Do You Like Brahms? 브람스를 좋아하세요 ? [2020]

Aigoooo...nothing happened ...they cut to her back at home. She kept thinking of JK's hanky and how JK told her about her and JY's history. SA cannot sleep. 
JY went to open the drawer...and realised that SA must have seen the hanky. He decided to pack it in his luggage bag where he had his old phone full of the photos of himself , HH and JK...then I dunno if he deleted the photos. He zipped up the bag , and kept it in the cupboard.

JY goes to see HH who was teaching a masterclass for some cellos student. This was also part of HH's application to work for the uni ( same as what JK had to do for her masterclass with SA)

SA and Jk's professor talk outside - JK's professor boasting as usual & annoying SA's professor.

The masterclass was over. JY goes down to meet HH as per preview. HH was why are you here? JY was like he misses him . HH - if you have time shouldn't you practise for JK's thing. JY apologised . HH was like for what. JY for not telling him about his feelings for JK. I suppose HH was pissed that JY feels this way - JY should not hv left those feelings grow ( But then I suppose if JY had been forthcoming with his feelings then , they need not have ended up like that.)  JY continues to apologise. Does not seem that HH is willing to forgive him just yet and he walks off

SA goes to a violin shop to get something...DY happens to go to...

JY gets a text from JK asking if they were meeting.

DY and SA talk after they got their stuff. SA says that MS is her friend so that's why she could not be honest then ...anyway at the end she says sorry and left.

SA at home opens the violin case -sees the photo of her, DY and the gang.

JY goes to see his professor for class. The latter seems deep in thought.

JK goes home , her grandma asked if she has eaten etc. Jk mention that JY would be accompanying her ...hmm she asked her grandma about some piano thing ( couldn't quite catch this)

JY finishes playing a piece...but his professor does not seem particularly pleased. JY continues practising on his own but it was not very productive. An as he was walking home he sees his professor having a drink at those road side stall ..he realise the latter was also going through a hard time . JY joins him for a drink. They have a chat about the other pianist etc. It was some heart to heart stuff ( wait for subs)...something about ambition , wanting more. Really long scene.

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Not sure what Sung Jae wants but he went to see JY's mum. This man is going against JY's will about not using his family. He to ask the mum something.

JY walks SA to her class and they say some sweet things before saying bye. They both had classes.

SA professor still thinking of what JK's professor was saying The she calls SA and tells SA that we must not include HH into the Chamber Orchestra...so bad...this stupid professor is scared of upsetting JK.

JK calls JY , think they were supposed to meet to practise.

SA not getting along too well with SA  - the pianist was like kind of telling off SA & seems she was looking down at SA. SA was like I am sorry...the pianist was like don't keep saying sorry - do better.

JK and JY practising ...both quite tensed.

SA done with her practice. She felt quite down...then she came out and saw a commotion outside another practice room...everyone was admiring how well JY and JK were playing together. SA saw too and you can see her own fears and insecurities playing up. In a voiceover she wonders if she can match up to the talent that JK is and the history that JK and JY have.

[Nooooo , SA don't think like that...have some confidence in yourself. ]

Preview -

URgggh the agent goes and sees SA too...got more angsty stuff especially SA's insecurities - but JY assures her ...and omo ...is he taking her for a daytrip somewhere?

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Oh yeah...  @mademoisellesia , they went somewhere to do something and will stay over ...we got trolled this week as it is with that visit to his home , so please SBS , don't be a tease again

Translations credit to Joey on the YT comment section

Jungkyung: How did you find me?

Hyunho: You always go to the same places.

Jungkyung: Do you wanna have a drink?

Sungjae: I heard that you and Joonyoung are seeing each other. I know that you two like each other and I'm sorry to say this but...

Joonyoung: What are you so deep in thought about? You're not sick or anything right?

Songah: I've suddenly lost my confidence.

Joonyoung: Why did you talk to (Songah?)

Sungjae: That's what a manager does.

Songah: I didn't buy a ticket back to Seoul. You didn't either right?

Joonyoung: Yeah I didn't.

Songah: But why are you smiling? .. We're not going back to Seoul??!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Episode 9 is that sweet center to give us all a break before all the angst and pain right?

I am so happy that they came right out to clarify the misunderstanding they had with each other. The way that SA and JY have been so open and honest with each other throughout their friendship and into their budding relationship is wonderful to see. I suppose this also has to do with them being on the cusp of their 30s and having seen and experienced quite a bit individually.

It's lovely to see SA and JY dating as a campus couple! I am very glad they aren't hiding their relationship and came right out to clarify it when asked. Seeing them date across campus was adorable, going into each other's practice rooms and exchanging their instrument cloths (I am guessing this must be a thing among music student couples)! I was sort of hoping that JY would offer to play for her as part of her practice, just to accompany her for a bit and jam together.

Looks like SA is beginning to realise what a terrible tutor she has. I don’t think she was as calculative as to follow that professor for connections to get into grad school. SA is too pure for that. The poor girl is just so starved for mentorship in her music education and doesn’t know any different (until JK came along), that this professor was able to take advantage of her by showing the faintest of interest.

I have been wondering what purpose JK’s Dad serves and this episode made it really clear that he’s an analog to Hyeon-ho’s possible future with JK. Seems like Dad married into the rich family and have had to neglect his own family to serve JK’s. With all the teasing that HH got from his high school friends about marrying into a rich family and having it made, JK’s Dad probably endured something like that as well. Perhaps that’s why JK’s grandmother pushed HH to apply for the professorship, to try and ensure that HH doesn’t go through the same difficulties that Dad did.

The continued popping up of Hae-na every episode to make snide remarks is kind of annoying at this point. Girl seems to be suffering some self-esteem and boyfriend issues but can she stop taking it out on SA.

5 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Aish, but my patience is pretty low for Min Seong at this moment because she's so engrossed with her own problem to care about other people's feelings.

Me too! Personally I don't get why she likes Dong Yoon so much. They don't show us what's so attractive about him so I just feel very annoyed that she still can't move on from him even though they were supposed to have broken up awhile ago, notwithstanding that one night stand. I really hated it when she spoiled SA's birthday even though I know MS was trying to avoid that very scenario. Sigh.

4 hours ago, JenL said:

but I also don't understand how you really get connections from having a Chamber Orchestra...

I am very incredulous about this as well. All this years performing and teaching at one of the best music programmes in Seoul and you have no connections and you have to use an undergrad student? I don't get it.

4 hours ago, JenL said:

My favourite character is actually Mrs Cha, who she worked for at the Foundation. She is such a wonderful person to both SA and JY - treating them like friends and mentees, unlike the teachers who seem to be treating them as ways to make connections/ find fame/ get money. It's so important to have a boss like that...I feel like someone said it earlier in this forum maybe @wallflowersforjane who also had a good boss?...I think in my personal life, I'm really lucky that my boss is like that.

Woah I can't believe you remember that! I feel like I said that months ago! But I am in total agreement with you, Team Leader Cha is my favourite character after the OTP! She's so dedicated to the trio's well-being as well. In Ep 9, I love how she gave JK an encouraging squeeze at the board meeting, taking HH out for dinner earlier in the show, making sure both SA and HN were evenly distributed events to work on. It's truly a testament to how amazing she is that SA and JY shared with her about their relationship!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1

I have only watched the first half of ep.10 and have to stop coz need to take care of other stuff. Tbh, SA is starting to get on my nerves about her lack of confidence and discernment. Is she really that foolish to not see that her professor is nothing but an opportunist? Does she not know she is being taken advantage of? It seems she does, but she let it be. There were many times that she kinda suspicious but she choose to believe. *rolleyes* and then seeing the handkerchief again and she becomes unsure again.... My boy is gonna have a hard time assuring her *rolleyesagain*... Sorry for the rant. I am rather angry at SA at the moment. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Finished ep.10... very tiring to watch this episode. The people surrounding our OTP are really a piece of work. Can we just ship them off to live peacefully in another city or another country then? At least the preview for next episode seems to show they're going to be spending some time alone outside of Seoul.

I am full of steam right now. I read some of the comments in Chinese forums and the sentiments are about the same as mine. People are getting tired about SA's lack of confidence and assertiveness. Some even suggested that if she is really not that good, it is wiser for her to accept the reality and just give up the dream and focus on something else. I personally do not understand why she needs to be so adamant in mastering the instrument to the point of performing on stage. There are actually many ways to be able to do that instead of doing it in a professional setting. I love music, and have learned to play the violin and the cello (my first love) after I graduated from college. I know I could never be good enough to perform solo or be in a professional orchestra, but I find the neighborhood/community orchestra/ensemble and take part in them. I have had the chance to play together with other people, on stage, in several settings. So you see, there are many ways. One is definitely not to compare yourself with someone who has learned the instruments for many years earlier than you, and have the talent. I'm sorry to say, you can never catch up! SA-ah....

Her professor ~ such annoying character. And it's not that SA does not have a clue, because she does feel something is not right. If you're so concerned about improving your skills, you should really be very selective of the teacher. If I were her, I would purposely play sub-standard, and even make a mistake, to check whether teacher is actually listening and giving you guidance. I've never been in music school, so I didn't know the way the students are taught. Just listening then a few words "you did well" and that's it? What are you teaching me then, Prof??

The four friends ~ I think I respect DY the most out of the four. Besties MS and HH, both never put SA and JY's interest first. For MS, it's all about herself. She annoys me a lot. For HH, it's all about JK... There are some valid points in what HH said to JY in the performing hall, but in the end, he could not be happy for his friend who has moved on and in love with another girl. JK is still trying to poison (fine, waver) SA's heart. Only DY seems to be cool about what has happened. At least so far we haven't been shown him being a jerk. Yes he did sleep with MS, but he was single and free at that time. It was wrong of him, but they were drunk, and they were once an item. I guess I can still excuse it. His mistake, as with everyone else's mistake to be in the current mess, is because they never tell people what's in their heart, who the person they like. Everyone is too careful about hurting other people's feeling and now everyone's hurt.... Good material for drama, for sure. Just that I am quite tired watching all this now. Not sure, but I might hold off watching next week's episode. Not feeling the excitement at all, of the looking forward to it.... I am going to save my energy and not talk about the other annoying people in our OTP's sphere.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Episode 10

I have to remind myself that this drama is about growth so patience is required to endure some of the scenes in this episode where people put down uri Song Ah and Joon Young and they don't fight back (yet). For the moment, most people around them appear so trashy except our dear Noona Cha In Young. I really hope she gets the managing rights back from Joon Young's agency because I really want to go into the screen and strangle Park Sung Jae, especially knowing he's going to put down Song Ah next week! Nobody hurts my babies!

Hyun Ho and Min Seong

Sighhhh, it's so draining watching them. Maybe it is time to stop being friends with these two. Although I think the writer would make them come around in the finale, but personally I rather they don't. Joon Young and Song Ah can make new, and better friends from now on. These two should just get together, since they think the same—you shouldn't have like my gf/bf, boo-hoo, it is all about me...again. Why are our OTP surrounding themselves with selfish people?

There was only one part of what they said I agreed on and the rest I don't. For Hyun Ho, saying Joon Young should stop loving Jung Kyung, that I agree. On contrary, I wish Hyun Ho realises and tries to understand that Joon Young did try, and he stayed away too for that very reason. And I disagree with the part of "You shouldn't like my girlfriend". Not trying to argue who likes who first, it is a fact that Joon Young was friends with Jung Kyung for 15 years and had liked her before Hyun Ho came between them.

With Min Seong, if she had stopped at "I'm upset because I bragged to Joon Young we have no secrets. Now I look like a fool" I would have been more forgiving. The whole time she is the one who can't control her feelings for Dong Yun and she expects others to be able to. Hmm, the credibility there is zero. And why is it that it is OK for Dong Yun to like Song Ah and Song Ah can't just because they are friends? Are they all not friends first before Min Seong and Dong Yun date?

Professor Yoo and Joon Young

I'm kind of glad that they had a bit of heart-to-heart chat. It was sweet of Joon Young to go to Professor Yoo at the stall too. I'd have left, hahaha. I just hope Professor Yoo's tone would be nicer from now on towards Joon Young and not be so hard on him.

Professor Song and Lee

These two women are so petty, my goodness.

Old habit talk

I'm not sure what's the message the writer is trying to convey here and what will that mean to Joon Young's heart, and also his relationship with Song Ah. Can he face Traumerei without thinking of Jung Kyung now?

Ahhh, let's hope we get some more cute, happy BTS soon and let's think happy thoughts that this two are going to be staying out for a night next week!

img.gif

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Finished Episode 10 also and maybe unlike other people, I'm not as frustrated as some of you guys maybe because I feel like the drama is quite subtle and there's a lot to peel back and to dissect about why the characters act the way they do. 

Episode 10 

I do feel bad for SA and think it'd be normal to feel insecure this episode- she's already feeling less confident from being Professor Lee's assistant and then JK said those things...and now seeing JY and JK play will hurt. But I also feel like while she isn't necessarily winning a lot in this series, the moments where she's upset don't necessarily drag on for episodes at a time - JY usually cheers her up...and it looks like that will happen next episode too. I was disappointed that she's didn't stay over - even for a super innocent-awkward-sleeping-on-the-couch scene. But I liked that she commented on his cleanliness...was totally thinking that when he was freaking out and tidying before she came in! Looking forward to a potential away-from-home scenario next episode and hoping they're not just teasing us!

I find MS and HH's points of view the most unreasonable. I think they're both so obsessed with people who don't care for their feelings that they're destroying the more important people who actually care for them. It's also highly ironic that both MS & HH are telling SA & JY that they should have "controlled their feelings" in the past when they themselves know that it's very hard to stop feeling a certain way as @mademoisellesia mentioned. I get why they might be upset at being made to look a fool, but I don't get how it was a threat if both SA & JY didn't act on their feelings and invite temptation into those platonic relationships. I feel like if they wanted to make MS & HH a bit less dislikeable, they could have maybe written the dialogue a bit better - Like if MS mentioned all those violin lessons or HH actually talked about how they hid the trip from him - I'd sort of see where the jealousy and paranoia come from because they suspect things had happened without their knowledge. But with the words MS & HH actually said, they both sounded selfish because they were not blaming the people who hurt them (DY & JK) who were also the ones mainly "not controlling their feelings," but taking out on the people close to them. I'd actually say out of everyone SA & JY have been the best at controlling feelings till other people pushed it out of them.

Man, the teachers at the school have serious problems. I really think they all shouldn't be teaching :psweatduck: 

At least it was nice to see JY bite the bullet and find out what was bothering his teacher. I'm guessing the teacher is kind of jealous of JY amongst other feelings. It seems like he would also like to play, but he lacks the talent - he's only good at shaping it and as he's rather serious, I think he feels frustrated looking at JY who sometimes seems less dedicated to winning all the time, though he has talent. Talent, but not always the drive or desire 24/7. I guess the central theme of this drama are centred on Talent & Hard Work: Is it enough to only work hard? How important is talent? What if you're talented but it's not necessarily the path you want to take? How should you view your competition.

The competition between the two female professors is so catty! Both seem quite repulsive....But again, I'm confused as to why Professor Lee is using SA of all people to get connections. I mean, it's clear that she's using her as a free slave. But if she cared about prestige so much and she was talking down SA originally to Ms Cha, wouldn't she have picked a more prestigious student to take under her wing (though I guess then she wouldn't have a slave to organise the chamber orchestra.) Again, still don't know how the students will be connections to her - you'd think professors make those at conferences or association events?

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am full of steam right now. I read some of the comments in Chinese forums and the sentiments are about the same as mine. People are getting tired about SA's lack of confidence and assertiveness. Some even suggested that if she is really not that good, it is wiser for her to accept the reality and just give up the dream and focus on something else. I personally do not understand why she needs to be so adamant in mastering the instrument to the point of performing on stage. There are actually many ways to be able to do that instead of doing it in a professional setting. I love music, and have learned to play the violin and the cello (my first love) after I graduated from college. I know I could never be good enough to perform solo or be in a professional orchestra, but I find the neighborhood/community orchestra/ensemble and take part in them. I have had the chance to play together with other people, on stage, in several settings. So you see, there are many ways. One is definitely not to compare yourself with someone who has learned the instruments for many years earlier than you, and have the talent. I'm sorry to say, you can never catch up! SA-ah....

I think if you're maybe a more assertive person, it might be frustrating to watch someone like SA....but I'm kind of more reserved in personality and have been in an environment that was based on judging you on your "talent" and "intelligence" and I think I can relate to feeling small. It's more frustrating when you're looking in, but when you're in that environment, you have tough days but you just learn to power on - And I think SA is doing that, even if she apologises to undeserving characters as a mode of survival. On the opinions of the Chinese forums: As a person of that background, I think Chinese culture can really focus on being "perfect" and "practical" and there's a lot of dramas where the main characters are very talented, or  just lack confidence but they work really hard and succeed, so people feel pained watching someone struggle who might not really succeed. But for me personally, I find dramas being always about the people that succeed to be hopeful, but also stereotypical and unrealistic - It's kind of refreshing watching a more slice of life and seeing the realistic portrayal of someone who's trying to balance doing what they love with the pressures of the outside world (ie. You can only do what you love if you're good at it). I think sometimes when you're finding yourself you think about living off what you love, so maybe her journey is to realise she should just play music even if it's just a hobby? Or maybe she just wants to succeed playing music in that hall before she gives it up? I also think her friends/ old classmates offer the other alternative - they work in the offices and aren't happy about her jobs and admire SA for 'chasing her dreams' (not knowing her struggles). SA is happy playing the violin, but what makes her unhappy is the outside pressures from family and school. So maybe it's about learning to balance those pressures to find happiness. It's an interesting look into what is success and happiness!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Awesome 1

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

There's something that I really miss from past episodes that we don't really see anymore in the recent episodes i.e. Joon Young confides in Song Ah how he feels or her honestly telling Joon Young what she thinks about his piano playing. I thought her answer to Joon Young's question of how it was in the practice room was unsatisfying. I think she actually dodges the question. I can see Joon Young really wanted her opinion.

I miss seeing them just having a good conversation. Maybe that is still happening, but off-screen. Not sure. I just thought it was important because that's how Song Ah got into Joon Young's heart in the first place based on the writer's interview. And I thought previously the scenes and what they talked about had a lot of depth and food for thoughts for both (and viewers).

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
39 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@abs-oluteM I've only watched once, but I don't know, I feel like we still don't get to see much from that angle. Am I too greedy? :jiminbtssigh:

I don’t believe you only watched it once :smug:

KMJ is so cute... both of them are so cute... love watching their relaxed interaction :smile:

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

8 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

There's something that I really miss from past episodes that we don't really see anymore in the recent episodes i.e. Joon Young confides in Song Ah how he feels or her honestly telling Joon Young what she thinks about his piano playing. I thought her answer to Joon Young's question of how it was in the practice room was unsatisfying. I think she actually dodges the question. I can see Joon Young really wanted her opinion.

I miss seeing them just having a good conversation. Maybe that is still happening, but off-screen. Not sure. I just thought it was important because that's how Song Ah got into Joon Young's heart in the first place based on the writer's interview. And I thought previously the scenes and what they talked about had a lot of depth and food for thoughts for both (and viewers).

Haha, I think it's because there's too much drama with the side characters...it'd be good to have a few more quality scenes of them sharing deeper things like you said...because sometimes their conversation in these episodes are cute, but very surface-type topics (ie. "Have you eaten?" "Where do you want to go?" etc.)

On 9/30/2020 at 2:16 AM, wallflowersforjane said:

I am so happy that they came right out to clarify the misunderstanding they had with each other. The way that SA and JY have been so open and honest with each other throughout their friendship and into their budding relationship is wonderful to see. I suppose this also has to do with them being on the cusp of their 30s and having seen and experienced quite a bit individually.

It's lovely to see SA and JY dating as a campus couple! I am very glad they aren't hiding their relationship and came right out to clarify it when asked. Seeing them date across campus was adorable, going into each other's practice rooms and exchanging their instrument cloths (I am guessing this must be a thing among music student couples)! I was sort of hoping that JY would offer to play for her as part of her practice, just to accompany her for a bit and jam together.

I'm so glad to see that they just told everyone they were dating and didn't try to do that awkward hiding around friends and JY's professor bit. And for the most part, I'm glad other people accepted it. (Except for Hae-na, who looks like she's jealous of Song-Ah, but also insecure about her own life choices and how she looks to other). Yep, I think there is a maturity of these two characters that has to do with the fact that they're closer to the 30's than 20's (or younger.)

Looks like SA is beginning to realise what a terrible tutor she has. I don’t think she was as calculative as to follow that professor for connections to get into grad school. SA is too pure for that. The poor girl is just so starved for mentorship in her music education and doesn’t know any different (until JK came along), that this professor was able to take advantage of her by showing the faintest of interest.

I feel like it's weird that people might think Song-Ah has bad intentions for helping out with Professor Lee - she just really wants to know she has a future somewhere. And I think you might say she's feeling a bit desperate, but not being an ambitious suck up! (Then again it's people who don't know her or who are jealous of her in the show who makes than assumption.)

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

I am very incredulous about this as well. All this years performing and teaching at one of the best music programmes in Seoul and you have no connections and you have to use an undergrad student? I don't get it.

Woah I can't believe you remember that! I feel like I said that months ago! But I am in total agreement with you, Team Leader Cha is my favourite character after the OTP! She's so dedicated to the trio's well-being as well. In Ep 9, I love how she gave JK an encouraging squeeze at the board meeting, taking HH out for dinner earlier in the show, making sure both SA and HN were evenly distributed events to work on. It's truly a testament to how amazing she is that SA and JY shared with her about their relationship!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was weird that she didn't have connections and were using her music students!

Haha, I have a weird memory. I think it's because I wanted to agree with you and then forgot, so it was in the back of my mind that I should type it sometime. Ms Cha is the best! She's so supportive of everyone and she sees through the BS with the some of the less nicer characters (and I think works hard to protect both SA & JY).

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Joining the party here a little late so I haven't had the chance to read all of your posts but here are my thoughts:

Chae Song Ah

Like some of you, I am also getting a little frustrated by her lack of confidence. However, I think it stems from the fact that

• very few people supported her decision to pursue music
  • she is constantly told she is not good enough
  • she happens to be enrolled in a prestigious music school where she is constantly surrounded by talent

Perhaps she's obsessed with being able to perform on stage because that, to her, is the validation she needs. Like if she is able to perform, then she's good enough just like everyone else. I am unclear though as to what she wants to do later on after she's had an opportunity to perform. At this point, to me it feels like her ultimate dream is just to be able to perform on stage... but then what after?

Park Joon-Young

I don't recall if Joon-Young ever said he enjoyed playing piano. I got the impression that he got into it because someone discovered that he had the talent and also because he needed the money. Maybe he enjoyed it in the beginning and the joy died as soon as everyone started putting pressure on him? 

He really needs to stop paying his father's debts otherwise there won't be an end to it and he's already suffering as it is. I am frustrated with his mother as well. I feel like he's bottled up so much all this time - what he really thought and how he really felt about music, his family, his friendships.. and it's about time that he starts doing what he really wants to do.

I love that this drama has done a good job of showing us how not everyone who has the talent enjoys everything that comes with it even when it seems they're living the life. To everyone on the outside, Joon-young has the talent, the fame and the success... but in reality he is lonely, unhappy and he doesn't even have the money. At this point, his so-called talent is a burden to him. Meanwhile we have SA who does not have the talent but works hard to achieve her dreams. She enjoys playing and works hard but is that enough? Can those who do not have the gift, succeed with hard work?

Then there's also the element of opportunity. JY not only had the talent but he was given the opportunity and that helped to catapult his career. One might wonder, even if SA doesn't have as much talent, would she have fared better had she been given the same opportunity to learn from a good teacher?

• Heart Eyes 4

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

“Do You Like Brahms?” Writer Reveals What Moment Most Impacted Kim Min Jae And Park Eun Bin’s Love Story

Oct 2, 2020
by S. Cho

The writer of “Do You Like Brahms?” recently spoke about the love story between Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin’s characters in an interview with Newsen.

SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” tells the story of how classical music students navigate love and their dreams. Park Eun Bin plays Chae Song Ah, a late-blooming fourth-year violin major who is seven years older than her fellow students. Kim Min Jae will take on the role of Park Joon Young, a genius pianist who has won at multiple international competitions. The drama has been receiving praise for having a rookie writer, rookie director, as well as a young cast.

As Chae Song Ah and Park Joon Young grow closer, they discover each other’s hidden pain. They begin to comfort one another and the two naturally fall in love.

Because their relationship developed so naturally, viewers began to wonder when exactly Park Joon Young fell for Chae Song Ah. Writer Ryu Bo Ri explained, “Rather than say he fell for her at a particular moment, Song Ah left a deep impression on Joon Young from their first meeting. I wrote it thinking she was gradually finding her way into Joon Young’s heart.”

Kim-Min-Jae-Park-Eun-Bin.jpg

She elaborated on their first meeting from episode one, where they were in orchestra rehearsals. Ryu Bo Ri shared, “Song Ah was sitting at the very end because they were seated in order of their practical grade, so she was unable to perform on stage. Despite listening to the conductor’s offensive remarks, she is able to find the courage to ask, ‘Can’t I perform too?’ To Joon Young, who had chosen to leave on sabbatical because of his hectic life and the pressure of his own talent, I thought this had to leave a deep impression. She is the complete opposite of him in that although she may be lacking in talent, she wants to go on stage solely out of her love for music.”

The writer continued, “Later that night, Joon Young is driving with Young In (played by Seo Jung Yeon) when he sees Song Ah running in the rain, covering her instrument with her clothes. I also think that seeing Song Ah cherish her instrument over herself was a moment that really showed Joon Young what kind of person Song Ah was. It’s because they remind him of the moments he had forgotten.”

Ryu Bo Ri shared, “Like this, in all of their meetings, Song Ah left marks of all forms on Joon Young, which makes it difficult to pick just one moment that made him fall in love.” However, she revealed, “I do think that at the end of episode two, when Song Ah asks Joon Young, ‘Not to anyone else, but did you enjoy [today’s performance]? is the moment where Song Ah suddenly comes into Joon Young’s heart.”

She explained, “Joon Young had always lived to perform in a way that satisfied others, always thought more about how others felt, and was always more considerate about the situations of others. By asking how he feels, I believe there’s no way Song Ah could not have felt special to him.”

source 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2