Do You Like Brahms? 브람스를 좋아하세요 ? [2020]

@ktcjdrama @JenL Which one of you mentioned Twoset violin with World Class Prodigy Chloe Chua? I watched that yesterday and holy crap, her tone colour is amazing! 

In previous pages we talked about just how different it can be if one plays note-for-note and those who has talents and those don't, and what's the difference... I think this video shows exactly that. Not saying the guys are not talented coz I think they are, just that there is still a difference when you see how they tried to just follow the notes with their interpretation* VERSUS her interpretation (fingering etc) and presentation, the results are worlds apart in the sound it produces. 

*It'd have been nice if I could hear the piece after they master it coz then the comparison is more accurate. 

So I think like some of you said, with Song Ah, if you hear someone like this plays with Joon Young (not saying Jung Kyung is at her level yet), it really does kill your confidence and she doesn't really have much left to begin with. She's holding onto a thin thread of one last hope that is Professor Lee. Maybe this is her journey to discover she's just not cut out for it and best to do it as a hobby... 😔 but she can still do classical music related job like the one she does for internship. I think In Young will more than happy to have her back, or perhaps in the end she might become Joon Young's manager instead...? 

P.S. I'm not a fan of Twoset so seeing them being roasted is kind of nice, hahahahahahaha.

@Mouse So glad you are watching too. Do come join us more & spazz with us. 

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
7 hours ago, Mouse said:

One might wonder, even if SA doesn't have as much talent, would she have fared better had she been given the same opportunity to learn from a good teacher?

She will definitely fared better under a good teacher. It made a whole lot of difference, which is why I hated that selfish Prof.Lee who is only wasting SA’s precious time. SA is only walking on the spot studying under her. 

@mademoisellesia it wasn’t me who mentioned TwoSet and Chloe Chua. But yeah, her playing is just, amazing! There are so many young violin prodigies out there now and she is one of them. TwoSet is actually not bad themselves. Sometimes they’re just pretending to not be as good for show. Of course they’re nothing close to Chloe Chua’s level 😅 I am a subscriber to TwoSet because I can laugh watching them 😆

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama I saw another one with a Korean 9 years old with Henry Lau. TwoSet has covered her as well. She is going to be another killer. She even has perfect pitch. Gaaaah, how can people like this exist? :CubShy:

I hope these child prodigies will grow up to be awesome musicians, and not give up or stop improving or become unhappy like Joon Young. It's concerning a little purely because they are Asians and Asian parents are harder on their kids.

Episode 11 Text Preview

송아(박은빈)와 준영(김민재)이 사귀는 것을 알게 된 성재(최대훈)는 송아를 불러내 큰 상처를 안긴다. 한편 준영은 우울해하는 송아를 자신의 어릴 적 추억의 장소로 데려가고, 둘 사이는 한층 더 가까워지는데...

Sung-jae (Choi Dae-hoon), who finds out that Song-ah (Park Eun-bin) and Jun-young (Kim Min-jae) are dating, calls Song-ah and hurts her feelings. Meanwhile, Jun-young takes the depressed Song-ah to a place of her his childhood memories, and their relationship gets closer...

Translation via website BUT I check with my listening too.

@abs-oluteM :lenny: 

• Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Shocked 1
1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

I hope these child prodigies will grow up to be awesome musicians, and not give up or stop improving or become unhappy like Joon Young. It's concerning a little purely because they are Asians and Asian parents are harder on their kids.

Agree, hoping the same for them.

Like for JY, he is at a bottleneck now. Hopefully SA will help him overcome it and both can enjoy playing music together or individually. I love the combination because it has been said that piano is the King of musical instruments whereas violin is the Queen. :wow: 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

and their relationship gets closer...

Close in what sense ? SBS is such a tease . Last week they said in the preview it was  a strange atmosphere when she went to his place . That got me so excited .  But I was trolled :shocked:

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

24 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Close in what sense ? SBS is such a tease . Last week they said in the preview it was  a strange atmosphere when she went to his place . That got me so excited .  But I was trolled

:lol: well the atmosphere was strange

I really need SBS to release bigger resolution for these!

229985_229827_537.jpg

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Close in what sense ? SBS is such a tease . Last week they said in the preview it was  a strange atmosphere when she went to his place . That got me so excited .  But I was trolled :shocked:

I thought it was strange that he was working so hard to clean his place when all he had was a bottle on the table :ChikoWTF: 

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

It's like everyone else is now taking their turn to be Brahms, now that SA and JY have broken free of that identity. 

I don't blame JK for what she said that she's waiting for JY. I believe she believes that both of them will eventually find their way back to each other. But I can't give her a pass about how she said SA should be uncomfortable. That's just a threat. Despite everything that has happened, I don't dislike JK. I hope she finds her happiness and it seems that teaching may be something she's actually good at. I am not in favour of her getting back together with HH, they have hurt each other too much at this point to mend and move on as a couple.

HH also needs to figure out his identity beyond just being JK's boyfriend. I feel frustrated hearing it every time someone mentions him. Is he not known in his own right? Even that association is now hurting his opportunity to play in the chamber orchestra (crappy as it may be). I am so disappointed in how he spoke to JY, can't he even try to understand?  Granted both HH and MS are so blinded by their own hurt and pride but have they not tried to put themselves in JY and SA's shoes? Perhaps this may still happen down the line.

When JK's Professor asked why does JK wear such dowdy clothes all the time. I was like YES! I have been wondering why this girl is always dressed in rather unflattering styles. 

SA's Professor continues to baffle me. She's been made the Dean? I am not sure what the translation is but I am going to assume she's at least the Head of the Violin Programme. How this woman can be made Dean but has to rely on the lowest ranked student for connections is beyond me? Or perhaps we are not seeing her other interactions. But she has SA by her side at the garden party so there was really no one better? I hate how she makes SA do so much of dirty work. Please, SA - escape from her clutches soon! Even the piano accompanist is a better teacher than this professor.

I am hoping that once SA performs on stage that one time. She will realise that the musician life isn't for her, drop her grad school application, and realise that event organisation is where her strengths lie. At least her professor recognises that quality in her too. I believe she was going in that path already until the professor approached her about grad school and gave her false hopes. Ugh. Hopefully Manager Cha will draw her back on the right path, she did seem to have a very considering expression when she was looking at the documents SA submitted.

I hope the action will move back to JY soon, there's so much unresolved about him and his piano playing. Will he find back the spark? Will he enter and win the Tchaikovsky competition? How will he and SA's relationship endure under that competition scrutiny and when the sabbatical year end?

And when will SA and JY play together?! I feel like we are running out of time on this!

Edited by wallflowersforjane
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

On 10/2/2020 at 7:23 AM, mademoisellesia said:

She explained, “Joon Young had always lived to perform in a way that satisfied others, always thought more about how others felt, and was always more considerate about the situations of others. By asking how he feels, I believe there’s no way Song Ah could not have felt special to him.”

I love how the writer has been sharing insights into the story she has created. I hope she shares about what made SA fell in love with JY too. That has been more opaque I feel. I suppose it's him constantly being there for her when she needed support. 

On 10/2/2020 at 12:24 PM, mademoisellesia said:

Meanwhile, Jun-young takes the depressed Song-ah to a place of her his childhood memories, and their relationship gets closer...

Ooohhhh! I really really really hope this couple does not break up in the next few episode for some dumb noble reason. I will scream if that happens. Stay together and overcome your challenges together okay!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

I love how the writer has been sharing insights into the story she has created. I hope she shares about what made SA fell in love with JY too. That has been more opaque I feel. I suppose it's him constantly being there for her when she needed support.

I thought Song Ah's much easier...? I'd say when he's the only one that got her name right and the CD, calling her a violinist and then the hug. There were all actions that Joon Young did that'd touch her heart. There's probably admiration as well for Joon Young's piano playing.

Coz we're going to be on ep11 next week, I kinda don't think there will be breaking up. Don't feel like they "have the time" to break up because they are both busy with their "homework". Joon Young being busy with competition and JK's accompanist. And Song Ah helping with the chamber orchestra and her entrance exam. Maybe they'll have arguments and cold war... to suggest break up feels like an insult to their sincerity of wanting to be together (out of characters too perhaps).

• Like 4

I thought Song Ah's much easier...? I'd say when he's the only one that got her name right and the CD, calling her a violinist and then the hug. There were all actions that Joon Young did that'd touch her heart. There's probably admiration as well for Joon Young's piano playing.

Because she still liked DY a lot at the start of the series so it was quite a fast-turn to fall in love with JY. Whereas JY has been trying to break away from JK for much longer. Yes, definitely many actions to touch her though. I suppose I want to know what in JY did she see that was different from DY for her to change her heart after so many years of crushing on him.

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

to suggest break up feels like an insult to their sincerity of wanting to be together (out of characters too perhaps).

I would agree to that.

But we both know k-dramas have many noble reasons to concoct a break up. I am thinking that with SA seeing JY and JK play together, remembering what JK said to her in the car and with what Manager SJ might say in the next ep, and other potential comments from JK or HH. SA might feel that she is not worthy of JY and could feel the need to break up with him so that she doesn't hold him back. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Not sure when she fell for him , but I think the defining moment when he imprinted in her heart was when he help her cover up during the 1st eps . Her bestie came congratulate her on her 1st performance - he help her save face by saying good job. I love the early episodes where we got to see how they would observe each other . 

@mademoisellesiaNoble idiocy is not my favorite trope as well . I can take SA feeling insecure but it will be refreshing to see the OTP work through their problems rather have some angsty separation. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Her bestie came congratulate her on her 1st performance - he help her save face by saying good job. I love the early episodes where we got to see how they would observe each other . 

Me too! It was really sweet of him.

@abs-oluteM I don't see Song Ah is the easily giving up kind so I don't foresee her spouting "let's break up" without trying coz that's so unlike her character. She didn't give up easily on violin so why should she give up so easily on Joon Youn

Good point! Stay together, you two!

By the way, what happened to that trio performance that SA was supposed to organise for the three of them. It sort of died right when JK and HH broke up? But I remember it was also some kind of important event for the Cultural Foundation.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

New stills - THEY HELD HANDS!!! @ktcjdrama @JenL @Tofu @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea @wallflowersforjane @im0202 Who else? Who else lurking around here??? Come out & squeal with me!

230042_229881_4759.jpg

:SquirtleWonderfull::SquirtleWonderfull::SquirtleWonderfull: I know they've hugged >> kissed but they didn't hold hands and now they will!!! HURRAYYYYY!!! OK, go back to kiss after that, thank you very much.

And omg, Eun Bin's piano medley and she's challenging Mozart's Turkish March!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

@mademoisellesia lol! I read somewhere on twitter that hold hands more exciting than kiss ?! I think partly cause JY is trying to reassure of his love for her & quell her insecurities . 

@Lynne I saw you posting stuff on twitter for this . Have you started watching?

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

@mademoisellesia @abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama @wallflowersforjane I agree with all you above

Those hand holding pics are so sweeeeeettt  :wow::heart::love: 

I think hand holding is sometimes more tender and more affectionate than kissing + which is more passionate and apparently females get slayed by affection. I am looking at those pictures like :BulbaOWO:

• Heart Eyes 4

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

lol! I read somewhere on twitter that hold hands more exciting than kiss ?! I think partly cause JY is trying to reassure of his love for her & quell her insecurities .

LOL, do you mean Park Eun Bin International's Twitter? They didn't explain why though. Not sure about specifically "hand-holding" but perhaps it's more because of "touch". In Healer there was a scene we called it "Hand-kiss" scene between Healer (JCW) and Young Shin (PMY) at the cinema where they just hold hands but didn't see each other face at the time. The scene itself was very electrifying and built up a lot of feels. Later on Song Ji Na held a Q&A and gave an explanation.

Q: Is the reason Young-Shin feels relaxed when she holds onto Jung-Hoo’s arm because of their childhood and does it also imply that they’re destined to be together?
A: A little bit of that, too, but I personally wanted to express personal contact. People these days are all busy looking at their smartphones, but I think it would be better if we actually touched each other, holding hands, hugging… then you can convey way more than just by texting.

8 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Yah, why is this more exciting than the hugs and kisses?!

I like seeing a bit of all. They all have their own special meanings when done properly ;P

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

7bc6d43d2de56f322cb8e0bf00d1b33b2bd87fe2

dd1c95d0c396d49b390ff996fc7652ecfa4bb1ee312bade7f104b6e73ecc1333607944ffc5399f2375d1e822d59e6c5ba69997c83d3f967055d29829

source: https://thingskateknows.tumblr.com/post/630253783596875776

This gif set is so meaningful so I'm sorry for spamming. And, I honestly stare at the last one looping for quite a while. Was he kissing her lower lips then move to the upper. Kinda different to the ones we've seen. This is why I like GIF sometimes, it can be captured in slo-mo something that's not easily captured when it's on full speed in video mode. ;P

• Heart Eyes 3

They held hands?! :wow: I have been waiting and waiting for them to hold hands!!

RE: when Song Ah fell for JY... I don't think there is one defining moment but rather a series of things.. I thought the drama did such a good job of showing them spending time together and getting to know each other as friends first. And then being there for each other. Even though they both held torches for someone else, I don't think they ever planned to do anything about it because both of them valued their friendships - Song Ah toward MS and JY toward HH. I think that is actually one of the things that SA and JY shared and could relate to. I think too that SA and JY saw each other beyond the music. SA didn't just see JY as the talented pianist.. she cared about how he felt. And as for JY, he also saw SA as a person - not just a struggling violinist. In an industry where they are seen according to their skill, they actually saw each other as persons.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump