I am soooo glad I think from the day they first kissed to Joon Young officially tell Song Ah's friends they are dating it seem like few more days have passed. Woohoo. Our Brahms Ice Cream couple went over 2.5 days! And so glad to see him put away that handkerchief! He should put it in the bin, lol.

• When Song Ah told Joon Young how she felt after the kiss, it reminded me a similar situation I once had. My friend got upset with me for not offering my place for her and partner to stay when they were visting. She said if I'm her friend I should offer and it is the thought that counts, while I thought my place had no extra beds/room for them to comfortably sleep in and it is far away from the city and public transport so I didn't think it was practical and logical to offer. It is one of those the glass is half empty or half filled moment—no one is actually wrong or right yet misunderstand happens because of how we think and approach the same thing differently.

• I am disappointed with Hyun Ho this time. I'm upset on behalf of Joon Young because both Jung Kyung and Hyun Ho are so insensitive towards him, and selfish! Did they perhaps got used to Joon Young being considerate of them and taking him for granted?

Rather than being happy for Joon Young and Song Ah, all Hyun Ho cares about is how much the dating news would hurt Jung Kyung. I gather that he wants Jung Kyung to be happy and perhaps convince himself that he should let her go and let her be with Joon Young but he doesn't see or even try to understand Joon Young is trying so hard to draw a line with Jung Kyung. Ugh. Are they even worth being friends with? Joon Young needs friends like the girls in More Than Friends!

• Kiss. That was a cute one although I'm sure you all know how unsatisfied I am with the camera work LOL LOL. I hope we get another one or more tonight please amongst all the angst or slightly negative development in their "careers" and "friendships".

• I am so glad that depressing scene (Doomed checker shirt) was from a flashback. Thank GOODNESS. Please Joon Young, no more that kind of look in the present. It breaks my heart seeing him like that (Kudos to Min Jae's acting) but it really puts my mood down too. *Fingers crossed* Please be strong. I thought when he poured out all those pills he was thinking of suicide!

• The last scene - oh dear. I'm so glad at least Joon Young won't misunderstand Song Ah. Right? He's not!? I hope so because these two are honest people and I love them for that, being straight and outright with Dong Yun and Jung Kyung so they can stop thinking about they had a chance. I fully get why Min Seong misunderstood since she probably didn't hear the full conversation. Aish, but my patience is pretty low for Min Seong at this moment because she's so engrossed with her own problem to care about other people's feelings.

@wallflowersforjane Ahahaha. Now I get what the emoji means. Awwww. Min Jae is SOOOO good at teasing!!!

OST #9 Gummy - Love Song

Hello @JenL You're not here often but are you still enjoying Brahms? ^ ^

Let us know what you think, yeah? Or just come fangirl with us.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Hi allI I haven't written here for awhile...it was quiet for a little bit and then suddenly I missed 5 pages!! (Also the Taiwanese Golden Bell drama awards kept me busy as my favourite drama won big!) But now I'm back to spazz over our favourite couple. Also I have so many things I want to say about the last 3 episodes.

Episode 7+8

Firstly that first kiss was seriously so so so sweet :BulbaOWO: Haha @abs-oluteM knows that I watched it 3 times at least, but it's been many more times now. I really really liked the build up to it because it was so tense. But then his confession was so simple, but full of conviction. Like he sounded so sure about how deeply he felt for her. And he said it so many times that I don't know how SA didn't just go weak in the knees! Yeah, I, watching on my screen, was dying from the impact. :MewGiggle:

I have to say JK's confession to JY that she kissed him because she was jealous made so much sense to me! Because I was always confused why she didn't just date him if she liked him so much. But I think a part of her 'liking' him so much when she's obviously been with HH for so long has to do with her admiration for how he has been able to use his talents. She sees her dreams in him and it's making her jealous. I think a part of her just wants to mess him up. And she wants to be like him. She's also had that long intense bond with him, so she's thinking it's love. But it's kind of not - it's like a ball of messy intense feelings stemming from her looking for a way to be happy when she's gradually become more and more unsatisfied with her own life.

Episode 9

But onto Episode 9 which I have a lot of opinions about: I'm really really glad they're having such sweet dates. I like the way they tease each other and joke around and have such easy chemistry. Also, I'm really glad that JY didn't deny that they were in a relationship to SA's classmates. (On a side note, I'm glad that most of her classmates, though gossipy, are not mean spirited or jealous and congratulated her - maybe because it's more a slice-of-life drama, so it's more realistic that people would admire, rather than bully). I really liked that SA was brave enough to initiate the second kiss as well! It was such a cute way to make up for the ice-cream haha....And then the way he reached out to kiss her back was super cute too :LaxEat:

My favourite character is actually Mrs Cha, who she worked for at the Foundation. She is such a wonderful person to both SA and JY - treating them like friends and mentees, unlike the teachers who seem to be treating them as ways to make connections/ find fame/ get money. It's so important to have a boss like that...I feel like someone said it earlier in this forum maybe @wallflowersforjane who also had a good boss?...I think in my personal life, I'm really lucky that my boss is like that. He always has my back - so maybe I like Mrs Cha because I see my own boss in her, haha! I like that she talked to JY and told him to open up to SA because it's no doubt going to help them both when he hits a hard spot with his family or piano playing pressures.

In contrast, I find the teachers at the school to all have problems though?! The teacher who is using her for the chamber orchestra set-up is a real piece of work. Honestly, she doesn't seem to care about any of her students, but she is really going very far to use SA, who she knows will be more desperate for a grad program spot. I find her repulsive...but I also don't understand how you really get connections from having a Chamber Orchestra...If anyone has a better understanding, please explain to me :) Similarly, JY's teacher seems to have used JY to get where he is now. I find their relationship to be so complex though - it seems like he use to care about JY as a person...or was he always just better at hiding his wanting to be connected to the Foundation than the other people who applied for the job of teaching JY?

I watch this drama on Kiss Asian and they translated that the Chopin Competition he got second place in was in Australia (haha my home). I actually laughed because I'd never think of Australia as a place for a prestigious classical music competition. I'd think Europe! Was the version translated wrong? Or if anyone is musical, is there a competition in Australia like that? 

@mademoisellesia I hope JY won't misunderstand! But he didn't look hurt at the end of that episode (though she did tell him DY wouldn't be at the dinner??) I think MS just caught the wrong words and she's already been so caught up in her love for him. I do find her annoying at times, but I also feel sorry for her - she was genuinely happy that SA found love though, so I guess she's hurt to find out this "truth" was hidden from her. But as much as I like SA, I do feel that she didn't make a smart choice. If you're waiting for that friend to come (even if it seems like they are super late) I'd avoid talking about a subject like that!! (I have been the super late friend before....so I know that people can always sneak in  last minute!)

Added Edit:

@mademoisellesia Haha...I'm loving the drama! I meant to be here more, but I really forgot how fast Korean dramas are! I'm use to the once a week pacing of Taiwanese dramas, so I can spazz very slowly. But with the 2 episodes a week....I feel like there's so much going on if you take into account the BTS content too :BulbaConfused: I am a very slooowwww person :Sherlockapie:

Edited by JenL
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

27 minutes ago, JenL said:

I watch this drama on Kiss Asian and they translated that the Chopin Competition he got second place in was in Australia (haha my home). I actually laughed because I'd never think of Australia as a place for a prestigious classical music competition. I'd think Europe! Was the version translated wrong? Or if anyone is musical, is there a competition in Australia like that?

I did a Google, maybe it is this? Said it is established in 2011 and Joon Young's silver medal had 2013 on it.

https://www.aicpc.org.au/

https://www.anu.edu.au/events/australian-international-chopin-piano-competition-2017

29 minutes ago, JenL said:

I hope JY won't misunderstand! But he didn't look hurt at the end of that episode (though she did tell him DY wouldn't be at the dinner??) I think MS just caught the wrong words and she's already been so caught up in her love for him. I do find her annoying at times, but I also feel sorry for her - she was genuinely happy that SA found love though, so I guess she's hurt to find out this "truth" was hidden from her. But as much as I like SA, I do feel that she didn't make a smart choice. If you're waiting for that friend to come (even if it seems like they are super late) I'd avoid talking about a subject like that!! (I have been the super late friend before....so I know that people can always sneak in  last minute!)

I don't think he did based on the preview photos. Song Ah is already crying so I doubt it LOL. You know when girls like Song Ah cries, any tough guy would melt! And Joon Young is not even that tough, so he's definitely going to be all soft on her.

My issue with Min Seong is probably the show depicting her as someone going to Song Ah and talks nothing but Dong Yun. Everything revolves around Dong Yun and herself (even after hearing Song Ah is dating Joon Young and congratulating her, she thinks "Now what about me? Who am I going to be hanging out with?") Bet she didn't think twice about Song Ah when she was dating Dong Yun.

What she heard was out of context, so she's probably going to be thinking either

(1) Song Ah encourages her to go on the blind date because she wants Dong Yun (and she's two-timing) for herself, or

(2) She's plainly upset Song Ah never told her and now she looks like a complete fool to Song Ah all this time, or

(3) She feels terrible that all this time she must have hurt Song Ah.

What's the chances that it's #3?

@JenL Aigooo, ottokae? I want to invite you to join us for More Than Friends spazzing too! It's another cute OTP!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@mademoisellesia Such dedication to look it up! Haha, it exists! And it's linked to our national university, which has a pretty good name in the world even though it's not some old prestigious ivy league. I'm thinking maybe JY getting second in a smaller (non-European) competition might be to illustrate just why other pianists are seen as 'more important' than him now. Like the judgemental people are thinking 'He couldn't even get first place in a smaller competition.'  

Yeah, I didn't think JY looked offended. I also don't think his character is really the jealous type. Not sure if he heard what was said, but I think he's quite level-headed...like he knows things have been going well between him and SA, so unlikely she'd be confessing to DY who treated her and her friend badly.

As for Min Seong, I know what you mean - she is pretty self-absorbed about her and DY, who is a waste of her time to be honest. There are some people who are like that and it can feel a bit much as a viewer to see a friendship that is so one-sided. Out of your options, I think if it's (1), I'd think MS is stupid because SA just told her she was dating JY. But if it's (2), it is kind of self-absorbed, but I would understand why she was mad - it kinda hurts to feel stupid all this time....But also, I'm guessing she'd start questioning all the time DY spent teaching SA the violin. If she's really unreasonable though, she would blame SA from taking DY's attention away from her (this would be quite mean and not very logical). But if it's (3), it could turn into one of those nice friendship moments. I mean, then it's just guilt and being mad at SA because she's made her the guilty friend!

Is More than Friends a new drama? I will join if I'm not too behind. I'll be finished with my other drama tonight and I'm always up for a new cute couple :MewHi:

• Like 4

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Live Recaps

Missed a bit but before last night's dinner scene at the end of the episode-  MS bumped into JY outside somewhere , and after some chat with JY , she invited him to go with her to meet SA. In the cab she told JY to please look after SA as SA really like him.

They reached the restaurant. MS says let's surprise her. They go in and do overhear SA tell DY how much she like JY. JY smiled to MS ...but then they also hear SA tell DY that she did like DY a lot for the longest time , and that was the secret she wanted to keep...then a spoon drop and SA turned around to see MS...MS left in tears.

SA ran after her ...MS says something about bringing JY to surprise her but why did she not ever tell her about her feelings for DY...SA was about to explain. MS says - no, don't want to hear. Ran off.

SA crouch in tears. JY crouch next to her to comfort her. Then he takes her to a convenience store. They sit outside to chat. SA tells JY that she knows how much this will hurt MS ...he pats her hand & shoulders as she cries. At least we know JY is sweet & supportive

SA at her professor's room helping with the Chamber Orchestra work. ( hate the prof using her this way) . SA was a bit out of it ...Prof was like what is wrong with you...ask her to arrange some stuff - tickets etc. SA was not particularly comfortable about some arrangement and told the Prof.

JY meets his agent Sung Jae...JY is against using his pityful family story to get publicity...SJ got annoyed and brought up the competition - that the other guy is now the most talked about pianist. I hate that this agent is just all out to exploit JY as oppose to doing what is best for him.

The scene of SA meeting her ex intern colleague from Kyunghoo. The girl was not too pleasant and accuse her of making use of this whole Chamber thing for her own advantage. 

JK is shopping with her former professor.

SA goes and look for MS at her university...SA was like Min Seong -ah...but before she could say anything, MS went on a rant about how SA does not treat her as a friend for not having told her . She was like you should go..SA tried to apologise but MS walked off.

JK was trying some clothes and thought of JY told her about SA.

She comes up to show her professor what she was trying. The latter asked her who would accompany her , she tells her it is JY.

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Love our sweet couple - she tells him about her failed meeting with MS. JY makes her feel better that  - tells her that it would take time !

Some Kyunghoo event . SA was with her professor. Then JK came with her own professor, immediately all the other guests flocked to them. SA's own professor looked on jealously. It was some sort of dinner with violin performances. SA's prof cannot stand the attention that the other prof was getting

JY finished practising and came out. Saw Manager Cha- they sat outside for a chat. Not quite sure the full conversation but at least JY can confide and discuss things with Cha. JY does seem happier these days.

Event was over, SA sends her professor off in a cab. The she bumps into JK who drove her back. It was a bit awkward in the car. SA thanks JK for the tips during the masterclass. SA gets a text from JY...JK looks at her and says it must be uncomfortable. SA was like no (being polite) ...JK says that it will continue to be uncomfortable. Hmm did I hear correctly that she will continue to wait for JY ( urghhh). Something about how she knows JY alot longer 

SA got dropped off ...SA meets with JY. JY was like what is wrong cause she seemed distracted....then OMO!!!! she was like can we go up to your place, she hopes to know more about him...man , he was surprised.

They go up to his place...he quickly tidies his bed. Then he got her slippers to wear. She was like this a nice place . Got her to sit down and asked if she'd like coffee. While he made coffee, she admired the scenery he had and says it was nice. Hmm they had some sweet chat then he accidentally drop a cup, it broke...she asked where was the tissue...he says in the drawer. She saw JK's hanky...she paused. Then she was like don't use your hands , you cannot cut it since you play the piano. He says you cannot hurt yours since you play the violin. They ended cleaning the glass together

She had coffee. Then she was like you must be tired. I should go...then it started raining

.....dum dum dum

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1