Awaken 낮과 밤 [2021]

Darkarcana

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I will still continue only for the sake of NGM’s character and Jamie. Not that I’m shipping them but I want to know what happened to them when they were young. 

Good point. I am curious about what happened at White Night Village with the children. I wasn't expecting this drama to be about human experimentation, but that actually makes it both scarier and creepier.

Also, still drawn by JW and Jamie. Still can't bring myself to care about HW, especially when she pulls me out of the drama.

Btw, what is "MDL" that people are referencing? I assume it's another site/blog?

• Like 3

With Episode 6, it felt like the show has (finally!) picked up the pace and we've arrived at a place where there's clarity regarding where the show's headed. The whole mystery for the sake of mystery was wearing a bit thin.

For those of us who watch more sci-fi thrillers than is healthy, I don't believe it was ever particularly difficult to work out what the backstory was but now at least we have confirmation of the facts that White Night Village was a full-scale lab experimenting with children under the cover of operating as an orphanage. What we still don't know is who all these men in suits are and what their overall agenda is. But it's now official TvN is now competing with its sister station OCN in having its own superhero show. 

Recent revelations about Jung-woo and the mysterious Foundation reminds me a little of a 1990s television show that I loved called The Pretender. A child prodigy that was exploited for his incredible intellect but runs away from a dubious think tank organization as an adult when he realises that they are using his ideas for nefarious purposes. Much of the show sees him on the run from his masters and he impersonates various individuals of different occupations to help right wrongs. Of course the other two US shows that come to my mind are Dark Angel and Fringe. Especially when it seems that Jung-woo has psionic abilities on top of his superhuman strength. It also would explain the crazy stunts he pulled during the high speed truck chase on the highway among others. 

I am still finding it hard to buy into Jung-woo's relationship with his team. When they protest over his arrest, it comes across to me as something obligatory rather than believable. I'm not sure if it's deliberate... because he is a different kettle of fish and he's always kept himself aloof from them with his idiosyncratic approach to policing and mentoring. It seems to me that Jung-woo has more of a connection with Jamie and even the sensationalist broadcaster than he does with them. 

Of course I'm not convinced that Jung-woo is the serial killer of the forewarned murders. His responses to Jamie lacked specifics. Plus the powers-that-be were so eager to shut him up that he wasn't interrogated more thoroughly. He is likely to be sympathetic with the unknown vigilante and he might even know who it is. The timing I think is interesting... and IMO it's key to everything. Someone is attempting to raise awareness of the continued experiments on children with the murders. I'm sure Jung-woo has reached a high level of mutation but there might be another survivor, hitherto unknown to us that attempted to raze the original lab and caused the "mass suicide".

Another instance of where I think the script is clunky is when Jamie seems to have an attack of verbal diarrhoea when she tells Jae-woong (Convenience Store Autistic Computer Boy) about her recent misadventures. Now I'm sure the show wants us to believe that they are fated to meet and have a past connection. But why was she so indiscrete when she barely knows him? It feels so out-of-character when she doesn't even tell the so-called special team about her "kidnapping" and surgery and she spills her guts out to Jae-woong so conveniently when he has the very skills she needs to find out what happened to her. I don't know maybe the children of White Night village can identify each other instinctively. That's possible but so far not explained. I'm also a bit disappointed with the fact that Jamie so easily believes that Jung-woo did all the killing. 

Hye-won's dad... actor playing another eccentric man of science after his outing in IONTBO has this darker side to him here. Is Hye-won even his biological child? I have to ask. 

• Insightful 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

12 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It seems to me that Jung-woo has more of a connection with Jamie and even the sensationalist broadcaster than he does with them. 

I have the same feeling too. 

12 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It feels so out-of-character when she doesn't even tell the so-called special team about her "kidnapping" and surgery and she spills her guts out to Jae-woong so conveniently when he has the very skills she needs to find out what happened to her.

Here as well. She is especially friendly to him that it feels so unnatural given that she has been rather aloof too. HW assessed that as Jamie liking JWoong? When did she started to develop attraction for him and why? I mean what did the guy do that piqued her interest? I can’t remember anything except for the staring contest at the convenience store. 

Ep.6 has less smh moments. One that stood out for me was JWoo’s arrest. Jamie already pointing a gun at JWoo but HW needs to fire the first blank into the air? Whatever for?? Then the two cops already had him and ready to cuff, why HW needs to intercept and be the one to cuff him? What difference does it make? It has no meaning too, unless eg.she swore before that she will catch the culprit and put handcuffs on him, or that they were long time foes... Does it really matter who cuffs JWoo? I couldn’t help but feel that scene was written for dramatic sake or even purposely requested to give a chance for the actress to have more screen time and focus. I don’t know her and I’ve heard that she is an idol. Not meaning to look down on idols and nothing personal against her, but that forest arrest scene lost me quite a bit. I was rolling my eyes and frowning. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 12/16/2020 at 9:37 PM, ktcjdrama said:
On 12/16/2020 at 12:50 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

It feels so out-of-character when she doesn't even tell the so-called special team about her "kidnapping" and surgery and she spills her guts out to Jae-woong so conveniently when he has the very skills she needs to find out what happened to her.

Here as well. She is especially friendly to him that it feels so unnatural given that she has been rather aloof too. HW assessed that as Jamie liking JWoong? When did she started to develop attraction for him and why? I mean what did the guy do that piqued her interest? I can’t remember anything except for the staring contest at the convenience store. 

Agree with you both @ktcjdrama @40somethingahjumma  I am concerned with this writer.  The premise of the story is actually quite good - human experimentation where they become mutants . But my issue is that she is forcing these love lines when there's no need to. It was awkward that they keep shoving it in your face  that JW actually cares for HW, and that he softens when it comes to her ...urghhhh . And then they tell you that Jamie likes this younger chap ? Like for what? The only thing I could think of is the reason why Jamie is behaving so out of character is because she may be naturally drawn to JWoong since she may have been close to him as a child. The flashbacks focused on 3 children - perhaps the 3 kids are them. 

The one thing I couldn't get was why SMH had to stab himself. Also the fact that so much is revealed about JW that I wonder if he's the real killer of the others. I still cannot fully comprehend the idea of lucid dreams being the way JW "convinces" these folks to kill themselves. The scene where  Jamie stopped the lorry when she was escaping the hospital - doe this also mean she has similar powers? 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM

It seems that SMH stabbed himself in part because he wanted Jung-woo to head his security detail and make himself look like a victim. A publicity stunt to garner sympathy since his reputation over the years has gone down the toilet because of his association with the White Night village fiasco. 

I imagine that if Jamie was also experimented on that she would have some dormant abilities and now that she's been in contact with Jung-woo he's managed to trigger her memory. I agree that the part about how the lucid dreams work is still very vague in my mind. Jung-woo was so vague about it that I can't believe he is responsible. I think there is another survivor out there who is more like Charles Xavier out there. From Hye-won says, that's quite likely.

Nothing about the love lines... if you can call it that... make sense to me. I don't know if they're even supposed to be love lines.

The problems I'm seeing with the script are the same ones I sensed in The King. The script tells you that these people have a "connection" and so we must just accept it without the drama doing the hard work of building the connection first. Needless to say I have a lot of issues with this kind of writing. A lot of "tell" and not enough "show".

It boggles my mind that the show gets Hye-won to tell Jamie that she likes Jae-woong. Does she? Or is she just guessing... because HW didn't even know that she liked Jung-woo without someone telling her. There's no clarity there that Jamie likes Computer Boy romantically. Sure, she feels a connection but is that the same thing? Even so, should she be throwing caution to the wind when she was so guarded with Jung-woo. It could be that Computer Boy is her long-lost brother and the show is doing a misdirect. Who knows? 

It's been a while since I've watched something in which the romance gives me constant whiplash. And it's so unnecessary as well. This show doesn't need romance at least not overt romance. All it seems to be doing is disrupting the flow fo the storytelling and taking me out of what could be a fascinating story.

• Insightful 2

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

40 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The problems I'm seeing with the script are the same ones I sensed in The King. The script tells you that these people have a "connection" and so we must just accept it without the drama doing the hard work of building the connection first. Needless to say I have a lot of issues with this kind of writing. A lot of "tell" and not enough "show".

This is the major issue with the script , which makes everything feels forced. Reminds me of those low budget day time soap operas :shocked:

There were discussions on MDL which say that Jamie could be the killer as she was the child that hugged the guy at the village. I am not convinced of that theory as yet. Also interesting that people have different  shipping preferences with different camps thinking who would be better for JW. I am amused because I think JW would be very fortunate if he stays alive at the end of all this. I have a feeling we're going for a rather tragic ending - the guy is dying of a tumor in his brain. He has decided on this path ( to expose these inhumane experiments ) because he's got nothing left to lose. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Stills for tonight

2020122108082507297d3244b4fed18217218612

Among them, the unveiled still raises interest by guessing Nam Goong-min's escape. Nam Goong-min, who should be in the hospital, appeared at the National Police Agency. Moreover, Nam Gung-min is holding a book with his bloody hand, raising curiosity as to why he ventured into the police office at risk. On the other hand, Nam Goong-min is with Kim Seol-hyun and Lee Cheong-ah, but the temperature of Kim Seol-hyun and Lee Cheong-a who treat Nam Goong-min is quite different. Lee Cheong-ah, with a cold expression, is finally aiming a gun at Nam Gung-min, and Kim Seol-hyun is frightened by anger. At the same time, the appearance of these three people creates a sense of tension, and at the same time, interest in this broadcast is increasing whether Nam Gung-min can escape from the crisis and achieve his purpose.

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202012210036&t=NN

• Haha 1

O gosh... I think I am just going to read recaps on this, for the story and just watch selected clips instead. I was literally ffwd-ing the whole of ep.7. 

They’re still pushing the romance, very hard, and I am not feeling any of it at all. It felt so forced, unnatural and so out of place. I have never felt this uncomfortable before with any drama. I have nothing against the actress as I don’t know her, just that the characters setup and development on the romance part is just so so so awkward... It’s not just that I am not feeling it, which I usually can just close one eye, but it also made me feel uncomfortable, thus I’m out. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@abs-oluteM I don't mind a tragic ending for this show. It would make more sense than any kind of love lines. Anyway, it might be just a one-sided thing on Hye-won's end. *me fervently hoping* Besides her dad is most likely the head scientist on the White Night project Phase 2 so I'm not sure how that would work out. I have to wonder as well if Hye-won isn't a product of the new era of experimentation. It doesn't seem likely because she's not someone that he can talk White Night to but then... we don't know what they've managed to achieve with further advancements in technology. And she does have a penchant for beating people up.

There was also confirmation that Jung-woo has always known about Hye-won's relationship with Dr Gong who seems inordinately fond of whistling Home on the Range as he enters the bowels of the White Night facility. Jung-woo specifically requested for that particular team despite objections from the higher-ups. So he picked them not because they were specially skilled. Jamie's the exception, being the relative newcomer.

It seems like the Foundation has activated some of their sleeper agents that they've planted in various locations to go after Jung-woo. They also seem to like playing with knives. And we do have confirmation that Jung-woo is at death's door which explains why he's been getting really bad headaches and punching mirrors. But he doesn't seem to want the tumour removed for because as he says... "there's something he wants to hold on to". I speculate now that his lollipops are likely custom-made painkillers formulated from opiods. Maybe. :shocked2: :smug: 

His colleagues and superiors now know that he's led a relatively transient existence and used his position as a cop to dig into the White Night conspiracy. His entire life was focused on uncovering the doings of the foundation and the remaining survivors.

There was a chilling moment when the camera zoomed in on all the ash urns of the dead subjects displayed in a glass cabinet against the wall near the entrance to the lab. The children who were used as lab rats were treated no better than lab rats. Nameless in life and in death.

Episode 7 is a bit of a relief. I feel that my perseverance has paid off somewhat now that the Foundation is on the move. I also wonder if they are actually trying to kill Jung-woo if he is an asset as Dr Gong claims that he is. Perhaps they are really wanting to capture him alive but he keeps fighting back. Funny that.

There are things about this episode that remind me of Logan -- the last of the Wolverine films. It was really good and was easily the best one. Possibly even the best X-Men film. I'm not saying the show is anywhere close to being that good but the ideas are certainly there.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Insightful 2

5 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Anyway, it might be just a one-sided thing on Hye-won's end. *me fervently hoping*

But the first few minutes of ep.7 just showed that JW is feeling something about her. That she is a variable that he couldn’t manage well... Doesn’t that confirm the mutual feelings? He would never want to admit it of course. And I also think nothing will result from it because of her father’s role in WNV. 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

36 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

But the first few minutes of ep.7 just showed that JW is feeling something about her. That she is a variable that he couldn’t manage well... Doesn’t that confirm the mutual feelings? He would never want to admit it of course. And I also think nothing will result from it because of her father’s role in WNV. 

Haha... I guess so. I must have totally missed that because I looked away at just the right moment. :P

I suppose I'm not as bothered about it because I don't care about the romance all that much and I honestly don't know why he would be interested in her at all. Aside from the fact that she's bossy and fights well. But again... that's the problem with the drama and romance. No investment, no proper build-up. And I'm in total agreement with you. The romance is totally unnecessary. 

You know I thought seriously of not watching this episode myself. So I totally get you. To be honest, I am not feeling the actress playing Hye-won. Very hit and miss for me. But I did like the Foundation developments in it, romance not withstanding. I might see what Episode 8 turns up.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Haha 2

@ktcjdrama @40somethingahjumma  I cannot believe that they still want to push the love line but I suppose this writer who has only written to other short dramas (both rom-coms), think that JW falling for HW may spice things up. :shocked: Gosh  we can see  where the writer is probably heading :

JW had recruited HW to his team knowing full well who her father is. Maybe he suspects she's an experiment too ( she is rather strong physically) or maybe this will be a way for him to find out more about the father. He's put a lot of thought in everything that has happened till now. But what he did not factor in was that he would develop some feelings for HW.  So when the moment comes for him to bring her father down, it would distract him from his mission .

Lol! I cringe as I wrote that ...I hope this writer doesn't use such an elementary plot. 

Romance aside, I am actually much more curious about what it is that these experimented children are capable of . HW's dad & the foundation were trying to build a team of super soldiers . We saw that they were strong physically like JW and that lady who was killed at the psychiatric clinic. They are extremely intelligent like JW and Jamie as well as Jae Woong. But I don't get the idea of how they can remotely intercept someone's mind to convince them to kill themselves or affect the weather / environment around them ( is this due to static that they have in their body ).

At the end of the preview Jamie believes the culprit is the 3rd child. Would that be Jae Woong?  I am still convinced that JW is not the one responsible for the murders.

• Haha 2

Some crucial spoilers for tonight

Translated from: https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2020/12/1311598/

image_readtop_2020_1311598_1608641893448

Jamie gave Son Min-ho a lethal injection on the day, saying, "You have five minutes." Jamie said, "Isn't it first to save your life in front of you?" and recommended that he answers everything related to Do Jung-woo.
Jamie then asked in earnest the authenticity of the case, saying, "Will it help if I told you I were from a White Night village?" "What did police officer Do Jung-woo (Namgung Min) want to know?"

After learning that he was in crisis, Son Min-ho confessed everything about the White Night Village incident. He added, "I was not on the list of survivors at the time, so I knew the children. Why do you think I lived in a house like this? Now let go of the skill system." Jamie said, "Somewhere, the human experiment is continuing, and the members are still the same." Five minutes later, when Son Min-ho collapsed, Jamie succeeded in falsely obtaining Son Min-ho's testimony, saying, "What I put down is sleeping pills."

At the same time, Gong Hye-won (played by Kim Seol-hyun) focused on finding the truth. Soon after, he visited Lee Ji-wook (Yoon Kyung-ho) and shared the crucial video. "There was no notice," Lee said. "It's different from the person who sent the result video," Gong said, "He couldn't have sent the notice this time." "Who was the one who sent the video?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So looks like JW goes to see HW's father & threatens the latter for the location of the secret lab & the third survivor

http://enews24.tving.com/news/article?nsID=1355163

In tvN'Day and Night' broadcast on the 22nd, Do Jeong-woo (played by Nam Gung-min) appeared to Gong Hye-won (played by Kim Seol-hyun)'s father, Gong Il-do (played by Kim Chang-wan) and asked him about the secret laboratory.

In the broadcast that day, Jamie Leighton (played by Lee Cheong-ah), who infiltrated the hospital, revealed to Son Min-ho (played by Choi Jin-ho) that she was from the White Night Village and questioned SMH what Do Jeong-woo was curious about.

At that time, Son Min-ho confessed that the three children who destroyed the village overnight and whom they thought they were dead, are still alive.

In the end, Jamie realized that there was one more survivor other than herself and Do-gyeong, and said that one of them was the real culprit of the predicted  murders.

Meanwhile, at the institute Gong Hye-won (played by Kim Seol-hyun) went to meet her father. As she made her way there,  Do Jeong-woo was already waiting at Gong Il-do's office, which surprised everyone.

JW asked Gong Il Do , "The location of the secret laboratory where the experiment is being continued. And where is that person?" JW  asked about the third child. JW was holding Gong Il Do by the throat, when a knock was heard on the door. 

Preview

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Episode 8 -- I finally got to it. But frankly although it's getting better in some ways, there are better things to watch out there. Now that we're getting to the guts of the White Night foundation and a bit of Jung-woo's backstory at the "village" (which I liked), I'm more attentive. 

The 2 main women, in my opinion, aren't terribly well written or at least... they could be better written. I keep beating on this drum because they are supposed to hold relatively important positions in this storyline but their presence in it lacks substance. Moreover, they don't bring anything new to the table. Even the "villains" whatever shape or form they take, have more of an impact. 

Frankly, if my opinion means anything, Hye-won's character seems largely unnecessary to me except for the fact that she's Dr Gong's daughter. Even her investigation doesn't yield anything kind of information that we don't already have. She's better off, honestly, staying at home doing some reading on lucid dreams or psionic abilities. To me this is symptomatic of writing issues that fail to fine-tune the balancing act.

The execution is the weakest aspect to the show. Floating in the ether that is Awaken are good ideas and that's what most people are responding to. But I still feel that the show doesn't really know what's important or what isn't. The show seems to rely on fillers to make the 1 hour mark. 

It probably should have been a 12 episode drama. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@40somethingahjumma I am still watching this. Love hate relationship :shocked:. I like the White Night Village angle - this whole experiment of children thing going on intrigues me - maybe that's why I am still persisting 

Spoilers for eps 9

1ZBVDJZEPC_1.jpg

The serial killer in'Day and Night' was Yun Sun-woo, not Nam Gung-min. The connection between the white night village and serial killings, as well as the inhumane human body experiments that have continued until now, the secrets of the entangled and shaggy relationship like a spider web began to be unraveled one by one, giving the strongest immersion.

In the 9th episode of tvN's Monday and Tuesday drama'Day and Night' broadcasted on the 28th a shocking secret was released one after another  Do Jeong-woo (played by Nam Gung-min) secures evidence that the Baekya Foundation's secret laboratory has made a connection with the welfare center to continue illegal human testing on children, while Hye-won Gong (played by Seol-hyun Kim) finds out about Il-do Gong (played by Kim Chang-wan) The storm unfolded, noticing that he had participated in the human experiment.

Accordingly, the rating of the 9th episode of'Day and Night' recorded an average of 4.5%, a maximum of 6.0%, an average of 4.1% and a maximum of 5.3% for households in the metropolitan area. (Based on a paid platform incorporating cable, IPTV, and satellite/provided by Nielsen Korea)

On the broadcast that day, the fact that Jaewoong Moon was a multipersonal serial killer was revealed. Moon Jae-woong, along with Do Jeong-woo and Jamie (played by Lee Cheong-ah), was the third child to destroy the White Night Village, and it was revealed that he had been committing a terrible murder after leaving the village. “Isn’t it better to kill him first than to be afraid of dying?” In addition to this, “They also left me alone. Moon Jae-woong's remarks, "I will kill them all," made viewers terrified, and stimulated the curiosity of what kind of past exists between Do Jeong-woo, Jemi-i, and Moon Jae-woong that have not yet been revealed.

On the other hand, Do Jeong-woo and Gong Hye-won drew attention to the Baekya Foundation and the whole end of illegal human experimentation. First, Gong Hye-won confirmed the ugly reality of her  father Gong Il-do. After seeing the evidence video of the white night village, he learned that her father was the leading player in illegal human experimentation. As a result, interest in Gong Hye-won's future moves, who confirmed her father's inhumane and bare face, is increasing.

Meanwhile, Do Jeong-woo began to find a full-fledged secret laboratory. In the process of investigating welfare centers related to the Baekya Foundation, Do Jeong-woo found out that children were disappearing in the name of adoption. Moreover, Do Jeong-woo, who confirmed that the list of children adopted by the welfare center and the children he saw at the Gongildo Institute, confirmed that there was a connection between the Baekya Foundation, the secret laboratory, and the welfare center, raising tensions. Accordingly, interest in future development is heightened to see if Do Jeong-woo can find another secret laboratory and prevent another sacrifice.

Translated from : https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1ZBVDJZEPC

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM 

I think we both deserve applause and a pat on the back for persisting. But it's not all bad. There's enough intriguing material for us to persist. 

It seems to me that even among members of the Foundation, they each have their own agenda so that would be interesting. Except for Jung-woo, I don't think the so called good guys are terribly interesting. I suspect the most interesting people in this show will be the villains and what they're respective motives are in joining the Foundation.

But honestly Jamie needs to start working with Jung-woo so to find the new hidden lab. 

Thanks for hanging on. It won't be so lonely for me around here. :laugh:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Darkarcana said:

Eh. I’m here too! It’s just that I’m not posting...:letalQQ::cry:

How are you finding the drama so far?

@40somethingahjumma one of the main problems with the drama so far is that it is weak in building- up the suspense. Like you said before , the drama tells you rather than shows you.

------------------

They have released some new posters:

2020123001002116700130881.jpg

In the 9th episode of "Day and Night," it was revealed that Moon Jae-woong was the real culprit of the serial preview murder and the third child from the White Night village, which Do Jung-woo (Namgung Min) was looking for . Moreover, in addition to his timid personality being abused, Moon Jae-woong was found to have  "multiple personality" with brutal violence and psychopathic tendencies, adding to the shock. Jamie (Lee Chung-ah) is currently tracking down his identity, weighing the possibility that the third child is the real culprit in the case. However, Moon Jae-woong is well aware of the police investigation, drawing keen attention to Moon Jae-woong's future moves.

2020123001002116700130882.jpg

Among them, the poster released raises the attention of Yoon Sun-woo. First, Yoon Sun-woo's solo poster draws attention with an eerie atmosphere. On a pitch-black night, Yoon Sun-woo is hiding himself in the dark enough to reveal only his silhouette. Empty eyes and an expressionless face that doesn't know what's inside create tension. On the other hand, Yoon Sun-woo's presence in the newly formed four-member poster is strong. Yoon Sun-woo smiles with his back to Namgoong Min, Kim Seol-hyun (played by Gong Hye-won) and Lee Chung-ah, who are standing side by side by side. This raises questions about how Yoon Sun-woo will be related to the three people in the drama, and whether Namgung Min, Kim Seol-hyun and Lee Chung-ah will be able to find out the true nature of Yoon Sun-woo.

"Yoon Sun-woo will be a key player who shakes the board in the second half," said a source from "Day and Night." He will create intense tension by confronting Nam Gung-min. Also, as Yoon Sun-woo's two personalities in the drama harbor different feelings toward Lee Chung-ah, their relationship will also be a point of observation. Please look forward to it.

Article translated from Sports Chosun

• Like 2

Ooo some spoiler for eps 10. Okay , slowly we can see the mechanics of how these people have these lucid dreams..through the use of a smart watch. It is no coincidence that Jamie keeps bumping into Jae Woong...he's actually been seeking her out:

Spoiler article: https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202012299284I

Lee Chung-ah found out that Yoon Sun-woo was the third child.

In the 10th episode of tvN's Monday-Tuesday drama "Day and Night," which aired on December 29, Jamie Layton (Lee Chung-ah) was pictured heading to the white night village after realizing that the meeting with Moon Jae-woong (Yoon Sun-woo) was not a coincidence.

On this day, Moon Jae-woong (Yoon Sun-woo) gave medicine to CEO Lee Tae-soo, who wanted to have a more stimulating dream, and the CEO headed to the rooftop. Jamie tried to meet the CEO  with the investigation team, but was stopped in the lobby. At that moment, representative Lee Tae-soo fell from the rooftop, not a lucid dream.

Later, Jamie found a smartwatch in the hands of the bleeding dead CEO, and before that, she learned that serial killers wore smartwatches with unusual patterns in common. Jamie also looked back on her meeting with Moon Jae-woong and made sure that he was the third child.

Jamie said, "How could I not have known? I've been used to it since we first met. A person who met too often to be called a coincidence and who is interested in me as a matter of course. a perfect stranger. The third kid was already next to me. "I'm going to go to the White Night village," she said.

-------------------------------

Other cuts

Spoiler

Preview for next week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It annoys me that the show relies too much on the stupidity and indiscretions of characters to move things along. Some indiscretion is to be expected. But Jamie who is supposed to be intelligent and all that, consistently does silly things espeically where Jae-woong is concerned. Okay, I get that they have a childhood connection and he may even be her brother. However, discussing a case with the door opened so that everyone within earshot can be privy to the details... Really? Was she really working with the FBI? I don't mind that she feels compelled to work with the sensationalist broadcaster even though he can be a pain. But at least she knows where he stands even if he's not investigating for any altruistic reasons.

Episode 10 was better. Probably the best episode yet. There was some movement forward although for the most part there was very little new information. Or nothing we didn't more or less already have an inkling about. There's enough good stuff in each episode that invites you to continue down the rabbit hole but only just. If you ask me, we should have been given something resembling Episode 10 much sooner. What my bug bear about this show is that it keeps rehashing old ground even if it's done through the perspective of different characters. Like the entire sequence of Hye-won tailing Dr Gong for instance to find out that he catches public transport inconsistently to be picked up by a sleek black sedan. Yeah, I get that they wanted to dovetail her tracking of Dr Gong with Jung-woo's tail of the orphan harvesting vehicle. I was also relieved (sad to say) that the show had next to no Hye-won and Jung-woo interaction. I just can't warm up to the actress at all. She's fine looking bewildered... she's very much at home in that posture but any more than that, she's out of her depth.

I will say that the fight scenes are generally good in this show but there's really not enough of it for a show about superhumans and crazy sci-fi. I think I could forgive the show its many sins if we could get more action sequences all across the board. 

It's obvious that Jung-woo has spent all of his adult life (at least) investigating the White Night Foundation. He's known just about everything for quite some time. His memories were always intact unlike Jamie's.  Although I want to know how he got his hands on the video footage documenting what the scientists were doing to the children 26 years ago. Presumably it hasn't been lying around somebody's desk or store room waiting to be found by him. However, it seems only recently that he's found out that they have been continuing the experiments on children "harvested" from a very particular orphanage. I am supposing that he's taking advantage of the murders and Jamie's return to SK to "misdirect" and do more digging.

Watching scenes of orphaned kids used as lab rats was very disturbing particularly as they flatlined sequentially. For Dr Gong to openly use that kind of language without batting an eyelash... that really took the cake. I'm not sure how all these people can sleep easy at night labelling vulnerable kids as "test subjects", "lab rats" and feeling not the slightest unease about the deaths of children who are expedient (in their eyes) because they are nobodies in society. They have no family... no one who will come looking when they disappear from the face of the earth.

I think most of us suspected/knew that Jae-woong was the third kid. And even the fact that he had a dual personality. But it was useful to know how he achieved his suicide-murders and insight as to who he was targetting specifically.  His aggressive personality is the one calling the shots. And the other interesting revelation is that his aggressive personality wants his passive one to be abused and get beaten... so that he will, in all likelihood, continue to rely on the other personality.

There is strong possibility that this show could end tragically especially for the original three. It's not beyond the pale. As long as they shut down the Foundation's business for good.

• Insightful 1

On 12/29/2020 at 11:47 PM, abs-oluteM said:

How are you finding the drama so far?

For me, as of now, I’m hanging there because of Min. Dumb decisions makes more scripted contents I guess. 🤣

For some time I have been wondering about the title ‘Awaken’ & ‘Day and night’ it all meant having two sides of the coin. So if we put it in picture. Jamie has been awaken(?) because she is finally awoke to her childhood that she has lost. Jae Woong has been awoken due to his personality or alters. Then what about Jung Woo? I feel like his awakening is coming very soon and I feel like when he awakes, he could be very different from who he is now. Feel like this drama talks about duality a lot so I won’t shut down the fact that Jung Woo might just have another alter too. Who knows, can’t wait!

• Insightful 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Interesting  development & change to the character chart...hmm  now they having a purple question mark between JW and Jamie too, and the same one between JW and HWon :shocked:

J2tUfaz.jpg

Explanation (translated with papago) from here:

The relationship between "Day and Night" has been reorganized. The tangled relationship between the figures related to the past White Night Village disaster and those found raises interest.

Among them, "Day and Night" attracts attention by releasing a re-revision of character relations as the development of a series of twists and turns. It increases interest by providing a link between a person and an incident that was not revealed in the previously disclosed personality relationship.

In the released "Personal Relationship Reorganization," the triangular relationship between Do Jung-woo, Jamie and Moon Jae-woong draws attention. The three are three children who caused the White Night Village disaster in the past, forming a triangle structure. In particular, Moon Jae-woong, who revealed the reality of multiple-person serial killers, is showing hatred toward Do Jung-woo and Jamie, while Do Jung-woo and Jamie have not revealed their feelings toward Moon Jae-woong. This raises questions about what other past there is between the three.

At the same time, there is a question mark between Do Jung-woo and Jamie. Do Jung-woo had performed Jamie's brain surgery after learning that he had brain lesions due to the after effects of his human experiment in a white night village. Furthermore, Do Jung-woo and Jamie are believed to have trusted and relied on each other in their past memories. Attention is also drawn to their relationship that will be revealed in the future.

Above all, Do Jung-woo, Jamie, and Moon Jae-woong are a group that have a common opposite point, and the "White Night Foundation" is located, drawing attention. The White Night Foundation is an ugly group of desires that dream of immortality, and the three were tested on illegal human bodies when they were young in the village of White Night, the origin of the White Night Foundation. Since then, Do Jung-woo has been pursuing Gong Il-do (played by Kim Chang-wan) and Oh Jung-hwan (played by Kim Tae-woo), who are still conducting human experiments, to prevent a second sacrifice. On the other hand, Moon Jae-woong used his lucid dream to create a total of seven deaths among officials of the White Night Foundation. It is unknown how much more blood revenge will unfold in the future.

Meanwhile, attention is focused on the existence of the owner of the Baekya Foundation. Do Jung-woo is chasing the geographical roots that practically direct all these atrocities, from the white night village to the White Night Foundation. The reality of the topography muscle has yet to be revealed that it is healthy until the age estimated to be 106 years old by applying the formula made by Do Jung-woo. Questions are mounting over the secret of the yet-to-be-released White Night Foundation and its substance.

Furthermore, the existence of Gong Hye-won will be a variable. Gong Hye-won is the daughter of Gong Il-do, a key researcher in human experimentation, and has affection for Do Jung-woo. Meanwhile, in the 10th episode, Gong Hye-won confirmed the ugly bare face of her father, Gong Il-do. Expectations are high that he will play a role in persuading Gong Il-do to prevent the ugly desire of the Baekya Foundation.

In addition, Lee Ji-wook (Yoon Kyung-ho) and Jung Soon-gu (Woo Hyun) are connected to cooperative and supporting relationships with Do Jung-woo and Jamie, respectively. In particular, Lee Ji-wook predicted that he would visit the village with Jamie, who visited the village on the white night in the 10th episode. Attention is drawn to what other secrets will be revealed there. Expectations for the future development of "Day and Night" are rising vertically as the puzzle board of truth is being aligned over the disastrous past white night village disaster.

Pre-released teaser for eps 11

• Thanks 1